A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
excuse me being gross...
for us, instead of tissue, is a soap, tabu with water and we use our hands directly to that part to clean it and pat dry with towel.:p:cool:
Yaying, I've known in many parts of the world that it is done this way. All the variations of so many things, from food to loo, make each culture often so different than the next.

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
An elephant is drinking out of a river when he spots a turtle asleep on a log. The elephant ambles over and kicks the unsuspecting turtle clear across the river.
“Why did you do that?” asks a passing giraffe.
“Because I recognized it as the same turtle that took a nip out of my trunk 47 years ago.”
“Wow, what a memory!” says the giraffe.
“Yes,” says the elephant. “Turtle recall. 🤪🤪🤪

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
An elephant is drinking out of a river when he spots a turtle asleep on a log. The elephant ambles over and kicks the unsuspecting turtle clear across the river.
“Because I recognized it as the same turtle that took a nip out of my trunk 47 years ago.”
you are such a great sport, stgcph!

Camino(s) past & future
Some day, some fine day, we can all be sitting on a verandah, sipping whatever takes our fancy, and we shall recall, and rejoice, and there will be forever joy! or did I misunderstand?!
Folks, this space is to be celebrated.
Just because.
We each have our own concerns, but here, while not forgetting for one second the ills of existence, greetings! Peace be on this house!

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Some day, some fine day, we can all be sitting on a verandah, sipping whatever takes our fancy, and we shall recall, and rejoice, and there will be forever joy! or did I misunderstand?!
Just because.
We each have our own concerns, but here, while not forgetting for one second the ills of existence, greetings! Peace be on this house!
So true .🙏

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Just because.
I totally recall that!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
I said stop and smell the roses. Not cow dung...silly girl!
Hi Camino chris,
I love the smell of cow dung....oh yes I do .....reminds me of my childhood spent on farms
It's what I love about walking through Galecia..the cows being herded in by the women ...usually the elderly women and ...the smell of the dung....like perfume to my nostrils!!!
I also love the smell of roses too!!
And coffee brewing
Cheers
Annette

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Hi Camino chris,
I love the smell of cow dung....oh yes I do .....reminds me of my childhood spent on farms
It's what I love about walking through Galecia..the cows being herded in by the women ...usually the elderly women and ...the smell of the dung....like perfume to my nostrils!!!
I also love the smell of roses too!!
And coffee brewing
Cheers
Annette
Me, too, Annette...well I don't MIND the smell of cow dung, cuz it makes me know I am on the Camino! How beautifully written! Thanks for sharing. And don't I see you on Nomad Packs thread, too? Yes, I do!

Last edited:

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
hey i thought u slept already.... twet dreams
no traces of @Camino Chris until now, i think she got doze off cow dung hahaha.... peace!:p

c u later

p.s.
ticket to ride is expensive now
Yaying, I wasctired last night from too much frolicking, so went to bed early. The only negative in doing that is then I woke up too early, but I'm getting entertained this morning anyway.

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
i mean blackberry brand and curve 3260 was the model, it's an outdated mobile but still working fine on reaching me sms or call hehehe
Oh yes, I remember! I do notice you post more at various times of day now. Nice you can now join the real addicts! 😂

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Cue song: Those were the days my friend, the days that....
Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days
Oh yes, those were the days"....and so on

This was my mums favourite song and was played at her funeral....
Now I just have a good cry when I hear it..
So sorry folks...
This is the second time I've mentioned songs and funerals!!
I must remember.....this is the NOT so serious thread!!!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Those were the days

So sorry folks...
I have always loved that song, too! No apologies needed, at least imo!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Those were the days

So sorry folks...
Yesterday, my mom opened car door while I was driving. She has early to mid stage Alzheimer’s.

Sometimes it’s okay to get a little serious.

I’m gonna find some elephants 🐘 🐘🐘 today. Eventhough, I am in Los Angeles I should be able to find some.

Camino(s) past & future
Yesterday, my mom opened car door while I was driving. She has early to mid stage Alzheimer’s.

Sometimes it’s okay to get a little serious.

I’m gonna find some elephants 🐘🐘🐘 today. Eventhough, I am in Los Angeles I should be able to find some.
Wonderful.....elephants ....oh yes I loves rhis
Looks like we're back on track with the not so serious!
Let us know how many you find
So sorry about your mum
A harsh disease

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
Morning from Dublin everyone. I have been around. Just sometimes lazy to hit like, sometimes not wanting to, sometimes busy. That is ok too. i just made a little backwards glance and found this picture:
Who posted it???? In having a look, I noticed Famped has a new avatar, very nice... oops, take off ice pack, forgot to time it! Just following physio’s orders so I can look gherkin in the eye and say yes, i used the ice pack...
On previous line, a gremlin replaced the word ‘her’ with gherkin’. Oh! For the days of the retractable golf ball typewriter! Go to it, Bb!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Morning from Dublin everyone. I have been around. Just sometimes lazy to hit like, sometimes not wanting to, sometimes busy. That is ok too. i just made a little backwards glance and found this picture:
View attachment 52376
Who posted it???? In having a look, I noticed Famped has a new avatar, very nice... oops, take off ice pack, forgot to time it! Just following physio’s orders so I can look gherkin in the eye and say yes, i used the ice pack...
On previous line, a gremlin replaced the word ‘her’ with gherkin’. Oh! For the days of the retractable golf ball typewriter! Go to it, Bb!
My thought is that either Peter or Turga posted that photo. Looks like their style!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I believe you are right, and since I know it wasn't me -then guess who 🇳🇱
Well, if that's Peter's national flag (I'm too lazy to look it up), then I'm really, really right cuz he was my first choice!
P.S. that sphere looks like the logo on a can of Pepsi!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 223 24.8%