A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
You and NYC are quite the competitors...you've won out twice in a row. I never pay attention to those post numbers...I'm oblivious. I probably could'a won! 😐
You definitely could'a and I wouldn't have minded. I'm not competing for century posts; I'm doing it to keep NYC from taking them in her sneaky, multi-post way.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
You definitely could'a and I wouldn't have minded. I'm not competing for century posts; I'm doing it to keep NYC from taking them in her sneaky, multi-post way.
👍 I get it...I've called her sneaky too. I think she loves it! (Don't ya, NYC, girl!☺)

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
You were saved by the kiddies. I had three: 10, 9, and 7 today. We were watching Avengers End Game this afternoon. And, then they proceeded to destroy the good times fighting over the phone and front seat privileges.

Also, sneaky; I’m waiting for higher number.🤣

You're right, Turga. A while back, Balaam's donkey let him know it wasn't nice to hit good little donkeys.
Poor Balaam was so surprised he almost fell off! But he mended his ways.
I wish the Universe would send me a talking ass. I could use some direction.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Yes, Annette, they are practically twin stories for sure!
I have one as well. I used to hang wallpaper in residential homes. I was set to do a job in a bathroom while the owners were at work. They'd left the back door unlocked for me. I go in, set out all my tools, removed pictures and towel bars from the wall when I heard a noise. A lady walks in and asks what am I doing in her home! Opps, wrong house...
I was supposed to be across the street!
Wallpaper hanger, motorhome resider, pilgrimager, I made the word up; CC you have lived some interesting life.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
I'm so ashamed. :oops::(

I suppose I should have said "You snooze, you lose." 😇
I prefer the original to the edited post! everybody knows there is only good natured banter on this thread, so no need to be minding your ps and qs, so long as it is all inclusive. I do hope you were not really ashamed, Rick, I certainly didn't take your post in a bad light. In fact, I am going to save the devil for future use!

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
I prefer the original to the edited post! everybody knows there is only good natured banter on this thread, so no need to be minding your ps and qs, so long as it is all inclusive. I do hope you were not really ashamed, Rick, I certainly didn't take your post in a bad light. In fact, I am going to save the devil for future use!
The devil is in the “D” tail!293C431F-B6DB-4B0B-8BC2-1882083C1619.jpeg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Somehow, Kirkie, I don't really think Rick was ever really ashamed!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I wonder, too, yaying, but sometimes all we can do is keep a little candle burning with someone’s name on it..
Yes, even just one little candle burning keeps them on our mind and in our heart.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Kirkie, are you a bit of an imp yourself? Sometimes I wonder about that!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Wallpaper hanger, motorhome resider, pilgrimager, I made the word up; CC you have lived some interesting life.
I think many of us who enjoy walking these pilgrimages have had a "colorful" past of some sort and are not fully "mainstream" folks as society would dictate as "normal"...at least not me. I have lived through a few interesting chapters of life. Let's add Jesus People commune in the mid 70's to my resume.😛

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I see that you changed your alias to something a little more 'girlish' - does that mean that you are going to be a little less 'impish'?
View attachment 58092
Well, I figured if you could change yours from this..."stgrphgdh", then I could change mine to be more girlish as Ive been mistaken for a guy a number of times. You are correct, but the imp in me stays...it's part of my endearing charm, don't cha think? 😂

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
A fair number of winners today, not that anybody is competing! Great stuff, folks. I have been looking for the umpteenth time at the Baztan route, for doing maybe 3 days into Pamplona. Depends on the mud though. Slipping and sliding isn't exactly my Voie!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
A fair number of winners today, not that anybody is competing! Great stuff, folks. I have been looking for the umpteenth time at the Baztan route, for doing maybe 3 days into Pamplona. Depends on the mud though. Slipping and sliding isn't exactly my Voie!
Kirkie, I thought you were walking the Ingles next.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Just did it NYC, and there were several models made...I'm sure I played with the vintage model. I can buy her on Ebay for $500 US!!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 154 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 24.9%