A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Weel done, Cutty Sark! And you can google that if you are not too lazy, like I might be! the next question: when did he post it! Don't try too hard. as Bb would say, it is dead easy!
Maybe one of the other friskier club members can look for us. Yaying might be a good one for the job!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Maybe one of the other friskier club members can look for us. Yaying might be a good one for the job!
Actually, Chris, it is sooo easy. would I make it hard? and do you want to know what else I have done so far today? No, I didn't think so. Back to the grindstone, off I go!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Actually, Chris, it is sooo easy. would I make it hard? and do you want to know what else I have done so far today? No, I didn't think so. Back to the grindstone, off I go!
I am happy to listen to whatever the club members want to share.

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Oh boy, I think I need another dunce cap. Looked up the flag and it's France...I change my answer to @domigee. That Turga is now on my bad boy list, throwing me off the trail. Too bad I was too lazy to look it up initially! 😛

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Oh boy, I think I need another dunce cap. Looked up the flag and it's France...I change my answer to @domigee. That Turga is now on my bad boy list, throwing me off the trail. Too bad I was too lazy to look it up initially! 😛
He he –you got that all wrong :p
The French flag is the same colors, but the stripes are vertical (and the colors in sort of reverse order).

Camino(s) past & future
No! What's with the French flag then? You all are making me feel really stooopid. I don't know who to believe...are your fingers crossed behind your back, Peter?
Now, c'mere to me Chris: you just hold fast to your own self, and sense of what is right and wrong. Don't be put off by anybody crossing their fingers behind their backs... remember; is there an absolute in this poor little world of ours? Nah! So, enjoy the relative and dance away... nobody can make you feel stopd. Nobody. Only yourself.

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Now, c'mere to me Chris: you just hold fast to your own self, and sense of what is right and wrong. Don't be put off by anybody crossing their fingers behind their backs... remember; is there an absolute in this poor little world of ours? Nah! So, enjoy the relative and dance away... nobody can make you feel stopd. Nobody. Only yourself.
So true . 🙏

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You are so wise, Kirkie! I love your sun, but an owl would fit you well, too!

Camino(s) past & future
and I daren't say that in any case... fill in the totally non political blanks yourself! Red is the colour by the way. Always red. Unless there really is blue blood...never came across it myself, and I have lived a long life.
may we be kept clear of strife, and wear red socks till the cows come home. Have to go now, folks, be good. 🤡

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
and I daren't say that in any case... fill in the totally non political blanks yourself! Red is the colour by the way. Always red. Unless there really is blue blood...never came across it myself, and I have lived a long life.
may we be kept clear of strife, and wear red socks till the cows come home. Have to go now, folks, be good. 🤡
And a Scottish flag is ...blue! 😂
Kirkie,

BB just told us, just now: It’s the Scots who are blue-blooded!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You peeps in your teeny, tiny countries. I will never keep it all straight!
Oh, I think the answer is that the "one flag" Peter posted is huge and actually physically stretches to all your teeny, weeny, super tiny countries, so all answers are correct. One for all and all for one! It's the only flag in the world that is made from a stretchy knit fabric....now is this a bunch of NONsense or not? And I'm totally sober in case anyone is wondering!

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
You peeps in your teeny, tiny countries. I will never keep it all straight!
Well, that’s really not very important. I remember when being a boy scout you could earn all sorts of badges, one for knowing 30 different flags from all over the world –never got it :rolleyes:

Incidentally, talking about flags, did you know that the Danish flag is thought to be the oldest in the world dating back from 1208?

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, that’s really not very important. I remember when being a boy scout you could earn all sorts of badges, one for knowing 30 different flags from all over the world –never got it :rolleyes:

Incidentally, talking about flags, did you know that the Danish flag is thought to be the oldest in the world dating back from 1208?
Yes, I did know that fact, Turga! Yep, the year 1208...that was it. You are correct! 😂😃

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
At my front door I have a small Irish flag that was given away at a cheese shop's celebration of the buying of a huge wheel of Italian cheese. Whoops. Sometimes it's hard to tell red from orange.
Really? I thought the Irish flag was white with 100 green four leaf clovers splattered all over it. Not so?

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
50 states (and I didn't google). I have no idea about the significance of the stripes -that you like lollipops? 🤪
There are 13 stripes and they stand for our original 13 colonies. Our national flag is like its own quiz! I know I'm getting old cuz I'm pretty sure I've been to all 50 states...the boring ones I've only driven through and only stopped for a restroom/food break. 😛

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
There are 13 stripes and they stand for our original 13 colonies. Our national flag is like its own quiz! I know I'm getting old cuz I'm pretty sure I've been to all 50 states...the boring ones I've only driven through and only stopped for a restroom/food break. 😛
I have been around in your country –not nearly all states of course, but still, and I have many good (and a few not so good) memories. Once a colleague of mine and myself “escaped” from the police while driving from San Jose to Santa Monica. Mind you, we didn’t do anything unlawful, just something not so recommendable; but that’s a long story (and many years ago). And I shall never forget the cold in North Dakota in early February…❄❄❄

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have been around in your country –not nearly all states of course, but still, and I have many good (and a few not so good) memories. Once a colleague of mine and myself “escaped” from the police while driving from San Jose to Santa Monica. Mind you, we didn’t do anything unlawful, just something not so recommendable; but that’s a long story (and many years ago). And I shall never forget the cold in North Dakota in early February…❄❄❄
Yes, N. Dakota would definately be brrrr cold in February! Were you employed on a pipeline? And California, a beautiful state, but of course it's easy to find trouble there!😉

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.

1208 is a Legend saying that the flag came falling from the sky.
1370 is the date proven correctly.
And in second place is the national flag from the Netherlands from the year 1573 .

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
1208 is a Legend saying that the flag came falling from the sky.
1370 is the date proven correctly.
And in second place is the national flag from the Netherlands from the year 1573 .
Yes, everything you say is very interesting, Peter! And now because Luxembourg was the flag answer, I guess it was a trick question after all, just like you said.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I guess you know the way to San Jose!

Yeah! stgcph does it again! lots of activity today, folks. And I meant to just pop in for a minute! time to go now though. Dinner due on the table in ten minutes....
Dinner, dinner, I’ve yet to each lunch.

What time are you on?

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
View attachment 52392Krowka time, nycwalking... unfortunately, a guest brought a huge bag of these sweets. I had better hurry to finish them before Lent.
Or before CC and I board a plane, arrive at your door, and help you eat those sweets.

Kwowka time will allow for quick travel time.

CC start packing.

Kirkie, see you soon.

BTW: This is what I purchased this morning:52393 Yum!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Or before CC and I board a plane, arrive at your door, and help you eat those sweets.

Kwowka time will allow for quick travel time.

CC start packing.

Kirkie, see you soon.

BTW: This is what I purchased this morning:View attachment 52393 Yum!
But NYC, you aren't showing us what's IN the bag. Bring it on the plane with you to share! Most airlines are not serving food any more. I'm bringing granola bars...I am not paying!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
But NYC, you aren't showing us what's IN the bag. Bring it on the plane with you to share! Most airlines are not serving food any more. I'm bringing granola bars...I am not paying!
52394There were a few more bits, but they’ve gone down the hatch!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
1208 is just a Legend , sorry .
😛 You people are always tricking and I fall for it time and again! Good thing this is the NOT serious business, since I make so many wrong answers and am very gullible! I'm not good at European history and usually I'm too lazy to bother to google the answers cuz I don't really care anyway! Just sayin!😂
That said, I admire those of you who do care about all those things!

Last edited:

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
😛 You people are always tricking and I fall for it time and again! Good thing this is the NOT serious business, since I make so many wrong answers! I'm not good at European history and usually I'm too lazy to bother to google the answers cuz I don't really care anyway! Just sayin!😂
That said, I admire those of you who do care about all those things!
Yep Chris....1208 was the time I last had a chocolate!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Me too. I’ll leave it to the scholars to argue about that –that’s how they make a living. And, un-seriously, who says that legends can’t be true? 🇩🇰
Sometimes legends are true. They just cannot always be authenticated...I did look "legend" up.☺ I knew what it meant to me, but wanted to double check...I've been known to be wrong about things once or twice before!😅

Last edited:

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
We've been talking national flags and the British one reminds me of this...
On a more serious note, I have just read the article on Tony Foulds, the man who was instrumental in getting the ball rolling for the military flyover at Sheffield Park in England. He was a young 8 year old boy playing in the park with friends when a WW2 US pilot turned away as they were about to crash diverting the plane into the woods instead of the greenspace in the park, sparing the children. I would not have heard of this remarkable story if not for Fould's perseverence to see these ten airmen fallen in war honored.

This is one of the things I like about this thread...yes, mostly UNserious, humorous chit chat, but we also have the freedom to change it up to most any topic we like, as long as we leave out religion and politics! We never debate...unless it's about red socks, whether they should be ankle length or knee highs! I'm not on FB or other social media, so I have appreciated this forum and particularly this thread so much. Hubby says it helps me get out many of the words I want to talk about (he thinks it's a female thing) so he doesn't have to "hear" all of them! I think he loves the forum even though he has no personal interest in it!😉
Just a little personal drip feed from me. Have a good mornaftanight, one and all!

Last edited:

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
We've been talking national flags and the British one reminds me of this...
On a more serious note, I have just read the article on Tony Foulds, the man who was instrumental in getting the ball rolling for the military flyover at Sheffield Park in England yesterday. He was a young 8 year old boy playing in the park with friends when a WW2 US pilot turned away as they were about to crash diverting the plane into the woods instead of the greenspace in the park, sparing the children. I would not have heard of this remarkable story if not for Fould's perseverence to see these ten airmen fallen in war honored.

This is one of the things I like about this thread...yes, mostly UNserious, humorous chit chat, but we also have the freedom to change it up to most any topic we like, as long as we leave out religion and politics! We never debate...unless it's about red socks, whether they should be ankle length or knee highs! I'm not on FB or other social media, so I have appreciated this forum and particularly this thread so much. Hubby says it helps me get out many of the words I want to talk about (he thinks it's a female thing) so he doesn't have to "hear" all of them! I think he loves the forum even though he has no personal interest in it!😉
Just a little personal drip feed from me. Have a good mornaftanight, one and all!
Yes was big news on U.K. television this morning..a remarkable and touching story (well done the BBC).
I can’t post the whole story as the fly past was this morning.
But this bit will give you an idea!

And what led up to it!

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Kirkie, I was reading some posts I'd missed and this one reminded me of a lovely Christian song from the 1970's. It was made famous by the gospel band, " Petra", but the song was written by a personal friend of ours, Dave Eden. He wrote it for his first born, a boy born with a physical handicap. If you read the words or listen to the utube (I'm not good at attaching) you will see how truly special it is. For those who may take the time to look, you will be blessed, churched and unchurched alike! (Hope it is not too religious, although it does swing that way a little.)

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ok, I must really be bored today, yes, in fact, I am. So, I have always seriously disliked Turga's avatar name @stgcph! How awful is that! Even just now to type it in I had to go and actually write those 6 crazy letters down on paper first because I can't even recall them for 10 seconds. Thank goodness we have nicknamed him Turga! Anyway...I digress! I know perfectly well that a tortoise is a slow moving land creature and they can live to be 100+ years old (are ya getting close yet, Turga?) A turtle on the other hand is different and mostly a water creature. I decided to use my google translate on the two words to see if they each had a different identifying word in Spanish. Nope, the word tortuga is used for both. How can that be? I was hoping to be enlightened, but hit a dead end.
Now will someone else please think of something truly funny and NOT serious so I can stop all of my own chatter? I'm tired of listening to myself!!😅😀

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 222 24.8%