A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
It’s a little bit celebrity orientated I think Peter!
More aimed at the viewing public..the jury is out here too!
So maybe I can survive without seeing it? That is always my yardstick: will it add a cubit to my span of life? Next time I want some new oilcloth for the table I must ask in cubits. I can imagine the look on the face of the shop assistant!

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
So maybe I can survive without seeing it? That is always my yardstick: will it add a cubit to my span of life? Next time I want some new oilcloth for the table I must ask in cubits. I can imagine the look on the face of the shop assistant!
I think it will be 3.00 on a Saturday afternoon on BBC2 Kirkie. For me it was good in parts.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
A suspicious person might think you'd faked that . . . but not me!

The wind we've got at present is SO tiring - goodness knows how the French cope with a Mistral!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I instantly Googled that (as you do) only to find it's a restaurant in Argostolion, Greece. I'm assuming it was the beans in the gigantes plaki that caused it?
I misspelt and have corrected JC. It is the wind on the SE side of France by the Pyranees. Sunbathing in the beach a windbreak is advised. Milder than the Mistral but still impressive.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.

Hello everyone.

Today was a truck up lucky day.

Mechanic took care of minor car repair free of charge.

I told the server at fast food restaurant the guy behind me was actually ahead of me. He placed his order. Then, I placed mine. At the cash register, the guy returned my gesture by paying for my order.

I’ve shared some of my challenges on this thread.

So, I figured I’d share a good one as well.

Lucky charms to all on the morrow.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
I feel so lost :oops:
Yeah. I was away a while and know what you mean.
Forget about catching up, @domigee. Just enter the stream anew. It hasn't changed much, anyway.
Warmly welcome back....we have missed you!
Today was a truck up lucky day.
Wonderful!
Good 'luck' that was completely deserved, by the sound of it....
🙏

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Yeah. I was away a while and know what you mean.
Forget about catching up, @domigee. Just enter the stream anew. It hasn't changed much, anyway.
Warmly welcome back....we have missed you!

Wonderful!
Good 'luck' that was completely deserved, by the sound of it....
🙏
You and I both know the “man upstairs” decided to show out.

And, I am grateful and thankful.

🙏🏽

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
Ohhhhhh...didn't realize....It's St Paddy's Day!
Happy day to you over there, @kirkie, and all~
Lá fhéile Pádraig sona dhaoibh!

(And very wise words, those @kirkie. Life is bizarre, What else to do but try to find the humor in it? Thank you.)CaptureSPD.PNG

Camino(s) past & future
Some adults really miss that too... two persons of my acquaintance cannot pass a parking machine or abandoned trolleys in shopping centres without giving it a go... money found peaked at €200 one year, and paid for books required for a course. Since the economic meltdown it has been far less lucrative but hope springs eternal.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
There are always the vending machines. I have to admit being tempted to check along the Frances.
Have some respect for the working dogs, wherever you go !
🤣😂😍
Priceless.
(I used to have BCs and even though they weren't herding dogs, I saw more than my fair share of videos of International Sheep Dog Trials. So I just sent this to a friend who not only has a house-full of herding Border Collies, but also happens to have 100% Irish ancestry. I was wondering what to poke her with for SPD this year. This is perfect.)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Ah yes.....I remember it well as the song goes.....
Or down the side of the settee

And as Kirkie says.....the shopping trolley..
I did try this one on Friday but other than getting a knife at it, the money wouldn't budge....and people DO start to stare after a while!!

Re the parking meters...in our borough all parking charges now paid by app so that's one source of income gone!
Try looking at the ground outside the paper shop....always a few pennies to be found.....the kids don't even bother to pick them up these days!
Charlie the hubby is quite a lucrative source though.....when he pulls something out of his pocket, a£5 or £10 will invariably appear........
That's why I always walk behind him!! .
I'm not silly! ...I'm a rich woman.

Camino(s) past & future
my hopefully final contribution to international peace: at least on this thread, today! I find it to be a well written account of an English woman reflecting on her experience of being English, in Ireland.
The only way that I think will work is to type in the following
gemma tipton how to make a new country your home. An option comes up for an article in Irish times of yesterday. Enjoy, especially expats in either direction.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ooooooooooooo.
An Elegant Trogon.
(That's what they're called. Really. Bird names can be goofy.)
Thanks, @nycwalking!

Sigh. Stop it, BB. You're confusing folks.
I said

(🤣)
I knew I should have looked it up first . I knew it.

Seriously, I knew it but didn’t.

Foiled again by BB!😂

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
OK. here's my little bit of goofiness for your mornings or evenings:
This little guy:
His scientific name is Wunderpus photogenicus.
Really.
Please don't even think of eating him. Not with a cool name like that.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
Ah, but contrary to @VNwalking’s request you could have had breakfasticus.
Ahh. To be more clear.
I didn't say he couldn't eat...just to please not even consider chowing down on Inky the Wunderpus.
But a mug of cafecus is essential.

Edit. . .How rude of me. I forgot to say: Good night, @nycwalking!

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Taking the lead from NYC.....
Hello darkness my old friend
I’ve come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sounds of silence

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
There are times when life is magical.

The last few posts on this thread echo time now.

It’s 1:29am and the sound of silence is broken by the chirping bird outside, the second hand on my red wall clock, and peaceful whirring of my ceiling fan.

Odd, sometimes the smallest moments bring the greatest joys.

Finally, off to sleep.

For many of you: Morning has broken.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
There are times when life is magical.

The last few posts on this thread echo time now.

It’s 1:29am and the sound of silence is broken by the chirping bird outside, the second hand on my red wall clock, and peaceful whirring of my ceiling fan.

Odd, sometimes the smallest moments bring the greatest joys.

Finally, off to sleep.

For many of you: Morning has broken.
So true NYC
The last few posts on the sound of silence made me smile

The sound of silence....wonderful words
So too....Silence is golden, but my eyes can see....another song but I can't remember who sang this one ...??anyone..BB is good at finding the songs

Silence definitely golden here today as I've lost my voice ....maybe a blessing for "himself"but either he's too nice or too scared to say so!!!!!

Camino(s) past & future
So true NYC
The last few posts on the sound of silence made me smile

The sound of silence....wonderful words
So too....Silence is golden, but my eyes can see....another song but I can't remember who sang this one ...??anyone..BB is good at finding the songs

Silence definitely golden here today as I've lost my voice ....maybe a blessing for "himself"but either he's too nice or too scared to say so!!!!!

Camino(s) past & future
Yes, seeing the tremeloes and “Chip” Hawkes (father of Chesney) and the recent “sound of silence” string had me reminiscing and thinking (and Chip was another I saw at the colston Hall...and a very good guitarist he was too.
Just for fun, and only because I (think) I know the answers, can anyone tell me which cinematic films the following actors made their cinematic debuts.
Jim Carrey
Jeff Goldblum and
Richard Dreyfuss
Google if you must!
You are too kind to offer freedom to use google! actually, I have just had to be very firm with a couple of websites inviting me to 'win' a Samsung something or other... pity I am and always have been an out and out apple aficionada!
This takes me back to the super duper word processor the parish priest passed on to me in the late 80s that was my launchpad into technology. It was an Amstrad. Yeah! for the not yet lost neurons!
And, incidentally, my cute father had seen it coming down the tracks and told my sister and myself: be there, don't be waiting on the sidelines!
Then, one morning during the night, when I was unable to sleep, I crept down to the tv and found a programme that was portraying what in fact was Mac, or Apple... I was so bowled over I just had to make an appeal to our cfo to give me the money to get me an Apple! and since them yes, I can and do use other platforms, but my home space is Mac, Apple, call it what you will...There is so much more our bits of hardware can do than we actually call on them to do for us, but hey! for as long as we have breath and finger mobility... aren't you glad, Bb, that you called this out of my subconscious? and th only nae I recognise is Richard Dreyfuss. I leave the rest to the younger cohort.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
You are too kind to offer freedom to use google! actually, I have just had to be very firm with a couple of websites inviting me to 'win' a Samsung something or other... pity I am and always have been an out and out apple aficionada!
This takes me back to the super duper word processor the parish priest passed on to me in the late 80s that was my launchpad into technology. It was an Amstrad. Yeah! for the not yet lost neurons!
And, incidentally, my cute father had seen it coming down the tracks and told my sister and myself: be there, don't be waiting on the sidelines!
Then, one morning during the night, when I was unable to sleep, I crept down to the tv and found a programme that was portraying what in fact was Mac, or Apple... I was so bowled over I just had to make an appeal to our cfo to give me the money to get me an Apple! and since them yes, I can and do use other platforms, but my home space is Mac, Apple, call it what you will...There is so much more our bits of hardware can do than we actually call on them to do for us, but hey! for as long as we have breath and finger mobility... aren't you glad, Bb, that you called this out of my subconscious? and th only nae I recognise is Richard Dreyfuss. I leave the rest to the younger cohort.
Sorry Kirkie..I deleted the post and googled to see if I was right (only two out of three).
I’ll repost the question as you were so quick.
Or better still I’ll give the two answers I got right. On second thoughts I’ll quickly pm so when (or if) you see the films you can keep your third eye out.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 25.0%