A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Uh-huh.:)
Just a little one.;)
Beginning with the Vasco Interior, and ending with the Invierno. Unfortunately not enough days free to do everything in between, but depending on time...well, it'll be something. I haven't decided yet exactly what, though of course there are plenty of ideas.
I am getting excited, even though I will not start until mid-May. And...it will be busy between now and then...hence (in all likelihood) the vanishing act. I have to keep the time wasting to a minimum.;););)
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.😘

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Good morning all,
I have posted elsewhere on the forum quite awhile ago my walking plans for spring, but I thought I would share them here with all of you.
I will be in Portugal from April 15th thru May 15, walking with my son. First we will be walking the Rota Vicentina Fisherman' Trail along the SW coast. Afterward we will head up to Porto to begin the Portuguese Camino, adding in the Spiritual Variant to Santiago.
Buen camino to you both.

👣👣😊

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I have to keep the time wasting to a minimum.
Well I know my posts are a waste of time but everyone else's are important to keep spirits up. So if you're a little down along the way come in for a visit will ya.

By the way, you got #3,900 and 3,900 x 4 = 15,600. Maybe we can get to 16,000 this year.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I just want to acknowledge Honey Bee's contribution: welcome to the zany gang. Zany? Anyway, sometimes serious, sometimes not so much. In any event, a place of refuge. Isn't that what we look for 'en camino'? All are welcome. Without credential, here in this thread! Your presence is the sign of that. Credo: I believe: credential: a sign of belief, of being genuine. That is enough for here. This thread allows for all sorts, but never arguments. No. The forum is here for every type of question, and this thread is for every type of just being yourself. But be careful! Tread carefully, lest you tread on my dreams! Vnwalking, go softly, and do pop in from time to time...

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Of course!:)
And Chris...by any chance will you be in Santiago in the middle of May? PM if you are...we could meet up and talk about elephants or something...
Happy progress to 16,000, everyone!

Hey! Well, how about that? Sorry to pip you at the post @nycwalking. But it's a good number to rest on.
VN, I will arrive in Santiago on May 13th in the afternoon, flying home on the 15th. Will you be there at that time? Would be great to meet you!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
And apropos of nothing, did you know you had glutes? I didn't! I do know now though. Yeah! Glutes for president! This is not (sorry, can't capitalise, against the forum rules) political. Get me the anti inflammatory....
Kirkie, I SOMETIMES do!

Honey Bee

Camino(s) past & future
Santiago June 2019
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm hoping to arrive in Spain on June 15 and stay until June 25. Due to Congestive Heart Failure, I cannot walk the Camino, but I want to be there on my milestone birthday on June 20. I can't wait to get to Santiago and Galicia. I want to sample all those wonderful foods I keep hearing about and sit in the plaza enjoying the warm sun and the warm hearted people from every nation.
I arrive in Barcelona and take the northern route to Santiago, then home from Madrid. The Camino has had my heart for a few years now, and this thread has given me many a chuckle. Good medicine! :)

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm hoping to arrive in Spain on June 15 and stay until June 25. Due to Congestive Heart Failure, I cannot walk the Camino, but I want to be there on my milestone birthday on June 20. I can't wait to get to Santiago and Galicia. I want to sample all those wonderful foods I keep hearing about and sit in the plaza enjoying the warm sun and the warm hearted people from every nation.
I arrive in Barcelona and take the northern route to Santiago, then home from Madrid. The Camino has had my heart for a few years now, and this thread has given me many a chuckle. Good medicine! :)
I was going to make a funny about leaving your heart in San Francisco then thought: no.

Super glad you’re here.

Enjoy Santiago.

Don’t forget rooftop your of Cathedral.

If you have time a day trip to lighthouse in Fisterra might be nice.

Buen camino however you go.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I was going to make a funny about leaving your heart in San Francisco then thought: no.

Super glad you’re here.

Enjoy Santiago.

I love the rooftop tour of the cathedral! First time it was in English and very interesting. The second time it was in Spanish as their was not one offered in English on that day. I still enjoyed the gorgeous views, but I unfortunately couldn't understand a word spoken by the guide...lovely all the same.

Peter Fransiscus

Be proud of who you are.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Well, my husband met me in Santiago. We took the bus to Muxia, walked to Lires, spent the night, then we walked on to Finesterre. That was enough for him forever. He didn't catch the bug. At least you two can "talk camino" together!
And Marianne was the first of us that walked a Camino .

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
And apropos of nothing, did you know you had glutes? I didn't! I do know now though. Yeah! Glutes for president! This is not (sorry, can't capitalise, against the forum rules) political. Get me the anti inflammatory....
Wasn’t that the guy in “Gladiator??...Glutus Maximus!

Attachments

Last edited:

Honey Bee

Camino(s) past & future
Santiago June 2019

Super glad you’re here.

Enjoy Santiago.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll see what I can work in. The tour keeps us "on the go". I might not get to Finisterre, but I think I will get to see the ocean at Rias Baixas.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Nice post, NYC! All these things are wrapped up in what the Camino means to so many of us.

Does anyone want to add to that list?
I"ll add a few of my own thoughts...
*Walking Camino(s) has a magical way of making me feel younger than I really am!
*I love seeing a village or city looming ahead an hour or more before I arrive, and then eventually it becomes tiny in the distance behind me after I leave.
*It's amazing to me how far our own feet can take us!
*I love meeting people from other countries and hearing about their lives and cultures.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
marhaba!
as the day goes by
the dawn patiently awaits
greeted the nightly dark sky
a rise of the sun that illuminates
the cycle of light & dark

goodmorafnight every1!

goodnight vmom & @nycwalking
morning @VNwalking
What a beautiful poem! Goodmoraftnight to you, vdaughter! 😚

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
As the warmer weather draws close (in Europe at least) it's time to think "summer footwear" and, no surprise, sandals are becoming more and more fashionable. In that light I offer you these (from today's Guardian newspaper)

A snip at just £440/€514/US$577 a pair.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
As the warmer weather draws close (in Europe at least) it's time to think "summer footwear" and, no surprise, sandals are becoming more and more fashionable. In that light I offer you these (from today's Guardian newspaper)

View attachment 53974

Offer them to yourself, Jeff!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

View attachment 53974

I’ll stick with my Nike spikey heels.

And, a round trip ticket to walk VdlP.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

View attachment 53974

Think that I'll stick with my stylish boots

After all , style and elegance is so very important on the Camino!!image.jpeg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I’ll stick with my Nike spikey heels.

And, a round trip ticket to walk VdlP.
If you are walking the VdlP you may want those "sturdy" shoes Jeff is promoting. I think he gets a hefty commission if he talks anyone into purchasing a pair.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
If you are walking the VdlP you may want those "sturdy" shoes Jeff is promoting. I think he gets a hefty commission if he talks anyone into purchasing a pair.
You know if I attach rocket boosters to those sandals, I could afford them and a wee dander on VdlP, no need for airfare.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No Woman No Cry song by Bob Marley , 1975 .
Ha, I was thinking of Bill Murray in "What About Bob". I have never listened to Bob Marley's music. All I know about him is that he was a Rastafan and a stoner!
Now you have put clarity on Yaying's post...thanks!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future

View attachment 53974

I’m seriously thinking about the red stilettos..
Boy that guy looked good!
And with the matching red socks I’ll definitely be “numero uno” in the Camino fashion stakes.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Good afternoon guys from sunny England..is that an oxymoron?
Positively basking in sunshine as I give the grass it’s first cut of the year and the daffodils 🌼 give spring it’s welcome!
Time to dust off the footwear of your choice and get that free oxygen in your lungs and blow away the cobwebs! Salud.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
but 2019?
Positively basking in sunshine as I give the grass it’s first cut of the year and the daffodils 🌼 give spring it’s welcome!
Time to dust off the footwear of your choice and get that free oxygen in your lungs and blow away the cobwebs! Salud.
Overcast in Kent but primulas and wood anemones in abundance in the woods this morning.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
As we drove home from Gulf Shores on March 1st there were wild daffodils in bloom peppered all along the back roads of Alabama. I was surprised as I'd never seen wild ones ever before and had always thought they were a bulb only planted in gardens...I think spring has finally sprung! Thanks, BB for drawing attention to this fine day. It's sunny here at my house, too...a good day for a long walk and a long think!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
but 2019?
By the way Jeff, please tell me where that “sale” is...I’ve got the kids upside down and giving them a good shake!

Edit: I work to a “two second rule”. What hits the ground is mine!
Designed by Chloé you can get these must have sandals from Matches Fashion although you should hurry, at that price they'll be sold out in a flash!

"Chloé’s footwear offering for Resort 2019 has a sporty inflection, channelled by the adjustable black woven straps which secure these graphic tan mesh Sonnie trainer sandals. They’re Italian-crafted with contrasting bright yellow suede panels and sit on a white rubber midsole and black rubber tread sole. Wear them with smart tailoring for a future-facing mood."

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
but 2019?
As we drove home from Gulf Shores on March 1st there were wild daffodils in bloom peppered all along the back roads of Alabama. I was surprised as I'd never seen wild ones ever before and had always thought they were a bulb only planted in gardens...I think spring has finally sprung! Thanks, BB for drawing attention to this fine day. It's sunny here at my house, too...a good day for a long walk and a long think!
Wild? You wouldn't want to make one angry - viscious little things!

Many years ago I worked on a highway project and there was a lot of effort put in to leaving your mark behind at the end of a project- you were not allowed to leave signboards up for too long (safety issues).

One engineer (not me) had the bright idea of planting daffodils in a pattern resembling the company's logo in the sloping grass bank alongside the motorway.

Every spring for many years the letters

for Balfour Beatty would magically appear in bright yellow letters 30 feet high.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Wild? You wouldn't want to make one angry - viscious little things!

Many years ago I worked on a highway project and there was a lot of effort put in to leaving your mark behind at the end of a project- you were not allowed to leave signboards up for too long (safety issues).

One engineer (not me) had the bright idea of planting daffodils in a pattern resembling the company's logo in the sloping grass bank alongside the motorway.

Every spring for many years the letters

XXXXXX XXXXXX
X X X X
X X X X
XXXXXX X XXXXX
X X X X
X X X X
XXXXXX XXXXXX

for Balfour Beatty would magically appear in bright yellow letters 30 feet high.
And on the railway embankment between Bath and Bristol a daffodil planting was done that when they bloomed the daffodils spelt out “Spring has sprung”.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
View attachment 53981

A nice rainbow on a dark day. Enjoy .
Thaaaaaaaank you.

A good while back, sometime last year. When I saw a rainbow, I just knew the Almighty was telling me: the night storms are over, and joy in the morning is on the way.

Peter,
It’s 7:49am, you’ve made my day!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%