A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

NOT a serious thread 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Just letting everyone know - as we hurtle towards the end of the year in our red socks, dragging along our pet elephants, casting aside our inhibitions - I intend to close this thread at the end of the year. If @ivar does not get there before me and close it sooner.

Hence the change in the title.
One of us has to begin with the 2019 Thread
The question is who .

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Just saying thanks.

If we are shut down I wish to thank each and every person who has contributed to this thread.

I have had so many full plates on my hands this past year.

Checking in here has kept me from dropping said plates, complaining about weight of plates, et certera.

Love you all.

Wanted te express thoughts while I still can.

Buen camino.

❤️🎄😘🎅👣👠🎒🧣🐸🐷🦖🦕🐢🐢🐢🌲🐾🌹🍒🍒🍒🐘🍟❤️🇺🇸

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Just saying thanks.

If we are shut down I wish to thank each and every person who has contributed to this thread.

I have had so many full plates on my hands this past year.

Checking in here has kept me from dropping said plates, complaining about weight of plates, et certera.

Love you all.

Wanted te express thoughts while I still can.

Buen camino.

❤️🎄😘🎅👣👠🎒🧣🐸🐷🦖🦕🐢🐢🐢🌲🐾🌹🍒🍒🍒🐘🍟❤️🇺🇸
Same.
Thank you everyone, for your good hearts and for always bringing a smile.
@domigee , please feel completely free to start another thread when this one is locked.
(And I would be sad if this thread gets shut down before we can all thank each other for the place of respite from what seems sometimes to be an insane world.
So thanks to the mods for your forbearance.:oops:;))

Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
Last year i posted A christmas online pilgrimage as my way to wish all the forum members a merry christmas. Why do I tell you all that? Well, I feel this NOT a serious thread really is a online pilgrimage! We all hang out here together in our virtual albergue. We all have our reason for why, when and how long at a time. But we walk our km up and down these pages, just as walking a camino. You are all my fellow pelegrino/pelegrina and togheter you all make my journey so much richer. This is my home away from home! I am happy to have met all of you friends here. 💕 Merry Christmas to you all! 🤶🎅

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Last year i posted A christmas online pilgrimage as my way to wish all the forum members a merry christmas. Why do I tell you all that? Well, I feel this NOT a serious thread really is a online pilgrimage! We all hang out here together in our virtual albergue. We all have our reason for why, when and how long at a time. But we walk our km up and down these pages, just as walking a camino. You are all my fellow pelegrino/pelegrina and togheter you all make my journey so much richer. This is my home away from home! I am happy to have met all of you friends here. 💕 Merry Christmas to you all! 🤶🎅
That’s all it is...a metaphor! Such fun in its joyous, surreal, funny,witty, friendly unseriousness!
🤗

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
This is indeed sad news and casts a shadow over the coming Holiday season.

This thread has been a demonstration that we can have fun and make fun of each other –and ourselves- across geographical and cultural borders in a peaceful and loving manner.

I will also add my thanks to the whole not-serious family for many good laughs and warm feelings.

Merry Christmas,
Turga

So sad ... in this Advent time of human warmth and light and sharing ..

Thank you all ❤️
On our ongoing caminos of the spirit, the heart, our lives, we meet in this warm, friendly, welcoming virtual albuerge ...
Sometimes the day’s walk has been hard, sometimes we have have been blessed and have laughter and happiness to share ... insights, perhaps, that are lightly drawn and offered to others, through music, humour, creativity .. where we can sit aound a generously sized table and share what we have brought to our communal ‘Agape supper’. As in life, we are from so many different lands, cultures, beliefs... and we are enlivened by this opportunity to learn and share.

Stop Press!!!

As usual my deathly-slow one finger typing means I am way behind recent developments...

Perhaps we should be thanking Kanga for her original post .... and its ‘missing bits’ ... no offence @Kanga ... seriously 😉

It drew out so many lovely posts ⭐️

It took me so damn long to type this ... 🙄 ... it’s getting posted anyway .... 😈😉

Happy Advent everyone ... ⭐️⭐️⭐️

candles.gif

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
WOA hang on - I did not mean we have to say goodbye to nonsense forever. But if you want to keep it going - start a new thread in 2019. It already takes half an hour to scroll through the thread - we can't have the same one go on forever.
Happy days are here again, let us sing the song of cheer again!

💕 @Kanga for not breaking our 💕!

Wipe your 😢 my friends! The holiday season has indeed begun! 🌟✨🥂
Oh yes it has.

The “Little Drummer Boy” song is working its magic. The earlier in the year I hear the song, the better I feel my Christmas will be. I heard it during summertime.

Shame though I was going for 10, 001.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
The calculator on my computer just converted kilos to pounds. And it also told me I weigh 0.02 elephants.
Elephants (plural!) You weigh 2% of how many elephants? And are they African bulls or Indian babies?

Anyway, I checked my equivalent and you all better hope I have a long life because it may happen that I disappear in a burst of energy equal to that in about 7,500 megaton atom bombs.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Shame though I was going for 10, 001.
You go. Don't let us stop you.;)
I checked my equivalent and you all better hope I have a long life because it may happen that I disappear in a burst of energy equal to that in about 7,500 megaton atom bombs.
How'd you figure that out, hot shot?
I only get soccer balls, elephants, or whales. And fortunately it says I have no equivalence to whales. Or atom bombs.

Camino(s) past & future
Google does not know all. They are now putting up siding on the new house next door and I took a picture of it to show the color to friends. Google Photos stylized the picture for me in gray scale.
Yay!

You’ve got elephants next door.

Any cherry trees around?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
WOA hang on - I did not mean we have to say goodbye to nonsense forever. But if you want to keep it going - start a new thread in 2019. It already takes half an hour to scroll through the thread - we can't have the same one go on forever.
Yippee! So you weren't wanting to shut us down...forever? Good, no...great news! 🙌🙆

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Reading all the latest posts that came through just now brought tears to my eyes...seriously. My sentiments are the same as all you wonderful virtual pilgrims (club members) have shared....Then I finally saw Kanga's new post and kicked up my heels (figuratively speaking) in joy! A wonderful Christmas gift to all of us here!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Yay!

You’ve got elephants next door.

Any cherry trees around?
They're not there yet but there's a two elephant garage and the attic will have room for them and their friends to play.

Only a dogwood remains in the yard. Peg pleaded that it remain.

Wow, Rick. You better hope not.
Gray siding with gianormous red dots?
They're building a Target store.
Target. Yeah. Good idea. If I feel the giant flash of extinction coming my way I may have time to walk over to ground zero first.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Rick has become a Walrus. :D
Yes.
I am he
as you are he
as you are me
and we are all together.

A bit creepy but brilliant new Avatar , Rick .🙂👍
Thank you. It's the same concept as before but that was a cropped photo of a camino sign. I wanted a logo version. I learned a bunch of new image editing techniques with gimp and finally managed to put it all together this afternoon.

PS: I discovered a math step I left off. I "weigh" only a quarter of the tonnage I thought I did.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
And after all that, returning to not- seriousness.....

The calculator on my computer just converted kilos to pounds. And it also told me I weigh 0.02 elephants.
It's probably the first time I've genuinely giggled about what the scale says.
View attachment 49964
never mind the lyrics, just join in the laughter

Camino(s) past & future
Giddy. That would best describe me at this moment. A helter-skelter of a day, on many levels. And then I come home to see all the fun since the morning, including a parrot ordering something on Amazon... I couldn't read it as I don't feel like registering. And then vnwalking giving me a great belly laugh, Rick's new avatar, and Peter's dry response, and the Tarzan store, the centiphant and ... and then I had a look at some of the titles of other threads. They should all be here! Seriously unseriously! I did start by saying I was giddy. So now, folks, time to calm down and think quiet peaceful thoughts. Like, how on earth are we going to manage to get the number of replies in before the deadline???

Giddy. That would best describe me at this moment. A helter-skelter of a day, on many levels. And then I come home to see all the fun since the morning, including a parrot ordering something on Amazon... I couldn't read it as I don't feel like registering. And then vnwalking giving me a great belly laugh, Rick's new avatar, and Peter's dry response, and the Tarzan store, the centiphant and ... and then I had a look at some of the titles of other threads. They should all be here! Seriously unseriously! I did start by saying I was giddy. So now, folks, time to calm down and think quiet peaceful thoughts. Like, how on earth are we going to manage to get the number of replies in before the deadline???
Without causing a multiple-pile-up-type crash on the whole site ???

😳😨😱

@kirkie

I read the article in ‘hard copy’ .... a real newspaper .... 🤭

Edit: other newspapers are available ... thankfully 😉

I’ll look for a link to an article that doesn’t require registration ... I wouldn’t register either ...
My post was a genuine request for help in finding an accessible video ... or even an article ... on any site that doesn’t require lifetime rights to our every thought/purchase/‘movement’ etc ...

This might work ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/parrot-alexa-amazon-shopping_us_5c159050e4b05d7e5d8290ee

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
@kirkie

I read the article in ‘hard copy’ .... a real newspaper .... 🤭

I’ll look for a link to an article that doesn’t require registration ... I wouldn’t register either ...

My post was a genuine request for help in finding an accessible video ... or even an article ... on any site that doesn’t require lifetime rights to our every thought/purchase/‘movement’ etc ...

This might work ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/parrot-alexa-amazon-shopping_us_5c159050e4b05d7e5d8290ee
Got it, thanks. Alexa knows what side her bread is buttered on.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
You're cheating? And I thought all you "not serious" types were "honest beyond means".

Two christmas clementines for the origins of that concept.
No; we are not cheating. I was just showing how we could cheat if we were not honest. Just to show you how honest I am we are we'll help you with your WITCH HUNT. See, here's one:
Screenshot_20181216-174353.png
NO COLLUSION!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
25 miles/40kms from Boston (by road) ... I found a good place to start looking .... 😉
I don't need to look far. I live in a town founded by ancestors. A sister-in-law of one, a town resident, died in jail awaiting trial for witchcraft. The brother of another was a magistrate critical of the Salem witch trials of the 1690s.

Camino(s) past & future
And I began to hear this voice in my ear: toe the line, toe the line. We have no funds to prove our innocence. And then (I do love breaking some rules, like beginning a sentence with And) I found this, so having a grasshopper’s attention span... which are you? And knowing that, what difference will that make from now on to your attitude to red socks?
DB93CE5D-1BF4-4E39-84C6-665E40D735F9.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
I don't need to look far. I live in a town founded by ancestors. A sister-in-law of one, a town resident, died in jail awaiting trial for witchcraft. The brother of another was a magistrate critical of the Salem witch trials of the 1690s.
Did any attend Hogwarts?

BTW Hogwarts is in Spain on CF right out of El Acebo. I saw the owl on the fence post.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
And I began to hear this voice in my ear: toe the line, toe the line. We have no funds to prove our innocence. And then (I do love breaking some rules, like beginning a sentence with And) I found this, so having a grasshopper’s attention span... which are you? And knowing that, what difference will that make from now on to your attitude to red socks?
View attachment 49977
I must be Greek. And sometimes it seems so appropriate and just feels right to start a sentence with the word 'And'... especially on this forum! 😉

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
A bit creepy but brilliant new Avatar , Rick .🙂👍
I'm confused.:oops: Isn't Rick's new avatar exactly the same as before except he changed his background from dark green to blue?...This is called editing skills? :D

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
And knowing that, what difference will that make from now on to your attitude to red socks?
Well, no. Because I'm none of the above. Sadly not a Hobbit either.:confused:
And about And/But/Well...Hahaha!
So I will be an unrepentant devil's advocate.;)
And what's wrong with starting a sentence with 'And?' Pshaw. So long as it's capitalized - and I don't mean moneyed. Because none of us have any - we spent it on the Camino.
I'm confused.:oops: Isn't Rick's new avatar exactly the same as before except he changed his background from dark green to blue?
Googly eyes, Chris. Have a closer look.;) And think this:
Capture.PNG

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Well, no. Because I'm none of the above. Sadly not a Hobbit either.:confused:
And about And/But/Well...Hahaha!
So I will be an unrepentant devil's advocate.;)
And what's wrong with starting a sentence with 'And?' Pshaw. So long as it's capitalized - and I don't mean moneyed. Because none of us have any - we spent it on the Camino.
Googly eyes, Chris. Have a closer look.;) And think this:
View attachment 49983
Or could it be this....

6699EC18-D4A7-487B-AD48-620B1D753986.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Witch Hunt , Seriously.
Ah, no, Peter! the spirit of Christmas and all that...
Deck the halls with poison ivy, tra la la la la la la la
Helplessly giggling. You win today, @kirkie.

And if you're hunting witches, I'm fine with being found.
Not that I'm actually a witch, but I'm sure that a few hundred years ago I'd have been toast anyway.
Non-conformity is dangerous.
And the less I conform the more I like it.
;)

Helplessly giggling. You win today, @kirkie.

And if you're hunting witches, I'm fine with being found.
Not that I'm actually a witch, but I'm sure that a few hundred years ago I'd have been toast anyway.
Non-conformity is dangerous.
And the less I conform the more I like it.
;)

Love this post!!! 😄 ❤️

We have two winners ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 126 15.4%
  • May

Votes: 199 24.3%