A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Heโ€™s baaack!
Yes, literally on his back! Come to think of it, I don't want to help him. If he stays.like this, maybe he'll stick around a little longer and play with us. Let's not forget that he is behind in his membership dues though!

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Yes, literally on his back! Come to think of it, I don't want to help him. If he stays.like this, maybe he'll stick around a little longer and play with us. Let's not forget that he is behind in his membership dues though!
This tortoise may take some time off every now and then, but he will never leave this thread. That's a promise (fingers crossed :p)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ok, now I'm confused! Does fingers crossed mean "you promise" or "you're fibbing"! I haven't done that since I was a kid and I don't remember which it is! ๐Ÿ˜›
Ok, everyone, put the dunce hat on me. I just discovered on another thread that fingers crossed means similar to "hoping so"! It's all good! โ˜บ

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
You are now dubbed thread librarian and archivist Kirkie ๐Ÿค‘!
Ok, in that case: if you havenโ€™t yet found Epicamino, get cracking. A wandererโ€™s dream. I like that the warts are kept to a minimum, but it does paint a realistic picture. At the risk of being accused of a crime in terms of gender I say, easier for a man than a woman. I will not respond to accusers!

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Ok, in that case: if you havenโ€™t yet found Epicamino, get cracking. A wandererโ€™s dream. I like that the warts are kept to a minimum, but it does paint a realistic picture. At the risk of being accused of a crime in terms of gender I say, easier for a man than a woman. I will not respond to accusers!
And so much easier for this โ€œmanโ€.
Local to me! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ha...if they were it could be Some Elephants Can Nap Using Disguise! ๐Ÿค‘
How about... "Elephants Can Only Nap In Trees If They Are Disguised By Wearing RED Nail Polish"! I'm sure there is a real word in there somewhere! ๐Ÿ˜› If not, it's ok cuz this is the Not Serious thread! Everything and anything goes!!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
How about... "Elephants Can Only Nap In Trees If They Are Disguised By Wearing RED Nail Polish"! I'm sure there is a real word in there somewhere! ๐Ÿ˜› If not, it's ok cuz this is the Not Serious thread! Everything and anything goes!!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚
After all, it's nonsense to the max, right, B.B.!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:

Antomuchacho

Camino(s) past & future
Planning on startting first time at e d of april start of may
Considering all the debates on alberque rows or making friends and language etc has anyone ever done or heard of anyone doing the silent camino i.e walking with a vow of silence๐Ÿ˜จ

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That makes two Chris. And yes you can dance .
Marianne and I don't have children . And because of that we don't have grandchildren eather. We wanted to , but...long story !!!๐Ÿ˜”
I have 2 sons, 1 married. Neither want children so I know I'm out in that department! We each get a different kaleidoscope to live our lives in, each person's in varying colors.

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Considering all the debates on alberque rows or making friends and language etc has anyone ever done or heard of anyone doing the silent camino i.e walking with a vow of silence๐Ÿ˜จ
I had the pleasure of meeting two Korean gentlemen friends in 2015. One was bald, and said for the first time ever he left his hairpiece at home. I told him he looked nice and didn't need it. His friend had taken a vow of silence for a week and was three days in when we met. He looked so happy, smiled alot and nodded and often made the universal peace sign. I remember them like it was yesterday!
20150510_131033.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Singing and dancing. It's time for me to get back on this thread. Here's something to use to help hesitant walkers make up their minds about whether they should walk a camino or not. (By the way, I can neither sing nor dance, according to most people's definition anyway.)
Thank you Rick and Peg for posting this
Wonderful words.

Years ago when I first heard this song, I went and got the CD .....transcribed the words onto paper and put both into a drawer.
I had asked the daughters that this song be played at my funeral.......words for the grandsons really to hear at the last goodbye!
Now, I think that as they're getting that bit older i might just have a search in that drawer and play it for them ....with interpretation of the words of course!

So sorry to hijack this thread with such a serious post
Best wishes. Annette

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Hi Annette, I hijacked this thread myself a wee bit today, too! You are not alone. Maybe a new thread could be started, titled "Serious musings only"!
Thanks Chris,
A serious thread!!
Not sure if it would last as long as this one though!!

Camino(s) past & future

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Iโ€™m guessing the money can talk but you canโ€™t on a silent Camino. Canโ€™t see the fun in it unless for religious reasons. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to the reason why?
The Korean man I met that was being silent was doing it for religious reasons, B.B. Maybe in his normal life he's "as loud as they come" and he was trying to put a muzzle on it!๐Ÿ˜‚

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
So was Tomas's just a hole in the ground then?
Oh no. You crossed the road, walked on a trail into a bit of brush and climbed up unto a wooden platform to find a neatly cut hole in the middle of it.

Hey, Peg, did you use the latrine at Tomas's?
Yes I did.
Did you take a ****?
Yeah.
How did you like it?
It was awful.

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Over on one of the "serious" thteads is this one that is partly non-serious

What camino souvenirs did you come home with?
I came home with shell earrings and bracelets. Had I known these little "gems" were available, I'd have bought doubles of each and turned them into earrings instead! ๐Ÿ˜›

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
I had the pleasure of meeting two Korean gentlemen friends in 2015. One was bald, and said for the first time ever he left his hairpiece at home. I told him he looked nice and didn't need it. His friend had taken a vow of silence for a week and was three days in when we met. He looked so happy, smiled alot and nodded and often made the universal peace sign. I remember them like it was yesterday!
View attachment 52162
annyeong unni @Camino Chris!

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
ill be back later...
i hate skipping likes....
kuya @Bristle boy u mean lie-down right?

gtg now
nyti nyti @Camino Chris
ah by the way every time i see related to ballet i think of @nycwalking
Yes...only a joke yaying...nothing serious!
Alls good! More related to a longer time back! Could have been misread so have consigned it to the Camino toilet! (Deleted)

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 222 24.8%