A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Awesome opportunity, Rick! I always wanted to take the time to see Eunate, but I'd heard it was closed permanently and it's out of the way.

Did you take any pictures inside to show? What day do you fly home? I haven't seen updates lately...are you doing ok?
You are off the Camino for 5 km but then you miss 2 km of the CF so really only 3 km longer.

More sometime.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
"Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup..."

"Good early mornaftnight...all five+ of you!"

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You are off the Camino for 5 km but then you miss 2 km of the CF so really only 3 km longer.

More sometime.
It would still be too far off track for me even if only .3k further...I don't like to walk that far out of the way.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Everything better than 6 bags a day filled with antibiotics that I got last year when I was in hospital.
Glad you will Not have to bring those bags to the Pilgrim Office in May. Peter, you must be on the mend...the up and up! 滮

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Thats the strangest looking Tarta de Santiago I have seen :p

By the way, nice avatar, Peter! You look a little like the Cheshire Cat. Now you just need to learn how to disappear while leaving your spectacles suspended in mid air..... like this

Spectacles.jpeg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thats the strangest looking Tarta de Santiago I have seen :p

By the way, nice avatar, Peter! You look a little like the Cheshire Cat. Now you just need to learn how to disappear while leaving your spectacles suspended in mid air..... like this

I've thought about changing my avatar to this...but Im not sure I want to give up the serious side of my personality...you know, on other threads I am as serious and helpful as my pal Laurie, @peregrina2000.
Screenshot_2019-11-10-10-24-51.jpg

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I guess we all want to be helpful, and I fail to see why one should rule out the other... ;)
True, Turga, but I said what I said as a joke...I would never consider myself in the same league as the "camino guru"!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Buen camino NYC. I've been grabbing the cold and wet to to make your walk sunny, warm and dry but enjoy yourself no matter what the weather.
That's a shame, Rick, that your weather has not been too great. I hope you are still enjoying your walk. After Eunate did you join back up with the Frances or take some other route? Are you going all the way to Santiago? I am curious...think Cat.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Buen camino NYC. I've been grabbing the cold and wet to to make your walk sunny, warm and dry but enjoy yourself no matter what the weather.
Thank you.

Praying for sun.

Or, at least a surcease of rain.

Buen camino to you.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I am a wet shaver (plenty of wet shavings). None of that electric malarkey for me...oh no! Not ever! Never.
What do you do with the droppings... apparently you can not deal with them yourself.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No, I didn't get home safely. I'm due to board the plane this afternoon. But now you've given me second thoughts.
No worries, Rick. If they give the same awful complimentary wine they offer on all the international flights I've flown, you will have no worries of a drunk pilot...of course he could have downed several San Miguel's in the terminal while in uniform before "show time".

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
This clip reminded me of Sir Les Patterson Cultural attach矇 to Australia.
Just posting a little piece.
Its the quote where he says People come up to me..they just want me to kiss the kids that has me chuckling.

This clip reminds me of SAADD... that's
Severe Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
No worries, Rick. If they give the same awful complimentary wine they offer on all the international flights I've flown, you will have no worries of a drunk pilot...of course he could have downed several San Miguel's in the terminal while in uniform before "show time".
Its showtime folks: 5,6,7,8!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
No, I didn't get home safely. I'm due to board the plane this afternoon. But now you've given me second thoughts.
Home now. On the flight I worried a bit when the pilot seemed to be slurring his words during announcements but I calmed down after convincing myself that he was speaking Catalan.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Home now. On the flight I worried a bit when the pilot seemed to be slurring his words during announcements but I calmed down after convincing myself that he was speaking Catalan.
Welcome back to the USA Rick..."land of the free, home of the brave"!
The pilots all sound drunk every time I fly. With their garbled voices I can barely understand what they say. I think it's their PA systems that are "smashed", not them.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
The pilots all sound drunk every time I fly. With their garbled voices I can barely understand what they say.
Don't worry if airline pilots sound a little intoxicated when making announcements to the passengers. It's just the famous Chuck Yeager drawl:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Look what I found a few days ago at my local resale shop! Talk about nostalgia, he takes me back to nearly the beginning of the "Not Serious" and I even gave him red polish...now all I need is a cherry tree!
20191115_093640.jpg

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%