A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Dang, I didn't notice. There are three Dutch flags. Well, I think the French may say two but then the Dutch may say one flag there is upside down.
Have you guys all heard of "straining at gnats"?...Well you all are "straining at flags"! 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Dang, I didn't notice. There are three Dutch flags. Well, I think the French may say two but then the Dutch may say one flag there is upside down.
I say the flags are all very pretty colors!

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
NYC, you have changed your avatar once again...it is now called an Avamorphtar!

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
Good morning to you all. View attachment 56623
few weeks ago, my eldest nephew who is now 20yo, chatted about some fun memories with me hiking or going to the park or playing, and even hard part for being disciplined. for all those years im meeting him only every 2 years, if got lucky every once a year...not every time is valued for its worth, regretfully most often by its price.

Peter Fransiscus

Do more than just exist.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
few weeks ago, my eldest nephew who is now 20yo, chatted about some fun memories with me hiking or going to the park or playing, and even hard part for being disciplined. for all those years im meeting him only every 2 years, if got lucky every once a year...not every time is valued for its worth, regretfully most often by its price.
That is so true Yaying. 🙏❤

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Meanwhile back to some serious sock business....part of a good savings plan!
View attachment 57666
I mostly find wet, shredded kleenex sticking all over my clothes...it makes me sooo mad!
Occasionally I find real money and I'm glad quality paper is used in the making or it would end up like the kleenex. When found it can no longer be called "filthy lucre".

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I don't care what color of laces are used...but they absolutely must compliment the color of the shoes you are wearing...same with the socks...and the clothes.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Hi Turga...about time we had some really serious shoe lace discussion going..black,coloured,striped...what goes with red socks and what doesnt?...I think this not very serious subject needs thinking about.
As a Dane I go with white laces to my red socks. You just need to wash and iron them every evening after walking together with the other stuff 🇩🇰 :p

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
As a Dane I go with white laces to my red socks. You just need to wash and iron them every evening after walking together with the other stuff 🇩🇰 :p
Should I go nashonalll with blue and white...oh the choices!!!
Oh no! An iron too???? What about the weight in my pack? I won’t have room for an ironing board!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Should I go nashonalll with blue and white...oh the choices!!!
Oh no! An iron too???? What about the weight in my pack? I won’t have room for an ironing board!!
Forget the iron and board. Why should you be the ONLY one with wrinkle free shoelaces and clothing...who cares! Wrinkly everything is stylin' on the Camino...very posh indeed!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
An iron too???? What about the weight in my pack? I won’t have room for an ironing board!!
Why should you be the ONLY one with wrinkle free shoelaces...who cares!
You know the 10% “rule”. But you have to have your priorities right! If weight is a problem then just dump some clothes, toiletries, blister remedies and your relaxation shoes. :p

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
You know the 10% “rule”. But you have to have your priorities right! If weight is a problem then just dump some clothes, toiletries, blister remedies and your relaxation shoes. :p
Words of wisdom indeed...when it comes to shoelaces priorities matter. I am so glad I brought the subject up..as a non Camino fashionista I need to know!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Now there's a not so Great Turga thought!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have all kinds of thoughts! 🤪

That one is going to keep me occupied for quite a while! ;)
Wow, Turga and I are finally on the same page...both undecided! Could I be a brainiac in the making...nah, doubt it!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Back to the shoe laces. The accepted wisdom is that a gram on the feet is equivalent to 5 grams in your backpack. So, keeping that in mind:
  • Wash the dirt off them each time you stop. Don't go any farther until they dry.
  • Cut off any unneeded length. I recommend cutting the middle out as you need both ends to be able to tie them. Also it makes lacing easier.
  • For every gram of shoelace moved from the feet to the pack you reduce your perceived load by 4 grams so undo whatever shoelace you have left after cutting and store safely at the bottom of your pack until you really need to put them back on.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Back to the shoe laces. The accepted wisdom is that a gram on the feet is equivalent to 5 grams in your backpack. So, keeping that in mind:
  • Wash the dirt off them each time you stop. Don't go any farther until they dry.
  • Cut off any unneeded length. I recommend cutting the middle out as you need both ends to be able to tie them. Also it makes lacing easier.
  • For every gram of shoelace moved from the feet to the pack you reduce your perceived load by 4 grams so undo whatever shoelace you have left after cutting and store safely at the bottom of your pack until you really need to put them back on.
Hilarious! I never thought of cutting the middle out. What a weight saver!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yes, but don't forget to tie the cut ends together before lacing or you will lose your shoes on the trail...that's why all the discarded (lost) ones are along the way. They now serve as trail markers...more fun to see than yellow arrows.😁

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Another thought...T shirts or string vests?
Or just a piece of string to cover the embarrassing bits!
How about duck/duct tape. It will stick to all the embarrassing parts. Some folks need more wrapping than others...bring the whole roll...and you can wear your outfit in the shower and it won't get ruined!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
If it's the end of red socks, Turga, you will be in trouble. I see you are wearing red, but can't quite bend over to switch to a new color. Oh, the perils of your species...slow and inflexible. That's what your wife tells us anyway! 😂
Screenshot_2019-05-21-07-52-00.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Weight savers in your backpack walking many kilometers on the Camino translate into life savers in helping you get all the way to Santiago!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I can't believe you are all making puns at my expense...I was totally serious in my post #6276! Yes, I most certainly was...not!😀

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Cc,

I didn’t know you were a ballerina.

Because, you humor is growing by leaps and more leaps.
This is huge coming from you, the queen of all things dry and funny. You give all the men a run for their money!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
But NYC... you would be running if you put the Walkers down.
Exactly, once I finish these Lay’s, look below, I’ll be running to my car to drive to myhair appointment at 11am. I am currently lying in bed not laying in bed, I just look up to verify proper use.

6FFFA619-093E-4BDF-BE00-17980EE2D649.jpeg

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 156 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%