A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Rick, you’re during evensong.
Ah, thanks for remembering me. Actually my night hours are closer to Greenwich than Eastern. Then too, based on years of experience, I've tried to train myself not to post in the tired hours before and after.

And ... for most of 1987 I was 36. But while I've grown older I'm not sure that I've grown up.

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
It does indeed. But why did you say Bb was to stand by his door waiting for the postie to deliver it?
View attachment 53229
I think it was metaphorical K and well researched referring to a Camino. It was a lovely unbirthday present and was received, as all virtual presents are, with humour and appreciation....it should have been wrapped though! 😂

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013) San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I think it was metaphorical K and well researched referring to a Camino. It was a lovely unbirthday present and was received, as all virtual presents are, with humour and appreciation....it should have been wrapped though! 😂

Attachments

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
The reason I posted the George Benson version (and not the Nat King Cole) was a that I took my parents to see GB at the Bristol Colston Hall on 25th May (my fathers birthday)
Sadly they are no longer here...I did something right...my father loved it and both were awesome.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
The reason I posted the George Benson version (and not the Nat King Cole) was a that I took my parents to see GB at the Bristol Colston Hall on 25th May (my fathers birthday)
Sadly they are no longer here...I did something right...my father loved it and both were awesome.
I learn something new everyday on this thread.

I didn’t know GB’s was a cover.

Concert sounds nice.

Sorry folks are gone.😓

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Oh and when it comes to guitar (and this is only my opinion)?George Benson is up therecwith Glenn Campbell.
Like a Rhinestone cowboy.

I love Glen Campbell.

He was popular during my formative years.

Brings back nice memories.

Memories: Cats or the The Way We Were; different lyrics, different songs; same sentiment.

Now, in bed and off to sleep.

12:15am.😴

Camino(s) past & future
Serious notes can come in here too: I have just seen news of what happened in NZ. Words are not enough. Compassion crosses all peoples, of any or no faith, except faith in life: the opening lines of this piece from Handel's Messiah came at once to my mind.
Those who do not want to listen don't have to, but they are " Comfort ye".

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Serious notes can come in here too: I have just seen news of what happened in NZ. Words are not enough. Compassion crosses all peoples, of any or no faith, except faith in life: the opening lines of this piece from Handel's Messiah came at once to my mind.
Yes I cannot comprehend the world at the moment..this is madness!!!!
Great post Kirkie and not the time for “not serious” sometimes.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Horror creeps from land-to-land.😱

I’ll pray before I close my eyes to sleep.

Stay safe out there.

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Prayers for NZ .🙏😔

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
And prayers for everyone.
Shattered by this news...this is not us.
Te Aroha, te whakapono, te rangimarie, tato tato e...
Kia kaha e nga teina.
VN...so well put...it isn’t! It shouldn’t be!
This is a moment of all seriousness! Please get rid of those weapons! Get rid of this hatred! Sorry if I get deleted..but I just don’t understand!!!

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
BB, hatred is impossible to understand.
It's like a terrible virus...so wishing that we all have heart's immunity today.
That's all we can do right now - not going there ourselves.
And praying for those who are suffering....
(BTW, that Maori means 'love, faith, peace, for us all...be strong, brothers and sisters.)

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Good question, @nycwalking. Good question.
(Sorry to kill the humor everyone. But it's been hard to laugh today.......)
Don’t be sorry, vnwalking. Not a serious is also part of everything. Why did I ruin my sister’s clothes when she was away at college, and hope she wouldn’t notice? Why do some solicitors siphon off money from clients?
Let’s turn the page folks, I started this set of posts, so let me try to draw a line under it, and thanks for this few hours of being able to safely just ask why...

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
Turning away from the horror . . just been watching Michael Portillo on a train journey from La Coruna to Sdc and sampling pulpo on a Galician beach.
If only life were always that simple.
May your God, in whatever shape or form, guide and keep you safe.

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Don’t be sorry, vnwalking. Not a serious is also part of everything. Why did I ruin my sister’s clothes when she was away at college, and hope she wouldn’t notice? Why do some solicitors siphon off money from clients?
Let’s turn the page folks, I started this set of posts, so let me try to draw a line under it, and thanks for this few hours of being able to safely just ask why...
Well , we can be very Serious thats why this thread is so succesfull.
Have a good weekend my friends .🙏

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Turning away from the horror . . just been watching Michael Portillo on a train journey from La Coruna to Sdc and sampling pulpo on a Galician beach.
If only life were always that simple.
May your God, in whatever shape or form, guide and keep you safe.
Thank you for post.

I’ve been looking for another travelogue on YouTube.

Now, I can watch MP.

Keep you eyes watching God while out and about.

Buen camino in its literal meaning.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Why did I ruin my sister’s clothes when she was away at college, and hope she wouldn’t notice?
You did? OMG. 🤣
This gives me a renewed faith in humanity and our capacity for redemption.
Thanks and good morning, @kirkie!

Jeff, you're in SdC?? Lucky you.
It's probably too early for pimentos de padron but if you see 'em, please eat some for me.
Pass on the pulpo, though. I can't bring myself to eat Inky, and anyway, those rubber band arms are just not my thing. Which means there is more for the rest of you.;)

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
but 2019?
You did? OMG. 🤣
This gives me a renewed faith in humanity and our capacity for redemption.
Thanks and good morning, @kirkie!

Jeff, you're in SdC?? Lucky you.
It's probably too early for pimentos de padron but if you see 'em, please eat some for me.
Pass on the pulpo, though. I can't bring myself to eat Inky, and anyway, those rubber band arms are just not my thing. Which means there is more for the rest of you.;)
Nooooooooo - the presenter Michael Portillo (failed right-wing politician turned travel presenter) was on a train from La Coruna to SdC. I'm in the UK waiting for the sky to fall on us.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Nooooooooo - the presenter Michael Portillo (failed right-wing politician turned travel presenter) was on a train from La Coruna to SdC. I'm in the UK waiting for the sky to fall on us.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Darn. I'm sorry to hear that. Well, you could always run away: the sky is not yet falling in Spain.
Chicken Little is over there then?
Yup. Actually several varieties of Little Chickens. I cannot comment further, lest I step over the border into Politicsland.
:eek:

Camino(s) past & future
Morning from Dublin, everyone. I didn’t start a countdown, Chris, but I expect you to blow in with the March wind soon... it is a bit miserable ( I am wearing my optimist hat today) weather-wise. I am so lucky. Today I get to help photocopy minutes of monthly meetings from 2014, so that will keep me toasty warm indoors. You do not want to know why. Shame about using the paper but no other way around it. Sorry, trees.
last night two of us worked on this jigsaw. It measures approx 6x4 inches. Maybe 18 x 10 cm.
EBD2EF87-C0C3-47BF-B97F-E30035868F3E.jpeg

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
I am so lucky. Today I get to help photocopy minutes of monthly meetings from 2014, so that will keep me toasty warm indoors.
What fun. Well, you could always have a little more fun by randomly scrambling all the back pages before you staple them together. Who would know?
(Sorry....I can't help it. Busy work is soul deadening and I always want to push back against it....)
😇

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
What fun. Well, you could always have a little more fun by randomly scrambling all the back pages before you staple them together. Who would know?
(Sorry....I can't help it. Busy work is soul deadening and I always want to push back against it....)
😇
Why not staple all the back pages upside down.....😈

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
but 2019?
Actually the programme was quite good - he's better as a travel presenter than in his former career.
He was even granted access to see the cathedral's copy of the Codex Calixtinus. The curator wore cotton gloves and managed to keep Portillo's grubby mitts off of it. It's a pet peeve of Daughter No1 - why would you allow someone to touch a nine hundred year old book with their bare hands?

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%