A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Gee, NYC, you really get around and rub shoulders with the best of them... all the way from one coast to the other! You attended the high school in New York where Grease was filmed, starring that dreamy John Travolta.:p...And you graduated from the college that recently produced a gymnast scoring a perfect 10! :D ...What were the odds of that?!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Gee, NYC, you really get around and rub shoulders with the best of them... all the way from one coast to the other! You attended the high school in New York where Grease was filmed, starring that dreamy John Travolta.:p...And you graduated from the college that recently produced a gymnast scoring a perfect 10! :D ...What were the odds of that?!
Grease was shot at Venice High in Los Angeles. Many Veince High graduates eventually graduate from UCLA.

Born in Philadelphia, raised in Los Angeles, lived in NYC off and on since 1983.

I think I have a bit of wanderlust in me. Five times on camino 2001-2014 proves that.

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Grease was shot at Venice High in Los Angeles. Many Veince High graduates eventually graduate from UCLA.

Born in Philadelphia, raised in Los Angeles, lived in NYC off and on since 1983.

I think I have a bit of wanderlust in me. Five times on camino 2001-2014 proves that.
Oops! I guess since I knew you'd lived in New York previously, I assumed Grease was filmed there. I'm going to have to UNdo what I said...there, UNdone! 👍

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Occasionally I rub shoulders with the best including wonderful folk on this forum!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Don't know about CC but I'm too busy to even brush my teeth some days right now.
Fortunately you're all safe from the results.
Just checking in to say hi, and happily see that I will never catch up.
Night, all!
Check in as often as you can.

Care!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
what was the origin of this thread again? who remembers without checking? we know the OP, domigee, and great to see you around again, dear domigee. I am going to look for a random post and see what it was about. I will pick number 234. watch this space. Two for the price of one. always a concern for peregrinos looking to get best value...
Screenshot 2019-01-19 at 14.10.03.png

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
After much consideration I’ll be walking wearing....footwear and clothes! Socks of choice will definitely be red! Job done!
Hope to see turgas, giraffes and elephants too!
Love it, bristle boy! Such a comprehensive list, will be of limitless help to any and all pilgrims... or walkers... or hikers... or danderers... pity though, you can’t help the sandal crowd who go sockless. Can you imagine? Sockless? Maybe they have red toenails though.

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
After much consideration I’ll be walking wearing....footwear and clothes! Socks of choice will definitely be red! Job done!
Hope to see turgas, giraffes and elephants too!
Just remember, BB, your shoes will cost you twice as much as the rest of us since you are a 4 legged creature! On the other hand you should save a bundle of bucks on clothing as you will only be wearing a backpack! 😂 Giddy-up!

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Love it, bristle boy! Such a comprehensive list, will be of limitless help to any and all pilgrims... or walkers... or hikers... or danderers... pity though, you can’t help the sandal crowd who go sockless. Can you imagine? Sockless? Maybe they have red toenails though.
If I wore sandals I’d be ‘sin’ toenails! If I wore sandals is painting your nails obligatory K?
It’s a modern world...oh the choices!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Just remember, BB, your shoes will cost you twice as much as the rest of us since you are a 4 legged creature! On the other hand you should save a bundle of bucks on clothing as you will only be wearing a backpack! 😂 Giddy-up!
....and only 10 percent of my weight! That might increase if wearing nail varnish! Socks are preferable.

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
....and only 10 percent of my weight! That might increase if wearing nail varnish! Socks are preferable.
I think you will be wearing only 1% of your total weight...if you go with the toe nail varnish, it could be as high as 1.00001%. 😄

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I think you will be wearing only 1% of your total weight...if you go with the toe nail varnish, it could be as high as 1.00001%. 😄
P.S. We only say "nail polish" where I come from. Not even a man would ever think to call it varnish...after all we're not varnishing a boat! You must be speaking wurzel talk!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
P.S. We only say "nail polish" where I come from. Not even a man would ever think to call it varnish...after all we're not varnishing a boat! You must be speaking wurzel talk!
‘Fraid so!...you call them chips we call ‘em crisps!...Nail Varnish in that Ingerland!
Edit: can also be polish...

Last edited:

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Via Tolosana
Don't know about CC but I'm too busy to even brush my teeth some days right now.
Fortunately you're all safe from the results.
Just checking in to say hi, and happily see that I will never catch up.
Night, all!
I’ll never catch up either :D hi all and good night :cool:

Camino Chris

One step forward...
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
oh oh i have to re-read... is @Bristle boy toe made of wood that requires varnish?
Yaying, you have a good memory. We have posted a few pictures of wooden elephants, one of which is mine. When I go home I'm varnishing all their toenails !
Bristle Boy is a donkey, and although he "thinks" he has toenails, he really doesn't. Instead he would have to buy a quart of red varnish to paint his four huge hooves and there may be enough left over to dip his tail in.😄

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
Should have been this one...

28 years after its eruption, until now they still suffer
we lost the title best in agriculture with our neighboring country.
Thai & Vietnamese came to us for agriculture education, after 2 decades we are now buying from them agriculture products(worsen by corrupt govt. officials)

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.5%
  • May

Votes: 204 24.0%