A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
You sure are an imp!!!
I love my mama, that's what she always said! Maybe she put that spell on me. She should of had positive thoughts...I'd a been perfect, maybe!
"No one is perfect, no not one"...seriously.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
When it comes to oxymorons..I think “ less is more!”
Where ignorance is bliss it’s folly to be wise.

Morning all.

Have to get breakfast for mom, wash and dress meself, then pick up dad for chuch.

Thanks to all for wake up chuckles.

Later.😘

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I don’t know if you can get this Rick but I tried...is this it?
That's it BB. Thanks. Another half hour of LOL.

Seeing the character Georgette was nice. Not only was she so sweet in the show but my roommate just a bit before this episode aired was a childhood friend of the actress. And Betty White, who played Sue Ann saying something like "I hope I'm alive when I reach your age" is still with us and acting in her 90s and is America's sweetheart.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
That's it BB. Thanks. Another half hour of LOL.

Seeing the character Georgette was nice. Not only was she so sweet in the show but my roommate just a bit before this episode aired was a childhood friend of the actress. And Betty White, who played Sue Ann saying something like "I hope I'm alive when I reach your age" is still with us and acting in her 90s and is America's sweetheart.
Do you think her character stills wants her ashes thrown over Robert Redford.

We’re blessed to still have both RR and BW alive and well.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Do you think her character stills wants her ashes thrown over Robert Redford.

We’re blessed to still have both RR and BW alive and well.
I'm willing to have my ashes thrown over Robert Redford! He was a hearthrob of mine along with Kurt Russell when I was a teen/early twenties...just sayin'. I was into the blonde hair/blue eyes thing😉, but not so much any more.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I look forward to watching later. I loved Mary Tyler Moore when I was a teenager. I hardly ever watch real tv now. Why? Too much real life to pay attention to. Having said that, you bet I will be sitting comfortably watching with thoughts of times past. You know folks, every second, not alone every moment, is to be experienced; lived, held and let go of all at the same time. Just be aware that it will someday end! Cheerful? No. Real? Yes. Reminds me of a song from long ago, a musical rendition of how Ignatius of Loyola saw the camino of life: What will you wish you had done when you’re dying, what will you wish when you are sighing ... what will you wish... do it now! English Jesuits produced songs in the 70s based on thoughts of Ignatius.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I look forward to watching later. I loved Mary Tyler Moore when I was a teenager. I hardly ever watch real tv now. Why? Too much real life to pay attention to. Having said that, you bet I will be sitting comfortably watching with thoughts of times past. You know folks, every second, not alone every moment, is to be experienced; lived, held and let go of all at the same time. Just be aware that it will someday end! Cheerful? No. Real? Yes. Reminds me of a song from long ago, a musical rendition of how Ignatius of Loyola saw the camino of life: What will you wish you had done when you’re dying, what will you wish when you are sighing ... what will you wish... do it now! English Jesuits produced songs in the 70s based on thoughts of Ignatius.
Another beautiful post Kirkie! When I read your writings, the imp in me disappears for a moment, minute or an hour!

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Took my mother back to Folkestone last year and scattered her cremated remains on the same day as I attended her sisters funeral.
I went to the East Cliff in my best funeral suit and waited for a drop in the wind.
As I was finishing there was a little gust and my trousers got a slight coating of dust.
I then went to my Aunts funeral. My mum always had an impish class!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thanks for sharing that, BB.
My sister passed away last August. On April 12th this year, a day after what would have been her 69th birthday, I will be going with 2 of my siblings and her husband to her favorite beautiful lake to scatter her ashes in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. We will then share lunch at her fav restaurant on the lake. I'm sure it will be very emotional for all of us. Serious on this thread is good, too!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I was going to write this after Kirkie's Ash Wednesday post but other things came up. It then felt out of place but now seems to appropriate again.

My brother had three places in the mountains that he wanted his ashes placed. His husband placed some between the local highest peak and the Appalachian trail alone but saved some for a beach that his friends could get to easier. The next day we scattered some in a stream above a waterfall and in a one stone cemetery in the woods. I had asked him for some ashes to go to a high peak that we once had hiked together, the only hike we had taken together as adults. The next year I recreated the hike, him and me. At the peak I was going to place the remaining ashes under a rock but thought that his burial already involved fire, earth and water so I would let them go into the wind. He liked that as, when I tossed them up, they exploded into a shimmering ball of silver like a firework. They didn't then fall or drift away but just dissolved into the air.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have another story about ashes. My brother in law passed away in 2017. He'd spent his childhood vacations on Cape Cod and had wonderful memories. He asked to have his ashes scattered there. Several of us all gathered together, each taking a vial of ashes, scattering them in the water on the coast. The weather was chilly, windy and drizzly, but we completed his wishes.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
In between my last post and now my warped mind came to the conclusion that Chuckles the Clown, also known as Peter Peanut, must have had a traditional burial. Otherwise, if he was to be cremated, we would have heard the newsroom staff mentioning roasted peanuts.

Edit: sorry Chris. I posted without seeing you had posted something serious in between my posts.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
In between my last post and now my warped mind came to the conclusion that Chuckles the Clown, also known as Peter Peanut, must have had a traditional burial. Otherwise, if he was to be cremated, we would have heard the newsroom staff mentioning roasted peanuts.

Edit: sorry Chris. I posted without seeing you had posted something serious in between my posts.
No problem, Rick!

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Thanks for sharing that, BB.
My sister passed away last August. On April 12th this year, a day after what would have been her 69th birthday, I will be going with 2 of my siblings and her husband to her favorite beautiful lake to scatter her ashes in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. We will then share lunch at her fav restaurant on the lake. I'm sure it will be very emotional for all of us. Serious on this thread is good, too!
It is Chris , sorry about your sister .
It will be a Beautiful day ful of remamberance . 🙏😥

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I was going to write this after Kirkie's Ash Wednesday post but other things came up. It then felt out of place but now seems to appropriate again.

My brother had three places in the mountains that he wanted his ashes placed. His husband placed some between the local highest peak and the Appalachian trail alone but saved some for a beach that his friends could get to easier. The next day we scattered some in a stream above a waterfall and in a one stone cemetery in the woods. I had asked him for some ashes to go to a high peak that we once had hiked together, the only hike we had taken together as adults. The next year I recreated the hike, him and me. At the peak I was going to place the remaining ashes under a rock but thought that his burial already involved fire, earth and water so I would let them go into the wind. He liked that as, when I tossed them up, they exploded into a shimmering ball of silver like a firework. They didn't then fall or drift away but just dissolved into the air.
Beautiful posts all.

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
I have another story about ashes. My brother in law passed away in 2017. He'd spent his childhood vacations on Cape Cod and had wonderful memories. He asked to have his ashes scattered there. Several of us all gathered together, each taking a vial of ashes, scattering them in the water on the coast. The weather was chilly, windy and drizzly, but we completed his wishes.
View attachment 53058.
🙏

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
This thread exists because; we reveal our truths without becoming maudlin; we make errors but don’t lambast one another; lastly we have fun.

Pray your first Lenten Sunday went well.

And, thanks to all for the good times!
Just beautiful, NYC! This post, along with Kirkie's, just made my day! Thank you!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Not sure if I posted this last summer when I took the photo...If I did I hope you get a 2nd laugh out of it!
View attachment 53062
When my little cousin was about three she’d call me momma by mistake.

When she was about four one day she looked at me and said: “You’re not momma you’re grandma”. In one year I’d aged twenty.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
When my little cousin was about three she’d call me momma by mistake.

When she was about four one day she looked at me and said: “You’re not momma you’re grandma”. In one year I’d aged twenty.
OUCH!
I am 66 and have let my hair go natural whitish/grey for the past 8 years. My best friend is 57 with long blonde hair and a great figure. We were bargain shopping together at our community neighborhood garage sales last summer. She ran into an acquaintance at one of the sales who asked if I was her mother! Talk about being humiliated! OUCH!

At least your zinger came from a 4 year old!

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
OUCH!
I am 66 and have let my hair go natural whitish/grey for the past 8 years. My best friend is 57 with long blonde hair and a great figure. We were bargain shopping together at our community neighborhood garage sales last summer. She ran into an acquaintance at one of the sales who asked if I was her mother! Talk about being humiliated! OUCH!

5 years ago, a lot of neighbors gossiping why i look older than my mama looking from the back side, as i have more white hair than my mama.... 🤪

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
OUCH!

Oh my .🙏 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
Morning everyone. Some great posts up above. Loved Mary Tyler Moore, thanks BB for finding it. So, seriously, what treasures will come our way today? If we pay attention to yaying’s image with its saying, it could come from a most unexpected angle.
I think I know , it's wonderfull never the less .🙏

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Yep! We just turned our US clocks ahead by one hour. We say "spring ahead, fall back".
I am not sure what is going to happen here when the official hour change is due. The image of the Stonehenge stones being moved was so smart, whoever posted it - let me guess, Bb? I am furious : yes! furious! I have just discovered that I can no longer take the bus to the British Embassy office in Dublin to renew my passport. They closed that service 5 years ago. Now, I have to renew online. It costs a lot more to do it that way. I am now very seriously (imagine the capitals, as they are not allowed on the forum) considering spending a lot more money to get myself an Irish passport. As it would be a renewed UK passport rather than one that shows my true identity... why don't I just change allegiance.. Much more antecedent blood from the Emerald Isle anyway...
:mad:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
The joys and heartache of dual citizenship! Is that what you were saying? And what do you mean...CAPITALS are not allowed!! I sneak a few in every now and again...but then you know what I am!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I am not sure what is going to happen here when the official hour change is due. The image of the Stonehenge stones being moved was so smart, whoever posted it - let me guess, Bb? I am furious : yes! furious! I have just discovered that I can no longer take the bus to the British Embassy office in Dublin to renew my passport. They closed that service 5 years ago. Now, I have to renew online. It costs a lot more to do it that way. I am now very seriously (imagine the capitals, as they are not allowed on the forum) considering spending a lot more money to get myself an Irish passport. As it would be a renewed UK passport rather than one that shows my true identity... why don't I just change allegiance.. Much more antecedent blood from the Emerald Isle anyway...
Noooo! There are smarter cookies than I when it comes to the puns! The Stonehenge post was a master stroke! 😂

Ferenjinan

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy- Auvillar ( 2018 )
Lisbon- Santiago (2019)

St. Jean Pied a Port - Finisterre 2008
Hope the flowers take - it's cold and breeze out there. Just had a peek across the Estuary towards Essex - doesn't look much brighter there either ☁☁☁

It was very confusing when we lived at Horley (near Crawley/Gatwick Airport - ex was an air hostess). We'd be asked for our name (in a shop say) and, on proffering "Crawley" would be looked at piteously: "NO, not where do you LIVE, what's your NAME?"

The girls didn't fare much better at boarding school which was at Horsham (so not very far away) but, as the younger one used to say "We're so cool they named a town after us!"

Mind you, better than the ex's maiden name which was something totally unspellable in Polish.
"NO, not where do you LIVE, what's your NAME?" Ta, good for a wee chuckle.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I am now very seriously (imagine the capitals, as they are not allowed on the forum) considering spending a lot more money to get myself an Irish passport. As it would be a renewed UK passport rather than one that shows my true identity... why don't I just change allegiance..
Both Ireland and the UK allow dual nationality so I don't see a need for a change in allegiance.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Awww Kirkie..I know where you are coming from but we love you the way you are!
I get hurt a little that I cannot put “English” as my nationality on many forms...apparently I’m British. You will become a split personality and I love you the way you are (Scottish I thought).

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
hanggang sa muli!
Magandang gabi sa inyo mga minamahal kong kaibigan.
Lalong lalo na sa aking mahal n ina-inahan!

View attachment 53082
Wonderful, vdaughter! Is that the language of the Philippines? Are you kinda showing off...if so, it's working and I love it!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
We do adopt your expressions sometimes!
We say spring forward, fall back.
Autumn back just doesn’t seem to work!
Not forgetting that the English phrase "fall of the leaf" was popular in the 1600s (when it got exported to the Colonies and became just "fall"). We (the English) didn't steal the French word automne until a century later.

To quote a (Canadian) professor of English I know: "There's no such thing as American English, it's just 17th Century Hampshire updated with a few 20th century technical words" . . . . discuss ;)

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
but 2019?
Awww Kirkie..I know where you are coming from but we love you the way you are!
I get hurt a little that I cannot put “English” as my nationality on many forms...apparently I’m British. You will become a split personality and I love you the way you are (Scottish I thought).
I put "White, Other" just to muddy the waters.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
but 2019?
I'll let this guy do the talking for me.

Why we sing in English with an American accent. Youtube id: DQ8RdLtZWlc
My god that man has an annoying way of speaking! There's a popular British radio show called "Just a Minute" where the panelists are invited, in rotation, to speak for one minute on a given subject (which they are normally not informed of in advance), without "hesitation, repetition or deviation".
They tend to end up speaking like this man. Slow. Plodding. Trying. Very. Hard. Not. To. Break. The. Rules.
Annoying!
THIS is what it sounds like. Sadly all four of the panelists are now dead but the Chairman, Nicholas Parsons, still soldiers on aged 95.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Not forgetting that the English phrase "fall of the leaf" was popular in the 1600s (when it got exported to the Colonies and became just "fall"). We (the English) didn't steal the French word automne until a century later.

To quote a (Canadian) professor of English I know: "There's no such thing as American English, it's just 17th Century Hampshire updated with a few 20th century technical words" . . . . discuss ;)
Jeff, It's a good thing that last paragraph about Americans is not your own quote or I might be a tad offended...Not!😂😁

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I think your elevation to the peerage is far,far higher Rick.
Edit: to a position that elevates Peg to a lady at the very least!
I hate to admit it, Rick and BB, but I have to be honest. I have no idea what a pumpkin, or a duke has to do with being the "king of puns"...unless, and tell me if I'm wrong, it is this...pun-king, pump-kin? I think so!!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
There's a popular British radio show called "Just a Minute" where the panelists are invited, in rotation, to speak for one minute on a given subject (which they are normally not informed of in advance), without "hesitation, repetition or deviation".
I'm thinking of a very well known speaker who, if a panelist on that show, would be shot.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
My god that man has an annoying way of speaking! There's a popular British radio show called "Just a Minute" where the panelists are invited, in rotation, to speak for one minute on a given subject (which they are normally not informed of in advance), without "hesitation, repetition or deviation".
They tend to end up speaking like this man. Slow. Plodding. Trying. Very. Hard. Not. To. Break. The. Rules.
Annoying!
THIS is what it sounds like. Sadly all four of the panelists are now dead but the Chairman, Nicholas Parsons, still soldiers on aged 95.
Where do you come up with all this stuff?

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
but 2019?
Jeff, It's a good thing that last paragraph about Americans is not your own quote or I might be a tad offended...Not!😂😁
Come on, you know Canadians feel superior ever since they bested you 18-12 some years back ;) 🇨🇦>🇺🇸
whereas us Brits are just "going to hell in a handcart" as I think you say 😭😭

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Come on, you know Canadians feel superior ever since they bested you 18-12 some years back ;) 🇨🇦>🇺🇸
whereas us Brits are just "going to hell in a handcart" as I think you say 😭😭
We say "Going to hell in a handbasket"", but you were close enough! 😅

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 159 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 259 24.9%