A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Took me a long time to learn to say compost.
A classic tale about US President Harry Truman:
The story goes that Harry and Bess and their daughter go to visit one of the most beautiful rose gardens in the United States, just one bed, after another and each one is better than the last one. Harry finally turns to the owner and says, "Gee, tell me, what kind of manure do you use to get roses like this?"

Whereupon, as the story goes, the daughter pipes up and says, "Father, you shouldn't say manure, you should say fertilizer."

And Bess says, "You keep your big nose out of this, it's taken me 20 years to get him to say manure."

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Compost, recycling, or....
View attachment 57213
Picture #4 is pathetic...he needs to take more recycling lessons! 😂 I know just the person for the job....me!

Picture #4 represents trash in every country...actually I saw very little on the Camino Portuguese...I just finished.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Picture #4 is pathetic...he needs to take more recycling lessons! 😂 I know just the person for the job....me!

Picture #4 represents trash in every country...actually I saw very little on the Camino Portuguese...I just finished.
Congrats, Chris. I hope that you have had a few moments of awareness of the blessing that you have received and have given to those you met along the way.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Congrats, Chris. I hope that you have had a few moments of awareness of the blessing that you have received and have given to those you met along the way.
Thank you, Kirkie! Each Camino I walk presents new and different opportunities for a challenge, internal growth, and learning about a variety of cultures all in one lump.☺

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have had it served after dinner in Sicily (or very similar...and tastes of lemons. Very nice.
I've had it in Italy, too! I prefer the lemonchello if memory serves me well...which it doesn't always do in my 60's! At €6 a bottle here, though, what do I expect!😂

Camino(s) past & future
We purchased this bottle yesterday to share in our room as an apertif, indicative of the area. I think it is an herbal form of Galician Orujo....it tastes like a cross between Lemonchello and cough syrup! 😛View attachment 57268
I sincerely hope that you did not get to the bottom of it!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
If BB was a human (which he is not) this is what he would look like walking on the Camino Portuguese...or is this boy too young. Somehow I think BB may be as old as dirt...like the majority of us on this thread...translates to over age 60!!
Screenshot_2019-05-10-20-41-04.jpg Anyone less than that is still young...NYC, I'm talkin' to you! 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Did you understand what was on the tee shirt of the boy? I think it more applies to others...
Yes, I had googled it prior...but "a picture is worth a thousand words", so I didn't care what it said...isn't this the Not serious! And in addition...I am an imp!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Did you understand what was on the tee shirt of the boy? I think it more applies to others...
First paragraph of https://www.dictionary.com/e/duende/

In lists compiled by linguists and translators, it seems “duende” is a word that many experts regard as the hardest word in Spanish to convey in other languages.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

In lists compiled by linguists and translators, it seems “duende” is a word that many experts regard as the hardest word in Spanish to convey in other languages.
Interesting fact, Rick...I think you share the "brainiac" award with Turga!
Me? I'm just a silly old imp...I don't really care all that much, but I admire those of you who do! You all are what helps make "the world go round"! ☺

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Rick, this is a very interesting fact! Thanks for sending the link...you are often a wealth of knowledge and make up for our often loss of Jeff...which is a compliment to you!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
"the camino elf" is kinda cute.
Hi Honeybee! Yes the elf, aka BB, is kinda cute! BTW...I have loved, loved, loved, all of your special, uplifting emails about my walk! I wish I knew you more than just virtually...you are one of "the best"!

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future

Well done Rick...it’s amazing what I have learnt and read thanks to you marvellous guys..it opens a new “non serious world”.
Thanks to Kirkie I now know it’s Ouse under the bed...and as for the music and laughter...brilliant! Thank you all.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I
I'd like to get close to being as "brainiac" as @Kathar1na.
I knooow! I see her stuff and get blown away sometimes! I can't touch her posts with "a ten foot pole". I was just telling someone today about her "smarts". You could give her a "run for her money" though! 😂
Screenshot_2019-05-14-16-46-24.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
duende is what it is. it doesn't translate, really. It lives where there are wisps of smoke... and howls of wind, and roar of wild animals. And cute, ever so clever duendes can transmogrify into ... whatever will protect the mystery from being picked apart and made mundane. Is that the same as nisse? In Ireland, perhaps, the nearest would be one of the Little People. Beware.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Is that the same as nisse?
Could be. They cannot be explained; many have tried but have failed. They are very rarely seen, primarily around Christmas time and only by people who truly believe in them. They are not evil but they do like to tease and if you know what's good for you, you put a bowl of rice porridge up in the attic for them at Christmas. That way you may not have your shoes stolen or your car keyes strangely disappearing or your cat suddenly starting to dislike you or....

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Could be. They cannot be explained; many have tried but have failed. They are very rarely seen, primarily around Christmas time and only by people who truly believe in them. They are not evil but they do like to tease and if you know what's good for you, you put a bowl of rice porridge up in the attic for them at Christmas. That way you may not have your shoes stolen or your car keyes strangely disappearing or your cat suddenly starting to dislike you or....
My poor mom always lost her keys. Now, I know why.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I just heard. Tim Conway has died. Sadly the little a**hole is through. If that sounds mean watch his elephant stories all the way through.
This is one of my favorite sketches of all time.

I loved watching the Carol Burnett show when I was a little girl.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
This is one of my favorite sketches of all time.

I loved watching the Carol Burnett show when I was a little girl.
I loved, loved the sketches on the Carol Burnett show...watched them with my folks. Tim Conway was hilarious...but they all were!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Oh, that hurts.😢

Me and the other geezers at the old folks home watched it too. The oldest survivor had to stand during the show and adjust the rabbit ears antenna.
That's just plain awesome, Rick...but what are rabbit ear antennas? 😂

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Oh, that hurts.😢

Me and the other geezers at the old folks home watched it too. The oldest survivor had to stand during the show and adjust the rabbit ears antenna.
Hey,

I too had rabbit ears.

And, I’ll be 57 this year.

And, sometimes while out I receive senior citizen discount without asking.🤗

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No! I've seen your Dora the explorer avatar. Now, if you said they handed you lollipops I'd believe that.
I don't get lollipops and I don't get senior discounts either. I always either forget to ask or fail to shop on Wednesdays, often the only special day for the discounts. I usually grab a dumdum on my way out though.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 168 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 271 24.2%