A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
thank you for the correction, and the word itself is what meaning and is it a german word
Yaying, you know more than me about that European chocolate and you live halfway around the world. Good job, close enough! A+ for you, too! Hey, I love being the self proclaimed bossy teacher in charge! 😂

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
Yaying, you know more than me about that European chocolate and you live halfway around the world. Good job, close enough! A+ for you, too! Hey, I love being the self proclaimed bossy teacher in charge! 😂
hmmm... i didn't know im in halfway.... it reminds me of @Sailor i like knowledge i learnt from him.

bossy teacher?o_O:rolleyes::eek:

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Ahh grades!!???;):p

Serious for a moment now ...
To every student out there ( midterm exams here in this country ) .
Even you with your D or even with a flunked exam : it is not the end of the world. If you did your best and worked hard you receive a mental A+ from me.
Go get them!!

Ok back to the nonsense...

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Missed you! Grades sneaked in or seeped in via another thread. Go search and see if you find it! Some other threads are catching on to the seriously not serious element... sometimes. Anyway, here is something lovely from yesterday. Weeds, flourishing on a lovely day
View attachment 50561
Grades seeped in, possibly by osmosis! Kirkie, Maybe subconsciously I was thinking of @rector's thread where he graded responses on a 1 to 10 system. At any rate, I had to jump start this thread back to life after everyone was taking a long siesta!

Weeds? I only wish all my garden weeds looked as pretty as that! ☺

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Am I sensing a little bit of frivolity here or is it madness creeping in, to stem this flow can I suggest caminoing:mad:
Frivolity is the name of the game here...nothing serious, nothing camino related. It appears we have the blessings of the mods for this one digression amongst the more serious other threads devoted to learning about the Caminos.:D

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Weeds? I only wish all my garden weeds looked as pretty as that! ☺
I literally had a weed garden in my front yard. We had an addition put on and the front got all tore up. It even had piles of dirt. In a few years (though the number was unknown at the time) we were to have our septic system removed and sewering put it. So I let nature do the seeding. If I knew the plant and it was going to be ugly I removed it. If not I let it grow until I knew I should remove it. The neighbors actually liked it. When the septic system got removed I changed over to putting in flower beds. Now:
IMG_20180721_173709.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
I literally had a weed garden in my front yard. We had an addition put on and the front got all tore up. It even had piles of dirt. In a few years (though the number was unknown at the time) we were to have our septic system removed and sewering put it. So I let nature do the seeding. If I knew the plant and it was going to be ugly I removed it. If not I let it grow until I knew I should remove it. The neighbors actually liked it. When the septic system got removed I changed over to putting in flower beds. Now:
View attachment 50567
Absolutely a dream. Thanks for sharing it, I have copied it. i just love wild mixes like that.

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Burning or smoking, when you are in the smoke the result is the same. 🤣🤣
Haven’t tried since one time go in Junior high: eigth grade to be exact.

Legal now in Caly.

Um, better not.

I’ll stick with finding perfect pair of red socks.

Camino(s) past & future
Some but not all, and other routes too.
And now, just checking the latest threat from Ryanair re luggage dimensions for my flight across the water this afternoon. Fear and terror! So long as I have room for my book I don't mind. Well, two books. Maybe three...
The Old Ways: a Journey on Foot by Robert Macfarlane – review
View attachment 50585
View attachment 50586
Does Rynair dominate the sky from Ireland?

Camino(s) past & future
Does Rynair dominate the sky from Ireland?
In terms of cost, quite a lot. It is possible to go over to Glasgow (and other places) for lunch, for less than €20.00. This time it is a little more as I am staying over for a few days so have paid for priority and 2 cabin bags. Weird feeling, being priority. Not my usual place in the queue!

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
And now, just checking the latest threat from Ryanair re luggage dimensions for my flight across the water this afternoon. Fear and terror! So long as I have room for my book I don't mind. Well, two books. Maybe three...
The Old Ways: a Journey on Foot by Robert Macfarlane – review
View attachment 50585
View attachment 50586
terug-naar-congo-lieve-joris-7155.jpg
Nice reading .🙏

Peter Fransiscus

Camino(s) past & future
Peter, I'm sure this is a wonderful book since you recommend it. Maybe give a quick description in English
Fascinated from her childhood by her uncle, a Catholic missionary, Lieve Joris set out on board the "Fabiolaville" to the Belgian Congo, the modern Zaire of President Mobutu. This book is both a journalist's account of a troubled country with a colonial past and a story of a journey to Zaire.

Camino(s) past & future
Some but not all, and other routes too.
In terms of cost, quite a lot. It is possible to go over to Glasgow (and other places) for lunch, for less than €20.00. This time it is a little more as I am staying over for a few days so have paid for priority and 2 cabin bags. Weird feeling, being priority. Not my usual place in the queue!
Stand to attention folks we have a posh person amongst us;)

Camino(s) past & future
It wass quite fun standing crushed together on the bus after the flight, and someone took out the phone and had a conversation everyone was lucky enough to hear very well. it was a problem for some people though, as caller had a very strong local Glasgow way of speaking. No matter how long I am away, I never need translation. Anyway, I would not like to be at the other end of that caller’s ire.
This has reminded me of something, and I just found a version of it

Peter Fransiscus

Camino(s) past & future
It wass quite fun standing crushed together on the bus after the flight, and someone took out the phone and had a conversation everyone was lucky enough to hear very well. it was a problem for some people though, as caller had a very strong local Glasgow way of speaking. No matter how long I am away, I never need translation. Anyway, I would not like to be at the other end of that caller’s ire.
This has reminded me of something, and I just found a version of it
Stil have records of him , brilliant. 😂😎

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Perhaps the following link will help ... to confuse the issue even more
http://www.dsl.ac.uk/
Well then... was cat ditched, dressed, or wiped clean?

I vote for dressed in red socks, ditched next to a cherry treee, then wiped clean by falling elephant.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 126 15.4%
  • May

Votes: 199 24.3%