A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
We are on a 5 hour layover in London...boring.😛
Skies are gray, but I'm not surprised...this is England! 😂
Ha ha .....
Not for long....
Remember the song.....

All together now.."
"We're having a heatwave, a tropical heatwave ...la la la la la la la la ..la la ..la la la la la
Did I miss any la las?

Not sure how long it will last though as they can't tell the weather from one day to the next here!

Now I'm going to find this song on iTube but don't think that I can transfer it to the Not So ...

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Nursie was looking through the medical dictionary today and showed me the latest definitions that she had to learn for her exams...

View attachment 55153
Great...
I knew all of these......that's why I passed my exams ...with flying colours!!

I have even better ones but they could not be printed on a saintly forum such as this!!!
Might be arrested !!

Camino(s) past & future

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, you did it! And Chris by now will be near or at her lodging for the night...gosh, isn’t it so funny how so quickly all the miles and kilometres can be whooshed away in the twinkling of an eye...
Well, in 22 hours anyway! In the taxi now heading to the hostal!

Camino(s) past & future
May and October 2015
(2015 October)
June 2018 Portuguese
Oh, people, off to a great start! And I was totally confused and posted a message on the wrong thread! Can’t remember which one now...but it had to do with elephants. Cos if there is no mention of elephants, you need to check in with stgcph to find out what category the message needs to be relegated to. And I am woozy eyed trying to ‘teach’ a friend how to use zoom. She got it. Only an hour and a half. She is 81. Is that irrelephant?
Only if it isn't wearing red shoes.

Camino(s) past & future
May and October 2015
(2015 October)
June 2018 Portuguese
A little while ago I suffered a heart attack and woke up in hospital with an Irish nun looking down at me. Feeling rather poorly I brightened up and almost cheered when I remembered I had done a Camino in a holy year. At least I would get 50% remission if things took a turn for the worse:-}
The Nun disabused me of this notion!
I will now be doing another Camino for penance:-{
Is there something Genetically inherited in the Irish Diaspora that make Irish Nuns such a terrible spectre and 10 times worse than finding the banshee sitting on your headboard?
I am not even Catholic but the school I attended for 4th grade was next door to the Parish church. Father was out in front as we passed every morning and afternoon so I learned to cross myself and say "Good morning, (afternoon) Father" Teacher was Irish, so I also learned we are all displaced Irish and must wear green and such. Did not meet a nun until much later, but Miss Mulcairn filled in well. Felt right at home when I finally managed to visit Ireland. So, maybe the answer to your question would be 'yes'?!
Is this too serious?

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
The word tragedy is around at the moment, and it is causing me some concern. Words can be misinterpreted (yes, really!) so I just offer this image I found when I searched a moment ago: may it speak to all who look into this thread. Have a good day, friends!
View attachment 55199
Yes...a weed isn’t necessarily a plant growing in the wrong place!
A great metaphor K.

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
The word tragedy is around at the moment, and it is causing me some concern. Words can be misinterpreted (yes, really!) so I just offer this image I found when I searched a moment ago: may it speak to all who look into this thread. Have a good day, friends!
View attachment 55199
There is always hope for better day's 🙏

Camino(s) past & future
Flying doctor married a non-flying woman who gave birth to the Flying Nun.
Morning NYC
I haven't heard of the flying nun but I did know of the "singing Nun" many years ago.
Her song Dominique was quiet famous in Ireland..it was a very catchy song and we used to go around singing ....the first 3 words at least!!!!

The nun in question ....Jeanne Deckers was born in Brussels Belgium and took the name of Soeur Sourie when she joined the Dominican order of nuns.

She got permission to write and record the song Dominique in order to raise money for their Congo mission.
In fact, she beat the Beatles to the no.1 spot in the US charts

A film was then made of her life.....played by Debbie Reynolds

A sad ending however saw her leave the convent ....and after a time, she took her own life along with her partner.

I did listen to her singing on iTube this morning but couldn't manage to get it onto the forum

Camino(s) past & future

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
regretfully my tomorrow free time will be no internet for me🤪

ill be missing u and a grand party!

ill catch up on my kind of monday while your at saturday.

p.s.
spare some cake for me

vaya con dios compadres & comadres
Where’s the party and 🍰 cake yaying?
I’ve got my hat and knife and fork at the ready!

Camino(s) past & future
regretfully my tomorrow free time will be no internet for me🤪

ill be missing u and a grand party!

ill catch up on my kind of monday while your at saturday.

p.s.
spare some cake for me

vaya con dios compadres & comadres
Just let us know....
When
Where

Putting my best bib and tucker on now

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Morning NYC
I haven't heard of the flying nun but I did know of the "singing Nun" many years ago.
Her song Dominique was quiet famous in Ireland..it was a very catchy song and we used to go around singing ....the first 3 words at least!!!!

The nun in question ....Jeanne Deckers was born in Brussels Belgium and took the name of Soeur Sourie when she joined the Dominican order of nuns.

She got permission to write and record the song Dominique in order to raise money for their Congo mission.
In fact, she beat the Beatles to the no.1 spot in the US charts

A film was then made of her life.....played by Debbie Reynolds

A sad ending however saw her leave the convent ....and after a time, she took her own life along with her partner.

I did listen to her singing on iTube this morning but couldn't manage to get it onto the forum
Oh my, I never heard of singing nun.

The Flying Nun was a USA tv series. It aired in the 70’s starring Sally Field.

I guess the flying doc and his grounded wife had twins.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)

Well, too bad. I just sang the whole song. Can't upload it. Hope you have some consolation in the form of a glass of something. Bb did the right thing anyway, posting the original. Happy Tuesday! I am heading over to the coast tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to kilometres of sand to walk along. Will post photos of grains of sand. Ok?

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Well, too bad. I just sang the whole song. Can't upload it. Hope you have some consolation in the form of a glass of something. Bb did the right thing anyway, posting the original. Happy Tuesday! I am heading over to the coast tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to kilometres of sand to walk along. Will post photos of grains of sand. Ok?
Sand, can’t wait.

Seriously.🌞

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I’m expecting some pictures of water as well! 😀

Camino(s) past & future
Peter Fransiscus: thanks for your ipse dixit: do more than just exist. I will try, these next few days. I will be in a house looking out at the sea, till Easter Sunday. I will try to take your words with me, along with other words particular to these coming days...

Camino(s) past & future
Hah! Did it!
Yes you did!!
I would put Love it but I can't find the button .....
So many likes to you

Absolutely wonderful

Definitely the singing Nun....
The song keeps going round in my head

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

I LOVED the Flying Nun and have enjoyed all the movies Sally Fields was in. Norma Rae and Mrs. Doubtfire come to mind as two favs.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Mother Theresa was known around the world for her compassion and selfless life; an example of what just one willing individual can accomplish for the good of many. There are many unsung heros serving others in her shadow that we know not of who toil in our midst, as well.

Camino(s) past & future
Morning everyone, whenever it feels like morning for you. Today is a day for remembering many things, not least good company. And apart from remembering a broken promise - i said I would post a recipe a month to honour the existence of this thread - I also remember the original of a painting of one of the finest ways to celebrate friendship, which I saw in situ:
358A2F95-3717-428B-8775-66860C131DE5.jpeg

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Finally spring is here, so I crept out of my hole (shell) today and did a short (9K) warm-up walk. Very nice. Following the extreme dry summer last year, the water level in the central lakes is almost back to normal after the wettest March in decades. The four year long construction work on the new submerged metro station is finally completed and the lake bottom is restored. When walking by there is no sign that there is a big metro station under the water (to the left of the small island).

IMG_20190418_120557 ADJUSTED.jpgIMG_20190418_122050 ADJUSTED.jpgIMG_20190418_124553 ADJUSTED.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 253 25.0%