A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
FYI, I want to let you...my "Not" friends, know that I am on vacation for two weeks. Hopefully I will be able to participate some most days as long as I have wifi available at the various locations I will be staying...I don't want to miss out on all the fun! 😛

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
FYI, I want to let you...my "Not" friends, know that I am on vacation for two weeks. Hopefully I will be able to participate some most days as long as I have wifi available at the various locations I will be staying...I don't want to miss out on all the fun! 😛
May the pearl of a girl have a wonderful vacay.
😘

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Save some of that fun for o dark hundred Saturday. I'm still going to need some brain awakening.

I start my camino from Barcelona then with a visit to Sant Pau del Campo, the Columbus monument and then breakfast with Chris.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Are you trying to tell me Warren Beatty has opened the wrong envelope again????
I think it should be shared...half of nothing each!
Have a nice happy hols!!!
You have a fabulous memory, BB and also must love American movies/films. I do not recall that...musta happened before I was born! 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Save some of that fun for o dark hundred Saturday. I'm still going to need some brain awakening.

I start my camino from Barcelona then with a visit to Sant Pau del Campo, the Columbus monument and then breakfast with Chris.
Looking forward to it, Rick.Maybe we can have a waiter take our photo and post it to our friends here if you are willing to lose your phantom staus.😊

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I've already met Ms Chris and family. I was checking out the neighborhood that we were going to meet in and also checking the forum. There was a PM that she had checked in (45 minutes old). I was a block away so I showed up. It was a short visit as I had to go meet Peg. Saturday is going to be a treat.
We should have a lot of fun, Rick! I'll do my best to be nice to you in public and not tease you too much!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Two of our crowd meeting up.

Nice.

🥰
I know!...wish it could be all of us! We can dream. BTW, are you heading out on camino before 2019 closes out or waiting until spring...I forgot. 🤔

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I know!...wish it could be all of us! We can dream. BTW, are you geading out on camino before 2019 closes out or waiting until spring...I forgot. 🤔
Well, now that you mention it.

I had cancelled October.

But, decided on November.

I’ve always done CF.

This time I will do last 100 kilometers Ourense to Santiago.

I think it will be quite quiet. I don’t mind solitude; and I wish to enter Santiago via a different route.

I am not the woman I was or the woman I will be who did and will walk every single step along the way.

So, at present, I will most likely walk a little and bus a little each day.

My cousin has agreed to care for my mom.

I will make certain my dad’s larder is full. Then, off I go.

Looking forward to the camino.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thanks, NYC, for all the details! I "thought" I had read that you were doing that, but wasn't sure if it was on here or a different thread. I will love hearing how you like the Sanabres. Dress warm! Part of the Vdlp and all of the Sanabres are big on my future "list".

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I'm often lost at home!
Waiting to meet up with shirt tail relatives now...they are late and must be lost. 😂😛
Maybe I will be able to write my own book before I leave.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
They’ve written a book for two of the unserious folks (Rick and CC take note).

View attachment 65935
Just a few minutes ago I sent Peg this message:

I have a helicopter hovering overhead. Guns pointed at me??? Protesters running past me. They marched up La Rambla about 15 minutes ago. Has the revolution started?

Mostly kidding.​

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
BREAKING NEWS

Barcelona brought to a standstill as thousands of Catalonians search for two “not serious” members. Public have been told to look for two Americans possibly wearing red socks and a tendency to talk randomly about elephants.
A third person (commonly known as Peg) could be anywhere and is unlikely to be found during the day as she is not used to the light. If she is found she is not to be approached as not used to human contact, any solid food and isn’t aware that we have entered the 21st century.

El Pais

4336EBA9-B88C-42FF-AFDF-1AF348E49DCA.jpeg

Source: Reuters. El pais and the not serious thread.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
BREAKING NEWS

Barcelona brought to a standstill as Catalonians search for two “not serious” members. Public have been told to look for two Americans possibly wearing red socks and a tendency to talk randomly about elephants.
A third person (commonly known as Peg) could be anywhere and is unlikely to be found as she is not used to the light. If she is found she is not to be approached as not used to human contact, any solid food and isn’t aware that we have entered the 21st century.

Source: Reuters
Oh my, this is the most hysterical post in a long time! BB, you win a prize...of nothing!
I survived the day so far. A peaceful march walked by on Las Ramblas while my group imbibbed on the largest sangrias I have ever seen! I'll send a photo, but my slow roaming/internet may not work.
BTW...poor Peg.
20191018_134506.jpg

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Oh my, this is the most hysterical post in a long time! BB, you win a prize...of nothing!
I survived the day so far. A peaceful march walked by on Las Ramblas while my group imbibbed on the largest sangrias I have ever seen! I'll send a photo, but my slow roaming/internet may not work.
BTW...poor Peg.
View attachment 65942
Hic!!!!!.....she’s fallen over!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
BTW...poor Peg.
View attachment 65942
“There are many roads to the truth – a good Bourgogne is one of them” (Karen Blixen, 1949).

(You can substitute Bourgogne with your personal choice of alcoholic beverage 🤪)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
“There are many roads to the truth – a good Bourgogne is one of them” (Karen Blixen, 1949).

(You can substitute Bourgogne with your personal choice of alcoholic beverage 🤪)
I have several choices of alcohooolic favs!...White wine w/ice, Fitou red wine, Gin & Tonic, Mojito...yep, that about wraps it up. Oh, and I had a Long Island Iced Tea in Chicago last summer. Read my lips...I am not a lush! 😛

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Dont know what Bourgogne is...a type of spag bol or bologna? 😂

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Just a small non-serious fact: Did you know that the word ’alcohol’ stems from the Arabic al-kuḥl, which means eye-makeup? The Lord works in mysterious ways .... :p

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Just a small non-serious fact: Did you know that the word ’alcohol’ stems from the Arabic al-kuḥl, which means eye-makeup? The Lord works in mysterious ways .... :p
No, I did not! But the word "mascara" comes from the Spanish words "face painted"...I think! 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have a very slight case of dot-initis, cuz it's only 3 at a time...not 2, not 4...it must be a perfect 3. I go back and fix my mistake if need be...just sayin'.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Rick asked me to share a little story cuz he doesn't like typing much on his phone (welcome to my world).
Anyway, we were enjoying our breakfast in the cafe and chatting when a sort of homeless looking man approached us, patting his pockets to show they were empty. He spoke no English, but we knew he probably wanted money. We kindly shook our heads No, but he was persistent so Rick offered to buy him a coffee and tortilla and went up to the counter placing the order. A waiter brought the coffee in a ceramic cup and handed it to the man, who became agitated and irate. All we could do was assume he wanted it in a cardboard cup "to go". He then grabbed the cup and proceeded to run out of the restaurant spilling the coffee as he ran. The waiter tried to catch him but could not. It was very strange indeed.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Rick asked me to share a little story cuz he doesn't like typing much on his phone (welcome to my world).
Anyway, we were enjoying our breakfast in the cafe and chatting when a sort of homeless looking man approached us, patting his pockets to show they were empty. He spoke no English, but we knew he probably wanted money. We kindly shook our heads No, but he was persistent so Rick offered to buy him a coffee and tortilla and went up to the counter placing the order. A waiter brought the coffee in a ceramic cup and handed it to the man, who became agitated and irate. All we could do was assume he wanted it in a cardboard cup "to go". He then grabbed the cup and proceeded to run out of the restaurant spilling the coffee as he ran. The waiter tried to catch him but could not. It was very strange indeed.
Odd.

How is Barcelona today?

You feel safe?

On this side we’ve been seeing riots aplenty.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Odd.

How is Barcelona today?

You feel safe?

On this side we’ve been seeing riots aplenty.
We have felt safe, but looking out of our little balcony right now, we see a few police with full riot gear on. There were some burn marks in some of the streets from fires, but our day touring the Gaudi Basilica and Guell park were quite normal...thanks for asking. We did have to schedule our tours for a day later due to the strike yesterday.
It was really nice to meet Rick...he's a really nice guy...probably the only one of us who is not a weirdo! 😉😛

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.4%