A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Thank you @domigee for starting us on a year (plus) of silliness, fun and joy.

It all started here on November 15, 2017 with this post:

But hey! So many threads...
About people starting on a first Camino, about people thinking which Camino next? About which/how many different Caminos you can possibly combine...
And should you do it on your own or with a tour?
Which one is best?
And what should you take ? A fleece, no fleece? A sleeping bag, three sleeping bags???
I feel like I am like an alcohol addict in a wine shop!!!
D'you think I may be in the wrong forum?
I shouldn't be here!!! :D:D:D;)
Now it is time to start again for the new year.

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.

Happy days are here again.

Let us sing the song of cheer again.

Happy days are here again!

Thanks @domigee!

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Thanks for taking the initiative.

Not sure what to think of this new, fancy thing though… Feels strange, like new walking shoes –will take some getting used to. And the good, old thread hasn’t even gone cold yet…o_O
And for a brief moment in time we have two NOT serious threads going.
I'm going to bed...but I can well imagine the melee when you all make the most of it.
:p
Carpe diem.:cool:

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I have got a question. If all beds are taken in an albergue is it allowed to hang a hammock between two upper beds? I'm looking forward to answers
A group of pilgrims one night where I stayed did that with ropes to hang their clothing to dry. The hospitalero was NOT happy and told them to remove it immediately, so probably not too much hope for you with a hammock!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Oh, people, off to a great start! And I was totally confused and posted a message on the wrong thread! Can’t remember which one now...but it had to do with elephants. Cos if there is no mention of elephants, you need to check in with stgcph to find out what category the message needs to be relegated to. And I am woozy eyed trying to ‘teach’ a friend how to use zoom. She got it. Only an hour and a half. She is 81. Is that irrelephant?

Camino(s) past & future
Zoom? What zoom? ...On a camera? 📷
Or did you teach her how to drive a car really, really fast? 🚘
Zoom is an alternative to Skype and seems to be flavour of the month with some people in my world so we have to get the
hang of it.. but just to keep us on thread...
Elephants In Japan on Twitter: "Getting the hang of 40,000 muscles does take time! #elephantsrock…
Screenshot 2018-12-31 at 22.24.08.png

Camino(s) past & future
Hi folks. daylight is creeping along past the window as I sit in safety. Ozy is minding the crib. Well, the one he is in charge of. He has his senses on the alert though, as he heard there are three guys on the way (small w) bearing gifts.
2E6725D8-C48D-406F-8529-778B9DFFFE32.jpeg
Someone put up a poster, so on his break he (Ozy) got up to date with the latest. He doesn’t do fb or twitter or even Zoom. He was a bit surprised though when he saw his cousin’s selfie... on the forum. He shares my subscription.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Hi folks. daylight is creeping along past the window as I sit in safety. Ozy is minding the crib. Well, the one he is in charge of. He has his senses on the alert though, as he heard there are three guys on the way (small w) bearing gifts.
View attachment 50314
Someone put up a poster, so on his break he (Ozy) got up to date with the latest. He doesn’t do fb or twitter or even Zoom. He was a bit surprised though when he saw his cousin’s selfie... on the forum. He shares my subscription.
Ozy and I have 3 things in common...no FB, twitter, or zoom, and probably a 4th, no instagram. 😊😄

Camino(s) past & future
Happy Tuesday??? Did I mis something?😉
No Peter> long story, with no sense behind it! It just became a closing greeting, or an opening one, many years ago. Maybe connected with the line from a film: If it’s Tuesday it must be New York... Lost in the mists of time. Happy whatever day! Off now for physio, and fingers crossed, the injection in my knee seems to be working as i am not limping for the first time in months...

Camino(s) past & future
I have got a question. If all beds are taken in an albergue is it allowed to hang a hammock between two upper beds? I'm looking forward to answers
Antonius, did you get an answer that you liked? I am trying to imagine the scene. With this one, all you need to carry extra are the hooks and the hammer and the screwdriver and the brass neck...

Attachments

Peter Fransiscus

Be proud of who you are.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
How do you catch an elephant?

You need a pair of binoculars, a milk bottle and some tweezers.

You look at the elephants through the wrong end of the binoculars, pick them up with the tweezers, and drop them into the milk bottles.

Have a nice Saturday or wathever day your comfortable with .🙂🙂😉

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
it reminds me of my exboss photo.
someday ill be there hehehe
I have been in your country a couple of times; last time two years ago on the island of Siquijor (among other sites) and you know what? I almost fell off my rented scooter when suddenly I passed by a small dirt road named H.C. Andersens Boulevard!

HC Andersens BLVD Siquijor.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I don't get it, Bristle boy. I thought a grommet was a type of snap. I even googled the word and get no 2nd definition...confused.:oops:
I don't believe this. Were you brought up in a chicken run?

You need to Google for a specific type of grommet, a Wallace grommet, used by doctors to repair broken funny bones.

Last edited:

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
I don't get it, Bristle boy. I thought a grommet was a type of snap. I even googled the word and get no 2nd definition...confused.:oops:
That’s because I can’t spell! (Supposed to be Gromit)...it’s part of the Wallace and Gromit series of animated films (Chicken Run/The wrong trousers etc)...

Just for you CC

J

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That’s because I can’t spell! (Supposed to be Gromit)...it’s part of the Wallace and Gromit series of animated films (Chicken Run/The wrong trousers etc)...

Just for you CC

J
Ohhh, I googled and found it! Still had never heard of the series..."Snap", the jokes on me! 😄

Marcus-UK

Old Git
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Ingles (2016) Camino Portuguese (2017) Considering Invierno 2019

A little while ago I suffered a heart attack and woke up in hospital with an Irish nun looking down at me. Feeling rather poorly I brightened up and almost cheered when I remembered I had done a Camino in a holy year. At least I would get 50% remission if things took a turn for the worse:-}
The Nun disabused me of this notion!
I will now be doing another Camino for penance:-{
Is there something Genetically inherited in the Irish Diaspora that make Irish Nuns such a terrible spectre and 10 times worse than finding the banshee sitting on your headboard?

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 172 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 278 24.4%