A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Or, talk back.🤣
Yes, sass back...like I did to my mom before she grabbed the broom to chase me around the dining room table. I'd run in the bathroom and lock the door, then she'd yell "You wait until your father comes home!" It ruined the rest of my day. 😐 (I've shared a little TMI maybe?) I'm an imp...I don't care!😂

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Yes, sass back...like I did to my mom before she grabbed the broom to chase me around the dining room table. I'd run in the bathroom and lock the door, then she'd yell "You wait until your father comes home!" It ruined the rest of my day. 😐 (I've shared a little TMI maybe?) I'm an imp...I don't care!😂
Remember, the animated show: “Wait til you father gets home”.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013) San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I saw this earlier. I did not know how to respond. I can only say: for all the stupid wars that have been fought, for all those who have died, including my father’s younger brother in a mistake in Italy where he was killed during a strike by a friendly nation... may God forgive us all.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I saw this earlier. I did not know how to respond. I can only say: for all the stupid wars that have been fought, for all those who have died, including my father’s younger brother in a mistake in Italy where he was killed during a strike by a friendly nation... may God forgive us all.
Kirkie, your post is why sometimes it's good to get refocused, even on this Not Serious thread occasionally. We Americans do celebrate Memorial Day with parades and food, although a tribute to our fallen soldiers in battle...never looked at it quite the way you just have. Forgiveness is an awesome, profound word when put into action.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
I want to post something on another thread but it would be insensitive for those who don’t have my sense of humour, or outrage at spellings that do not abide by the rules of my upbringing. So, I resort to venting here! Who cares!!! We will not be examined on correct usage. Or will we??? Come on, folks, give us an elephantine salve to my needless sense of superiority and “I’m right, so you must be wrong’!!!
I just found what looks like being a very informative document on our original animal - the melifump. I will return to reading it when i have put the Tarta De Santiago into the oven... I am giving it away so that I do not fall into almond temptation...

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Kirkie, I will not read all this interesting information😲, although I do have the time!
I do trust, however, that you know what you are talking about...you go, girl! 👍

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
I want to post something on another thread but it would be insensitive for those who don’t have my sense of humour, or outrage at spellings that do not abide by the rules of my upbringing. So, I resort to venting here! Who cares!!! We will not be examined on correct usage. Or will we??? Come on, folks, give us an elephantine salve to my needless sense of superiority and “I’m right, so you must be wrong’!!!
I just found what looks like being a very informative document on our original animal - the melifump. I will return to reading it when i have put the Tarta De Santiago into the oven... I am giving it away so that I do not fall into almond temptation...

You asked for it...roll on the elephants!!!
29586FE2-D83A-4D40-98F4-EE8916CC8A7B.png

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Question , Chris why is it now Chrissy?
Quite simple, Peter. Some people have thought I was a MAN as the name Chris often is a nickname for Christopher. My Mom always called me Chrissy. I think it is more "girly" sounding, so hopefully no more confusion!😉

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Didn't know where to post this but I have seen reports of large snakes somewhere on the Camino trail. If anyone recognises which route this is can you let us know so we can be safe.
View attachment 58143
Oh, yeah, Landon, I think you were MADE for this thread! Glad I met you yesterday!😉

Camino(s) past & future
Didn't know where to post this but I have seen reports of large snakes somewhere on the Camino trail. If anyone recognises which route this is can you let us know so we can be safe.
not sure why the video looks to be verboten, but anyway, welcome, I think you hit the right thread... but maybe that is enough of snakes for the moment...

View attachment 58143

Camino(s) past & future
Shh! The tarta De Santiago is not quite fool proof. It is now back in the oven, trying to reconstitute itself. Ah well, the recipients will eat it anyway. Not much harm can come to almonds in any shape or form!!! (check out the post of davebugg, tonight's dessert. I was too smart!!! life is too short to be upset. It just meant I got a taste of it before I threw it back in to the oven!
Screenshot 2019-05-28 at 17.16.03.png

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Shh! The tarta De Santiago is not quite fool proof. It is now back in the oven, trying to reconstitute itself. Ah well, the recipients will eat it anyway. Not much harm can come to almonds in any shape or form!!! (chef out the post of davebugg, tonight's dessert. I was too smart!!! life is too short to be upset. It just meant I got a taste of it before I therein all back in to the oven!
View attachment 58144
I've made Dave's recipe, too. I used a square pan though, as I'd given my round ones away. Funny thing though...it still tasted just the same as before! 😂

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

Kirkie
Just checked into the forum thread
It may be that I've just had an earlier than usual dose of my medicine (G andT) but I haven't a clue what you are talking about ...but that fart of Santiago sounds tasty
Can you keep a slice for me ....or better still a few slices when I come over to Dublin ?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
View attachment 58143
This is great
Laughed so much
I might add that I am terrified of snakes so must be such a bad person to find this so funny!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Kirkie
It may be that I've just had an earlier than usual dose of my medicine (G andT) but I haven't a clue what you are talking about ...but that fart of Santiago sounds tasty
Can you keep a slice for me ....or better still a few slices when I come over to Dublin ?
Uhh, Annette, does that Santiago Fart really sound appealing? Or are you pulling our leg?!😂I wouldn't put it past you!

Camino(s) past & future
Uhh, Annette, does that Santiago Fart really sound appealing? Or are you pulling our leg?!😂I wouldn't put it past you!
OMG
I need new glasses
Should have gone to Specsavers!
Blame the G and T ..just one ..honest
Now my eyes are rolling
I can't take my drink
Always said I was a cheap night out!

Camino(s) past & future
Kirkie
Not surprised, Annette. I did not want to spell out what i was saying because really I should mind my own business. Just give me fair warning and the Tarta will be ready for you to take down south next time you are over....

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
View attachment 58143
Love it.

This post makes you a true member of this thread.

Pick up your red socks, and badges as soon as possible.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Not surprised, Annette. I did not want to spell out what i was saying because really I should mind my own business. Just give me fair warning and the Tarta will be ready for you to take down south next time you are over....
You two are so fortunate to get together once in awhile...what a blessing!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Love it.

This post makes you a true member of this thread.

Pick up your red socks, and badges as soon as possible.
He still needs to go through our initiation process first and the board members must take a vote. I think there are a dozen of them.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

As a member of the herd, I heard you. And, the forum hordes will hear as well.

Teach us Kirkie, teach us.
677801A4-A3A5-40E8-88DC-668E55FA430B.jpeg

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Here are our newest board members who were voted in after the demise of the Rat Pack. From left to right...the chairman, the secretary, and the treasurer.
Screenshot_2019-05-28-19-44-19.jpg

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Here are our newest board members who were voted in after the demise of the Rat Pack. From left to right...the chairman, the secretary, and the treasurer.
View attachment 58190
Looks like my camino number two walking mates.

I went looking, well hoping for a... well, not all the way, but close or forever.

Anyway, I did find men: 6 Catholic priests, and 1 half-naked Bishop from Germany.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Looks like my camino number two walking mates.

I went looking, well hoping for a... well, not all the way, but close or forever.

Anyway, I did find men: 6 Catholic priests, and 1 half-naked Bishop from Germany.
And the plot thickens!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
And the plot thickens!
Got worse on camino number three.

Met so many priests I could have become one via osmosis.

While working as a hospitalera for the Confraternity of St. James my fellow wardens, British speak for hospie, dubbed me: The priest magnet!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Got worse on camino number three.

Met so many priests I could have become one via osmosis.

While working as a hospitalera for the Confraternity of St. James my fellow wardens, British speak for hospie, dubbed me: The priest magnet!
Boy, oh boy...the stories that come from walking the Caminos!...fascinating in so many ways! And no two are alike!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Kirkie, I will not read all this interesting information😲, although I do have the time!
I do trust, however, that you know what you are talking about...you go, girl! 👍
You were right to ignore the article. However, it does underline how smart our chief mascot is, throughout history...
This i didn’t know either, Bb’s alter ego as the Democrat mascot, and the GOP mascot...by the way, this is not pro or anti any party, just information.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You were right to ignore the article. However, it does underline how smart our chief mascot is, throughout history...
This i didn’t know either, Bb’s alter ego as the Democrat mascot, and the GOP mascot...by the way, this is not pro or anti any party, just information.
I learned more about the history behind our two political animals from the little video than I ever knew before...thanks, Kirkie!

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Nice!...and for many of us, this cup needs to be filled with coffee!
BTW, I thought you were a democrat...did you change parties?😂
To my shame I didn’t realise the cartoon was political...
I’m (in all things) a complete non conformist.and no affiliation to anything other than common sense, kindness and an ability to laugh!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
To my shame I didn’t realise the cartoon was political...
I’m (in all things) a complete non conformist.and no affiliation to anything other than common sense, kindness and an ability to laugh!
Awww, what a sweet reply...and to think I tease you mercilessly all the time! Shame on me, but I probably won't stop and everyone on this thread knows why!😉

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%