A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

NOT a serious thread 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Eight thousand posts! Time to celebrate: Splice the mainbrace!

(An order given aboard naval vessels to issue the crew with an alcoholic drink. Originally an order for one of the most difficult emergency repair jobs aboard a sailing ship, it became a euphemism for authorized celebratory drinking afterward, and then the name of an order to grant the crew an extra ration of rum or grog).

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Eight thousand posts! Time to celebrate: Splice the mainbrace!

(An order given aboard naval vessels to issue the crew with an alcoholic drink. Originally an order for one of the most difficult emergency repair jobs aboard a sailing ship, it became a euphemism for authorized celebratory drinking afterward, and then the name of an order to grant the crew an extra ration of rum or grog).
...and my grandpa never touched a drop of alcohol after his time in the first world war, when he was given rum. It did not do him any good, so the story goes.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
The freeze-frame image of the elephant lying down is not so enticing. But the video is seriously sweet. It's playing like a puppy. Awwwwwww.....:):):)
Then we must have elephants in the USA, but I've never seen one yet. :D
Go to Tennessee. :)
Congrats @SabineP to #8000!
Splice the mainbrace!
@FamPed - What is that seriously delicious-looking dessert?! Yum!
And it is a 'red-letter day!" I have learned two things on this thread today. First is that winners can come in several colors...and... "splice the mainbrace?" Brilliant. I love having a new idiom up my sleeve. Thanks @stgcph !
Time to party.
Capture.PNG

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I only had French sparkling water today..can you imagine....:eek:
But the night is still young.....:p
This is one reason I love this thread.

For you the night has begun.

I: the day is just beginning.

Good times in your time to all!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Reading bits and pieces, and found @yaying picture of her future camino t-shirt.
I love this! Thank you Yaying for being so creative! ❤ Ps! Don´t forget to check in for orders from all of us if you go through with this idea! ;)

View attachment 49880
Yes, this original post by Yaying is a beauty! Lots of time and effort involved shows how much she cares about all of us on this thread...seriously.👭👫

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
Reading bits and pieces, and found @yaying picture of her future camino t-shirt.
I love this! Thank you Yaying for being so creative! ❤ Ps! Don´t forget to check in for orders from all of us if you go through with this idea! ;)

View attachment 49880
thank you for liking it...
I wont & will never forget each one of you and those who will newly join too.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
what is that mean?
"Tortuga" is Spanish for turtle.
@stgcph has a turtle avatar, and under his name he says he is a "Camino Tortuga". It's easier for me to spell out the word "Tortuga" than remember all those crazy letters he uses for his forum name. ☺

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
"Tortuga" is Spanish for turtle.
@stgcph has a turtle avatar, and under his name he says he is a "Camino Tortuga". It's easier for me to spell out the word "Tortuga" than remember all those crazy letters he uses for his forum name. ☺
now i know i read it also earlier somewhere over the very nice rainbow...

wishing u a very good camino dream.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Yes, I like it! Thanks @yaying - wish I could change my forum-name, nobody seems to like the one I have :rolleyes:
don't worry. If you changed it, I wouldn't know what to type. I know it backwards: stgcph, funny how needs must with some things. Take it in two lots, folks: the first three and the second three. See? Easy peasy: stgcph. Maybe think: Sterling and Camino Portuges, ha!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
don't worry. If you changed it, I wouldn't know what to type. I know it backwards: stgcph, funny how needs must with some things. Take it in two lots, folks: the first three and the second three. See? Easy peasy: stgcph. Maybe think: Sterling and Camino Portuges, ha!
I'm sticking with Tortuga...and he'd better not change his avatar again! 😩

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No sweat! I like turga!

But I think I will stay the same ole Tortuga anyway :p

View attachment 49926
Love this new photo of you!...but what's with the red shorts? Did you sew a pair of red socks together to make them? We'll have to take a vote to see if you still qualify to keep your membership. :p

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese.
Just letting everyone know - as we hurtle towards the end of the year in our red socks, dragging along our pet elephants, casting aside our inhibitions - I intend to close this thread at the end of the year. If @ivar does not get there before me and close it sooner.

Hence the change in the title.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Some of us on this thread are participating in a quiz that will be finished after Christmas. I hope you are able to wait until after it's over before you close it down.

Can a new one be started for 2019? Many of us have had so much fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 126 15.4%
  • May

Votes: 198 24.2%