A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Ooooh a FOMO sounds fun. I want a FOMO.
I NEED a FOMO as I only have one pair of red socks.... :)
I feel really stupid cuz I don't know what a FOMO is...seriously! Oh, maybe my comment should be under "This is a SERIOUS thread". Should I start one?

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
I feel really stupid cuz I don't know what a FOMO is...seriously! Oh, maybe my comment should be under "This is a SERIOUS thread". Should I start one?

NOOOOO...stay here..Don't go " to the other side "...It is fun here. We have stuffed animals and red woolly socks and..and...and...And a club badge soon too.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
NOOOOO...stay here..Don't go " to the other side "...It is fun here. We have stuffed animals and red woolly socks and..and...and...And a club badge soon too.
Ok! But someone still needs to tell me what FOMO is!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. Next: Gd St Bernard to Rome
Ohhhh, Fear Of Missing Out. Is that a European "thingy"? I'd never heard of it before, but I lead a pretty "sheltered" life, but this thread has set me free! :)
Well I think I'm European but I had never heard of it either. (Note to self: must get out more often)
I was still sure I needed one though! :p ;)

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Oh that reminds me of the absurd song by Belgian Hugo Mathijsen where he sings about an old gnu...who is ,well basically old and tired. Guess only Peter will understand the lyrics...;) Very catchy song...
Reminds me of this silly - err sorry I meant very very good (and serious) song :p

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Fomo didn’t faze me one bit. I guessed if I waited long enough someone would ask, and another someone would answer. And now, in spite of a certain fomo, hasta mañana folks, thanks for the fun!
Hasta mañana Kirkie :) Sweet camino dreams.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
Beautiful! Purrfect!
Indeed. This poses a problem, though as the quorum needs to be a quorum of strangers. And a menagerie of friends (especially if they have red socks) will never be strangers. I guess the bet will never be settled.

3. Wait, what......elephants??? I have already purchased my back pack and it's for Zebras - not elephants - no one told me!!
Take a deep breath, Kate. You'll be fine. Super Blue Blood moon years mean that all such rules are temporarily be suspended. Except the red socks.

Soon we´re all questioning our fundamental authenticity.
What's that?

What's that??

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese.
Let's keep within the bounds of respectability please. I've just removed a post that I think crossed the line! No harm done, but some of us are more sensitive than others.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Respectability? Well, no further comments...

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Oh that reminds me of the absurd song by Belgian Hugo Mathijsen where he sings about an old gnu...who is ,well basically old and tired. Guess only Peter will understand the lyrics...;) Very catchy song...
This song is so weird that it is funny .;)
In my opinion its getting better when you had a few drinks .

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
@kirkie, you found my elephant! Quintuple like!!!
I should have know the whiff of a party would bring him out of the woodwork.
Please, while you have him corralled, can you ask Ozymandius what he did with his custom-made red socks?
And watch out. He does a mean bit of break dancing...meaning he breaks everything in sight.
But he likes gnus, so if they come to the party that should keep him safely busy. (He likes to have long serious conversations with them - he's a addicted to politics, as they are.)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Count me in as long as I do not have to dance...:p
The party was your idea (Edit- Oops, kirkie's idea so she has to dance...no excuses! We'll all just kick our shoes off and let those red socks fly!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Quite a hilarious picture, kirkie, but I doubt you would ever be hired as a "photoshop" professional. Those socks are a little rough around the edges, but cute just the same! ;)
I know, I know. Fairly humble, I am. Not a bit offended. So, do I tear up the application form for the course in Art College, I wonder? Waah!

SabineP

Camino(s) past & future
I'm really considering taking one of these on my next April Camino.
For different reasons I will not sleep in albergues so not taking a sleepingbag: enough space left for this cutie...;)
http://www.bartsmit.com/nl/bsbe/ty-teeny-knuffel-giraffe-mabs-10-cm

I also took up knitting recently so feeling a red mini socks project coming up...

Watch this space..............................................................:cool:

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
And just in case anyone is beginning to think this thread is not worth pursuing (no-one here, I know)...
Someone came to me with a exercise book full of notes, and this is the cover.20180215_145824.jpg
But...but...there are no red socks!
Are they a Camino thing?

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, Soulac, Norte, Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo
Just couldn't resist the challenge :eek:

View attachment 39458
There is one teeny weeny problem.

There is an elephant, a giraffe, a lion, a leopard, an antelope, an owl, a crocodile, a tortoise and a really cool mongoose.

But the bear is not a true pilgrim.

He has no credencial.

This is a bit worrying.

I think he might be from the camino police.

:eek::eek:

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
This should be made into a patch to be sewn on our packs. This would identify all of us in the "NOT a serious thread" club.
That was my first thought too - it's wonderful.
On the other hand, if we're genuine club members (as opposed to closet ones who are only not serious in anonymous forum space), no-one will need a patch to identify us. Just follow the laughter and look for whoever is wearing the red socks.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
On the other hand, if we're genuine club members (as opposed to closet ones who are only not serious in anonymous forum space), no-one will need a patch to identify us. Just follow the laughter and look for whoever is wearing the red socks.
You are right of course -it was only a little leisure time thing (there goes my billion-dollar business opportunity) :eek: I think I will make one for my own backpack though, it could be a nice little conversation-thing.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
We will be , the anonymus Not So Seriously Red Socks. :cool:
You are right of course -it was only a little leisure time thing (there goes my billion-dollar business opportunity) :eek: I think I will make one for my own backpack though, it could be a nice little conversation-thing.
I don't want to be anonymous.

Seriously if you make patch I want one. Make your billions.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
I think I will make one for my own backpack though, it could be a nice little conversation-thing.
@stgcph , please, can you forgive me for being pedantic? It's just that if you do make that patch, there is one teeny-tiny thing to change : "Red socks rock." (no 's' at the end of rock).

(Ducks, runs, and hides...that comment is well-meant, but way too serious. Back to red socks. And @stgcph 's totally fantastic patch. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in a bar someplace to hear how to explain all that to uninitiated - and way too serious - fellow pilgrims...hee heee heeeeee.)

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I don't want to be anonymous.

Seriously if you make patch I want one. Make your billions.
My thoughts exactly! He can post a picture of a first attempt of the finished product as it will determine what we are willing to pay. ;)

Camino(s) past & future
it is brilliant. Go on, and I will buy one. But only if it includes my artwork. I am not in the huff, Camino Chris. Seriously, on an unserious thread, you have created something truly amazing, stgcph. Congratulations!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
please, can you forgive me for being pedantic? It's just that if you do make that patch, there is one teeny-tiny thing to change : "Red socks rock." (no 's' at the end of rock).
I am in no way perfect in English grammar, but that one I knew. The dilemma was did I want to make it grammatically correct or should it rime? Allow me a little artistic freedom here :p

I am just going to print it, laminate it and stick it on my backpack with a safety pin (that way it can also be quickly removed if it stirs too many odd questions)

Feel free to do the same.

SabineP

Camino(s) past & future
@stgcph : I will place my order..watch your inbox.
This thread is btw an excellent immuneboost for my cold and cough...The smiles don't make them go away but I feel less lousy at least...:D

I'm also looking forward explaining the badge when on a Camino in Spain :cool: Must dust off some lessser used vocabulary to get it all explained...
Do you think it gets us a discount on the Alsa buses...?:cool:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
This thread is btw an excellent immuneboost for my cold and cough...The smiles don't make them go away but I feel less lousy at least...:D

I'm also looking forward explaining the badge when on a Camino in Spain :cool: Must dust off some lessser used vocabulary to get it all explained...
Gesundheit! I assume the weather in Belgium is just about as cold and lousy as here in Denmark. We need some good laughs and light chatting to withstand it. Gracias a Dios for this thread :)

I have visited Belgium many times (around Spa) and had some good times there - in summer though :)

Camino(s) past & future

I agree. It is such a delight to see the creativity and craziness... what?Me? Crazy? Actually, crazy paving is very attractive. Somebody, somewhere, could print the badge on a tshirt... no, don’t pressurise stgcph, if he is happy minding his own business instead of making a fortune...

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
Allow me a little artistic freedom here :p
Of course!
Now I get it. Sorrrryyyyy!

No, they assume we are bringing our elephant.
But the zoo? That's another story. All elephants welcome, and as a human, your patch is a sign of solidarity with all beings. So the welcome will be very warm.

May all of you in Northern Europe be warm and dry....and...spring is coming soooooonnnnn!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
May all of you in Northern Europe be warm and dry....and...spring is coming soooooonnnnn![/QUOTE]

Hey, you didn't wish we Southern Californians the same.

It has been in the fifties and forties at night. Daytime highs have been chilly from time to time: as cold as 59 degrees, burr!

And, just the other day Los Angeles had at least a quarter of an inch of rain. I turned my windshield wipers on for 15 of the 45 minutes I was driving.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)

It has been in the fifties and forties at night. Daytime highs have been chilly from time to time: as cold as 59 degrees, burr!

And, just the other day Los Angeles had at least a quarter of an inch of rain. I turned my windshield wipers on for 15 of the 45 minutes I was driving.
:eek::oops:
Oh, dear me...I didn't know.
May there be comfort without exception.
(Edit: And for all my chilly friends in colder and greyer climes, I am posting some color for you on the "Where did you walk locally" thread...)

Cripes! Now we're discussing FLIES?!
But of course! They have legs for red socks too, just like us, just a few more.
They even have more legs than elephants.
And then there are spiders. But some folks get squeamish about all those eyes and legs, so I'll stop.

by the way, any advance on 27 in a quorum?
A quorum of strangers should probably be determined per pes rubis, not per capita.
@Kanga, you have the legal mind (and the corner on red socks). What do you think?

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
:eek::oops:
Oh, dear me...I didn't know.
May there be comfort without exception.
(Edit: And for all my chilly friends in colder and greyer climes, I am posting some color for you on the "Where did you walk locally" thread...)

But of course! They have legs for red socks too, just like us, just a few more.
They even have more legs than elephants.
And then there are spiders. But some folks get squeamish about all those eyes and legs, so I'll stop.

A quorum of strangers should probably be determined per pes rubis, not per capita.
@Kanga, you have the legal mind (and the corner on red socks). What do you think?
Vnwalking, you have to help me. What do you mean? I HUMBLY confess my ignorance, per pes rubís. Perhaps I know, but I need to be shown! I am reminded of something that caught my fancy 40 years ago:
And look! All the time you were inside of me at the middle
And I was outside of myself, on the margin.
You were with me, and I was not with you (and hence, not with myself}
And I was going all to pieces in the beautiful things you yourself had made.
Author lost in the mists of time.....
So, my guess: in the per capita context, perhaps it is per leg!!! Does that bring this back into the true vein of the thread?

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
Vnwalking, you have to help me. What do you mean? I HUMBLY confess my ignorance, per pes rubís. Perhaps I know, but I need to be shown! I am reminded of something that caught my fancy 40 years ago:
And look! All the time you were inside of me at the middle
And I was outside of myself, on the margin.
You were with me, and I was not with you (and hence, not with myself}
And I was going all to pieces in the beautiful things you yourself had made.
Author lost in the mists of time.....
So, my guess: in the per capita context, perhaps it is per leg!!! Does that bring this back into the true vein of the thread?
Yes, you are right: it would be 'per red foot'...
In that context, the right color socks are necessary, no matter how many legs or how big the socks are.
Elephants, flies, people. All equal. Each red foot counts.
(And oops. My mistake, me culpa; no wonder you are confused: it should be rubrum.)

Wiebmer

Ning Wiebmer
Camino(s) past & future
2015 Frances, 500 miles. 2016 Via Francigena, 200 miles. 2018 Frances Burgos to Sarria.
What really has me worried is that after you decided whether to fleece or not to fleece, and you finally got the right shoes and you MADE it, well then you return to the abyss of everyday life. And need even more counseling.

Somehow that just doesn't seem fair.
I LOVE that phrase “the abyss of everyday life”...

So one Camino goal could be to make everyday life LESS abyss-like.

Hmmmm...something to ponder.

Duayne Meyer

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, April, 2016
Frances: SJPP to Ponferrada April & October, 2017
Chemin du Puy April, 2018
Duayne, no we saw this gentlemen on a few days while on the Portuguese Camino this year. He was a total bull. Huffing like a steam engine on the hills, but at a good pace. I would guess his pack weight was in excess of 50 lbs.
Wow! That’s a lot of determination, to be sure. Bless him and his fortitude.

Camino(s) past & future
Don’t be so coy - give us a clue how you did it! I award you a patent first, so nobody can steal your idea.
F81BCDB5-1272-4891-BF1D-C704C33108E5.jpeg

SabineP

Camino(s) past & future

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
Btw now we will have to look seriously into the European patent laws...
Decisions..decisions....
This sounds way too serious.
Besides, which is more fun to talk about? Elephants with red socks hiding in cherry trees, or patent law? Hmmmmm.Let me think about it and get back to you. :rolleyes:

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
May all of you in Northern Europe be warm and dry....and...spring is coming soooooonnnnn!

And, just the other day Los Angeles had at least a quarter of an inch of rain. I turned my windshield wipers on for 15 of the 45 minutes I was driving.[/QUOTE]
How did you handle that bad weather .? :eek:

I hope the weather is getting better .;)

SabineP

Camino(s) past & future

I hope the weather is getting better .;)[/QUOTE]

@Peter Fransiscus
I just remembered the animal stories from Toon Tellegen.
This beautiful one about a giraffe and a snail ....

http://www.dbnl.org/tekst/tell003lang01_01/tell003lang01_01_0018.php

Sorry guys outside of the Low Lands, don't think Tellegen's books are translated ( yet ) but he writes lovely short stories about animals ( and their human qualities ). For the little ones it is merely a lovely bedtime story but for the adults every story contains a life lesson. Ah seems he is translated!

http://blogs.publishersweekly.com/blogs/shelftalker/?p=486

Or where an elephant dances with a hedgehog and a giraffe holds a teaparty for an ant...
Pretty sure they would feel at home in this thread...

EDIT : wish I could everyone here on this thread give the book as a present...!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That makes me proud! Excuze my speling, my eyes is blurrred with tears of emosion.

As for the production, very easy. 20 minutes fiddling around in Word using standard figures and a little WordArt.
You shouldn't be sharing all your secrets as some one will surely try to steal your patent!

Camino(s) past & future

I hope the weather is getting better .;)

@Peter Fransiscus
I just remembered the animal stories from Toon Tellegen.
This beautiful one about a giraffe and a snail ....

http://www.dbnl.org/tekst/tell003lang01_01/tell003lang01_01_0018.php

Sorry guys outside of the Low Lands, don't think Tellegen's books are translated ( yet ) but he writes lovely short stories about animals ( and their human qualities ). For the little ones it is merely a lovely bedtime story but for the adults every story contains a life lesson. Ah seems he is translated!

http://blogs.publishersweekly.com/blogs/shelftalker/?p=486

Or where an elephant dances with a hedgehog and a giraffe holds a teaparty for an ant...
Pretty sure they would feel at home in this thread...

EDIT : wish I could everyone here on this thread give the book as a present...![/QUOTE]

He has a lovely face but it didn't come over with the rest of the entry. I will look in a bookshop in town, as I would like to see the illustrations. Thanks for the link.
Toon Tellegen

Toon Tellegen (b. 1941), a GP by profession, became famous primarily for his poetic, philosophical animal stories about Squirrel, Ant, Mole, Hedgehog and the other animals, who are carefully trying to find their way in an incomprehensible world. However, his extensive oeuvre also includes fairytales, children’s books and poetry and prose for adults. Tellegen began his writing career as a poet. In 1984 he published Er ging geen dag voorbij (Not a Day Went By), his first collection of animal stories for children. Four more collections were to follow and all these stories were then collected in Misschien wisten zij alles (Perhaps They Knew Everything, 1995). Two of Tellegen’s books feature the elephant as the main character: in Jannes (1993), an elephant leads the protected life of a young child in a world in which every being wears a trunk. In Teunis (1996), on the other hand, the main character is the only elephant in a world of human beings, which results in the humorous description of the struggle of someone who is ‘different’. Besides his animal stories, Tellegen also created Juffrouw Kachel (Miss Stove, 1991), the terror of all schoolchildren, and Mijn vader (My Father, 1994), a loving portrait of the world’s most amazing father. It is no surprise that he has won both the Theo Thijssen Prize (an oeuvre award for writers of books for children and young adults) and the Constantijn Huygens Prize for his entire oeuvre

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
I also took up knitting recently
They can't. It is registered. By me. For 999 years.
Ok – here’s the deal: @SabineP is into knitting, so she knits a couple of thousands badges (can’t take more than a few weeks I suspect). I distribute them at $100 apiece. @SabineP gets 2% of the revenue (I am not cheap) to be shared with @kirkie, who holds the registration, and everybody gets a badge. That’s what I call a win-win-win!!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ok – here’s the deal: @SabineP is into knitting, so she knits a couple of thousands badges (can’t take more than a few weeks I suspect). I distribute them at $100 apiece. @SabineP gets 2% of the revenue (I am not cheap) to be shared with @kirkie, who holds the registration, and everybody gets a badge. That’s what I call a win-win-win!!

How is that a win-win? You have at least add Peter and me on the money making. We two will be beyond the forum town criers. I will tour USA and Peter Europe hawking badges. Proceeds split at least four ways!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sorry, no need for sellers. Those first 2000-5000 badges will sell themselves so fast it'll make your head spin :cool:
Hey, I'm being left out of the negotiations and I'm not paying more than $30 for a badge no matter how awesome they are! ;)
Oh my goodness! Filthy lucre is about to derail this thread! Stop the bus! Time for a bedtime story, where we humans listen to the wisdom of the animals... why is Bram Stoker’s name coming to mind???
LMAO so hard I can barely type.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Oh my goodness! Filthy lucre is about to derail this thread! Stop the bus! Time for a bedtime story, where we humans listen to the wisdom of the animals... why is Bram Stoker’s name coming to mind???
You are so right! Let’s stop this pathetic profit hunting! (Anyway, good business like this should be kept secret – PM me for opportunities).

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
:D:D:D
And the models who posed for that image?
The badge would be nothing without them.
A heartfelt plea for some space for all those without a voice - they need red socks too: ElephantGiraffeBearOwlMongooseBunny... and all the rest.

SabineP

Camino(s) past & future
You are so right! Let’s stop this pathetic profit hunting! (Anyway, good business like this should be kept secret – PM me for opportunities).
Good idea!! Before we know it we have a Board of Directors and name tags. And then we really became TOO serious for our own good!!!
And we can't come to work anymore in our old walkingtrousers and worn out fleeces :cool::D
There will be a dresscode :p

Last edited:

FamPed

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
@stgcph I love your badge, and I would be proud to put it on my pack. :)

I am just going to print it, laminate it and stick it on my backpack with a safety pin (that way it can also be quickly removed if it stirs too many odd questions)
Feel free to do the same.
It´s just awsome, thank´s!
Can you please consider to make a wowen badge with velcro on back? Why? Because in the evenings I would like to put it on my jacket or my around-town-bag. :) So when a lonely or lost elephant or mouse or giraffe can recognise a friend that they can accompany or go to for help. And so you can recognise me next time I take a stroll around Copenhagen. ;)

FamPed

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
Edit: Wrong post.. New post #86

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
a
Can you please consider to make a wowen badge with velcro on back? Why? Because in the evenings I would like to put it on my jacket or my around-town-bag.
Why don’t you just purchase a handful or two? At $100 each it’s a true steal! (Oops! Back to the profit theme, sorry).

And so you can recognise me next time I take a stroll around Copenhagen.
That would be a pleasant surprise. And don’t worry about looking too weird wearing the badge in this city. People will just think you belong here :D

FamPed

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
That would be a pleasant surprise. And don’t worry about looking too weird wearing the badge in this city. People will just think you belong here :D
Love your city, next time I would like to see some of the new architecture. Maybe a guided tour? :)

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese.
It is Scientifically Proven that bed-bugs like red socks. I thought that was obvious. They are the uninvited part of the menagerie.

Actually, there is a bit of science to support my conclusion. Here.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Good idea!! Before we know it we have a Board of Directors and name tags. And then we really became TOO serious for our own good!!!
And we can't come to work anymore in our old walkingtrousers and worn out fleeces :cool::D
There will be a dresscode :p
True story: I'm at a briefing for new hires at my first professional job at a Fortune 500 company. We are told that the place is informal. An engineer says "Yeah, I decided this place was for me when during interviews I met a vice-president walking down the halls barefoot."

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 253 25.0%