A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
We purchased this bottle yesterday to share in our room as an apertif, indicative of the area. I think it is an herbal form of Galician Orujo....it tastes like a cross between Lemonchello and cough syrup! 😛View attachment 57268
oooooopppssss sorry, just reminded me of one winter camino video shooting his pees on the snow hahahaha

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
duende is what it is. it doesn't translate, really. It lives where there are wisps of smoke... and howls of wind, and roar of wild animals. And cute, ever so clever duendes can transmogrify into ... whatever will protect the mystery from being picked apart and made mundane. Is that the same as nisse? In Ireland, perhaps, the nearest would be one of the Little People. Beware.
Kirkie, you are one of a kind and your words are always absolutely enchanting...
Sometimes even of another world.

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
Yes, I am never tempted to drink black coffee, Tingy...I wish I had no temptations on anything.
hahaha,
long time ago, i was tempted on how does a coffee taste with a creamy peanut butter...
based on my own experience, i will never recommend bwahahaha

p.s.
but i loved once in a while 'pandesal' spread with peanut butter, i will crumpled it and dip on my plain dark coffee.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, at least you’ve yet to meet your end on a plate next to dressing and the gravy bowl.
I think I had donkey pate on one of my tapas for lunch yesterday. I wondered why I was drawn to that particular one.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Did someone say fish...on ice? Yesterday in Santiago...😜

We call them a fishstick. I suppose that's what you are saying. I ate many of them on Friday nights as a kid...no slaving in the kitchen for my mom and she loved the break.
Yep...fish sticks...

Attachments

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I just noticed one of your ears is lopped off and you only have three legs!😃
Guess I'm slower than you, BB, cuz you've been on the forum a full year now and just noticed your avatar in detail...Happy first birthday!🎂🎈

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Yep...fish sticks...
Fish fingers!
Love them..could eat a box of them ...anytime ...now I feel hungry and can smell them frying on the pan!
Isn't imagination a wonderful thing?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
We've touched on the topic of accents before. Let's do it again. Big 7 Travel had it's readers rate 50 American accents for sexiness. The results and examples of each are at https://bigseventravel.com/2019/05/50-sexiest-accents-usa-ranked/

For those who want the answers quickly they are: #1 Texas, #2 Boston, #3 New York (but not "Lawnguyland"). Hawaii came in at #7.

And I may be misremembering something I read once but for sexy Spanish accents #1 was Columbian.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
We've touched on the topic of accents before. Let's do it again. Big 7 Travel had it's readers rate 50 American accents for sexiness. The results and examples of each are at https://bigseventravel.com/2019/05/50-sexiest-accents-usa-ranked/

For those who want the answers quickly they are: #1 Texas, #2 Boston, #3 New York (but not "Lawnguyland"). Hawaii came in at #7.

And I may be misremembering something I read once but for sexy Spanish accents #1 was Columbian.
Well, there you are, Rick, with a semi-long winded reply. I would agree that Texans have a nice accent. My son dated a Texas gal for a year and when she came up to visit it sounded so cute. She sounded so respectful of her elders, too. Often her replies ended with a "Yes, ma'am, No, ma'am, or Thank you, ma'am". It sounded so cultured and respectful. We midwesterners never use that courtesy...but it's ingrained in Texans.
To change the subject a bit, my favorite language is French or a French accent, second and third are accents from England...think Simon Cowell and a "Wurzel" accent. 😂😂

Actress Sophia Vergara is from Columbia. Although she is beautiful, her accent leaves much to be desired imo! 😛

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
PS - I don't know what language the Emperor used when he said that stuff about languages but it probably wasn't German.
It’s strange that German is so often perceived as being a ‘hard’ language or a ‘command’ language. I used to be fluent in German and I really like the language. Like in all languages, there is a rich variation of dialects; e.g. the German spoken in Berlin is very different from the German spoken in Austria.

If you want to hear how soft and intense German can be spoken, try to listen to this song by the German singer and poet Hannes Wader

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

Ok folks
So I've looked up rhe most popular accents in the world!!.
British.....American.....Irish
Now of course there will be variations within these countries...

Me......I love the French and Italian ....my Italian grandsons and son in law speak with their hands ...fantastic to watch and amazing when they are argue!!!

I've been told that I have a soft Irish accent ....
Well those that say that have never heard me in a rant ..or indeed shouting at the TV ...or the grandsons...or nothing in particular
Indeed...the girls taped me in a rant once, then took the recording to school.....and I wondered why all the kids were smiling at me!!!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Ok folks
So I've looked up rhe most popular accents in the world!!.
British.....American.....Irish
Now of course there will be variations within these countries...

Me......I love the French and Italian ....my Italian grandsons and son in law speak with their hands ...fantastic to watch and amazing when they are argue!!!

I've been told that I have a soft Irish accent ....
Well those that say that have never heard me in a rant ..or indeed shouting at the TV ...or the grandsons...or nothing in particular
Indeed...the girls taped me in a rant once, then took the recording to school.....and I wondered why all the kids were smiling at me!!!
So, lassie you have a wee Irish brogue!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
Hey,

I double-checked Google said sometimes called an Irish brogue.

But, the initial meaning did refer to Scottish brogue.
It's the Lassie bit that's Scottish ...and brogue ...definitely Irish ......then again we're cousins!

Camino(s) past & future

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I'm back in the USA and on the bus heading for home. It will feel good after a month away to be back...as Dorothy said, "There's no place like home."
Welcome home Chris.

We Americans are having an interesting time.

We’ll muddle through though, we will muddle through.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Welcome home Chris.

We Americans are having an interesting time.

We’ll muddle through though, we will muddle through.
Hi NYC, I haven't kept up on our news while away. Do we have some new muddling going on since my absence...or just our usual muddling!😂

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I'm back in the USA and on the bus heading for home. It will feel good after a month away to be back...as Dorothy said, "There's no place like home."
As above, welcome back to your own back yard, Chris. When all is washed and ironed (!) and you have time, I hope you can look back over your steps to enjoy it all again...

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, I'm back home and jet lag has set in already. It's only 1:20am here, but my body says it's 7:20am...time to get up. So here I am alone in my living room, surfing the forum in the quiet.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
As above, welcome back to your own back yard, Chris. When all is washed and ironed (!) and you have time, I hope you can look back over your steps to enjoy it all again...
Thanks, Kirkie. I will definately do that. I love looking over my steps, both in my journal and going through my pictures. I sometimes pick a photo that applies to another thread and add it in. Lots of fun to search and do that. I ocassionally offer advice or an opinion, but usually others do a better job at both.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
* I enjoyed my meetup with several forum members for dinner in Santiago on my last night...@syates, @VNwalking, @t2andreo, and @alipilgrim.
* I also met Faith of @natefaith, who gave me a tour of Pilgrim House.
* A special highlight for me was stopping in to meet IVAR, our chief forum CEO.☺ He is a darling and spent quite a bit of time with me, answering my questions and showing me his computer screens and software graphs. It was very interesting!
20190514_185003.jpg 20190514_114443.jpg 20190514_115033.jpg

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
hehehehe i once hated being not reaching 5ft. flat at least.
what to do yani!🤪😭😁
Tingy, I thought you are Mari...what's yani?
I know of "Yanni" and love, love, love his one of a kind music instrumentals. We've listened to him for years and often on long road trips in the car cuz it never gets old for me. He is a genius imo. He also has some good utube videos, where he gives special notice to solo violin and drum performances in his orchestra...guess I just got carried away here, but I am often long winded, as you all know!😅

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
* I enjoyed my meetup with several forum members for dinner in Santiago on my last night...@syates, @VNwalking, @t2andreo, and @alipilgrim.
* I also met Faith of @natefaith, who gave me a tour of Pilgrim House.
* A special highlight for me was stopping in to meet IVAR, our chief forum CEO.☺ He is a darling and spent quite a bit of time with me, answering my questions and showing me his computer screens and software graphs. It was very interesting!
View attachment 57366View attachment 57367View attachment 57368
Thanks Chris
Great photos
Everyone looks wonderful..so happy
Hope we can do the same when we arrive in Santiago on the 6th July

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
There is a bit of truth in this...just ask your family and friends!
Me, I'm not on Pinterest, so all must be good...but just don't ask my loved ones about Ivar's forum! 😉
Screenshot_2019-05-12-06-57-03.jpg

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
...but younger than the rest of us on this thread. ☺
EDIT- Except for Yaying...the youngest of us all, thanks to the sharp mind of NYC noticing I missed her!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ozy on my shoulder makes me happy!View attachment 57410
Ok, NYC, I am confused as usual. Kirkie's pet elephant is Ozy...I just googled Cersei for a little info and it's something to do with "Game of Thrones". I've never seen an episode...no wonder I don't "get it"!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ok, NYC, I am confused as usual. Kirkie's pet elephant is Ozy...I just googled Cersei for a little info and it's something to do with "Game of Thrones". I've never seen an episode...no wonder I don't "get it"!
I too have never seen Game of Thrones.

I tried to delete the words and go with Ozy reference.

I couldn’t but went with it anyway.

I have to binge watch Game of Thrones soon otherwise I might not know Jeopardy questions.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I too have never seen Game of Thrones.

I tried to delete the words and go with Ozy reference.

I couldn’t but went with it anyway.

I have to binge watch Game of Thrones soon otherwise I might not know Jeopardy questions.
Two of my Camino friends love Jeopardy and they have even applied to get on the show. Now that is a vote of confidence in themselves! Rick and Turga, what are you guys waiting for? Me...I'd only be interested in applying to sit in the audience and watch.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Two of my Camino friends love Jeopardy and they have even applied to get on the show. Now that is a vote of confidence in themselves! Rick and Turga, what are you guys waiting for? Me...I'd only be interested in applying to sit in the audience and watch.
That's not the first time I've heard this suggestion but I'll screw up the answer by not making the answer a question. Also, when playing Trivial Pursuit all our friends knew that we would miss the sports questions.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That's not the first time I've heard this suggestion but I'll screw up the answer by not making the answer a question. Also, when playing Trivial Pursuit all our friends knew that we would miss the sports questions.
Really...you and Peg don't follow sports? I thought my fam were the only ones who didn't! It eliminates half the conversation opportunities in new group settings...it can be kind of a negative at times though, as they look at you like you are aliens.😂

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
It eliminates half the conversation opportunities in new group settings...it can be kind of a negative at times though, as they look at you like you are aliens.😂
True. A friend who doesn't give an s about sports says he learned to scan the sports pages on the way to work to be able to ask "what do you think about ..." and earned the reputation of a sports fan and improved his likeability. I never gave an s about either. Well, there is always the other half of the conversational uppers, the weather. And that sure went downhill since our return from vacation (and we were in tornado warning areas then).

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Really...you and Peg don't follow sports? I thought my fam were the only ones who didn't! It eliminates half the conversation opportunities in new group settings...it can be kind of a negative at times though, as they look at you like you are aliens.😂
E.T. DON’T go home.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
True. A friend who doesn't give an s about sports says he learned to scan the sports pages on the way to work to be able to ask "what do you think about ..." and earned the reputation of a sports fan and improved his likeability. I never gave an s about either. Well, there is always the other half of the conversational uppers, the weather. And that sure went downhill since our return from vacation (and we were in tornado warning areas then).
My hubby loves checking out the daily weather reports for our area because he enjoys being outdoors more than indoors. It's quite a hobby for him and a cheap one, too! I told him he should have been a meteorologist.

Camino(s) past & future
My hubby loves checking out the daily weather reports for our area because he enjoys being outdoors more than indoors. It's quite a hobby for him and a cheap one, too! I told him he should have been a meteorologist.
He should come to the UK then...talking about the weather is the main topic of conversation here......apart from football
Winter.......isn't it cold!...too cold!!
Summer....isn't it hot...too hot!!
Spring, Summer, Autumn, winter.....isn't it wet....too wet

When there's no rain for a while.....the gardens need rain!!
My usual answer....get a hose then.
I do love the different seasons but hate the rain more than anything

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
He should come to the UK then...talking about the weather is the main topic of conversation here......apart from football
Winter.......isn't it cold!...too cold!!
Summer....isn't it hot...too hot!!
Spring, Summer, Autumn, winter.....isn't it wet....too wet

When there's no rain for a while.....the gardens need rain!!
My usual answer....get a hose then.
I do love the different seasons but hate the rain more than anything
I’ve had to make another appointment with Doctor Zhivago...he’s told me I’ve got the worst case of “trench foot” and rising damp he’s seen for a while..hey ho!..I’m English!

Edit: my only connection with the weather and Sport is...I’ve got Athletes foot! 😉

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Everybody talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it....
Even the meteorologists are only accurate 50% of the time predicting the weather...likely because answers on their college exams were only correct "half" of the time.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I’ve had to make another appointment with Doctor Zhivago...he’s told me I’ve got the worst case of “trench foot” and rising damp he’s seen for a while..hey ho!..I’m English!

Edit: my only connection with the weather and Sport is...I’ve got Athletes foot! 😉
And my only connection between sports and an illness is...my Tennis elbow!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Everybody talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it....
First thing: rotate the image. Second: ignore it and turn up the heating. Pour a glass of something. Anything. Watch it through the window. Have a snooze. Buy a device that will wake you when the weather improves. Try to imitate hibernatory creatures. 80ED5DC4-5A0D-4A74-BEAA-765BC26A8D1A.jpeg

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Even the meteorologists are only accurate 50% of the time predicting the weather...likely because answers on their college exams were only correct "half" of the time.
Yes, I sometime regret that I didn’t take up meteorology as a career. It’s the only occupation I know of where it is perfectly right to be wrong most of the time :p

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
One of the Austrian Hapsburg emperors is quoted with something like "I speak Italian to women, French to men and German to my horses." Maybe this was known to the writers of A Fish Called Wanda.

PS - I don't know what language the Emperor used when he said that stuff about languages but it probably wasn't German.
Got a PM from K. Attributed to the Emperor but no proof that it was actually said. Often also attributed: Spanish to God.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 172 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 278 24.4%