A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
There is a difference between gullibility and stoopidity. And always be wary of nyc....
We're taking a little break on our walk, and happen to have some cell coverage! Thank you for lifting my spirits by your words. You are always the encourager!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
BTW, I swiped this off FB.
"Honesty is the best policy", but you sure pulled my chain in the mean time! I guess I'll stick with this thread, although I was pretty discouraged.... You all have made me continue to feel like one of the bunch (club)...and I know I am!!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I,personally, never use hyperbole. That must be the funniest list in the world.
My personal favorite list was the "Nursie" list of doctor terms you posted awhile ago. I even took a screenshot of it to share with family and friends!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I would just like to say: nycwalking, you are such a good sport. (That sounds awfully English to me!) you are up there with the best at finding fun things, not serious things - and that list was brilliant.
On a serious note: just make sure all your people, whoever they are, are ok. Or at least, that in your head, your thoughts in relation to them are ok. That should give you an easy sleep tonight! I just made that up. but I believe it.
And now, off I go to look for a sharing cake for a dear friend who turned 90 recently. We invited her to choose her place for a meal. She asked for the local community centre, where we have taken her before. She will be driving over. I have to say, I have been blessed in knowing her. A wonderful woman, who runs her own house, cooks her own meals, looks after her own garden and is the neighbourhood watch personified!
Happy Tuesday everyone, and yaying, hope you are settling back in...

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
"Honesty is the best policy", but you sure pulled my chain in the mean time! I guess I'll stick with this thread, although I was pretty discouraged.... You all have made me continue to feel like one of the bunch (club)...and I know I am!!
You’re the best apple in the barrel.

You are the thread holding this thread together.

Enjoying walking with you.

Buen camino.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I would just like to say: nycwalking, you are such a good sport. (That sounds awfully English to me!) you are up there with the best at finding fun things, not serious things - and that list was brilliant.
On a serious note: just make sure all your people, whoever they are, are ok. Or at least, that in your head, your thoughts in relation to them are ok. That should give you an easy sleep tonight! I just made that up. but I believe it.
And now, off I go to look for a sharing cake for a dear friend who turned 90 recently. We invited her to choose her place for a meal. She asked for the local community centre, where we have taken her before. She will be driving over. I have to say, I have been blessed in knowing her. A wonderful woman, who runs her own house, cooks her own meals, looks after her own garden and is the neighbourhood watch personified!
Happy Tuesday everyone, and yaying, hope you are settling back in...
We should all be fortunate to be healthy and still driving independently at age 90!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You’re the best apple in the barrel.

You are the thread holding this thread together.

Enjoying walking with you.

Buen camino.
Thank you, NYC! You often make me feel special and literally "make my day"...no Clint involved whatsoever!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
I was a little late to this party...always the most gullible one in the group!
No Chris,
I don't believe a word of this!
If you're talking about gullible.......then that's me ....
Oh the shame
The embarrassment
I'll explain...

Last night I replies to a query that Robo posted......well it was 2am when I should have been asleep ...so that's the excuse anyway!!
At the end of the post, he advised that we read another post before replying....
So I did...
But not properly ....
I wrote the reply.....
A bit sanctimonious on my part...I'm good at this methinks!!
And posted it....
Then read his old post....

Got the fright of my life....my heart skipped a beat
Boy, had I been taken in!!
Good and proper

This guy is good!!!!

A quick delete of my post......phew....just in time ...hope nobody read it!
I would have had to leave the forum Chris...
Would not be able to raise my head again in embarrassment
My nightmare for a few days now

So chris...
I've beaten you in the gullibility area!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No Chris,
Oh the shame
The embarrassment
I'll explain...

Last night I replies to a query that Robo posted......well it was 2am when I should have been asleep ...so that's the excuse anyway!!
At the end of the post, he advised that we read another post before replying....
So I did...
But not properly ....
I wrote the reply.....
And posted it....

Good and proper

This guy is good!!!!

So chris...
Oh, Annette, you make me feel so much better! I like to have company in the "gullible club"! Thank you for sharing your little story. What you don't know probably is that I, too, deleted my original reply! It gave anyone who read it a good laugh at my ignorance. In all fairness to me it was written when I should have been sleeping, just like you. That's a great excuse we had going for us though, right?😉

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
No Chris,
Oh the shame
The embarrassment
I'll explain...

So I did...
But not properly ....
I wrote the reply.....
And posted it....

Good and proper

This guy is good!!!!

So chris...
837E3714-C83A-4116-9243-9636AF3564D0.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Bb, you always give me such a laugh. Absolutely essential for health. Much much better than any prescription our poor medics are advised to dole out to us. I mean to say, did my father know he was a walking danger zone? Or my mother? Now, blood tests tie us to a long term illness chart. Yuck. I really abide my mine so that my poor gp will not suffer if i die on the spot. She is a lovely young woman. where was I? Oh, yes, Blood oranges. For those who have the chance, From Sicily, to dream of. For those who have Marks and Spencers, their blood orange marmalade will send you through the roof of too much sugar and into diabetes type 2. But it tastes fabulous. Have I said enough? Yes. Happy Tuesday. Really.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Kirkie, I too love oranges, but the best ones I've ever had are/were in Portugal and Spain! They are always worth the sticky hands and stinging under my fingernails when I peel them on the Camino along the way! Funny thing, I've never been a lover of marmalade...guess I've never had your favorite though!

Camino(s) past & future
Kirkie, I too love oranges, but the best ones I've ever had are/were in Portugal and Spain! They are always worth the sticky hands and stinging under my fingernails when I peel them on the Camino along the way! Funny thing, I've never been a lover of marmalade...guess I've never had your favorite though!
Of course, fresh from the tree, or next best thing, whichever country we live in. As I live in a country that can’t support orange trees, I do my best to buy as nearly local as possible. Blood oranges have a limited season. That is another thing: I wish I could retain in my brain the seasons for food, the trouble with all of this inter-connectivity is we have truly lost touch with the blessed earth. Sorry, Mother Earth.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Saw this shopping list the other day..somehow I think the family are addicted..

View attachment 56345
They are addicted to over the counter drugs and SUGAR!...Run, Forrest, run! (Now this is stupid nonsense, but I can say it anyway, cuz it's not serious!)😀

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I wonder how they take their coffee?
They fill the cup halfway with sugar, throw in a variety of the pills for some color, then pour 2 tablespoons of coffee over it all and stir. They get a sugar high, but no caffeine high..

Last edited:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Of course, fresh from the tree, or next best thing, whichever country we live in. As I live in a country that can’t support orange trees, I do my best to buy as nearly local as possible. Blood oranges have a limited season. That is another thing: I wish I could retain in my brain the seasons for food, the trouble with all of this inter-connectivity is we have truly lost touch with the blessed earth. Sorry, Mother Earth.
Should this be in the “not bitten”?

88BF68EB-7ABE-474E-9CF1-8A62AE9EFED7.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Camino(s) past & future
Bb, you always give me such a laugh. Absolutely essential for health. Much much better than any prescription our poor medics are advised to dole out to us. I mean to say, did my father know he was a walking danger zone? Or my mother? Now, blood tests tie us to a long term illness chart. Yuck. I really abide my mine so that my poor gp will not suffer if i die on the spot. She is a lovely young woman. where was I? Oh, yes, Blood oranges. For those who have the chance, From Sicily, to dream of. For those who have Marks and Spencers, their blood orange marmalade will send you through the roof of too much sugar and into diabetes type 2. But it tastes fabulous. Have I said enough? Yes. Happy Tuesday. Really.
We always had blood oranges in Ireland when I was a child
My mother used to buy buckets of them
Have never seen one since I came to the UK though
I love oranges ....and marmalade....and jam......and all things sugary ....
Just don't mix them with the ibuprofen or Benedral.....see BBs list!!!
I have a sugar addiction..I know........
Just glad it's not an Ibuprofen addiction!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Just saying hello. Had no internet for days and I'll be losing it again soon.
Ho Rick, Nice of you to say hello! I've had good internet in Portugal. Each year things get better with reception in Europe. Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
BB
How did you know?
You can read my mind!!
Lord, the Internet is down.....
I feel so lost ...lost ..lost
Tried all of the above

When this happens I'm on the phone to the daughters...."stop it mum, have patience, these things happen, it will return "
Thank heavens for daughters ....sometimes!!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
BB
How did you know?
You can read my mind!!
Lord, the Internet is down.....
I feel so lost ...lost ..lost
Tried all of the above

When this happens I'm on the phone to the daughters...."stop it mum, have patience, these things happen, it will return "
Thank heavens for daughters ....sometimes!!
😂😂😂

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
oh my vbro @Bristle boy this is far what a donkey i knowo_O🤪
I know yaying.
It’s alright though I’ve been to the barbers and had a haircut. While I was there I noticed he had a sign that said “Hair pieces from £5.00”
I thought to myself...that’s a small price toupee!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
vmom this is calamansi juice
View attachment 56464

what is clam juice?
Well, if you buy clams in a tin can to use in a seafood recipe, then the clams float in the juice of the clam....yours looks more refreshing and yummy!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
The guitar case is open. Is busking how they get their beer money these days?
Touche'...good one. You must have internet at the moment. Possibly special dings go off in your own head when you come up with a great reply!
Yes, beer money...or was that the monks who loved beer!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thank you. People don't usually talk about my head and dings without mentioning bats.

Maybe they were going to treat deacons then.
We'll all be glad when you get back home and can give 24/7 to the Not! 😅

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 159 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 259 24.9%