A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
A little imp.
😈
Bingo! My mom cursed me for sure!
FYI- My sister in law's boyfriend lives in Seabrook, NH, a half block off the beach. He has no R's in his vocabulary that I noticed, except this...his granddaughter's name is Ella, but he pronounces it Eller! Go figure!😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Bingo! My mom cursed me for sure!
FYI- My sister in law's boyfriend lives in Seabrook, NH, a half block off the beach. He has no R's in his vocabulary that I noticed, except this...his granddaughter's name is Ella, but he pronounces it Eller! Go figure!
That is actually a feature of the Boston accent. The Rs appear and disappear like Whack-a-moles. I mentioned how my accent used to have the Boston R thing in it (but not President Kennedy's Cubar). It took me four years to drop the final R in idea.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That is actually a feature of the Boston accent. The Rs appear and disappear like Whack-a-moles. I mentioned how my accent used to have the Boston R thing in it (but not President Kennedy's Cubar). It took me four years to drop the final R in idea.
Yes, he says that too! So you are working towards the perfect non-accent that I have? I'm 90 miles from Chicago, the land of perfect pronunciations! 😁

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Yes, he says that too! So you are working towards the perfect non-accent that I have? I'm 90 miles from Chicago, the land of perfect pronunciations!
I think I have the generic US accent. A career Navy man once said that he couldn't hear an accent in me and he would have had an opportunity to hear them all.

Friends and I were often amused listening to Peg, who grew up in upstate NY across the lake from the radio stations in Canada, and a friend, who though born and raised in the US, had Canadian parents. They would start speaking "normally" but over an hour you could hear them progress more and more to the Canadian raising inflection. I haven't heard them do this for sometime now though.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I’ve enjoyed the missing R..in Bristle we have the magical ”appearing L.

That is hilarious-L, BB! Maybe you should try hard to lose the L's...you could replace it with the R's that Massachusetts threw out! 😂

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I am not sure what is going to happen here when the official hour change is due. The image of the Stonehenge stones being moved was so smart, whoever posted it - let me guess, Bb? I am furious : yes! furious! I have just discovered that I can no longer take the bus to the British Embassy office in Dublin to renew my passport. They closed that service 5 years ago. Now, I have to renew online. It costs a lot more to do it that way. I am now very seriously (imagine the capitals, as they are not allowed on the forum) considering spending a lot more money to get myself an Irish passport. As it would be a renewed UK passport rather than one that shows my true identity... why don't I just change allegiance.. Much more antecedent blood from the Emerald Isle anyway...
:mad:
Stonehenge post mine.

Makes me Queenpin of the Druids.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Hello everyone,
To all you club nembers and sometimes visitors to this amusing, fun, silly and at times serious thread.
I am definately a regular on here every single day/night. I read, I laugh, I post and respond. It's because of my daily involvement that I want you all to know that I will be out of town for the next 8 days visiting relatives. I will be very busy with many activities and feel it is in their best interest for me to give them my full attention. Because of this, I plan to disconnect while I am away and you will not hear from me. I'm not saying you care that I will not be involved, but to go from daily posting to absolutely nothing made me want to share this so you don't "wonder" what's up with me as this is definately out of character for me.

That said...I'll be back here on March 21st. I am sure there is no way I can plow through all I will have missed, so may have to just start from scratch when I begin again. I enjoy and appreciate each and every one of you, your personalities and what you bring to my little world. You are all "the best", each in your own unique way. I'll miss you all.
Bye for now! 🙋
Chris

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Hello everyone,
To all you club nembers and sometimes visitors to this amusing, fun, silly and at times serious thread.
I am definately a regular on here every single day/night. I read, I laugh, I post and respond. It's because of my daily involvement that I want you all to know that I will be out of town for the next 8 days visiting relatives. I will be very busy with many activities and feel it is in their best interest for me to give them my full attention. Because of this, I plan to disconnect while I am away and you will not hear from me. I'm not saying you care that I will not be involved, but to go from daily posting to absolutely nothing made me want to share this so you don't "wonder" what's up with me as this is definately out of character for me.

That said...I'll be back here on March 21st. I am sure there is no way I can plow through all I will have missed, so may have to just start from scratch when I begin again. I enjoy and appreciate each and every one of you, your personalities and what you bring to my little world. You are all "the best", each in your own unique way. I'll miss you all.
Bye for now! 🙋
Chris
Enjoy!❤

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hello everyone,

Bye for now! 🙋
Chris
Enjoy yourself. 🙏

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

Goodmorning my Friends where ever you are .🙏
I’m a few miles east of downtown Los Angeles at doctor’s office for my mom.

Then Walmart.

Then food consumption establishment or two.

Then car wash.

Then home maybe. Because, home from traffic work will be starting.

Then I will probably check back in here.

Until then.😘

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
I’m a few miles east of downtown Los Angeles at doctor’s office for my mom.

Then Walmart.

Then food consumption establishment or two.

Then car wash.

Then home maybe. Because, home from traffic work will be starting.

Then I will probably check back in here.

Until then.😘
You have been named as “in locum chatticus non serious’ 😂

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013) San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)

Back to the basics today .
Peter, you are just so good at finding amazing contributions! When I was in college we had gym classes, as we had to teach it in the curriculum. I loved the trampoline, but i never reached the heights of this melyfump! Ozy was open-mouthed. Fortunately, we have no trampoline at home, and I don’t take Ozy out, so poor Ozy will just have to dream of reaching the sky!

Camino(s) past & future
Morning to all.

On my way to 🛌.

Thanks Pete for post.

Can you say that fives times really fast?

BB, where for art though?
You also are excelling yourself.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Thanks Pete for post.
Haha, @nycwalking. No, fast is not possible.
Night! Rest well.

As for this video...I was squirming in my chair, half expecting the trampoline to break. Fortunately, whomever did this animation is not half as cynical as I.:oops:

And @kirkie, can you not give Ozy a bit of help? Or is it that your hand to eye coordination would make that dangerous?

Camino(s) past & future
Not a lot of time today but anyway: hope those who have had to close eyes had a good day, and those just chirping for the rest of today have plenty to chirp about. I have just watched two very old dvds with David Attenburgh. He is such an enthusiastic person, interested to the nth degree in everything. Our poor little world will be impoverished soon, because David is heading for the next, and generally last, decade...night night folks. Be good, be thankful.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Not a lot of time today but anyway: hope those who have had to close eyes had a good day, and those just chirping for the rest of today have plenty to chirp about. I have just watched two very old dvds with David Attenburgh. He is such an enthusiastic person, interested to the nth degree in everything. Our poor little world will be impoverished soon, because David is heading for the next, and generally last, decade...night night folks. Be good, be thankful.
I love time I’m in late afternoon with the sun shining brightly.

Whilst others are sleep bound.

Night Kirkie and Yaying and BB and Peter.

Rick, you’re during evensong.

😊

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
very stary stary night there 2u @nycwalking
is mr. @Peter Fransiscus on the house?
starry, starry night.
paint your palette blue and gray.

now I understand what you tried to say to me
how you suffered for your sanity.

Poor Van Gogh, if he’d only had this thread.

Off to 🛌.

Night @yaying and all.😴😘

Last edited:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
awz this is how u calculate ur age

i though u have already hair and teeth right after born hehehe peace vbro
Well you must have been eating your “three course dinners” early yaying!
Ok..in 1987 I was 280512 hours! 😉
“Pax vobiscum” vsis. “You’d need to google translate Latin for that vsis. But, basically .....peace be with you as well!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
oh what a sinned have i done, making earlier out of fun for such a lovely words that i haven't understand.
Well I translated for you at the end...peace be with you! 😜😉
Hope you have a lovely day..here..it’s raining!
P.S. one of my “party tricks” is to say the Lords Prayer in Latin...😂😂

Last edited:

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%