A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ
Congrats, NYC! ...this time you win a free trip to nowhere!
Speaking of trips.

I have my ride to airport for next Monday.

My mom will be looked after by my cousin.

Popsโ€™s larder will be filled by me. Another, will have to replenish a perishable or two.

His podiatrist appointment is the week after I return, just before Thanksgiving.

I write all of this because this is my first camino which required such logistics.

I so deeply appreciate the universe assisting me with this pilgrimage.

Forum rules keep me from going splash-splash on religion.

But, you all get the gist.

I was contemplating a hop-scotch turigrino due to rain forecast in Galicia. Train to Seville, sightsee, walk a bit. Bus, here and there sightsee, take a wee dander. And, so on.

However, in 2014, I walked camino after a ten year absence. When I hopped off plane in NYC with credential and Compostela in hand; life put me on a rollercoaster; and whew I was off and running flat out.

So, I am sticking to Ourense to Santiago. I would like my Compostela.

It would kinda put a period on whew.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Speaking of trips.

Popsโ€™s larder will be filled by me. Another, will have to replenish a perishable or two.

His podiatrist appointment is the week after I return, just before Thanksgiving.

I write all of this because this is my first camino which required such logistics.

I was contemplating a hop-scotch turigrino due to rain forecast in Galicia. Train to Seville, sightsee, walk a bit. Bus, here and there sightsee, take a wee dander. And, so on.

However, in 2014, I walked camino after a ten year absence. When I hopped off plane in NYC with credential and Compostela in hand; life put me on a rollercoaster; and whew I was off and running flat out.

I sooo appreciate you letting us in on your personal life a bit as we on this thread are all good friends. I thought of your upcoming camino when I said "you win a trip to nowhere" and almost didn't add it in. Now I'm glad I did because it prompted this serious reply from you! Thank you, Barbara! ๐Ÿ’•
Edit...and I wish you a very Buen Camino! You so deserve a "good walk"!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Monasterio vieja de San Juan de la pena. Incredible! I put in a 12 hour day today with rain and I've got to dry off and eat, so nothing more now (except to say I'm off the Catalan and on the Aragonese).
Whoah! Twelve hours...hope that included your tour "inside" the monastery!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Speaking of trips.

I wish you a Buen (and dry) Camino - y vaya con Dios.

Piglet walking.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I thought I saw an episode when they said something!....I thought it was mutant...not mute ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ถ
Of course you are correct...you always are. You not a fun donkey. You burst my humor bubble...you a donkey's arse.๐Ÿ˜‚

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
My close relatives live in Bristle. My distant relatives...donโ€™t! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Your close relatives live in your bristles...they are mutant fleas.
My close relatives live "here" in close proximity...my distant relatives live "there and everywhere...nowhere in particular".

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
It doesnโ€™t say that CC...it says โ€œWe are all Goaliesโ€ ๐Ÿ˜€ not we are all iguanas! ๐Ÿ˜‚
A smart arse once again, BB! I don't speak Spanish, was too lazy to do a translate,...and that big capital "I" threw me off...so there!...Not! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Me is a imp...I'm an imp! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

EDIT- I decided to double check and you were just tricking me...the word is "equal". All the student's capabilities at coloring are equal...
Not! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Rick was sent back to school to repeat 2nd grade cuz he has lots to learn. A free lunch is included every day. He "says" he is hiking on the Camino, but I know better...he shouldn't have sent that photo cuz I'm Sherlock!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Rick was sent back to school to repeat 2nd grade cuz he has lots to learn. A free lunch is included every day. He "says" he is hiking on the Camino, but I know better...he shouldn't have sent that photo cuz I'm Sherlock!
I'm a black sheep. Like this one. Short, but curious, it was the only one moving around. Wanted to get a better look at me.
IMG_20191106_113559.jpg

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
They are being kept in the bedroom and kitchen unless they misbehave and then they join Peg.
That would be the two favorite rooms in the house a typical man (chauvinist) with a one track mind would want his lady(ies) to frequent the most. ๐Ÿ™„
Edit...๐Ÿ˜‰

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Or you could be........... The Cat Imp :p

I thought about imp, but didn't want the masses out there in Forum land to think I'm a "nut job". My mom often called me a little imp, but at the time I had no idea what an imp looked like until Peter posted a picture of one a long time ago...what a surprse! I guess my mom didn't always appreciate my personality.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Iโ€™m catching up on the โ€œnotโ€ periodically as Iโ€™m going to classes on how to use a computer. Every week there is a different subject to master and at the moment we are learning how to โ€œcut and paste.
Iโ€™m sending you guys a picture of me practicing my new skills....

View attachment 66597
Chris can help you out.

Peter Fransiscus

Be proud of who you are.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Iโ€™m catching up on the โ€œnotโ€ periodically as Iโ€™m going to classes on how to use a computer. Every week there is a different subject to master and at the moment we are learning how to โ€œcut and paste.
Iโ€™m sending you guys a picture of me practicing my new skills....

View attachment 66597
Marianne is the cut and paste expert , she learned it from my late Father.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Marianne is the cut and paste expert , she learned it from my late Father.
I'm a cut and paste expert...I learned it from experience. I have been told by many customers that I saved their marriages...their words were spoken semi-seriously.๐Ÿ˜Š

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I've read that a great test for an upcoming marriage is to do some wallpapering.

On a related note. I came to Eunate this afternoon ready to take pictures of the outside just as a wedding party was leaving. I got to see the inside! Those medieval builders were terrible wallpaperers.
Awesome opportunity, Rick! I always wanted to take the time to see Eunate, but I'd heard it was closed permanently and it's out of the way.

Did you take any pictures inside to show? What day do you fly home? I haven't seen updates lately...are you doing ok?

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Awesome opportunity, Rick! I always wanted to take the time to see Eunate, but I'd heard it was closed permanently and it's out of the way.

Did you take any pictures inside to show? What day do you fly home? I haven't seen updates lately...are you doing ok?
Ditto.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 47 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.3%