A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Magic Annette?...they make hours vanish!
Ha ha BB..
Looks like you've answered my question!!
However I can't keep track of the hours as it is ......and that's without any mushrooms!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
BB
I think that Wurzels cider might just have the same effect!!! now that stuff I do like
Annette, I hate most things beer and cider...now vino or a gin and tonic with lime...I'm all in!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I’m not a bad girl from Baden baden.

I’m a good and friendly girl from Philadelphia, across country, Los Angeles to New York to Los Angeles gal.
You are the best...I just love being impish...you know that!

Camino(s) past & future
Annette, I hate most things beer and cider...now vino or a gin and tonic with lime...I'm all in!
Relax now chris after your walk
Some ciders are lovely...especially a cold cider on a very hot day...now they make them in all sorts of flavours but I still like the apple one....
Those ones in BBs neck of the woods are very strong though
I don't like beer myself...or wine

Now chris......naughty girl...why did you just mention gin...ok then, I'll just join you in having one ...or two...trouble is, I just can't take my drink......I loose hours even after one.....I'd better go and practice!!!
Slainte

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I hear me mam a moving in her room.

Must leave this place make breakfast, rest, then enjoy wee a dander of life today.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Relax now chris after your walk
Some ciders are lovely...especially a cold cider on a very hot day...now they make them in all sorts of flavours but I still like the apple one....
Those ones in BBs neck of the woods are very strong though
I don't like beer myself...or wine

Now chris......naughty girl...why did you just mention gin...ok then, I'll just join you in having one ...or two...trouble is, I just can't take my drink......I loose hours even after one.....I'd better go and practice!!!
Slainte
Maybe you are making yours too strong, Annette! A gin and tonic on a hot day is very refreshing, especially with a twist of line and ice! I don't particularly like really sweet drinks...nor really hard ones either!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
BB, you are as Cher says: simply the best.

My mom has exited her room, turned on hallway light, and awaits breakfast.

She wants nice big breakfast cuz she’s hungry.

Night to some.

Good day to others.

Camino(s) past & future
Maybe you are making yours too strong, Annette! A gin and tonic on a hot day is very refreshing, especially with a twist of line and ice! I don't particularly like really sweet drinks...nor really hard ones either!
I always measure the spirit ...same as the UK pub measure...a single is 35mls...slightly more than one fluid oz.......if I have a double the Uk measure given is 50mls ...a little less than two fluid oz ....if I didn't measure it then half the bottle might be poured!!
I've never been a big drinker really...."himself" used to say that I was a cheap night out ....boy did he save a lot of money.
I think I'll have one now as I got distracted before

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I always measure the spirit ...same as the UK pub measure...a single is 35mls...slightly more than one fluid oz.......if I have a double the Uk measure given is 50mls ...a little less than two fluid oz ....if I didn't measure it then half the bottle might be poured!!
I've never been a big drinker really...."himself" used to say that I was a cheap night out ....boy did he save a lot of money.
You are so funny, Annettte! I hope we get opportunity later this summer to share a drink together!

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
And good for you...I’m not a drinker (or much of one) I like what I like but it’s been a hard, long day and I might join you.....cheers! (Metaphorically of course..or should that be virtually)

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
And good for you...I’m not a drinker (or much of one) I like what I like but it’s been a hard, long day and I might join you.....cheers!
Thanks BB
Hope your evening improves and enjoy your tipple
I've had mine so I hope that the hubby isn't fed cat food and the cat doesn't get ...whatever I'm supposed to be cooking....or not!!
Still, there's always the Chinese down the road!
Slainte

Camino(s) past & future

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
In moderation!!
What's that???
It's what you do after in ignorance you drink several completely opposite types of alcoholic beverages in the same setting and barely live to tell the tale the next day! Once and done...never again, no, never! 😜

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Sometimes I take a fit and delete a lot of stuff from my ipad. Seems i deleted one of my favourite songs. So i include a link to a YouTube version. I love to imagine walking along, weary (ok, that is experience, not imagination!) and gradually being overtaken by this inspirational walking band of pilgrims... so I dedicate this to any pilgrim who needs a bit of a push to cooperate in this arrangement negotiated between a pilgrim and God: You pick them up, I’ll put them down...

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Sometimes I take a fit and delete a lot of stuff from my ipad. Seems i deleted one of my favourite songs. So i include a link to a YouTube version. I love to imagine walking along, weary (ok, that is experience, not imagination!) and gradually being overtaken by this inspirational walking band of pilgrims... so I dedicate this to any pilgrim who needs a bit of a push to cooperate in this arrangement negotiated between a pilgrim and God: You pick them up, I’ll put them down...
No one overtakes you K! 🤫
Lovely!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
Hey Rick, look what I saw walking the Camino yesterday...a goose turkey! It made me think of your avatar! They look so similar!
View attachment 56768
I am enjoying your daily posts re your camino, Chris. I have not sat down with my notebook, but still, I can see the smiles of the fellow pilgrims, especially in the albergue in Ponte de Lima, which was from where one went on ahead as he had a time limit. He was such a lovely guy, from Portugal. When we reached the spot next day where pilgrims left the equivalent to a symbolic offering at the cruz de Ferro, he had left me a message, encouraging me - he knew my chicken bone weakness! also, around there, the official signs were indicating actual time spans for the sections of the walk! So he left another one, telling me it is only... so many minutes to the next spot! take your time! don't let it end too soon...

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I am enjoying your daily posts re your camino, Chris. I have not sat down with my notebook, but still, I can see the smiles of the fellow pilgrims, especially in the albergue in Ponte de Lima, which was from where one went on ahead as he had a time limit. He was such a lovely guy, from Portugal. When we reached the spot next day where pilgrims left the equivalent to a symbolic offering at the cruz de Ferro, he had left me a message, encouraging me - he knew my chicken bone weakness! also, around there, the official signs were indicating actual time spans for the sections of the walk! So he left another one, telling me it is only... so many minutes to the next spot! take your time! don't let it end too soon...
I don’t need directions...I just toss a coin to decide whether left or right 🤔

9AE78E6A-505B-465E-B92A-4C90315ACFB9.jpeg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Hi Kirkie, I'm glad you are enjoying my little email blog. I can certainly tell it brings back memories for you! Your experience in Ponte de Lima was more memorable than ours as we were in a private guest house. The town, however, is exquisite and I loved it!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I don’t need directions...I just toss a coin to decide whether left or right 🤔

View attachment 56780
Oh, BB, you are always so funny, and this photo is no exception! I think you should join a walking tour group when you finally walk the Camino, or you may never make it to Santiago...let alone back home!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Then I will take turga’s advice..and follow the crowd.
That is a much better idea! Turga knows where he is going...even if it takes him three times as long as the leader of the pack!
EDIT...Oops, I see now that he is not the leader after all, but trails far behind! Poor Turga!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Like quite a few others I said: I’m leaving on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again.

This thread a held me together since it’s original inception.

Love you guys.

A reverent post then back to business of Not.
View attachment 56820
YAY! You're back! Missed you...even for the short time you were away! ☺

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
GoT whitewalkers are dead :p
I have no idea what you just said, Yaying, but I want you to know I've missed your little puns lately! Do you mind if I give you the nickname "Tingy" if I want to?

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
🤪

never ever mind

if i may know, what that refers to?

p.s.
so many backspace ive done on the keyboard hahaha
There is nothing special that Tingy means...I just think it's endearing and cute...like you.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Oops, I see now that he is not the leader after all, but trails far behind! Poor Turga!
Poor Turtle nothing.
If you're walking in a circle the one in the back is actually be the one way out in front.
So what do we do to catch up?

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Poor Turtle nothing.
If you're walking in a circle the one in the back is actually be the one way out in front.
So what do we do to catch up?
I don't see that they are all going in a circle, but you raise a good point if they were. Or what about if they were going "helter skelter"...who'd be the leader then!

Camino(s) past & future
After recent events I am thinking of getting another dog to keep Oscar company.
I am thinking of calling him “10 miles”.
At least that way I can say that I walked 10 miles today.
What is it in your coffee that sets off the funny side in you?!!! Anyway, even if officially you are part of a separist society, you won’t get far on Camino using miles. So, Tenkay it ought to be... you would get home sooner.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
What is it in your coffee that sets off the funny side in you?!!! Anyway, even if officially you are part of a separist society, you won’t get far on Camino using miles. So, Tenkay it ought to be... you would get home sooner.
Kirkie, I use miles on the Caminos, and I still get to where I need to go!
But, yes, BB is one witty fellow, isn't he?

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
So, Tenkay it ought to be... you would get home sooner.
Hahaha! Brilliant, @kirkie. (Whatever is in your coffee, I want it.)
Tenkei in Japanese means Heaven's Blessing and/or Gift Of Nature.
Not only do you get home sooner, BB, but much more happily. 😇

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Now now K...you’re version is better!
Obviously the Irish coffee is stronger.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Oh...and those K’s might be shorter...but there’s so many more of them 😉

Camino(s) past & future
That is a much better idea! Turga knows where he is going...even if it takes him three times as long as the leader of the pack!
EDIT...Oops, I see now that he is not the leader after all, but trails far behind! Poor Turga!
Oh yes, wonderful.....there he goes!!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Adorable video, BB! You are so good at capturing the heart of whatever silly topic is being posted about...and you often run with it, keeping the laughs going longer!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Hah! I sent off for a guide book from one of the popular sites, for my camino in August. A clerical error has given me a guidebook for a different camino. It would maybe have interested, Camino Chris, but not too sure...anyway, it does not interest me at this point in time.
Now I am waiting for the correct guide to fall through the letter box. I was so disappointed today, I knew it was from the guide crowd... but anyway, I will have to wait now for a few more days before I can attack the guide book with a hilighter pen. Is that what some people from other parts of the world call a ... sharpie? Not so sure. Anyway here I am waiting with pen poised to strike through this and that page, this and that KSO (now do you know which crowd I mean?) and I am getting a bit of collywobbles thinking of the reality.. it is a few years since I walked from Porto, and 13 since I walked from Roncesavalles. It is only a couple of years since I walked the Salvador. Don't remind me. It was beautiful and I did love every minute of the scenery etc. But it nearly broke me, that is a fact. So now, my new camino for August is a secret. Or did I mention it already? The thing is, I don't care. Right now, I am pretending it is a secret. So you don't get to the albergue before me. because, although I have never yet declared this in the open, I think I am more like Turga than any other animal on this earth.... are you really glad you decided to have a look at this post? Good. Have a nice evening. And I really do mean that.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Hah! I sent off for a guide book from one of the popular sites, for my camino in August. A clerical error has given me a guidebook for a different camino. It would maybe have interested, Camino Chris, but not too sure...anyway, it does not interest me at this point in time.
Now I am waiting for the correct guide to fall through the letter box. I was so disappointed today, I knew it was from the guide crowd... but anyway, I will have to wait now for a few more days before I can attack the guide book with a hilighter pen. Is that what some people from other parts of the world call a ... sharpie? Not so sure. Anyway here I am waiting with pen poised to strike through this and that page, this and that KSO (now do you know which crowd I mean?) and I am getting a bit of collywobbles thinking of the reality.. it is a few years since I walked from Porto, and 13 since I walked from Roncesavalles. It is only a couple of years since I walked the Salvador. Don't remind me. It was beautiful and I did love every minute of the scenery etc. But it nearly broke me, that is a fact. So now, my new camino for August is a secret. Or did I mention it already? The thing is, I don't care. Right now, I am pretending it is a secret. So you don't get to the albergue before me. because, although I have never yet declared this in the open, I think I am more like Turga than any other animal on this earth.... are you really glad you decided to have a look at this post? Good. Have a nice evening. And I really do mean that.
Kirkie, I have been nterested in the Salvador for a couple of years, combining it with the remainder of the Norte. So it about did you in, huh? That's my fear, yet I like being in nature surrounded by beautiful scenery!

Camino(s) past & future
Kirkie, I have been nterested in the Salvador for a couple of years, combining it with the remainder of the Norte. So it about did you in, huh? That's my fear, yet I like being in nature surrounded by beautiful scenery!
I am not a good example when it comes to hills. It is a really lovely camino, and I will never say it is not. You know I had trouble with my knee, and that was a lot to do with it. The great thing is, nobody needs to think they can't do something just because someone else can't...

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 159 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 259 24.9%