A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Good night you all. 🙏❤❤
Of course I love this image, Peter.
I’ve been of two minds lately.
And this quote...wonderful!
(Chris, when you get home you should print this and put it on your refrigerator. 😘
Certainly we should all print it on our hearts. If giraffes looked at elephants and thought judged themselves as being stupid because they couldn't pick up stuff with their noses...well...it's silly, but we do it all the time...)

And @nycwalking ? No worries. Living a life without boxes is the ultimate in genius.:cool:

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
@Turga...you're a true Dane.
Questioning the order of things, and managing to find and combine the best of all options.
Who says elephants and giraffes cannot be combined?
🙃

But of course it could end up the opposite way...or worse. I saw photos on the internet that are the stuff of nightmares. So I will spare you all...surprised that people actually make up things like this.;)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Here it is...your aunt knows and is positioned a long way away from”bad dog”.

Speaking of stupid and boxes there was the case of the smart thief and his stupid victims. The thief put some tape across a bank's night depository slot with a sign underneath, "Out of order. Please place your deposit in the box below."

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Speaking of stupid and boxes there was the case of the smart thief and his stupid victims. The thief put some tape across a bank's night depository slot with a sign underneath, "Out of order. Please place your deposit in the box below."
And I bet he made a good deal of money (judging from the apparent number of people who get fooled by the internet hoaxes; you know the kind: “You just won 10 billion dollars in the Ivory Coast national lottery, all you need to do is send your bank account details to….”) :p;)

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
And I bet he made a good deal of money (judging from the apparent number of people who get fooled by the internet hoaxes; you know the kind: “You just won 10 billion dollars in the Ivory Coast national lottery, all you need to do is send your bank account details to….”) :p;)
There’s some crafty crooks about.....

E58A8D56-8CB0-4BA6-A2C1-90EEFB09B0D9.png

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I had a caller tell me in a condescending voice: “Go to your little purse and give me the routing number on your new back account”.

I gave him a little piece of my mind.

Last edited:

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
“Go to your little purse and give me the routing number on your new back account”.
Gaaahhh. Yeah, right. It's astonishing people fall for it.
And...bad as it is to be on the receiving end, can you imagine doing those kinds of calls all day long?
😧

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
You mean to tell me my winnings aren't coming! 😲

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Oh, no. I picked them up for you. All you have to do is send me your bank routing information in a PM.
I would but I'm not home, Rick...can you hold on to it for me until May 16th? I can provide everything you need then! I can't wait!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
for my vfamily here,

please excuse my absences in the following days.
mama is admitted again and scheduled tonight to have another colostomy on her other side.other side was used last september when she was diagnosed with colon cancer, some tumor was removed but she insisted not to go further on chemo therapy and saying to me 'dont you worry, u have make me happy and anyway we dont have that money hehehe'

sincerely,

mari🙏
Hi Yaying,
I just got back to the thread after a few days away.....and saw your post.
Am so so sorry that this is happening
Your mum sounds like a lovely mum ...and a much loved mum too
And you Yaying..a wonderful daughter and a credit to your mum
You are both in our prayers
Annette

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Phew! so nice to be home! lovely place, lovely people, but so nice to be home!
Look at what I saw today...
Screenshot 2019-04-26 at 19.40.04.png
and guess where... I have to say I didn't spend time trying to work out why. I just remembered the title of a book from my teenage years: Hidden Persuaders. Advertising. How much money has been spent throughout the world since I left school in 1965 on trying to persuade you and me to spend money on this absolutely essential piece of kit... whatever it may have been... and that was long before the relentless push to upgrade... whatever. Upgrade That wasn't even a word in my young days! Time I had a cup of tea, don't you think? so nice to be home! Did I say that already???

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
EKG of a tortoise-
.. . . . . m. . . . . . .m. . . . . .m. . . . . . m. . . . . .m

EKG of a donkey-
....₩....₩....₩....₩....₩....₩....₩....₩....₩....₩

Which one would arrive at Santiago the quickest!

Camino(s) past & future
Jul-Sept 2019: Six weeks in Northern Spain.
Apr 2018 Asturias
May 2016 CP: Portuguese
As the warmer weather draws close (in Europe at least) it's time to think "summer footwear" and, no surprise, sandals are becoming more and more fashionable. In that light I offer you these (from today's Guardian newspaper)

View attachment 53974

A snip at just £440/€514/US$577 a pair.
They look like a post surgery shoe.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
There are far more than two! I've seen a hundred of these guys walking around!
View attachment 56091
... I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Too serious?

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Too serious?
Not too serious, but something to ponder for a bit. Very nice!
I never walked on the camino late enough in the day to possibly be scared of my own shadow!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

Too serious?
No.

A new poem to add to my kit bag.

Thank you for post.

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
thank you so much for such a flooded prayers & sympathy!

i would like to share good days as mom was already home and doing well on her transparent thingy (shhhhh as the grand child say ewww,) can't resist to laugh while chatting with the 3 years old girl describing the colostomy bag excuse me for those have sensitive tummy.

once again thank you many many many much!

mari

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

i would like to share good days as mom was already home and doing well on her transparent thingy (shhhhh as the grand child say ewww,) can't resist to laugh while chatting with the 3 years old girl describing the colostomy bag excuse me for those have sensitive tummy.

mari
Welcome back Yaying
And our tummy are just fine
We are a strong and hardy lot

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

mari
Wondering.

Glad she’s home.

🙏🏽

Camino(s) past & future

mari
So glad to hear your good news, yaying, and may it continue that way. It is very hard for you to be so far from home...

Camino(s) past & future
And a little bit of multi-accent assistance with your next spanish Camino...

And a little bit of multi-accent assistance with your next spanish Camino...

You are el colmo, señor Bb! Wonderful. And if I can remember how to record my voice, i can give ye all a rendition of something in broad Scots. Unless someone else - a lurker - gets there before me. I think I need to apologise. Who on earth would be lurking without being tempted to contribute. So, no lurkers exist on this thread.

Camino(s) past & future
I was at a meeting last week. Theme was around the idea of Hope, for the future. Something surfaced in my mind. A poem, written around 100 years ago. A commentary on child labour, Sunday School insistence on being created in the Image of God, and the poor wee boy can’t quite put it together.

Just testing if this will work.

The voice memo did not work, sorry. I will keep trying!

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
While I try ti sort out th3e voice recording issue, listen again to this. Always soothes me..
I choreographed a ballet no one’s yet seen to this song.

The other two sections, same song, Judy Garland’s version, then Patti Labelle’s.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

mari
We missed you! Glad you are here today and that your mom is doing ok!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%