A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Chris

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
On a serious note, a seasoned park ranger was killed in Glacier National Park about two years ago while riding his mountain bike on a trail in the park.
In another incident a yearly sponsored event for a high school cross country team running on trails in the park saw an ending to one youth's life as he was pursued by a grizzly and killed. 😐

Last edited:

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
Just noticed the price ticket for the toilet rolls..is that right?? Seriously????
It's to lure the suckers who think that the more thay pay for something the better it is.
And there's a special reserve stash (price not listed) for the plutocrats - with gold edging, to go with their gold-plated commodes.
[Edit: Oh. Oh. NYC wasn't careful enough and I got the 37th century post.]
Hee hee hee...
not even dreaming of changing the subject, name this beast...he and his progeny have been spotted along the Royal Canal in Dublin and beyond.
She's not an otter, not a mink -them's rodent teeth!
An interloper from somewhere else, like maybe a muskrat?

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
It's to lure the suckers who think that the more thay pay for something the better it is.
And there's a special reserve stash (price not listed) for the plutocrats - with gold edging, to go with their gold-plated commodes.

Hee hee hee...

She's not an otter, not a mink -them's rodent teeth!
An interloper from somewhere else, like maybe a muskrat?
Well no wonder you have to wear gloves to touch the overpriced papyrus!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Or why there are such crazy things like why we park in a driveway but drive on a parkway.
We drive on the freeway!
The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.

They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.

Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.

It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat. Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

[Edit: Oh. Oh. NYC wasn't careful enough and I got the 37th century post.]
Mountain lions will get you here in hills of Los Angeles. A few years back a male teacher went missing. A few weeks thereafter a woman fought with same lion over her gal pal. Lion had the face she had the legs. She won with help of passing cyclists.

Rangers went looking for rogue lion: found his lair and teachers wear. Sad.

I missed too many.

4,000, um?

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I've got to say goodnight.
This daylight savings time doesn't work so well for these late evening chats as when Yaying, my vdaughter, joins in, it's an hour later now for me. I will have to see any posts you all make in the morning.
Bye-ee. 🙋

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
I must try and look up different words and phrases that mean the same thing .......or maybe the same words and phrases that mean different things...
Now I'm confusing myself, but then that wouldn't be too hard I suppose
Here is one ,
Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
I keep telling you the price is in rupees!
;)
And we keep ignoring you, because we know this would never happen in India.
Please don't make me explain why but here is a link that will....
Definitely not rupees.

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?
Very funny! 🤣 I hadn't noticed that.
Beats me Peter. Go figure.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
;)
And we keep ignoring you, because we know this would never happen in India.
Please don't make me explain why but here is a link that will....
Definitely not rupees.

Very funny! 🤣 I hadn't noticed that.
Beats me Peter. Go figure.
VN, I actually know this about India. I had a missionary friend who served there years ago and I was given all the details on the use of the right hand and the left hand! I was just being nonsensical!

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
Me too, Chris...I'm sorry if it came across as harsh - it wasn't meant that way.
It was more about imagining the impossibility of gold-plated TP in India than about correcting you.
Sometimes I think you peeps think I am pretty dumb...and sometimes I am!😅
And so say all of us...welcome to the Sometimes Dumb Club.
I love how you are unapologetically you, Chris.

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Me too, Chris...I'm sorry if it came across as harsh - it wasn't meant that way.
It was more about imagining the impossibility of gold-plated TP in India than about correcting you.
And so say all of us...welcome to the Sometimes Dumb Club.
I love how you are unapologetically you, Chris.
Awww, thanks, VN! I've enjoyed having you back in this little club!

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Awesome Facts about the PLATYPUS!

For anyone who wants to learn something new about this unique and strange creature!

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Awesome Facts about the PLATYPUS!

For anyone who wants to learn something new about this unique and strange creature!
Just outside the top ten was...a platypus can be written on and rolled up!

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
hehehehe, an me thought, im block again...but i was serious looking for the 2nd page ..... guffaw🤪😅

nyti nyti 2u vmom & @nycwalking

a blessed sunday i wish to all of u and rest dear to u!
Good night, Yaying! Sweet dreams and happy Sunday! ❤, vmom

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Possibly more practical..follow the yellow brick road 🎼

View attachment 53681
Practical? No thanks...we ladies love our shoes! We prefer stilettos over clunky hiking boots, hands down! This pair with the red accents would be perfect with red hosiery! Oh, yeah!Screenshot_2019-03-24-06-24-50.jpg

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
It's a video Chris. Watch the video. It has a recommendation that you may find useful.
Hilarious, Rick! I don't know why I didn't notice it was a video! I think I was just too enamored with those shoes!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Hilarious, Rick! I don't know why I didn't notice it was a video! I think I was just too enamored with those shoes!
Fantastic, right? Ankle support but still breathable. I suggest ordering them in camouflage though if you are going to wear in bear country. Also go for the bells on the toes option.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
More than half of the UK and untold others watching from the sidelines are probably wishing we had this kind of red shoes right now.😰
No thanks...we ladies love our shoes! We prefer stilettos over clunky hiking boots, hands down!
Oooo, sorry, Chris, please count me out. I think most fashionable shoes are just plain stupid - even the red ones with hunk legs attached.
Which means I'm off the hook. I do not have to act like a lady because clearly I'm not one.
🤪🤣

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
More than half of the UK and untold others watching from the sidelines are probably wishing we had this kind of red shoes right now.😰
Oooo, sorry, Chris, please count me out. I think most fashionable shoes are just plain stupid - even the red ones with hunk legs attached.
Which means I'm off the hook. I do not have to act like a lady because clearly I'm not one.
🤪🤣
Actually VN, I am totally with you on this! I have not owned a pair of heels over 2" tall for many years. Comfort is my best friend in shoes! I just like to act rediculous and razz Rick whenever I get the chance...and he provides me ample opportunities!😛

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Actually VN, I am totally with you on this! I have not owned a pair of heels over 2" tall for many years. Comfort is my best friend in shoes! I just like to act rediculous and razz Rick whenever I get the chance...and he provides me ample opportunities!😛
You are all invited to see my Nike shoe collection.

Living in NYC, my shoe wear was for flight, fight, or comfort. New Yorkers walk everywhere.

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You are all invited to see my Nike shoe collection.

Living in NYC, my shoe wear was for flight, fight, or comfort. New Yorkers walk everywhere.
Will you be posting a photo from your closet for viewing of all those footwear choices, or did I already miss seeing it?

Last edited:

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well that’s given me a lot of footwear choices.
Thinking hard about this new”osprey” backpack option

View attachment 53701
I have an Osprey backpack exactly like that one...only mine is turquoise! It's fantastic so you need to look no further! It's only negative is that it has to be a checked bag as it's just a tad too large for the overhead!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I have an Osprey backpack exactly like that one...only mine is turquoise! It's fantastic so you need to look no further! It's only negative is that it has to be a checked bag as it's just a tad too large for the overhead!
Turquoise is my favorite color.

Choir singing. Offering.

Got to go.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Thank heavens for that Chris....I am so gullible and really believed what you said about the stilettos .....and ladies liking them ..I'm defiantly no lady then as anything over an inch high would do me serious damage!!

I did try on the daughters pair, just for fun and nearly toppled over
Mind you, at 5ft and getting shorter by the day , I could really use a pair of stilettos
Apart from walking shoes, I haven't bought a fancy pair of shoes for years.......and years.....and years.

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thank heavens for that Chris....I am so gullible and really believed what you said about the stilettos .....and ladies liking them ..I'm defiantly no lady then as anything over an inch high would do me serious damage!!

I did try on the daughters pair, just for fun and nearly toppled over
Mind you, at 5ft and getting shorter by the day , I could really use a pair of stilettos
Apart from walking shoes, I haven't bought a fancy pair of shoes for years.......and years.....and years.
Hi Annette,
That's what I like about this forum. I don't think there are too many "hoity toitys" on here. (That's an English expression, I think!) I probably stopped wearing high heels at about age 45 and don't think any of mine qualified as stilettos even back then! I am 5'4" btw.
P.S. I am very gullible, too! Once I even believed it when someone told me David Attenborough does stunts on Planet Earth videos and he is 90+...now that's gullible!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Possibly more practical..follow the yellow brick road 🎼

View attachment 53681
I love that those boots are RED!

🎼"These boots are made for walkin', and that's just what they'll do.
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you....start walkin'!"🎼
Nancy Sinatra

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

Camino Chris

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I never really noticed how lovely is your avatar.

On my I rarely wear heels but these Nike sticks are to die for., no poles needed.

And, next winter camino, I can switch out boots for these!🤣
Touche'...like, like, triple like!

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 146 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 247 25.2%