A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
hahaha, one day i walked home barefoot for 30 minutes, after attending a wedding wearing one inch heel
Yes, they can be painful and I believe true stilettos are 4" heels. I think I've even seen gals wear 5" ones on downtown streets.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
oh no, i mean it's ban also the utube link here in QA, i haven't watch any of it except few trailer about it.

p.s. shhhhh, i asked already back home to find for me pirated cd though nyahahaha
Does Qatar ban all religious info? If so, a very oppressive land. 😐

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
a blessed goodmoraftnight i leave to each one of u...

p.s.
can u share with me ur most admire movie/tv series character...
mine is from walking dead
View attachment 53757
Hmm, I'll have to think about that awhile! Don't know if I can name just one...how about a dozen favorites!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
can u share with me ur most admire movie/tv series character...
I have a hard time grading things but I really liked Detective Arthur Dietrich on the Barney Miller show. I have had a couple of people mention a similarity between him and me (but that was 40 years ago.)

Short YouTube clip:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Rick, I can sooo see you in him...at least the glimpse of yourself you give us on the Not! I'm sure your friends are right!...
Basically, you just told us you really love yourself!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Happy Tuesday everyone! It is really funny to look in sometimes, and see all the stuff! Did you see the post about the personal Camino Marker? Such a lovely idea. yaying, you could take a screenshot and keep it on your desktop... until the day - if you really wish upon a star- when you will actually be there. Finisterre. Santiago. I was chatting to a young woman the other day who told me she is seven years on the dry. That means, clean of drugs, and clean of alcohol. She said she has never been on a holiday. Then she said: I smoke, so maybe... If she can stop smoking, maybe she might have some money for a holiday. Priorities. And what is the most important priority? Truly?
Since I started this, others have posted. Pax, my friends, and thanks for a lovely space to share with you all.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Say, Chris, about that turkey thing. I can't help it. Since Ivar switched to the round avatars your beautiful shell picture at my first glances looks like a tom turkey's head with the brown tail feathers unfurled behind it.
View attachment 53760
By the way, last week a turkey was poking around our yard. Another animal to add to our list.
Yes, Rick I know it does, but only because you mentioned it! And you, my friend, look like an upside down abstract version of the same thing...just sayin'!
BTW, That shell is metal and mounted on that piece of etched wood. I took the picture of it somewhere near Vilafranca del Bierzo as I walked by.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Marianne is 5'2" and I'm 6'5" , it's a challance to walk together. 😉
Just saying.
I'll bet it is, Peter! I think I'd rather be in your shoes...slowing down rather than speeding up! Poor Marianne!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Happy Tuesday everyone! It is really funny to look in sometimes, and see all the stuff! Did you see the post about the personal Camino Marker? Such a lovely idea. yaying, you could take a screenshot and keep it on your desktop... until the day - if you really wish upon a star- when you will actually be there. Finisterre. Santiago. I was chatting to a young woman the other day who told me she is seven years on the dry. That means, clean of drugs, and clean of alcohol. She said she has never been on a holiday. Then she said: I smoke, so maybe... If she can stop smoking, maybe she might have some money for a holiday. Priorities. And what is the most important priority? Truly?
Since I started this, others have posted. Pax, my friends, and thanks for a lovely space to share with you all.
Just wonderful, Kirkie! In order to not sound repetitive I won't add in this time..."as usual"! 😉Oops, did it anyway!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Beautiful, Rick! You just gave me a good slam dunk...and also almost made me cry with that song. I think it's a little late for me to acquire a healthy dose of self esteem. Thankfully I have a wee bit in certain areas of my life...I just won't say which ones!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thanks, Rick. I am going to use this as our grace this evening. And some day, I really look forward to a message from Peg!
Kirkie, we already determined awhile back that Peg is not allowed to leave the basement and has no phone or computer down there. We will not be hearing from her so do not get your hopes up!

Honey Bee

Camino(s) past & future
Santiago June 2019
More mysteries of life:

Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?

Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?

Why do we put suits in a garment bag and garments in a suitcase?

Why do "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?

On walking:

"To understand a man, you should walk a mile in his shoes. If you're still bothered by what he says, it's okay, because you will be a mile away, and you will have his shoes."

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thats why we do long walks alone. She walked the Camino alone to.
Well, my husband met me in Santiago. We took the bus to Muxia, walked to Lires, spent the night, then we walked on to Finesterre. That was enough for him forever. He didn't catch the bug. At least you two can "talk camino" together!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
More mysteries of life:

On walking:

"To understand a man, you should walk a mile in his shoes. If you're still bothered by what he says, it's okay, because you will be a mile away, and you will have his shoes."
Wonderful post!

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
More mysteries of life:

On walking:

Brilliant!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Well, my husband met me in Santiago. We took the bus to Muxia, walked to Lires, spent the night, then we walked on to Finesterre. That was enough for him forever. He didn't catch the bug. At least you two can "talk camino" together!
Mine hasn't caught the bug either
He could never understand this Camino thing
Mind you chris we never really "talk Camino" apart from the practicalities

However........and fair play to him.......he's walked them all with me since 2005 and enjoyed them too as a long distance walk, and some lovely people that we've met We are both looking forward to the Invierno in June ....apparently the scenery is fantastic with very little Tarmac

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, having hubby "one foot in" is better than none! I've actually started appreciating my time away. I'd never been independent before, marrying at 19.

That's what I hear too, Annette, about the Invierno. I'll be anxious to hear from you when you get back!

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
😭 yup it same with the series i been hearing from u & nyc 'God friended me'
I missed show on Sunday. Watched Charles at 70 on PBS. 🙃
just bump to this, shall we?
View attachment 53729
A prince @yaying not a hothead!

I have a hard time grading things but I really liked Detective Arthur Dietrich on the Barney Miller show. I have had a couple of people mention a similarity between him and me (but that was 40 years ago.)

Short YouTube clip:
Barney Miller still good on syndication.

Mine hasn't caught the bug either
He could never understand this Camino thing
Mind you chris we never really "talk Camino" apart from the practicalities

However........and fair play to him.......he's walked them all with me since 2005 and enjoyed them too as a long distance walk, and some lovely people that we've met We are both looking forward to the Invierno in June ....apparently the scenery is fantastic with very little Tarmac
Enjoy Invierno.

Buen camino to you both.

After two wonderful days with octogenarians and my wee ten-year old cousin, I had a me day.

I went to the movies and missed such bouncy bingy banter.

BBC America news just mentioned something about a Nike scandal.

Pray not. Just purchased I, a pair of Nike sandals today. No scandal I.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ceiling at Museum of Art Deco in Salamanca.

View attachment 53806
Beautiful stained glass!
Watched "God Friended Me" last night. There are only 2-3 episodes left of this season. I sure hope it comes back in the fall. It leaves you feeling uplifted at the end of each week. And having it on a Sunday evening time slot is so appropriate.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I missed show on Sunday. Watched Charles at 70 on PBS. 🙃

A prince @yaying not a hothead!

Barney Miller still good on syndication.

Enjoy Invierno.

Buen camino to you both.

After two wonderful days with octogenarians and my wee ten-year old cousin, I had a me day.

I went to the movies and missed such bouncy bingy banter.

BBC America news just mentioned something about a Nike scandal.

Pray not. Just purchased I, a pair of Nike sandals today. No scandal I.
I'm curious NYC, how you have a 10 year old cousin...being a young mid fifties yourself! I can't quite wrap my brain around it, but as you know, I'm not always the sharpest tool in the toolbox! 😅

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I'm curious NYC, how you have a 10 year old cousin...being a young mid fifties yourself! I can't quite wrap my brain around it, but as you know, I'm not always the sharpest tool in the toolbox! 😅
She’s my first cousin twice-removed. Her grandmother is my first cousin, her mom is my first cousin removed by one generation, making her my first cousin removed via two generations.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Beautiful stained glass. Where is this located?
Watched "God Friended Me" last night. There are only 2-3 episodes left of this season. I sure hope it comes back in the fall. It leaves you feeling uplifted at the end of each week. And having it on a Sunday evening time slot is so appropriate.
I love the show as well.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
She’s my first cousin twice-removed. Her grandmother is my first cousin, her mom is my first cousin removed by one generation, making her my first cousin removed via two generations.
Still can't sort it out, but thanks for trying! What language are you speaking? Ha!
(I don't know what "once removed" means.) Case closed. 😄

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Greetings, friends!
I'm going to be less and less joining this thread...and not wanting to disappear without letting you all know.
Happy days to you all...and buen caminos a todos!
💖
Well, we've enjoyed you while we've had you, VN! You will be missed!
Pax

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Greetings, friends!
I'm going to be less and less joining this thread...and not wanting to disappear without letting you all know.
Happy days to you all...and buen caminos a todos!
💖
Your path is illuminated by the Milky Way.

Miss you already.

😓😓😓

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Good morning all,
I have posted elsewhere on the forum quite awhile ago my walking plans for spring, but I thought I would share them here with all of you.
I will be in Portugal from April 15th thru May 15, walking with my son. First we will be walking the Rota Vicentina Fisherman' Trail along the SW coast. Afterward we will head up to Porto to begin the Portuguese Camino, adding in the Spiritual Variant to Santiago.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Good morning all,
I have posted elsewhere on the forum quite awhile ago my walking plans for spring, but I thought I would share them here with all of you.
I will be in Portugal from April 15th thru May 15, walking with my son. First we will be walking the Rota Vicentina Fisherman' Trail along the SW coast. Afterward we will head up to Porto to begin the Portuguese Camino, adding in the Spiritual Variant to Santiago.
Morning Chris,
That sounds wonderful
A special time with your son

I walked part of the Camino some years ago with my daughter, to raise money for our local hospice ...she enjojoyed it so much and I was so proud of her as she had never walked a step before this ...she still talks about it and now wants to walk the whole Camino with her husband .....

It's so easy to catch this bug!!!
People need to be careful with this infection you know!!!!!!!
Keep the forum posted as you journey along

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thanks Annette. I usually send a daily email with a couple of photos to family and friends, which I will do again. I usually just do a final recap on the forum when I get back. If interested in being added to the daily email you can let me know as I already have your email.

Last edited:

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/?/Invierno ('19)
Are you going on a walk? 😎 Which one?
Uh-huh.:)
Just a little one.;)
Beginning with the Vasco Interior, and ending with the Invierno. Unfortunately not enough days free to do everything in between, but depending on time...well, it'll be something. I haven't decided yet exactly what, though of course there are plenty of ideas.
I am getting excited, even though I will not start until mid-May. And...it will be busy between now and then...hence (in all likelihood) the vanishing act. I have to keep the time wasting to a minimum.;););)

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 152 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 253 25.1%