A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

NOT a serious thread 2018

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
We interrupt this conversation to bring you the latest World Cup "surprises and non-surprises:"

Japan 2, Colombia 1 (big surprise)
Senegal 2, Poland 1 (not a surprise)
Russia 3, Egypt 1 (not a surprise)

And now we resume normal programming with "NOT a serious thread" . . . y no pares de caminar.
The players shorts are too long!

Seriously.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
Maybe it's my Alba roots emerging, but hahaha. Good I'll never be in the position to have to do this kind f driving, @kirkie! But, gee. Right now I'm in Italy. People drive like maniacs here. No offense meant. Just sharing my experience....:eek:
Are you walking to Rome? Seriously :D

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I may as well share with you that I shall be walking my 4th camino francés this Summer.... After spending MONTHS planning other itineraries :D Hahaha.
My main worry is how to carry my ‘not serious’ badge :oops:

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Maybe it's my Alba roots emerging, but hahaha. Good I'll never be in the position to have to do this kind f driving, @kirkie! But, gee. Right now I'm in Italy. People drive like maniacs here. No offense meant. Just sharing my experience....:eek:
Yes they do. Even worse than the Parisians, woohoo :D I had people parking on a pedestrian crossing, speaking in their phone, WHILST we were crossing....and that included women with pushchairs :eek::D Surreal.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Yes they do. Even worse than the Parisians, woohoo :D I had people parking on a pedestrian crossing, speaking in their phone, WHILST we were crossing....and that included women with pushchairs :eek::D Surreal.
Sleep evading me so... it will be edge of chair stuff, following you all the way. I look backwards (cf nycwalking) to your reports.:cool:

Sleep evading me so... it will be edge of chair stuff, following you all the way. I look backwards (cf nycwalking) to your reports.:cool:
Oh, sorry, kirkie :(

Have you done the deep breathing ... concentrating solely on your breath as it enters and leaves? I often breathe in through my nose and allow it to escape through my lips.
Usually, I don’t manage to do it for long, because I’ve fallen asleep :)

On a less serious note .... take care to avoid the furniture ;)

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
We interrrupt the NOT a serious thread to bring you the latest from the World Cup.

Portugal 1, Morocco 0
Uruguay 1, Saudi Arabia 0
Spain 1, Iran 0

Look at those scores. Congratulations to mis amigos Uruguayos, Portugueses, y Españoles for your victories. And now we resume normal programming with NOT a serious thread, y no pares de caminar.

Camino(s) past & future
Once again kirkie is cooorrrect!

An emperor penguin shmoo. Only to be found next to emperor's new clothes.

And, have an un-cola made from the un-cola nut to wash it all down.

A provecho!
It was stgcph who put me on the track. I confess to having missed out on Shmoos in my tender years. That explains a lot...
I have just spent a wee while going down memory lane. I searched for The Bumblies, and found one of my favourite early childhood tv shows...the photo is too hungry for space. Google turnipnet.com>Home>Children’s programmes> The Bumblies. Their human character was Michael Bentine, one of the Goons. The Wiki entry for him is very informative. I loved their defiance of gravity, of reality!

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
I know that some of our forum members are getting hungry with all the FOOD entries above, so, let's shift gear here to discuss the latest from the World Cup.

Today 22/6/18
Brazil 2, Costa Rica 0
Nigeria 2, Iceland 0
Switzerland 2, Serbia 1

Tomorrow 23/6/18
Belgium vs Tunisia
Germany vs Sweden
South Korea vs Mexico

Good luck to the Red Devils tomorrow, the same thing to mis amigos Mexicanos (note, IF Mexico wins then be on the lookout for earthquake news from Mexico City)! And now we resume normal programming with The Food Channel.

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Tonight is Saint John’s Eve here in Denmark, and traditionally we celebrate in the old ”heathen way” by lighting bonfires to fend off witches and bad spells and singing some traditional songs by the fire. It is almost also a tradition that the weather is quite bad on this evening, but this year it is going to be a warm and pleasant evening. Actually, it is so dry after months with almost no rain that bonfires are not allowed in some parts of the country. I just heard that in some places big screens will be put up, so that people can enjoy a “digital bonfire” – an old tradition supported by the blessings of technology. Happy Saint John ’s Eve… :)

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
I know that some of our forum members are getting hungry with all the FOOD entries above, so, let's shift gear here to discuss the latest from the World Cup.

Today 22/6/18
Brazil 2, Costa Rica 0
Nigeria 2, Iceland 0
Switzerland 2, Serbia 1

Tomorrow 23/6/18
Belgium vs Tunisia
Germany vs Sweden
South Korea vs Mexico

Good luck to the Red Devils tomorrow, the same thing to mis amigos Mexicanos (note, IF Mexico wins then be on the lookout for earthquake news from Mexico City)! And now we resume normal programming with The Food Channel.

Belgium-Tunisia 5-2
We did well...Tunisia better next time!
Viewing it now.Recorded it because @Peter Fransiscus and I went for a borderwalk today.

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Tonight is Saint John’s Eve here in Denmark, and traditionally we celebrate in the old ”heathen way” by lighting bonfires to fend off witches and bad spells and singing some traditional songs by the fire. It is almost also a tradition that the weather is quite bad on this evening, but this year it is going to be a warm and pleasant evening. Actually, it is so dry after months with almost no rain that bonfires are not allowed in some parts of the country. I just heard that in some places big screens will be put up, so that people can enjoy a “digital bonfire” – an old tradition supported by the blessings of technology. Happy Saint John ’s Eve… :)
And happy Saint John’s Eve to you too! :) I am in Spain right now and tomorrow are the BIG bonfires....
http://www.alicanteturismo.com/the-hogueras-de-san-juan-festival/?lang=en
Have fun! :cool:

Camino(s) past & future
But, @kirkie, no players are allowed to wear red socks at Wimbleton!
(OMG, Pimms. It's been decades since I've thought of Pimms. I had forgotten about it.)
damn etc! what about secret red socks, tiny, not visible? miniscule? and I have heard of Pimms, but now my interest is piqued and I might just head into a bar and ask for one!

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Now, seriously, ladies and gents, in my opinion (I say again, in my personal opinion) this year we have the worst "Official FIFA World Cup Song" of the past couple of decades. How bad is it? I respect our forum members, therefore I will NOT post a link to that song. Which one is the best World Cup Song in the past couple of decades? I am glad you asked! In my opinion, the honor goes to mis amigos Africanos with "This Time for Africa" (Shakira's Waka Waka, their 2010 World Cup Song, and take a good look at the "views" counter).

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Now, seriously, ladies and gents, in my opinion (I say again, in my personal opinion) this year we have the worst "Official FIFA World Cup Song" of the past couple of decades. How bad is it? I respect our forum members, therefore I will NOT post a link to that song. Which one is the best World Cup Song in the past couple of decades? I am glad you asked! In my opinion, the honor goes to mis amigos Africanos with "This Time for Africa" (Shakira's Waka Waka, their 2010 World Cup Song, and take a good look at the "views" counter).

Agree, can’t beat Shakira :cool:

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Tonight is Saint John’s Eve here in Denmark . . .
And happy Saint John’s Eve to you too! . . .
San Juan Bautista is the patron saint of Puerto RIco, it is "Vispera de San Juan or Noche de San Juan" in the Caribbean, mis amigos Boricuas (Puerto Rico) celebrate this evening by going to the beach, and exactly at midnight they are supposed to jump in the water "backward, three times" for good luck . . . and then they continue celebrating next to the hogueras with their cold cervezas and a lot of good tropical food. Viva the good life, Viva la Noche de San Juan. Now we resume normal programming with NOT a serious thread.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
San Juan Bautista is the patron saint of Puerto RIco, it is "Vispera de San Juan or Noche de San Juan" in the Caribbean, mis amigos Boricuas (Puerto Rico) celebrate this evening by going to the beach, and exactly at midnight they are supposed to jump in the water "backward, three times" for good luck . . . and then they continue celebrating next to the hogueras with their cold cervezas and a lot of good tropical food. Viva the good life, Viva la Noche de San Juan. Now we resume normal programming with NOT a serious thread.
Meanwhile back in the off mainland Europe outback, how positive is this? If it rains on St John’ s day, you may wear your red Euroschirm umbrella for the next 40 days to keep the rain off. Maybe I should hop over to pick up the free poncho in Santiago... is it red, though?

Camino(s) past & future
94CAD94C-5499-4218-8374-078DA3FEB440.jpeg
It is never too late to learn something new. While I do carry a British passport, this is proof that I am an outlier. (That description, outlier, is another fairly recent addition to my knowledge store.i have just been scouting around looking for its etymology and quite understand why it has never registered with me. My abysmal grasp of mathematics when at school is to blame. i opted for the easy way to get a ‘maths’ subject by downgrading myself to an arithmetic class. Geometry? Algebra? Please! Don’t do this to me... ) So, to return to Pimm’s. Thank you Sabine. I have time to practise. I will have to wait till 12.30 today, till the licensing laws allow alcohol to be sold. Along with the tomatoes and lettuce I forgot to buy yesterday, I will buy a bottle of Pimm’s. I found one of many recipes that I will begin with. I knew there was a good reason for buying strawberries yesterday... so now I have my plan: take a train to starting point of walk, stroll around the perimeter of Phoenix Park and return along the banks of the river. By the start of Wimbledon, I expect to be able to whip up a Pimm’s with one hand behind my back. Such an ambition for this time on a Sunday morning. Have a great moment, everyone, whether it is morning, afternoon or evening.

And happy Saint John’s Eve to you too! :) I am in Spain right now and tomorrow are the BIG bonfires....
http://www.alicanteturismo.com/the-hogueras-de-san-juan-festival/?lang=en
Have fun! :cool:

We celebrate St John’s Day with a bonfire, over the embers of which we leap, as a symbolic cleansing, in answer to John the Baptist’s cry “Metanoia!”.

One St John’s Festival Day, in the Steiner school my children attended, the field was bone dry. The fire kept throwing out sparks .... and kept getting bigger and bigger .... as it would ...
Luckily, there were many huge containers of water available, taken to dilute the elderflower we’d made and carried up the hill. :):D

View attachment 43845
It is never too late to learn something new. While I do carry a British passport, this is proof that I am an outlier. (That description, outlier, is another fairly recent addition to my knowledge store.i have just been scouting around looking for its etymology and quite understand why it has never registered with me. My abysmal grasp of mathematics when at school is to blame. i opted for the easy way to get a ‘maths’ subject by downgrading myself to an arithmetic class. Geometry? Algebra? Please! Don’t do this to me... ) So, to return to Pimm’s. Thank you Sabine. I have time to practise. I will have to wait till 12.30 today, till the licensing laws allow alcohol to be sold. Along with the tomatoes and lettuce I forgot to buy yesterday, I will buy a bottle of Pimm’s. I found one of many recipes that I will begin with. I knew there was a good reason for buying strawberries yesterday... so now I have my plan: take a train to starting point of walk, stroll around the perimeter of Phoenix Park and return along the banks of the river. By the start of Wimbledon, I expect to be able to whip up a Pimm’s with one hand behind my back. Such an ambition for this time on a Sunday morning. Have a great moment, everyone, whether it is morning, afternoon or evening.

:D:D:D

Enjoy practicing!!!
It can be pretty lethal :D:D;)

Agree, can’t beat Shakira :cool:

This number got me hooked :)
To my shame, I’d never listened to her before :rolleyes:

@Sailor .... I just looked at those ‘views’ .... phenomenal :eek:

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%