A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
That says it all, BB!☺...sometimes it's just so d#&n difficult though.😐
I see the glass full, half empty, partially empty, but rarely fully empty..
I'm a fickle imp!😂

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That's a puzzler! Good question for a quantum physicist if ya know any of those 🤪
Maybe if both you and Rick put your big heads together they will spark the charge and the puzzle will be answered!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
After all this talk about atoms and photons and electrons flying all over the place, here is a little song about flying to cheer you up:

What a great rendition of this old song I've always loved. I used to sing it under a gospel tent in 1978! 😉

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
And now, back to some silliness at the expense of BB. That poor donkey often gets the brunt of our puns, but is a good sport.

Screenshot_2019-06-15-06-06-41.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
ohhhh to all men with or without children....
happy fathers day!
Oops, I forgot...thanks for the reminder!
I gotta run out quickly to the nearby grocery store...maybe giving him MY favorite candy will suffice. I'm sure he will want to share it. He already gets Father's Day gifts every week from his girlfriend, Amazon! 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
The combination of liquors and additives in L.I. Ice Tea, which is where I grew up, would be enough to make me go the emergency room.... btw there is no “tea” in it but perhaps a bit of TNT!
Well, the drinks of today often have so much ice in the glass that the liquor is minimal, (why I normally stick with a glass of wine) even in that LIIT I had. The TNT was Coke!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Already been there -in my country it's Father's day on June 5, but thanks anyway :)
So then, are you enjoying your new "wrist watch"? How many times a day is your average...and are you going to compete with Rick for who gets the most per week? 😛

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
So then, are you enjoying your new "wrist watch"? How many times a day is your average...and are you going to compete with Rick for who gets the most per week? 😛
Turga wins. I've trained myself to only pass silent ones. Far beyond the fun of hearing the toots is the fun of hearing "Who did that?"

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Turga wins. I've trained myself to only pass silent ones. Far beyond the fun of hearing the toots is the fun of hearing "Who did that?"
Why don't you train yourself to do neither...it just might be possible.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I'm currently watching the American team devastating the Chilean team in the initial round of the Women's soccer world championship, already ahead 3 to zero after 40 minutes - those chicks are hot!! ⚽
I thought tortoise chicks look just like the males...all the same. See above GIF. 😂

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
Hi everyone. I realize you are having fun but (isn't there always a "but") Moderators have had to intervene in this Thread to remove a couple of inappropriate images following Reports.

I have just spent a fair chunk of my evening trying to follow this Thread and be confident that Forum rules are being followed. Little Dog would much rather have been walking the South Downs than sat on my lap in front of a computer screen and I would much rather have been doing that to. I'd rather have been eating my supper than trying to review some 74 pages of "fun".

So: Please have fun. But please do not post copyrighted images unless you have the permission of the copyright holder, and yes, that does include all those lovely images you can find by surfing. If it doesn't belong to you it is not yours to post. If you aren't sure check your rights under Creative Commons (yes, thats right - you don't have any).

Please do not post images of individuals who have not given their express consent to publication in the context of that publication.

And please do not post images that some may find offensive or disturbing.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
So sorry, Tincatinker, for the extra work you were assigned or volunteered for to monitor this long thread. I will personally work at being more careful, tactful, and I will have to learn about the copyright rules as well, before posting pictures. Thank you.

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Hi everyone. I realize you are having fun but (isn't there always a "but") Moderators have had to intervene in this Thread to remove a couple of inappropriate images following Reports.

I have just spent a fair chunk of my evening trying to follow this Thread and be confident that Forum rules are being followed. Little Dog would much rather have been walking the South Downs than sat on my lap in front of a computer screen and I would much rather have been doing that to. I'd rather have been eating my supper than trying to review some 74 pages of "fun".

So: Please have fun. But please do not post copyrighted images unless you have the permission of the copyright holder, and yes, that does include all those lovely images you can find by surfing. If it doesn't belong to you it is not yours to post. If you aren't sure check your rights under Creative Commons (yes, thats right - you don't have any).

Please do not post images of individuals who have not given their express consent to publication in the context of that publication.

Thank you @Tincatinker for the reminder. When it comes to copyrighted content, yes, we have to be careful about that. Copyright laws are extremely complicated (at least in my country) but alas, that is no excuse for violation. I guess the safe option is to assume, that all rights belong to the creator, but there is a distinction between “commercial use” and “non-commercial use”. Generally, commercial use is always prohibited, whereas non-commercial use is more of a grey zone.

Anyway, there are many pictures/drawings on the Internet that are not copyrighted or that are allowed to be used non-commercially and they are quite easy to find using this approach:
  • Do a “normal” search on Google (ex. search for “flowers”)
  • On the ‘Option Bar’ at the top of the page, choose “Images”
  • Next choose “Tools” on the Option Bar and a sub-option bar will appear
  • In the sub-option bar there will be an option named “Copyrights” or “User Rights” or something like that
  • Click on this option and in the drop-down menu that appears choose for instance the option “Non-commercial use”
The search results are now filtered, so that only items that you are allowed to use non-commercially are shown.

Last edited:

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
Tha

Please do not post images of individuals who have not Tgiven their express consent to publication in the context of that publication.

Thanks for the reminder.

FamPed

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
Already been there -in my country it's Father's day on June 5, but thanks anyway :)

In the article you find why Sweden celebrates Fathers day in November, you also find all the different dates for Fathers days around the world. Happy Fathers day (when it's your turn) to all fathers around the globe.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Hi everyone. 😊 I wish you all a lovely summer. 🐌🐝🐞🍉🍓🍻🌞
Me too FamPed
It is Summer.....I think!!
Last week we had 4 days of heavy rain....not too bad in London but further North ...severe flooding and some more again this week
Mind you, the garden looks green,green,green!!
Would prefer the sun however ...which has, kind of, arrived today...I think!!
For us though, it's off to sunny Invierno in 6 days
Now...i had better look up the weather in Santiago...might need those ponchos!!

This is serious folks...not not so serious ...serious!

FamPed

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
Me too FamPed
Last week we had 4 days of heavy rain....not too bad in London but further North ...severe flooding and some more again this week

Sound's like we have had the same weather. My allotment is also green, green. I have planted a new hedge, and I hardly had to water it. Most of the rain has fallen at night.

Yesterday I had my first dipp in a lake (this summer), and if you all had been there, you would not have missed how not serious that was. 😉😊

Annette, have a lovely walk! 🌞🍷🐌

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Me too FamPed

Annette, I wish you a fantastic Camino on the Inveirno! That is "biting off" a big chew to tackle, but I'm sure you will be rewarded in a big way. Wishing you a happy and healthy "good walk"!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thank you @Tincatinker for the reminder. When it comes to copyrighted content, yes, we have to be careful about that. Copyright laws are extremely complicated (at least in my country) but alas, that is no excuse for violation. I guess the safe option is to assume, that all rights belong to the creator, but there is a distinction between “commercial use” and “non-commercial use”. Generally, commercial use is always prohibited, whereas non-commercial use is more of a grey zone.

Anyway, there are many pictures/drawings on the Internet that are not copyrighted or that are allowed to be used non-commercially and they are quite easy to find using this approach:
  • In the sub-option bar there will be an option named “Copyrights” or “User Rights” or something like that
  • Click on this option and in the drop-down menu that appears choose for instance the option “Non-commercial use”
The search results are now filtered, so that only items that you are allowed to use non-commercially are shown.
Thank you, Turga, for taking the time to post this information. All of these details help me to understand the rules.

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future

Great info...not so slow after all Turgs. It is the method I use except when I see the copyrighted sign and then discretion is the better part of valour...I hope!
I use cartoons and images when they augment the subject of the thread in a most “non serious” way and in the hope they amuse.
Hope everyone is having a lovely “green” summer and all the other colours of the rainbow....especially red!!
If I ever slip up...I’m sorry!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Me too FamPed

Pray you are have great weather and walk on Invierno.

Buen camino.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Trying not to break the rules.

Isn’t Rules an old restaurant in London?
Not a restaurant...rules are what I had growing up at home, in school, at work, the governing laws of the land...and on the forum.☺

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Is that the “Rules” restaurant in the Elephant and Castle district of London?

Edit: nope...it’s Covent Garden....but it should be!
I've heard of Covent Gardens and hope to get there some day. Not sure about Rules...the name scares this imp away! 😀

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Great info...not so slow after all Turgs. It is the method I use except when I see the copyrighted sign and then discretion is the better part of valour...I hope!
I use cartoons and images when they augment the subject of the thread in a most “non serious” way and in the hope they amuse.
Hope everyone is having a lovely “green” summer and all the other colours of the rainbow....especially red!!
If I ever slip up...I’m sorry!
RULES IS RULES BB!!
And if you break them ...you will be found out and dealt with accordingly!!!

I never break the rules ....and that's only because I'm unable to put any pictures or cartoons on the forum

In fact, if I had been able, then who knows what rules I might have broken ..and all because I wouldn't have had a clue about the rules that I was breaking!!!
Get it!!!! .......

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
RULES IS RULES BB!!
And if you break them ...you will be found out and dealt with accordingly!!!

I never break the rules ....and that's only because I'm unable to put any pictures or cartoons on the forum

In fact, if I had been able, then who knows what rules I might have broken ..and all because I wouldn't have had a clue about the rules that I was breaking!!!
Get it!!!! .......
But, have you been to Rules?

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 158 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%