A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Right..as some of the members of this thread are so “whippet” fast I will repost a “just for fun” question which has a tenuous link to a previous subject. I got two out of three right.

Which films did the following actors make their cinematic debuts?

Jeff Goldblum
Richard Dreyfuss and
Jim Carrey.

And in what roles?
I managed two out of three without Mr.G...

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Right..as some of the members of this thread are so “whippet” fast I will repost a “just for fun” question which has a tenuous link to a previous subject. I got two out of three right.

Which films did the following actors make their cinematic debuts?

Jeff Goldblum
Richard Dreyfuss and
Jim Carrey.

And in what roles?
I managed two out of three without Mr.G...
Dreyfus: American Pie?

The rest no idea.

?

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
You took the words out of my mouth @kirkie.
And did anyone else notice that @nycwalking just took home another even hundred trophy to add to her stash?🏆
Without even a string of single letter posts....
Clever girl.:cool:

Edit~And that post about the puzzle?🤣😂
A good start to your day....mine's soon headed to bed....

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Dreyfus: American Pie?

The rest no idea.

?
Ok..I still didn’t understand your previous post so will give the two I knew.

Richard Dreyfuss was an (uncredited) student in “The graduate”. When the landlord confronted Dustin Hoffman at his flat door Dreyfuss was in the background as an “eavesdropping student.
Jeff Goldblum was credited in “Death Wish” as freak one...one of the attackers.
Jim Carrey I was wrong with...

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
And did anyone else notice that @nycwalking just took home another even hundred trophy to add to her stash?🏆

I didn’t notice meself!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

Night.🛌 @VNwalking.

That bird is still chirping from last night hope it doesn’t have insomnia. The chirp is decidedly quieter than last night.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ok..I still didn’t understand your previous post so will give the two I knew.

Richard Dreyfuss was an (uncredited) student in “The graduate”. When the landlord confronted Dustin Hoffman at his flat door Dreyfuss was in the background as an “eavesdropping student.
Jeff Goldblum was credited in “Death Wish” as freak one...one of the attackers.
Jim Carrey I was wrong with...
Waiting on Jim Carrey info. Speaking of whom, I have not seen in a movie in years.

Do you know what he’s lately done?

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Waiting on Jim Carrey info. Speaking of whom, I have not seen in a movie in years.

Do you know what he’s lately done?
Well if you are interested google would help. I thought his first role was in “Dead Pool” a Clint Eastwood film as a pop star found dead in his trailer...I was wrong.
It was only for fun and isn’t important.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
That bird is still chirping from last night hope it doesn’t have insomnia. The chirp is decidedly quieter than last night.
I have a Nightjar near my room and he (I assume it is a he?) calls all night long. It sounds like a little hammer. Chink chink CHINK. chink chink CHINK....
Night everyone!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Remember that side-by-side video I posted of Queen in real life and the same scene from the movie? I have something similar here. I hope you all have seen the greatest disaster movie ever, the 1980 comedy Airplane. I just blundered onto a YouTube video that shows that it is a scene-for-scene comedic remake of the 1957 movie Zero Hour. Incredible.

Youtube video id: 8-v2BHNBVCs

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Remember that side-by-side video I posted of Queen in real life and the same scene from the movie? I have something similar here. I hope you all have seen the greatest disaster movie ever, the 1980 comedy Airplane. I just blundered onto a YouTube video that shows that it is a scene-for-scene comedic remake of the 1957 movie Zero Hour. Incredible.

Youtube video id: 8-v2BHNBVCs
It is indeed, incredible! I would love to watch both films one after the other!

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Ah the endless inner playlist. On the Camino am I the only one who has tunes arising that I haven't thought of for literally most of my life? Stuff form childhood. It's remarkable.

And because I don't listen to music (not because I don't like it...but...), and because I can, I will change the subject.;)
Have you ever noticed...when you get an alert...it might say "There may be more posts after this..."
And always it says that about this thread.
But that's totally wrong.
Because here there will always be more posts after this.
Until someone decides to shut the thread. But that's another story.
Can we get to 10,000 this year, you think?

Time for bed...
Night everyone!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ah the endless inner playlist. On the Camino am I the only one who has tunes arising that I haven't thought of for literally most of my life? Stuff form childhood. It's remarkable.

And because I don't listen to music (not because I don't like it...but...), and because I can, I will change the subject.;)
Have you ever noticed...when you get an alert...it might say "There may be more posts after this..."
And always it says that about this thread.
But that's totally wrong.
Because here there will always be more posts after this.
Until someone decides to shut the thread. But that's another story.
Can we get to 10,000 this year, you think?

Time for bed...
Night everyone!
Your goodnight is my good morning.

On camino number two I sang commercial jingles with fellow USofA pilgrims.

Nice!

10,000 would be nice.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Hello fellow club mmbers, peeps, and peps (as Yaying says)!
I am home now and hope to start interacting with all of you again!
I'm hoping to keep the little imp in me down to a bare minimum if possible after Peter posted that horrible picture awhile back.😉
I always thought an imp was a little girl with a mind of her own...not a creature of the underworld! 😂
CC

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Super glad you’re back!

Pray you time off was lovely and refreshing.

An Imp always seemed to me like Pippi Longstocking.
Awww, I loved Pippi Longstocking! I agree she is more like what I would consider an imp to be, too! Yeah, that's more like it...I'm gonna go with that! Thanks, NYC!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
We are now on Daylight Savings, so not sure I can stay up the extra hour for some of the 9:30pm interactive banter time I always enjoyed as it becomes 10:30 here when I usually ended my chats. Oh well, I can always look at the messages in the morning instead. It will be nice to engage again!

Camino(s) past & future
We are now on Daylight Savings, so not sure I can stay up the extra hour for some of the 9:30pm interactive banter time I always enjoyed as it becomes 10:30 here when I usually ended my chats. Oh well, I can always look at the messages in the morning instead. It will be nice to engage again!
Good to see you back in fighting form, Chris. As the days passed I wondered if you had been transported into another dimension. No, not true. I knew you would be back!
728DE4DC-82AE-4764-903E-01B94A3A8B1F.jpeg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
hahaha, and hope we always re-thread it😍

very good morning!
Hi vdaughter! My mom always had to re-thread the hems of my skirts in junior high school as they were always starting to unravel. I was a tomboy and not very dainty so I didn't care too much about girly clothes.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Good to see you back in fighting form, Chris. As the days passed I wondered if you had been transported into another dimension. No, not true. I knew you would be back!
View attachment 53531
I love that picture, Kirkie, and thank you for welcoming me back!...just call me Pippi! 😉 I'm up a bit late for tonight, unpacking, etc., not sure about tomorrow though!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
i am always mistakenly to that when i was teenager coz i like short hair, i get mess up and rumbles on boys, and stole my elder's brother bicyle, i like toy cars than a doll, not until after 30 i find hello kitty is cute
I totally relate, you are a chip off the old block since I am your vmom! I didn't like dolls and preferred climbing trees and jumping off roofs with cardboard wings I'd made to try to fly.😂

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I totally relate, you are a chip off the old block since I am your vmom! I didn't like dolls and preferred climbing trees and jumping off roofs with cardboard wings I'd made to try to fly.😂
If you all recall that other imp had wings!🤣

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
I had the bright idea to try to use a cardboard box as a sled on the steep rocky hillside above our driveway.
What could possibly go wrong?

(My Mom was not best pleased when I tumbled through her roses at the bottom of the hill, totally out of control and without the box. Between the rocks and the thorns I was lucky she was an RN.)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I had the bright idea to try to use a cardboard box as a sled on the steep rocky hillside above our driveway.
What could possibly go wrong?

(My Mom was not best pleased when I tumbled through her roses at the bottom of the hill, totally out of control and without the box. Between the rocks and the thorns I was lucky she was an RN.)
I like your story a lot, VN!
That could'a been me, too, but my mom was no RN! I had a coat that was vinyl (not leather) when I was about 12 years old. I used to ride down the snow hill on my back like a turga! I thought that was so cool as I didn't have to drag a sled back up the hill each time. I could go really fast!

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
I used to ride down the snow hill on my back
We didn't have snow. Just mud.
Mudsliding after or during a storm was great fun, down a hill in a pasture where there were little dirt trails made by the horses or cows. Thing was, at the end of the day you had to face the music...
":mad:You are NOT getting in this car!!:mad:"
We did it anyway.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
We didn't have snow. Just mud.
Mudsliding after or during a storm was great fun, down a hill in a pasture where there were little dirt trails made by the horses or cows. Thing was, at the end of the day you had to face the music...
":mad:You are NOT getting in this car!!:mad:"
We did it anyway.
😁😂😀

Camino(s) past & future
NYC, do you have a childhood memory to add? It can be anything, of course.
Same with all of the rest of you who participate on the Not!
Well, going into the deepest recesses of a 71+ brain... did I tell you before that my nickname was troublemaker? Yes. I have travelled a long way since then. The instinct is still active, though! I already alluded to my stupid practice of wearing my sister's clothes while she was away at college, and when she got home at the weekend and the zip was broken, trying to act the innocent: Who? Me?
I do still remember, though, this one stinking event. I went through a muddy, rotten, stinking swampy field with some friends. Upon reaching home, I hid my shoes at the bottom of the wardrobe. Eventually, the smell escaped into the bedroom and my mother unearthed the shoes... rotten, stinking, mucky, hah! Me? No! Never!
Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 11.40.16.png

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, going into the deepest recesses of a 71+ brain... did I tell you before that my nickname was troublemaker? Yes. I have travelled a long way since then. The instinct is still active, though! I already alluded to my stupid practice of wearing my sister's clothes while she was away at college, and when she got home at the weekend and the zip was broken, trying to act the innocent: Who? Me?
I do still remember, though, this one stinking event. I went through a muddy, rotten, stinking swampy field with some friends. Upon reaching home, I hid my shoes at the bottom of the wardrobe. Eventually, the smell escaped into the bedroom and my mother unearthed the shoes... rotten, stinking, mucky, hah! Me? No! Never!
View attachment 53552
Kirkie, I have a similar story about wearing my older sister's clothing! Gloria was two years older and had her first job at age 16 and started buying herself some really nice clothes. She left for high school before me to junior high each day and "usually" arrived home after me. I thought I could get away with borrowing one of her new favorites and then get it put it back in the closet before she arrived...not so! She was home early and reamed me out big time! I was guilt ridden and have never forgotten how angry she was at me for sneaking her clothes!😐

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
At a Boy Scout camp in winter I went sliding down a trail on a saucer that was rotating and my head hit a tree. On the way back up I noticed that I scarred the tree.
Now I finally know what's wrong with you, Rick! 😂 (Totally kidding, but I couldn't resist...you set yourself up for that one!)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Did no damage to me other than a little hair loss to the bark of the tree. And I knew it would be you. :p
You "think" no damage to you...Of course it was me who noticed! Zing, zing, zing! I am the "I", but I'm trying to be kinder...did you notice?

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Childhood stories.
29th March 1967 0700.
I was a keen cyclist and had my first bike. Asked my parents if I could cycle to Folkestone..answer No!
Well one Saturday I crept out of the house, knowing we were going to Folkestone on the Tuesday and pedalled. An adventure for a twelve year old (soon to be thirteen). I cycled, watched a football game (Westenhanger...who they?).
Anyway the story is far too long to recount here but spent the night in the travellodge (aka Basingstoke Police Station) and made the local news. People came into the Police Station wanting to see the little boy who had cycled so far bringing me hamburgers and hot dogs.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
are you sure that there was "only" mud on those little cow and horse trails
Horses will be horses...and cows...well, you know.........
🐎🐄🐂🐃
I noticed that I scarred the tree.
No comment. Just needing clarification. Scarred? Or did you actually mean to say scared? (Running tree emoji...)
Anyway the story is far too long to recount here but spent the night in the travellodge (aka Basingstoke Police Station) and made the local news. People came into the Police Station wanting to see the little boy who had cycled so far bringing me hamburgers and hot dogs.
Things have changed, BB. On the Camino, they don't give you free food just because you've come so far.....
Sorry to break this to you...

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
NYC, do you have a childhood memory to add? It can be anything, of course.
Same with all of the rest of you who participate on the Not!
Gosh, there’s climbing the sticky fence, gooey stuff on fence used as a deterrent to climbing it, to get into creek. The smell should have been deterrent, but no.

When helicopters flew overhead we, my cousins, friends, and I, would flatten ourselves so as not to be seen. The creek was not to be entered by anyone.

We would amble down concrete side, walk through slippery algae putrid water to purloin fruit from neighbors trees. We could have easily walked around creek to get such goodies, but that would have taken fun out of life.

Now, said creek has been rehabbed. There’s a lovely bike bath taking one straight to the beach with pretty flowers and rest stops along the way.

And, the smell no longer bowls you over.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Good story, NYC! Every memory shared so far seems to have a little "Pippi" in them...hmmm, I don't think I've been the only michevious one in the Not Serious club!
My mom stole pencils and their cases as a child. She often ribs my by saying, “bet you didn’t have lots of pencils and pencil cases when you were little”. I love chiming back, “no, I didn’t because my mom didn’t steal me any”.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Horses will be horses...and cows...well, you know.........
🐎🐄🐂🐃
No comment. Just needing clarification. Scarred? Or did you actually mean to say scared? (Running tree emoji...)

Things have changed, BB. On the Camino, they don't give you free food just because you've come so far.....
Sorry to break this to you...
😀 but I did get a “full English breakfast” and a mug of tea in the morning.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
I hope you.....

Have a lovely day..
Oh Peter,
This is one of my favourite songsI it's full of hope,embracing life, opening ones mind and often just taking that chance, and not being afraid to metaphorically climb that mountain in the distance....whatever that mountain may be ..and to wonder at the beauty when we see it ...and to do what's right at the time

I have indeed often danced to it and in my mind, just singing it to my daughters and grandsons....as if to say just "go for it".....and embrace our world.

In fact.....and sorry as this is the not, not so serious bit........I have asked if this song can be played at my funeral....all in good time folks. ...the CD ready and the words already typed out!!!
Time it put on the CD!!
Now back to the "Not" ....had a long walk today so maybe my mind is addled!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Oh Peter,
This is one of my favourite songsI it's full of hope,embracing life, opening ones mind and often just taking that chance, and not being afraid to metaphorically climb that mountain in the distance....whatever that mountain may be ..and to wonder at the beauty when we see it ...and to do what's right at the time

I have indeed often danced to it and in my mind, just singing it to my daughters and grandsons....as if to say just "go for it".....and embrace our world.

In fact.....and sorry as this is the not, not so serious bit........I have asked if this song can be played at my funeral....all in good time folks. ...the CD ready and the words already typed out!!!
Time it put on the CD!!
Annette, I'm so glad you join us on the Not here and there. I really enjoy your contributions. Your comments often get me thinking in a new direction!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. Next: Gd St Bernard to Rome
Oh Peter,

Time it put on the CD!!
Lovely song and... very moving. ❤

Peter Fransiscus

Be proud of who you are.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Oh Peter,

Time it put on the CD!!
It's not all laughter Annette thats why this thread is so succesfull we can be so Serious, thats "wonderfull, Beautiful or whatever name you wanna give to it "
Thank you 🙏💕

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
I think customers are supposed to take the roll into the store's public restroom, give it "a go", then return it to said lady for the next potential buyer to test out. I'd want to wear gloves too for when they hand it back!😜
Chris,
How I definitely know you're taking the mick!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
This looks like Superman’s eye.

Do you know why Superman failed the eye test?

He was reading the chart in the next room.🤣
This is awesome, NYC! How did you come up with that, so perfect of a reply!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I,I....aye aye!..eye eye!

View attachment 53578

Sometimes a “third eye” is needed!
That pirate could use a "second foot" as well!
EDIT- I just noticed that he needs a "second hand", too!
Poor guy...he is truly a disabled chap! I'm sure he lost his limbs in battle stealing someone elses gold...guess I don't feel too sorry for him after all!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I had to look that one up. It is related to "Taking the piss" described here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taking_the_piss
Rick, I had to look it up, too, before giving it a "like" as I had no clue! These UKers on the Not often have slang words and terms we know nothing about. I've never googled so much in my life on words and definitions! Thank goodness the majority of the dictionaries are "English" so we get the right context!

Camino(s) past & future
Rick, I had to look it up, too, before giving it a "like" as I had no clue! These UKers on the Not often have slang words and terms we know nothing about. I've never googled so much in my life on words and definitions! Thank goodness the majority of the dictionaries are "English" so we get the right context!
Rick and Chris,
Yes you are both right

Now whilst I've always thought that taking the mick was of Irish origin...it seems that it's a form of cockney slang....remember cockney slang a few weeks ago!!!!
As in ...Taking the Micky Bliss....a name of unknown origin ...thus ....taking the piss

In Ireland, it's always ...taking the Mick that I've mostly heard.....or in the UK the pee one!
This phrase is well known also in Australia and NZ ......a lot of Irish and British were shipped off there in years gone by!!
But that's another story!!!

However if one wants to be less crude I suppose then......."Taking the Michael" is often said

Heavens.....we'll be kicked off this form for all the P words!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Rick and Chris,
Yes you are both right

Now whilst I've always thought that taking the mick was of Irish origin...it seems that it's a form of cockney slang....remember cockney slang a few weeks ago!!!!
As in ...Taking the Micky Bliss....a name of unknown origin ...thus ....taking the piss

In Ireland, it's always ...taking the Mick that I've mostly heard.....or in the UK the pee one!
This phrase is well known also in Australia and NZ ......a lot of Irish and British were shipped off there in years gone by!!
But that's another story!!!

However if one wants to be less crude I suppose then......."Taking the Michael" is often said

Heavens.....we'll be kicked off this form for all the P words!!
Annette, you can be so funny! Thanks for the additional P lesson. Even more than my own googling provided...now if I can only remember it!

Camino(s) past & future
Annette, you can be so funny! Thanks for the additional P lesson. Even more than my own googling provided...now if I can only remember it!
Even though the Englisk, Irish, and Americans all speak the same language.... the same words for each of us can often mean different things .....
Eg.....the Americans say ..."Hamburger".....but there's no ham in the burger.....

I must try and look up different words and phrases that mean the same thing .......or maybe the same words and phrases that mean different things...
Now I'm confusing myself, but then that wouldn't be too hard I suppose

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Now we know why bears go in the woods.🙃
The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.

They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.

Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.

It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat. Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

[Edit: Oh. Oh. NYC wasn't careful enough and I got the 37th century post.]

Last edited:

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 161 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%