A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
This time I really want to get 15 more minutes of sleep.

Priorities!
NYC, is your new avatar the back side of your cell phone? Awesome! Seashells carry lots of sounds...usually gossip! Have you ever heard of a "shell ear"!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I know you’ll “make plenty” Turga...I’ve seen your shipping charges 😂😂😂
I only need one of each...should be only $1000 shipping to me.
I'm gonna take them to a local stitchery and have them made like the ones Ivar sells!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
If you are going to have them stitched, then why do you want me to print, laminate and cut some and send them to US? Just make a print and take it to the stitchery; or just bring the pictures on your phone. :rolleyes:
Do it anyway. Just send the paper. I have laminate. Stop worrying..just do it! Please!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ok, I don't know where I got this photo from, but I've been waiting to throw it in the mix...Although I have never used drugs, nor even smoked one cigarette, if I think of peeps who have used hallucination drugs...this reminds me of what they might imagine and "trip" on...😜
Screenshot_2019-05-23-05-49-10.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Do it anyway. Just send the paper. I have laminate. Stop worrying..just do it! Please!
P.S. My intention is to get them made into stitchery...but if I fail (as in procrastinate cuz I occasionally can be a hypocrit), then I will laminate them myself. Just pop one or two of each in a simple envelope!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Good morning, Turga...or is it almost noon for you.
Why did the tortoise decide not to cross the road?
Because he knew he'd definately be road kill if he did.

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Ok, I don't know where I got this photo from, but I've been waiting to throw it in the mix...Although I have never used drugs, nor even smoked one cigarette, if I think of peeps who have used hallucination drugs...this reminds me of what they might imagine and "trip" on...😜
View attachment 57864
Don't you think you have been sipping too much of that yellow stuff?.... 🤪

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have a creepy feeling I'm being manipulated.... o_O
Why do men always think that...not true and I'm not bossy either. I only give gentle reminders once in awhile. Is that what's callled nagging? Men hate that so eventually they just...do what they are told, I mean asked!😂

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Why do men always think that..
Because it’s the truth…. ;) (who is paranoid? o_O )

so eventually they just...do what they are told, I mean asked!
Not this one…. :D

Ok, seriously (seriously!); If all you need is a paper print of the badge, it will be so much easier and faster if you just print it yourself. If you are uncertain how to do it, here is a little script that I hope will help you:
  • Right click on the image and choose “Save image as”
  • In the dialog box that appears, for File-type choose “JPEG Image”
  • As save-to folder choose fx Desktop
  • Press “Save”
  • Locate the image icon on the Desktop; right-click the image and choose “Print”
And voila…! 🐢

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Ok, seriously (seriously!); If all you need is a paper print of the badge, it will be so much easier and faster if you just print it yourself. If you are uncertain how to do it, here is a little script that I hope will help you:
  • Press “Save”
  • Locate the image icon on the Desktop; right-click the image and choose “Print”
And voila…! 🐢
I get what you are saying, but I only use my phone. How about if you email me instead and just send the images as photos. Both badges, please, if that is ok I can send you a pm. I can print from there easier, or have help. Let me know. Are you sure you are willing to give up all of the lucrative shipping reimbursements $€£? 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You say "Not this one."...and why am I not surprised at all. I definately figured you to have a stubborn, hard outer shell for sure...but soft on the inside...wifey told me.😉

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You say "Not this one."...and why am I not surprised at all. I definately figured you to have a stubborn, hard outer shell for sure...but soft on the inside...wifey told me.😉
P.S. Turga, I think you are a bigger imp than me!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
I get what you are saying, but I only use my phone. How about if you email me instead and just send the images as photos. Both badges, please, if that is ok I can send you a pm. I can print from there easier, or have help. Let me know. Are you sure you are willing to give up all of the lucrative shipping reimbursements $€£? 😂
That’s a good idea –you are smart! :D

PM me your email address and I will send the image files. And about the shipping fee, I am not collecting worldly goods 😇 (we can split a bottle of vino tinto (on you) when we meet on the trail some day :p )

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.

• Press “Save”
And voila…! 🐢
Thank you.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
A lot of back and forth... and Rick is quite uncharacteristic...57886
Chris, you wound Turga round your little finger...
Everybody else, hi, great fun. Simple, and clean. I quite like that devil, actually. Maybe nycwalking can use it for her next avatar, given the rate of change these days, you will need a few in reserve.. but, on second thoughts, Cc is perhaps the best one to have that little devil as avatar. Let’s see what non serious stuff we can come up with over the next few days. And do not use a gadget for slicing potatoes like I did. A lot of red stuff and a bundle of plasters later, it is almost better...

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
A lot of back and forth... and Rick is quite uncharacteristic...View attachment 57886
Chris, you wound Turga round your little finger...
Everybody else, hi, great fun. Simple, and clean. I quite like that devil, actually. Maybe nycwalking can use it for her next avatar, given the rate of change these days, you will need a few in reserve.. but, on second thoughts, Cc is perhaps the best one to have that little devil as avatar. Let’s see what non serious stuff we can come up with over the next few days. And do not use a gadget for slicing potatoes like I did. A lot of red stuff and a bundle of plasters later, it is almost better...
Hi Kirkie, I hope you still have all eight fingers and two thumbs when you remove that plaster. Ouch!
Me, a little devil...no way! I'm with Rick on this...an angel all the way!😇💃

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
So, what’s the story on the time-piece, nycwalking???
If you’re lost and you look you will find me time after time. Cyndi Lauper.

If I could save time in a bottle. Jim Croce.

It’s my time. Kelly Price.

I know your passion is root beer NYC, but shouldn't your new clock avatar have a caption under it for the rest of us that says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"!
It’s 9:34 somewhere.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I know your passion is root beer NYC, but shouldn't your new clock avatar have a caption under it for the rest of us that says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"!
I resemble the 2L bottle too much: brown and completely round. No more Rootbeer says: doctor, family, friends, and me and myself and I.

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Kirkie, I hope you still have all eight fingers and two thumbs when you remove that plaster. Ouch!
Me, a little devil...no way! I'm with Rick on this...an angel all the way!😇💃
No serious harm done. Just a nasty looking gash. Isn’t that a nice word. Haven’t seen that on the forum before. Have you? Now, making the dinner and maybe will try to think of some time pieces...
For example,

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

NYC
If I could save time in a bottle

Just love that song and the words
Anyone.......for the Not so serious ...
Might try utube!!
Thanks NYC

Can tell that you love music

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
No serious harm done. Just a nasty looking gash. Isn’t that a nice word. Haven’t seen that on the forum before. Have you? Now, making the dinner and maybe will try to think of some time pieces...
For example,
Any leftovers Kirkie??
Smells good
But mind that knife ...please!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
"No Time"- Guess Who
This one brings back lots of memories for me, goes way back!

"It's Time"- Imagine Dragons
Work out music in our home gym. Let's see, when did I listen to it last...hmmm.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
We could devote a whole thread reminiscing on our favorite songs with "time" in the title.

Here's a favorite melancholy love song of mine by Barbra Streisand from the movie "The Way We Were". The song title is "Memories", but one verse..."Or has time rewritten every line" stands out. I know the whole song by heart...yeah, I can be an imp, but I'm also a romantic sap!
EDIT- A little TMI maybe?...who cares!

Camino(s) past & future

Thank you NYC
Just found Jim Croche on u tube
Had a little dance with the grandson...
He wasn't as keen to dance though!!

Just love that song
Will have another listen later

Camino(s) past & future
We could devote a whole thread reminiscing on our favorite songs with "time" in the title.

Here's a favorite melancholy love song of mine by Barbra Streisand from the movie "The Way We Were". The song title is "Memories", but one verse..."Or has time rewritten every line" stands out. I know the whole song by heart...yeah, I can be an imp, but I'm also a romantic sap!
EDIT- A little TMI maybe?...who cares!
Oh yes CC
Love that one too
I listen to it on my little iPod ...one among many to listen to on the caminos
Love the fast ones with a good beat though ..especially on Tarmac ..keeps the legs going like a,piston seeing as I have to take 2 strides for 1 of his!!

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Just a few playlist songs...

While walking
Red dirt Road (Brooks and Dunn)
Are you Red (The Clash)
When Relaxing at the end of the dsy
Red,red wine (UB40)
Arriving at the Albergue
Red light indicates the doors are secure (Arctic Monkeys)
Listening to the hum from your bunk
Red Mosquito (Pearl Jam)
When you get a bit tired of walking
Little red wagon (Audra Mae)
Little red corvette (Prince)

And.....When you go home
Red sails in the sunset (Bing Crosby)

Camino(s) past & future
Just a few playlist songs...

While walking
Red dirt Road (Brooks and Dunn)
Are you Red (The Clash)
When Relaxing at the end of the dsy
Red,red wine (UB40)
Arriving at the Albergue
Red light indicates the doors are secure (Arctic Monkeys)
Listening to the hum from your bunk
Red Mosquito (Pearl Jam)
When you get a bit tired of walking
Little red wagon (Audra Mae)
Little red corvette (Prince)

And.....When you go home
Red sails in the sunset (Bing Crosby)
Wow BB
I'm impressed!
You really do know your music/songs
Apart from Bing Crosby, UB40 and prince ..I've never heard of any of them
I'm still back in the 70s with all the disco music....good for walking!

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Just a little story to start the day with a chuckle and show the “apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”.
My youngest son is an artist and works on commissions. One day I went into the garage and he was working on a painting of the exterior of a property and it’s surroundings.
I commented that it was very good.
Two weeks later I saw him painting another, the conversation went like this....
Me “That’s good Charlie, see how word of mouth gets you more work. The neighbour must have seen your last one and wanted one of their own”
Son. “No dad...I painted the wrong house”.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Just a little story to start the day with a chuckle and show the “apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”.
My youngest son is an artist and works on commissions. One day I went into the garage and he was working on a painting of the exterior of a property and it’s surroundings.
Me “That’s good Charlie, see how word of mouth gets you more work. The neighbour must have seen your last one and wanted one of their own”
Son of a donkey man, yes....

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Wow BB
I'm impressed!
You really do know your music/songs
Apart from Bing Crosby, UB40 and prince ..I've never heard of any of them
I'm still back in the 70s with all the disco music....good for walking!
Ditto, Annette, on your whole post!...except for Pearl Jam. My boys loved them in their teens, even I like them. Lets throw out the ones we don't know!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
When’s the last time you heard a donkey preach?
Ooohh, love this! Touche'!
I think I have been givng you lots to pun on lately, NYC!
No, I neva heard a donkey preach and I think this one would neva qualify to be in the pulpit!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You’ve been knocking my red socks off lately.

Well done you.

It is 2:53 in the am.

I must get back to sleep.
The rain woke me up early, but no going back to bed. I'm two hours ahead of you...but never two puns ahead!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
It happens, you know..... :p
Yeah, when pigs fly.
(And Peter, don't you go posting a fake photo of pigs flying...they don't fly, and BB will never be a preacher!) Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Who wants to be waiting in a long line when the grass is greener around the corner? 🤪
But there are no red lights around the corner...but maybe that's where the one budging in just came from. It was no good over there after all.😂

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Yahoo Lifestyle: Man says someone broke into his home, cleaned his bathrooms and bedrooms.

On another webpage Minyvonne Burke wrote: "It was a clean getaway."

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
We must get our animal priorities right. What's a BMW between friends?
Someone just broke my hoover. That is exercising me much more right now. Could have something to do with the net bag it coughed up. The net bag that escaped from my camino box of tricks for holding items together.

Camino(s) past & future
Now, folks, in spite of having a variety of urgent type things to do, I just made up a word page of copies of turga's latest camino badge. Just find a friend if you don't have a printer. Never mind laminating. That takes 20,000 years to disintegrate. (Moi? Exaggerating? Hmm...) as for getting a cloth copy.. I am too lazy. I will print and somehow affix to my ancient rucksack with some kind of plastic bag. reused.
oh dear, I can't upload it. If I take a screenshot?..
Screenshot 2019-05-25 at 16.39.44.png

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Now, folks, in spite of having a variety of urgent type things to do, I just made up a word page of copies of turga's latest camino badge. Just find a friend if you don't have a printer. Never mind laminating. That takes 20,000 years to disintegrate. (Moi? Exaggerating? Hmm...) as for getting a cloth copy.. I am too lazy. I will print and somehow affix to my ancient rucksack with some kind of plastic bag. reused.
oh dear, I can't upload it. If I take a screenshot?..
View attachment 57980
Kirkie, I think we need to find 7 friends to share those badges with once we print them out!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
oh dear, I can't upload it. If I take a screenshot?.
You can convert the content of the word document to an image through these steps:
  • Open the “badge-document”
  • Open a new (empty) document
  • Switch to the “badge-document” and select the content of the document (Select all)
  • Copy the selection
  • Switch to the empty document and choose Paste/Paste Special and choose Image (extended metafile) and press OK
  • Right click somewhere in the “text” you just inserted in the new document and choose Save as image from the drop-down menu
  • In the dialog-box, type in a name for the image, select the file location you want (fx Desktop) and as File Type select PNG
Now you can upload the image as usual :)

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Ha ha BB
I think your son has taken after me !!

Some years ago as a District Nurse, I got a referral to go and see a lady who was confused and having difficulty with her medication...
So off I went..
Knocked at the door introduced myself and this little old lady on a walking frame let me in!
Upstairs we go to check her medication
She seemed very confident and not the least confused re the whole process and I said so!!

Patient......."nurse, are you sure you're in the right house"
Me..."this is 111 Fernhall road isn't it"?
Patient...No love, this is 111 Roman road"! .....I think you are the one that's confused" she said

I kid you not folks ...did we laugh or what.
Even now I can't believe it to this day
I could write a book!!

Camino(s) past & future
Yahoo Lifestyle: Man says someone broke into his home, cleaned his bathrooms and bedrooms.

On another webpage Minyvonne Burke wrote: "It was a clean getaway."
Yes I read this yesterday in the paper
Any chance you could get his/her number???
I can arrange to be out!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ha ha BB
I think your son has taken after me !!

Some years ago as a District Nurse, I got a referral to go and see a lady who was confused and having difficulty with her medication...
So off I went..
Knocked at the door introduced myself and this little old lady on a walking frame let me in!
Upstairs we go to check her medication
She seemed very confident and not the least confused re the whole process and I said so!!

Patient......."nurse, are you sure you're in the right house"
Me..."this is 111 Fernhall road isn't it"?
Patient...No love, this is 111 Roman road"! .....I think you are the one that's confused" she said

I kid you not folks ...did we laugh or what.
Even now I can't believe it to this day
I could write a book!!
Yes, Annette, they are practically twin stories for sure!
I have one as well. I used to hang wallpaper in residential homes. I was set to do a job in a bathroom while the owners were at work. They'd left the back door unlocked for me. I go in, set out all my tools, removed pictures and towel bars from the wall when I heard a noise. A lady walks in and asks what am I doing in her home! Opps, wrong house...
I was supposed to be across the street!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Hey. Call the Midwife isn't doing too badly.
I had a midwife deliver my second son. We were living in a school bus converted into a motor home at the time. He did a school report about it in fifth grade and titled it "Boy born in bus"...seriously!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
wallpaper
Speaking of wallpaper (but not trespassing) four of us moved into a house and I ended up with a room recently re-paperex by the landlady and her boyfriend. It was French Provincal in style with a pastoral scene with a young couple maybe 6 inches / 15 cm high. It took me two months though to notice that one sheet was hung upside down. Sometime later I notice, very close to a closet door, that the wallpaper matched at the ceiling and floor but somehow not in the middle.

Camino(s) past & future
Hey. Call the Midwife isn't doing too badly.
Hi Rick
Do you have this programme in the USA then???
Love it
I always cry though
And I love the lines at the end
My mother used to work as a community midwife in the 30s and 40s in this environment in Dublin ..the stories she used to tell!!!!
Most of the babies I delivered thought were in the hospital........times had moved on!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Speaking of wallpaper (but not trespassing) four of us moved into a house and I ended up with a room recently re-paperex by the landlady and her boyfriend. It was French Provincal in style with a pastoral scene with a young couple maybe 6 inches / 15 cm high. It took me two months though to notice that one sheet was hung upside down. Sometime later I notice, very close to a closet door, that the wallpaper matched at the ceiling and floor but somehow not in the middle.
They should have hired me for the job. I wallpapered for twelve years with only one unhappy customer and was able to rectify the issue she had...she ended up happy, making my success rate 100%...seriously.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
They should have hired me for the job. I wallpapered for twelve years with only one unhappy customer and was able to rectify the issue she had...she ended up happy, making my success rate 100%...seriously.
Continuing to speak of wallpapering, probably 40% of the jobs I got were from married couples who said they tried hanging some together themselves first. They said "Never again, we almost ended up divorced"!
I just smiled sweetly and was happy they needed my services. It was very rewarding helping to save so many marriages from disaster...and getting paid for it!😄

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%