A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
To my shame I didn’t realise the cartoon was political...
I’m (in all things) a complete non conformist.and no affiliation to anything other than common sense, kindness and an ability to laugh!
I'm a non-conformist conformist. 😅

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
To my shame I didn’t realise the cartoon was political...
I’m (in all things) a complete non conformist.and no affiliation to anything other than common sense, kindness and an ability to laugh!
Not just the cartoon, but your favorite coffee mug from home, too..so your mama was a donkey, but your daddy an elephant! 😂
Edit- There is no shame in making a mistake...it is a yuuuman condition "here and there" at times.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
A non-conformist conformist imp 😁

Now who gave you that photo of me!
I say better safe than sorry! I have everything with me except @Robo's rice cooker...and I look horrible without my makeup. I shoulda brought it with me and left the tooth brush at home.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
You are welcome .... I go for the big game :p
I'm on my daily flat trail walk of nearly 3 miles. It's nice to have roaming on my phone. I stop and check my important notifications and there you are...slow, but steady!😁

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Hello, peeps, and now goodbye...see ya soon!✋
It’s been ages since the last time I listened to that one. For some reason I actually noticed the text this time. What nonsense! Very appropriate for this thread. Perhaps it’s one of the cases where it is an advantage not to be a native English speaker. When I listen to music with foreign texts, I can switch off my internal translation mode, and then it’s just ….. sound :)

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
LMAO!

Congratulations Pippi!
Sorry to steal your thunder, NYC! I won't participate in the challenge again. I'll leave it up to you and Rick to battle it out!
Yes, Pippi...my best storybook friend! I relate to what she is "all about"...she's me by osmosis...or me her!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Happy Ascension Day! (on the not-serious thread)

I have SAADD-Senior Adult Attention Deficit Disorder...what time is it, look at that tortoise, I'm going shopping, I had shrimp for dinner, where did that donkey go...yada, yida, yoda!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Oh, look! Squirrel.
Rick, this is uncanny as it's sooo ME! Sometimes when I'm out walking with a friend, in mid conversation I interupt her or even myself and say "Oh look, a squirrel"...or mushroom, or bird, or a house color I like. It's kinda rude, but I can't help myself! Do you have ESP or struggle with this syndrome yourself! 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Rick...🎼Oops, there goes another rubber tree, oops there goes another rubber tree plant!🎼
This was a song used when I took tap dancing lessons when I was a girl...just a few years ago...or should I say waaay too many years ago and then some!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
No way! I've never seen those squirrel jokes before! I guess many people share my self-proclaimed disorder...but it's not nice that we are being made fun of...I never knew we were until today! 😯😄
Chris,
You are not the only one
I think I have this ADHD too but never heard this as a child ...wasn't a disorder then....
Makes me wonder about all these "labels" these days ...don't get me wrong folks but maybe a good kick up the ass might sometimes be needed instead of medication that kids are subjected to or a bit more parental control
Mods.....take this post off if you think its controversial

In my case
People would just say..."oh, isn't she WILD"
Makes me laugh now at the description.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Forgot to add ....The Wooden Spoon.....
Anyone heard of the wooden spoon or is this an Irish thing
Used to be one over the cooker...more of a threat than anything else!

My mum did follow us a few times with the sweeping brush however
I tried the sweeping brush a few times myself but could never catch them ....just as well I suppose.
The grandchildren didn't believe me about the wooden spoon until I turned up with one a week later.
They went very quiet!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I've definately heard of the wooden spoon, but my mom preferred the broom as a scare tactic...see me "run and hide"! I musta' done a good job of getting out of the way cuz I don't recall that broom ever touching me.😅

Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
A hard liquor drink, not wine or beer. "Gin and Tonic"...what were you thinking, NYC? 😲
BTW, I haven't had one since March...they may be my fav, with lime, but I am no lush!
Just as well it's past the watershed...when programmes not suitable for children start..
Hope the mods are asleep or we'll be thrown off!!..these posts are so funny

No G and T since March Chris......yeah.....right!!...whatever you say!

Time for my shut eye now ..night folks

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Just as well it's past the watershed...when programmes not suitable for children start..

Thread timeline so fascinating.

Late afternoon for me, but not for you and you and you.

So long farewell, something, something, good night.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

I'm serious, Annette, it's been since March...scout's honor!
Just don't ask me about the Vino Verdi I drank on the Portuguese Camino!😉

Camino(s) past & future
Chris,
You are not the only one
I think I have this ADHD too but never heard this as a child ...wasn't a disorder then....
Makes me wonder about all these "labels" these days ...don't get me wrong folks but maybe a good kick up the ass might sometimes be needed instead of medication that kids are subjected to or a bit more parental control
Mods.....take this post off if you think its controversial

In my case
People would just say..."oh, isn't she WILD"
Makes me laugh now at the description.
My mum also used the wooden spoon in my young days in Ireland,so you could be right about it being an ""Irish thing "".

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013) San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Definitely Celtic, anyway... My granny had a ‘smell that and trimmle’ (tremble) stick. It was really a piece of wood used to smooth out the covers on the alcove bed in the flat, where there was very little possibility of moving the bed or mattress out to reach the far side. Or so I understand. I doubt it was ever used beyond being brandished as a threat!

Camino(s) past & future
I do not have Extra Sensory Perception, but I do have ABS, ESC, EBS and EPS –and I love it! :p :p
Morning Turga
So many letters after your name
You are indeed a well qualified tortoise

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
The terrain looks treacherous. BB must be climbing the Picos de Europa mountains. That's quite a challlenge considering it's his first Camino...although he probably is very "sure footed" and unlikely to stumble!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
In the back garden of a house I visited this afternoon... latest in a long line of resident foxes in the area.
View attachment 58335
We had a gray fox curled up in our back yard taking a nap on a cold late fall day last year. We thought he was poisoned or dead, but he was gone a few hours later.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
And from my early morning walk on our local trail...dandelions going to seed with morning dew. So pretty!
20190531_071542.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
Let's not post on Turga's equipment or we might be shut down.
That's what I thought
And what are you talking about Rick ..
You started this racket last night and then BB jumped in on the act .....
No sorry that's badly put
I'm outta here as you Americans say

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Well, I only know about five of the songs,

NYC, I know only about five of the songs, but maybe I'll look a few of the other ones up when I find some extra time...I'm retired.
Yes, it’s funny, not working.

I’ve been off work for a bit.

I am far busier now than I was while working.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yes, it’s funny, not working.

I’ve been off work for a bit.

I am far busier now than I was while working.
Not sure I am alot "busier" in retirement, but I seem to get far less accomplished. You have a lot on your "plate" in helping your family. I have already been through what you are now dealing with and you have my empathy; it is commendable and there is no greater service.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Not sure I am alot "busier" in retirement, but I seem to get far less accomplished. You have a lot on your "plate" in helping your family. I have already been through what you are now dealing with and you have my empathy; it is commendable and there is no greater service.
Back to red socks, with Turga and Bb on camino.

Camino(s) past & future
NYC
Chris
So true, been there too and it's a tough time
Now I often wonder how I ever found time to work!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I just saw a new thread on the forum this morning. The video is 30 minutes long so doubt I'll watch the whole thing, but I couldn't resist sharing it cuz I was wondering if it could be our very own Bristle boy...Hee haw!😛
EDIT- This is only a screenshot, not the actual utube video. If interested, you would need to go to the original forum post yourself...sorry.
Screenshot_2019-06-01-05-42-10.jpg

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ta da!!! I win again....!!! 😅
I think I posted all 100 by myself this time!😂

(I changed my mind and decided to participate after all...Sorry NYC and Rick, I couldn't resist cuz I noticed in the "rick" of time!)

Last edited:

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%