A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
So now I've got it!
Jeffrey Thomas who comes from Crawley in Sussex......yes yes I know!
If yours causes confusion in Spain, then mine causes confusion EVERYWHERE!

I was christened Bridget Antoinette ....but always called Annette....so official documents were signed BA.and ..initially when working, my name badge would say Bridget.......
"Hi Bridget"
"Call me Annette"
"But your name badge says Annette!"
Ah, don't take any notice of that"

So I had to take it off and get a new one with Annette ......problem solved
Previously, at confirmation...another name but we won't go into that
And some years later, in another situation.....I was given a 4th name ...we won't go into that either

This was the done thing in Ireland at the time so not sure if this tradition still stands
My sister had the same problem
When the girls were born.........did I follow this tradition?
Not on your Nelly!!!

Mind you last week when I phoned the dentist...
"What's your name"?
"Well I could have registered as Annette...or maybe Bridget"
"I can't remember now"!

And so,, it continues.......
Chris, you can't confuse me like this you know

Jeff just told me that he's the Tom of the forum
And BB mentioned doubting Thomas
And my grandson is another Tom
Now you've brought another Tom into the equation!

That's it folks ...as Tom of Tom and Jerry says in the cartoons ...I'm off to get some sun on this bright and sunny day
See you later alligator...and best wishes to all Toms wherever they may be
After while, crocodile!Screenshot_2019-03-30-06-11-02.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
So now I've got it!

I was christened Bridget Antoinette ....but always called Annette....so official documents were signed BA.and ..initially when working, my name badge would say Bridget.......
"Hi Bridget"
"Call me Annette"

And some years later, in another situation.....I was given a 4th name ...we won't go into that either

This was the done thing in Ireland at the time so not sure if this tradition still stands
Not on your Nelly!!!

"What's your name"?
"I can't remember now"!

My mother was baptised Ellen Louise but was always known as Lou or Louie.

Towards the end of her life she was hospitalised for a long period and, in the touchy-feely world we now live in, was addressed not as Mrs Crawley but as "Ellen".

My sister was visiting one afternoon and the Staff Nurse called her to one side and asked if our mother had hearing problems as she would never respond to her name.

"Perhaps if you called her by the name she's always been known as you might get a response?"

Mum said "I keep hearing them say Ellen but never realised they meant ME."

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
Chris, you can't confuse me like this you know

Jeff just told me that he's the Tom of the forum
And BB mentioned doubting Thomas
And my grandson is another Tom
Now you've brought another Tom into the equation!

That's it folks ...as Tom of Tom and Jerry says in the cartoons ...I'm off to get some sun on this bright and sunny day
See you later alligator...and best wishes to all Toms wherever they may be
My sat-nav is TomTom . . .

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
guffaw, how come i forget that dog
I liked the Tin man in The Wizard of Oz. I've been exercising with 3 friends for 10 years and I tell people I am just "oiling my joints" like the Tin man!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
So now I've got it!

"Hi Bridget"
"Call me Annette"

Not on your Nelly!!!

"What's your name"?
"I can't remember now"!

Now this is confusing!! 😲😲😲

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I was christened Bridget Antoinette ....but always called Annette
I've had all sorts of problems with my given name. I always liked the name Jesse and only recently thought "Why didn't I legally change my name to that?" Just as well that I didn't though as then there would be the mixup with the masculine/feminine forms Jesse/Jessie and I saw the gender problems my brother had with his name. Using my middle name wouldn't help as there are a bunch of variant spellings of that (and my brothers-in-law have two different variants).

Rick works nicely, short, well-known and easy to spell.

For this following name confusion story know that one of my brothers-in-law is gay. ... Once, the day after a family gathering, Peg told me "Al...n told me the other day that he thought you were in really great shape." (Remember, this is a "Once upon a time" story). I had to reply "Please. Don't ever tell me which one."

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
So, Rick, what IS your real name? Not Rick, not Jesse...einie, meanie, minie, moe.

My given name is Christine, but since I mostly refer to myself as Chris, there have been folks on this forum who think I'm a man. I've had a few very interesting pm's. 😲

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I've had all sorts of problems with my given name. I always liked the name Jesse and only recently thought "Why didn't I legally change my name to that?" Just as well that I didn't though as then there would be the mixup with the masculine/feminine forms Jesse/Jessie and I saw the gender problems my brother had with his name. Using my middle name wouldn't help as there are a bunch of variant spellings of that (and my brothers-in-law have two different variants).

Rick works nicely, short, well-known and easy to spell.

For this following name confusion story know that one of my brothers-in-law is gay. ... Once, the day after a family gathering, Peg told me "Al...n told me the other day that he thought you were in really great shape." (Remember, this is a "Once upon a time" story). I had to reply "Please. Don't ever tell me which one."
I thought your name is "Ickr" cuz you New Englanders usually drop the R's and add them at the end.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
honestly at the beginning im one of them, but if that was only 'Cris' i may havent, coz mostly i know from my country is short for 'Cristina' & 'Chris' for 'Christopher'
Well, that's interesting and makes sense! I think younger people use the Cr more often, but my parents' generation always seemed to use the Ch version.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
babosh loving uman...
be preparing for our dark night tonight...
shhhh... i hate when their shutting electricity but lighting candle wax for an hour😠🤥
Candles have a nice glow, a very nice glow...especially just a single lovely candle flickering in the night. Look on the positive side, vdaughter!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
The next time you pop open a red can ponder on these facts:

Coca-Cola uses 9 liters of drinking water to produce just 2 liters of Coke*.
To produce the ingredients (sugar cane etc.) for that same 2 liters takes 600 liters of water
But this palls into insignificance when you consider that the manufacture of a single pair of LEVI jeans consumes a staggering 2270 liters of water

And we wonder why there are water shortages around the world!

*other sodas are available that are just as bad.
Stopped Coca-Cola years ago. But, waste water with a Rootbeer addiction.

Are you doubting Thomas???? Or are you doubting Jefficus?
I think he’s Tom Thumb looking to hitch a ride.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
A rare sight in California: springtime hills instead of sunburnt brown.View attachment 54148

It rained quite a lot this winter.
It looks like fall foliage! Beautiful, but where are the spring pinks, yellow and whites! I love California! Haven't been back for 15 years though!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I thought TomTom was an American Indian drum...not an English penguin in a tuxedo!
I just happened to google TomTom, and I was correct...it is a drum! Am I finally smart for a change or what?...so there!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I was on a side street.

🚗🚗🚗🚗🚙🚒🚗🛴🚲🚔🛵🏍🚖🚗🚕
That side street looks pretty busy to me! I'm sure this photo was snapped on your way HOME at 10am, not when you took the original photo at 7am. Everyone was still in bed then, especially on a Saturday morning!

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
It looks like fall foliage! Beautiful, but where are the spring pinks, yellow and whites! I love California! Haven't been back for 15 years though!
Don’t ever really see pinks, and whites, yellows now and then.

I just happened to google TomTom, and I was correct...it is a drum! Am I finally smart for a change or what?...so there!
You sew this thread along daily often solo.

That takes quite a bit of wit!

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
after inhaling those toxin carbon from candle lights last night.
I was imagining how lovely to be home in ph where we really have regular brown out (no electricity for 1-3 hours daily in the night, specially summer where source of electricity is at critical to be drought). I dreamed of things about 'seattle' (this was before knowing the Camino) through 'sleepless nights in seattle'. rushing this morning to search my long time once dream i was heart broken.

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
nyti nyti
Goidnoragmorning
after inhaling those toxin carbon from candle lights last night.
I was imagining how lovely to be home in ph where we really have regular brown out (no electricity for 1-3 hours daily in the night, specially summer where source of electricity is at critical to be drought). I dreamed of things about 'seattle' (this was before knowing the Camino) through 'sleepless nights in seattle'. rushing this morning to search my long time once dream i was heart broken.
goodnmorning yaying,
This is not restricted to Seattle unfortunately.
I would bet that every big city and town suffers the same. Even by accident our planet (land and sea) is suffering!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
vmom what is this? i want to check this as qatar have the 1st decathlon shop
Vdaughter, cheappie is just another word for inexpensive. It can be hiking poles or anything...how about plain old "cheap" or "el cheapo" (is that Spanish?), all mean the same thing!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
It's already Sunday morning and one hour less sleep.
Wish you good night. 🙏😴😴
This daylight savings has me going to bed earlier. Hard to stay up later to coincide with the other side of the pond🌊and world.🌎
🌃🌆🌇🌅 It's now morning, but still dark.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Vdaughter, cheappie is just another word for inexpensive. It can be hiking poles or anything...how about plain old "cheap" or "el cheapo" (is that Spanish?), all same thing!
Chris, I thought you were going to bed!
What time was that?
What time is it now?....there.....here
Where am I ?
This forwards/ backwards thing confuses me

When I was a District Nurse...twice a year ..I would "get it" so to speak..especially with those having Insulin for their diabetes

When the clocks went forward......."nurse, you are too early aren't you???
When the clocks went back...."nurse, you are a bit late aren't you??
Could never win...at least twice a year anyway!!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Annette, you are a real "treat" to have on this thread!
I try to be in bed by 11:00pm, which used to be 10:00pm before daylight savings. I unfortunately always wake up early, which is usually around 5:00-5:30am. So there you have it! I never take a nap.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Annette, you are a real "treat" to have on this thread!
I try to be in bed by 11:00pm, which used to be 10:00pm before daylight savings. I unfortunately always wake up early, which is usually around 5:00-5:30am. So there you have it! I never take a nap.
Yes I tend to wake early too..about 8am...that's early for me!
Now I'm about to get up as its nearly 12md....already had 3 cups of tea ..never get up before I've had the tea!
I've been reading the papers and just looking at the Internet and the cat gets upset if I move out too early!
My elderly neighbour.83 years old....brings us the paper...hubby does the tea ..so what's to get up for I ask myself...my excuse anyway!!

Now, is that being lazy...or being relaxed?? ........
Opinions please!!!
Will be doing some gardening today so time to head off for now

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
For all you mothers out there: Happy Mothers Day! My own mother died so long ago it doesn’t really hit me till something on the day makes it impossible to ignore it! I saw a young woman the other day on a bus, and she looked just ready to part with her bundle, of joy, I hope. Let all the love you have for your children take them as far as they can travel in their lifetimes.💐

Camino(s) past & future
For all you mothers out there: Happy Mothers Day! My own mother died so long ago it doesn’t really hit me till something on the day makes it impossible to ignore it! I saw a young woman the other day on a bus, and she looked just ready to part with her bundle, of joy, I hope. Let all the love you have for your children take them as far as they can travel in their lifetimes.💐
Thank you Kirkie for that and yes most of us have been blessed

Mind you, as a funny aside...there were indeed times when I could cheerfully have put them on a plane and sent them off as far as they could travel!!!

But then I'd want them back of course ...maybe!!
Now though as the grandchildren are here it starts all over again ...but this time we just help as much as we can and let our next generation "at it" ..

And it's OK to say.."Don't you have your own home to go to"!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Window shopping? Why windows? Don't you want trekking poles? ;)
No, that was NYC in the market for poles.
I believe you leave tomorrow to head south? Have a safe trip......We loved the "ick-r" thread, but see why you didn't want 100 red flag notifications while you are on vacation. Have a wonderful time.😂

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
fortunately im auto off and dont know what is after 9-930PM

regretful if i fall back to bed after that time, my next wake up will be noon time nyahahaha
This is all very confusing...even when it's explained to me! 😲

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
now triple word vmom hehehehe
im off to bed around 8pm maybe dozed off around 9pm
i always wake up before my alarm which is 5AM, if i sleep back after 5am my next week up is around 12noon
You’re off to bed and I’m waking up.🙃

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
now triple word vmom hehehehe
im off to bed around 8pm maybe dozed off around 9pm
i always wake up before my alarm which is 5AM, if i sleep back after 5am my next wake up is around 12noon
Well, this helps, but I don't know how many hours apart our time zone is. I'm near Chicago.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.5%