A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
As I was saying earlier...I saw this fish on ice in the window of a Santiago restaurant. I can finally download (or upload) the picture now of this "flat" guy. Not only would you be picking bones out of your meal, but you'd be picking teeth out, as well!
20190514_122337.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
First thing: rotate the image. Second: ignore it and turn up the heating. Pour a glass of something. Anything. Watch it through the window. Have a snooze. Buy a device that will wake you when the weather improves. Try to imitate hibernatory creatures.View attachment 57452
Kirkie, I love how you chose to connect the dots in this post. It painted the picture you wanted us to see...clever, and in such a "one of a kind" way!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
As I was saying earlier...I saw this fish on ice in the window of a Santiago restaurant. I can finally download (or upload) the picture now of this "flat" guy. Not only would you be picking bones out of your meal, but you'd be picking teeth out, as well!
Looks like it could be the angler fish (Lophius piscatorius ). A very fine fish that makes a very delicious meal (no bones or teeth :p )

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Looks like it could be the angler fish (Lophius piscatorius ). A very fine fish that makes a very delicious meal (no bones or teeth :p )
I just googled, similar but the angler is more spherical shaped. My guy is flat as a pancake...maybe they pounded him down to eliminate the "scare" factor!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013) San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
View attachment 57495
...but you would maybe catch a few holy turns of phrase. Monkfish.
Screenshot 2019-05-17 at 23.55.33.png

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Saw this ad in a mag on my flight. Van Gogh lopped off his own ear...just like BB did. I wonder if they were both lapping up this same powerful French drink when they did it...ouch!
Screenshot_2019-05-18-03-47-57.jpg

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
That's better, NYC. I happened to see "caption" and had no clue.😉 Love this!

Edit- On a second look it seems we only need up to a dozen of those flags for 2019.😐
For Pete’s sake.

Where’s Pete?

I miss his good mornings.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
For Pete’s sake.

Where’s Pete?

I miss his good mornings.
Yes, where is he? I miss his flowers and all things calming and lovely that he gives us.

Another new avatar for you...you are going into chameleon mode lately!

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
I had to give this a sad face "like". It's unfair. How could you NYC? Brazil is there twice and Scotland three times. Please edit and resubmit. 😈
Couldn’t see two Brazilian and three Scottish flags (that’s the first time Scotland will beat Brazil 3-2) but I could see two Finnish flags!

Last edited:

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yep, 40. Seeing the other answers though has me a bit confused. I will say though, if it's not a "trick" question, the answer SHOULD be 40. On the other hand, NYC is one sneaky lady!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
One answer to NYC's puzzle is 96 but there could be plenty more correct answers.

Don't use the plus sign. Instead think: there is some function (equation) f such that f(1,4)=5, etc. Find the function and then plug in 8 and 11.

f(a,b) = a * (b + 1)

On a related note, here is a 9 minute film, a satire with a twist ending, about a teacher correcting a student's answer of 22 to the question of what is 2+2

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
One answer to NYC's puzzle is 96 but there could be plenty more correct answers.

Don't use the plus sign. Instead think: there is some function (equation) f such that f(1,4)=5, etc. Find the function and then plug in 8 and 11.

f(a,b) = a * (b + 1)

On a related note, here is a 9 minute film, a satire with a twist ending, about a teacher correcting a student's answer of 22 to the question of what is 2+2

Brilliant...I loved this movie! Now I've learned that there are multiple answers to the same math question!😂

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

f(a,b) = a * (b + 1)

🎼You're a brainiac, brainiac, for sure...!🎼

🎼I wish I was a brainiac, brainiac, but I'm a maniac, maniac for sure!...🎼😂😂

Last edited:

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
I had to give this a sad face "like". It's unfair. How could you NYC? Brazil is there twice and Scotland three times. Please edit and resubmit. 😈
Well Rick , counting is not your strongpoint as we know thats why you are forgiffen for counting Scotland 3 times instead of 1 .🤣

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well Rick , counting is not your strongpoint as we know thats why you are forgiffen for counting Scotland 3 times instead of 1 .🤣
Ooooh, good one, Peter...quite the bullseye! I'm down with that! 😅😁😄

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013) San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)

f(a,b) = a * (b + 1)

Rick, and your beloved and ultra mysterious Peg, this is absolutely totally and wonderfully tanfaastic! Pc gone totalmente crazy!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Couldn’t see two Brazilian and three Scottish flags (that’s the first time Scotland will beat Brazil 3-2) but I could see two Finnish flags!
Where's the Irish flag???

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Don’t know Annette...but we’ve all got different answers. 😂😂
That's great BB, because I don't even understand the question, let alone work out the answer!!
I was never any good at maths!
In fact, I was so bad, they wouldn't even let me take the exam!!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I think you are mistaking Scotland's white X on blue with Finland's blue cross on white.

Brazil 1: North of UK, 2 away.
Brazil 2: South of Australia.
Scotland 1: Southeast of Canada.
Scotland 2: Northeast of UK, 2 away.
Scotland 3: UK (Look at it. It's Scotland's flag that someone defaced by trying to cross and X it out in white and red. Really.)

Screenshot_20190519-154408.png

Last edited:

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
I think you are mistaking Scotland's white X on blue with Finland's blue cross on white.

Brazil 1: North of UK, 2 away.
Brazil 2: South of Australia.
Scotland 1: Southeast of Canada.
Scotland 2: Northeast of UK, 2 away.
Scotland 3: UK (Look at it. It's Scotland's flag that someone defaced by trying to cross it out in white and red. Really.)

View attachment 57587
Yes sure , You can talk / explane or whatever there is only one Scottish flag.😉

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 158 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%