A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Of course. Even the teacher said it was impossible to teach me any class.
And that's why we know Peg has tried to teach you some class too, but you sent her to the basement cuz you got tired of hearing all of her suggestions...and I'm sure she was never bossy!๐Ÿ˜›

CWBuff

Camino(s) past & future
in Planning stage: Frances (SJPdP --> SdC) & Finisterre "2021"
My, @CWFields, you are quite the comedian...and know art and music as well, making you a well "rounded" fellow.๐Ÿ˜‚
I am quite rounded all right! I got a beer belly and I don't even drink beer :oops:

And as far as CWFieldsโ€ฆ..well....All things considered, I'd rather NOT be in Philadelphia...but I DO live in a suburb of it ;)

CWBuff

Camino(s) past & future
I don't get it...did a badger take a bite out of his Sombrero?
OK... not sure if you were joking but just in case....

A Mexican bandit leader named "Gold Hat" (portrayed by Alfonso Bedoya) tries to convince Fred C. Dobbs (Humphrey Bogart) that he and his company are Federales in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

A slightly misquoted line but the one that became much popular. First was uttered (IIRC by Mickey) on The Monkees

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I am quite rounded all right! I got a beer belly and I don't even drink beer :oops:

And as far as CWFieldsโ€ฆ..well....All things considered, I'd rather NOT be in Philadelphia...but I DO live in a suburb of it ;)
Maybe you drink too much of the hard stuff, Buffy, or soft drinks!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Hennessy XO Black is the preferred choice! But I can do Stoli in a pinch if need be (National Pride you know ๐Ÿพ)
Soft drinks.... yeah.. that would be Malbec or Riesling
Ah ha! So I was right about the "liquids". I know the soft drinks you mention๐Ÿ˜‰, but the others mentioned are a foreign language to me.๐Ÿ˜‚

CWBuff

Camino(s) past & future
๐Ÿ˜‚ it was...with a West Country British accent! ๐Ÿ˜‰
I know what you're saying! In my CW life I do speak with a Southern-Russian accent

Story to point - I portrayed Lt-G James Longsteet. Plenty of time as I was speaking to camp visitors they would very timidly ask me "Pard'n me General but I can't help but notice the accent (and I tell ya... 44 year living in US and I still can't shake it off). Where are you from?"
And I would say Why JAW-JAH of co'se!... the Odah Jaw-jah
And some would get it and some would not ๐Ÿ˜

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I know what you're saying! In my CW life I do speak with a Southern-Russian accent

Story to point - I portrayed Lt-G James Longsteet. Plenty of time as I was speaking to camp visitors they would very timidly ask me "Pard'n me General but I can't help but notice the accent (and I tell ya... 44 year living in US and I still can't shake it off). Where are you from?"
And I would say Why JAW-JAH of co'se!... the Odah Jaw-jah
And some would get it and some would not ๐Ÿ˜
Yes, I know you are saying the state of Georgia, but I'm from 'round Chicago's "way out" outskirts.
The rest of your post is "way over" my head! I'm just a simple lady who likes "soft drinks".๐Ÿ˜›

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Malbec and Riesling are foreign language :rolleyes:
Well then, we are total opposites...well not entirely. I do like G&T's and I just returned from a girl's outing in the Windy City yesterday.She convinced me to have a Long Island iced tea which I hadn't had for 30 years and I liked it and it liked me back!๐Ÿ˜› Maybe you could start a new thread..."All things alcohol". This thread is supposed to be a nonsense thread...although when people become inebriated, they do talk lots of nonsnse!

CWBuff

Camino(s) past & future
LIITs are my fave mixed drinks when I decide to go that rout. found that an extra wedge of lime truly does the trick for me as it completely masks the taste of alcohol (of course one has to be careful not to...overdo in this case).
As to the new thread.... NAW... you'll get to many Rioja wine suggestions (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
My LIIT had a wedge of lemon...after all it is iced tea! But my G&tT must have a lime in it..peeps make note. That said I mostly only drink them in March.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Weโ€™ve been there CC...itโ€™s, well letโ€™s say, unique!
Been to the land of Wurzel, or live there!๐Ÿ˜ I'll see what Annette has to say about that. Oh, what about a Liverpool accent...I loved the Beatles!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Just invented a new game...Iโ€™m sure it will catch on! Especially designed for one player..

View attachment 59176
Now this game I understand! That other one you posted looked like a version for someone without ADD! It practically made my head spin!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I just love good old President Abraham Lincoln. And when he's not busy quoting from the internet by osmosis, he plays with his adorable pet cheetah, named "Bristle".
20190611_095530.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
If Bristle's mother was a cheetah then can you really be sure that the father was a badger?
Not really, except I thought it was confirmed by the badger's other bristle relative...he should be the one to know.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
On second thought I think I'm perfect now...I'd only repeat that same perfection. ๐Ÿ˜
On third thought I'd rather have the power to wave a magic wand over the globe and have world peace...or is that a Wish and not reincarnation.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Too bad reincarnation is not true
Well, in a sense it is true. Atoms have an extremely long lifespan (billions & billions of years) and the number of atoms in the universe and on Earth is pretty stable; so atoms are recycled. Every human body, yours for example, contains atoms that was once part of other humans and animals, or rocks or trees; and the atoms of your body will at some point be part of future creatures and structures. I find it a comforting thoughtโ€ฆ ๐Ÿคช

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, in a sense it is true. Atoms have an extremely long lifespan (billions & billions of years) and the number of atoms in the universe and on Earth is pretty stable; so atoms are recycled. Every human body, yours for example, contains atoms that was once part of other humans and animals, or rocks or trees; and the atoms of your body will at some point be part of future creatures and structures. I find it a comforting thoughtโ€ฆ ๐Ÿคช
I find it very unsettling. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜œ
You are too dang smart for your own "shell".

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Maybe you'd like to become a sheep next time 'round?
Well, itโ€™s a service animal.

But: sheep lead to a slaughter.

I love lamb chops and warm wool sweaters and coats.

I could provide those next time around. Sort of a sacrificial lamb thing.

Um, Iโ€™ll sleep on it.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Or a nightmare as I head back to sleep.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
This is the reincarnation team that fixes us for the next time 'round...maybe I'll have two left feet.
Screenshot_2019-05-30-22-04-12.jpg

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%