A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
So now that you've all stopped sharing music, I can safely come back here again...
So my giggle of the morning comes from this news:
The Indian Army claims to have found Yeti footprints and the internet has exploded with hoots of laughter, or fighting about it.
And the world turns.:cool:

Maybe We should start a rumor of dangerous yetis on the Camino. Maybe on the Meseta. It would thin the crowds out a bit...
Tinca has already started with the giant snakes, so we have a head start.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Those are Scandanavian yetis, all of whom are known for their hospitality.
I wouldn't be counting on the others to be so open.
And those snakes Tinca is raving on about? Probably their pets.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Good morning my friends, have a wonderful day. 🙏🥰View attachment 56517
I have always enjoyed quotes by Zig Ziglar! Years ago I heard this one and have never forgotten it...
Zig Ziglar once invited a friend to go to church with him. The man replied, "Well, I'd like to go, but the church is so full of hypocrits." Zig replied, "That's ok, there's always room for one more."

Last edited:

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Yes, we need someone to jump start it again...anyone willing and able?
Actually we don't, right? We just need to remember what it was for.
;)

There are things we do here now that might better be done in a conversation thread - the good nights, and the photographic and heartfelt greetings.
All are good. Seriously good.
But NOT serious is seriously not serious.:cool:
And those are two different things.

So here is a thought (thinking aloud). Starting a parallel conversation with everyone active here for greetings and warm thoughts...and leaving this part for the red socks, the puns, and the seriously silly stuff.
That way folks who aren't in on the friendship/kinship part have a place to play too.
Whatcha think everyone?

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Actually we don't, right? We just need to remember what it was for.
;)

There are things we do here now that might better be done in a conversation thread - the good nights, and the photographic and heartfelt greetings.
All are good. Seriously good.
But NOT serious is seriously not serious.:cool:
And those are two different things.

So here is a thought (thinking aloud). Starting a parallel conversation with everyone active here for greetings and warm thoughts...and leaving this part for the red socks, the puns, and the seriously silly stuff.
That way folks who aren't in on the friendship/kinship part have a place to play too.
Whatcha think everyone?
I like the thought –but then I am an old-school not serious nerd 🐘🦒🦌🦔:p

I fear the thread might not survive such a makeover. There was a time when Ms. @yaying could fill the front and the back of a T-shirt with the small-tile avatars of the members of this thread. These days it would have to be an XXXS T-shirt :rolleyes:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

I fear the thread might not survive such a makeover. There was a time when Ms. @yaying could fill the front and the back of a T-shirt with the small-tile avatars of the members of this thread. These days it would have to be an XXXS T-shirt :rolleyes:
Very true, Turga. I think we are probably only about ten oldies left that are still "hanging in there". Thankfully we have a couple of newer club members...but we need more new blood...and I aint talkin' blood oranges! 😂

Bristle boy

If not now...when?..if not you...who?
Camino(s) past & future
Evening guys...back out of the shade Rick after a hard days toil....thought I’d include “Eric” earlier because of his scarf...his little red scarf. It makes him so noticeable and I must have a word with him, that isn’t the purpose!
But he said he lived in a cold climate and there is no natural cover.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Evening guys...back out of the shade Rick after a hard days toil....thought I’d include “Eric” earlier because of his scarf...his little red scarf. It makes him so noticeable and I must have a word with him, that isn’t the purpose!
But he said he lived in a cold climate and there is no natural cover.
Well, if we are getting back to the basics then he needs red socks as well, and possibly red nail varnish! 😛

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)

My thought is if it thrives it thrives, and if it dies it dies. In any event we have connections that can be nurtured in conversation space with no change whatsoever.

There are fewer people here, perhaps because mostly it has become a private conversation between just a few of us, so there is not much to keep people here who stumble in accidentally. There's less space for the slow ebb and flow of wit that was happening before - there were fewer posts than now, but often they were funnier ones.

So if we take the conversation part to conversation space, and give the wit here space and a slower continuity - so that each person who might want to has a chance to speak, even if they are not fast with their fingers - well, maybe it will die but somehow I doubt it. I bet there are oldies who are lurking, willing to pick up the strands of a thread of camino lightness if there is space to do that.

I'll start a conversation now and let's see how it goes...

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Very true, Turga. I think we are probably only about ten oldies left that are still "hanging in there". Thankfully we have a couple of newer club members...but we need more new blood...and I aint talkin' blood oranges! 😂
Hi Chris,
Shall we advertise in the local paper.
"Join us and get a free pair of red socks"
"Join us ..or else"

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Is it anybody’s birthday today? Make it up if it isn’t!
Kirkie,
Love the disco dancing elephant
Just took the grandson to the school disco....
I said that I was going too.....
He went white!!!!
"Oh I don't think a ?? Year old doing an Irish jig and eating all the sweets would be a good idea"
So just missed "my moment"!!

Still.....your elephant made up for the disappointment so thanks for that.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You should get out on camino more often, Chris, it is sharpening up your wit.
😁I hope it does the same for me when my turn comes!
Well, thank you, Kirkie! I appreciate that...especially coming from such a special lady as you!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Beautiful but o so hard to read. 🤔
Good one, Peter!
Your problem is that these books were written a long time ago...the pages have faded, in addition to having been originally written in Russian!!

Camino(s) past & future

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%