A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

NOT a serious thread 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Ooooh! I can hear those bots rising from their slumbers..they’re circling and getting louder!
The redbots are the worst.....
Think I’ve got it and caught it...perhaps I’ve been stung...absolutely no known cure!
Nobody on this thread seems to know of one!
It’s....incurable!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
I like that. Well actually I dont like the reality of it so much at the Moment!
Oh dear, where's that box gone? the one , yes, the red one... I am pretty sure that's where the Abbess put her everyday socks. her red socks... Alice, are you listening to me? This is the intermittent thread, right?

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Oh dear, where's that box gone? the one , yes, the red one... I am pretty sure that's where the Abbess put her everyday socks. her red socks... Alice, are you listening to me? This is the intermittent thread, right?
Ivar is fiddling with her red box!

Un huh!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Today a website challenges you to prove that you are not a robot. Fifty years from now a website will challenge you to prove that you are not a human!
Well easy peasy!

50’s series
Operates through electric impulses which trigger responses, reflex and emotions.
Programmed by the system.
Has to be serviced with oil (comment...”you were well oiled last night”)
Prone to malfunctions that need to be remedied by reprogramming.
Responds to simple instructions but can short circuit and go for more oiling.
Batteries wind down but recharged overnight.
Worker model due for retirement in favour of later series.

See...Human...Doh!

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
But hey! So many threads...
About people starting on a first Camino, about people thinking which Camino next? About which/how many different Caminos you can possibly combine...
And should you do it on your own or with a tour?
Which one is best?
And what should you take ? A fleece, no fleece? A sleeping bag, three sleeping bags???
I feel like I am like an alcohol addict in a wine shop!!!
D'you think I may be in the wrong forum?
I shouldn't be here!!! :D:D:D;)
Just to remember everyone that @domigee started all of this.
I believe she is yet on another Camino.
I wonder how many elephants, giraffes and flamingos she already met...?

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Just to remember everyone that @domigee started all of this.
I believe she is yet on another Camino.
I wonder how many elephants, giraffes and flamingos she already met...?
I wish she'd let me know.

I'd give her free transport, luggage and all, across the meseta on my elephants for hire.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A bit of trade war there...us donkeys are the beast of burden...
Well, there are many things I could say: some are sacrilegious, others sacrosanct, and others too urbane for a public forum.

So, methinks I'll hold me peace on donkey talk.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
And what about the street party in the Cathedral Square for this most auspicious day? Do you dig that word? Auspicious. Too bad I read the rule disallowing capitals and red letters. Love that word. Looks like a corruption of awe and suspicious. What about spicious? Hang on? That”s what I heard all the cows muttering! Spicious! Spiciously speaking, the man of the moment is maybe going to come thundering through the arch on his trusty steed. Will the webcams catch the moment? Ooh! Such excitement! Buen Camino, dear pilgrims all, and spiciously more so to all our wonderful Ménage-a-rie. Including the chicken...

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Ooooh! I can hear those bots rising from their slumbers..they’re circling and getting louder!
The redbots are the worst.....
Think I’ve got it and caught it...perhaps I’ve been stung...absolutely no known cure!
Nobody on this thread seems to know of one!
It’s....incurable!
Yes, incurable. Once you get caught in the grip of the "NOT a serious thread", there is no way out!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I wish she'd let me know.

I'd give her free transport, luggage and all, across the meseta on my elephants for hire.
Oh by the way, over 500 million USD for the taking tonight on the US Lotto, I have my tickets. Good luck, seriously !!!
What? I just read this 7-11 is just around the corner. But, at 8:20 it is too late. Next time.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
@SabineP

You might be getting some RAIN on Friday! :)
Not that it’ll have any long-tern effect on the temperatures ... :confused:

@Peter Fransiscus

I hope you have been comfortably air-conditioned in the hospital :)
How’s the walking going?
Sitting outside and it's raining , the trees are happy.
I'am not in the hospital anymore, I'am home sinds Monday afternoon.
About the walking, it's to hot to walk outside.
At the end of the week there are lower temperatures , wil start walking than.

chinacat

Veteran Member
About 99% of the population of the planet. It'd be a whole lot of fun to spread it around.
(Seriously, @chinacat, I totally agree. But that is way too serious.)
And did you try?

That’s why I used to do the Lottery. I had a win once ... £450 ... and had great fun spreading it around :cool:

And ... and this is way too serious ... she succumbed, quite suddenly, to old age ... and it was too late. She was as tough as old boots, until she wasn’t, and could definitely have made it on the route I’d planned.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
She was as tough as old boots, until she wasn’t, and could definitely have made it on the route I’d planned.
Ah, I'm sorry, @chinacat. It's poignant to lose a four-legged friend.
(Come to think of it, you could be talking about a number of us peregrinas too.;)
Or at least what we hope to be able to do - walk until we can't.)

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future

SabineP

Camino(s) past & future
There is a mass being said for St James Day at the Cathdral as I write this - and (wait for it)...the priests are all dressed in RED. There you go. We are all officially on the good side. But we knew that.
Happy St James Day everyone!
Ah yes the wonders of the liturgical colours in the Church! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
I guess right now the waiting line at the Oficina will be quite short.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Unseriously .... who needs 500 million USD .... ???
I. Then, I could walk endless caminos with my friends and family. And, we can all don red socks and packs.

Also, I could really get my elephant transport business up and running.

Happy St. James day to all.

@peter, so glad to see you on board again. Buen camino.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
We have a winner and that winner is NOT me. One ticket sold at a liquor store in San Jose California is the winner. For reference, that city is by the San Francisco Bay area (San Jose is okay, but I can no longer recommend San Francisco). Good luck with your next lotto ticket !!!

zrexer

Camino(s) past & future
2014, 15,16 & 19 Camino Frances
2017 Camino Portuguese
2018 Camino Primitivo
Wow, I have not checked in on this thread for awhile, but I see it continues to chug along. Nice we can spend some time looking at the lighter side of all things Camino.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Wow, I have not checked in on this thread for awhile, but I see it continues to chug along. Nice we can spend some time looking at the lighter side of all things Camino.
I thought we were walkin; chugging along requires a whole new set of thread gear.

And, I am in Los Angeles not San Jose. Ergo, I did not win lottery.

Glad to see you back.

zrexer

Camino(s) past & future
2017 Camino Portuguese
2018 Camino Primitivo
I thought we were walkin; chugging along requires a whole new set of thread gear.

Glad to see you back.
Been busy training for my upcoming Primitivo, now about 7 weeks until I start. Dropped close to 20 lbs since the start of the year and now weigh what I did about 30 years ago. Figure less weight to haul up each hill!

Last edited:

zrexer

Camino(s) past & future
2017 Camino Portuguese
2018 Camino Primitivo

Glad to see you back.
Oh, Oh...I see a new debate starting regarding the benefits of 'chugging along' versus simply walking. I guess as long as you are wearing red socks it does not matter so much...

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Glad to see you back.
Chugging can also mean guzzling beer while you walk your camino. Me, though, I'm a vino gal and it aint for chugging! ;)

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Chugging can also mean guzzling beer while you walk your camino. Me, though, I'm a vino gal and it aint for chugging! ;)
Too much info. Too much.

I only chug Root Beer. Methinks, me must let it go though. Too much sugar and an odd ooze out of.... Allergic reaction!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Red velvet ice cream, nice photo by Mister P. Here is a hint for you in case we meet during a camino. I conduct "frequent stops" for ice cream, cheese cake, pecan pie, chocolate cookies. Sometimes I stop for water!
Really, Sailor? I have yet to see any cheesecake, pecan pie or chocolate cookies on any of my caminos! Maybe I just don't know where to look. Dessert options on the standard pilgrim meals mostly consisted of either flan, yogurt, vanilla ice cream, or a piece of fruit. You must have wandered in to some high end restaurants. Lol.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Really, Sailor? I have yet to see any cheesecake, pecan pie or chocolate cookies on any of my caminos! Maybe I just don't know where to look. Dessert options on the standard pilgrim meals mostly consisted of either flan, yogurt, vanilla ice cream, or a piece of fruit. You must have wandered in to some high end restaurants. Lol.
I had a tarta de queso at a high end restaurant in Cizur Menor. It was delicious. Not on my dime either. Camino provided.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I salute you sailor! Constitution of an ox! (Back to the animal thread there)

Chugging? This Camino looks more fun than I originally thought!
Tinto de Verano/cerveza/vino Roso..and all shades in between....got to keep hydrated wherever it comes from! Water?? Hey guys there’s a shortage with all this heat...got to do your bit with conservation! Will be the oil of the 21st century...you are after all programmed to buy it!!!!!

SabineP

Camino(s) past & future
Btw thought of all of you this morning when I saw this hot air ballloon.
How nice it would be if we could share a flight and roam over the lovely area here.
We should leave our animal menagerie on the ground though ... think they would not appreciate the noise...

Attachments

Last edited:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Btw thought of all of you this morning when I saw this hot air ballloon.
How nice it would be if we could share a flight and roam over the lovely area here.
We should leave our animal menagerie on the ground though ... think they would not appreciate the noise...
We have the balloon fiesta wher I live...Don Cameron’s doing....spectacular!!!!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Just did a google search for him.Interesting!
Well I could tell you a bit without google...
Cameron balloons in bedminster, Bristol.
He built the ballon for Richard Branson etc.
Started the balloon fiesta many years ago of which the highlight is the “glow”. All the balloons fire up at dusk but don’t take off!
When they are all in the air it is a sight! The sky is full!
Had one land in our garden!

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Thanks Miss S for the photo of the balloon. I like them, and I see them every time I visit Mi Casa Tranquila (in another state). I plan to attend the International Balloon Fiesta in the state of New Mexico, is part of my 2019 travel plans (October 2019); taking care of my daily walk early in the morning, then watch all the balloonists in action. No pares de caminar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.5%
  • May

Votes: 204 24.0%