A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Don’t be smart...Imp.
Ha!😁 I'll bet you set up your own smart tv the same way Jimi Hendrix could play guitar behind his back! You were just tryin' to make me feel better cuz you are a good vpal! I know you are no dummy!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yes, and I plan to do it again this year (and not write a book about it!) -I like it :p
But I loved your book! Write one again and include all your ailments along the way, such as skinned knees and broken ribs after stumbling from too much vino tinto or oruja!😂

Bristle boy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Could I recommend “The Glory of Gershwin”
a CD of Gershwin songs sung by contemporary musicians (Sting, Elton John, Robert Palmer, Lisa Stansfield amongst others)....bliss! ....and not forgetting Larry Adler...
If it is your taste.....enjoy!
It always blows my (red) socks off!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Could I recommend “The Glory of Gershwin”
a CD of Gershwin songs sung by contemporary musicians (Sting, Elton John, Robert Palmer, Lisa Stansfield amongst others)....bliss! ....and not forgetting Larry Adler...
If it is your taste.....enjoy!
It always blows my (red) socks off!
Your enthusiasm is contagious! I will try to give it a try quite soon as I am unfamiliar with the cd, although I do know a couple of the artists you list.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
What book? 😳 Tell me, tell me, tell me 🙂
I am sorry, Domigee. I guess it was just more of an inside joke. Last summer I think, Turga wrote a lengthy account of getting lost on his Camino he had just finished on a different thread. It was very humorous. Then I had just finished walking the Portuguese route a month ago and I had fallen, skinned my knees and fractured 2 ribs so I just was being silly with Turga...sorry that it gave the wrong impression. It's just all nonsense!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have a dusting fettish cuz I love doing it and am compelled to perform my "happy task" almost daily...a little OCD I think. But I totally dislike mopping the floors and put it off as long as possible.
How about you? Do you have favorite and worst household chores?
(This is my attempt to breathe some life in this thread today...where is everyone!)
Screenshot_2019-06-20-07-12-40.jpg

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
I have a dusting fettish cuz I love doing it and am compelled to perform my "happy task" almost daily...a little OCD I think. But I totally dislike mopping the floors and put it off as long as possible.
(This is my attempt to breathe some life in this thread today...where is everyone!)
View attachment 59598
I have good news for you! I'll let you do all the dusting you want in my home -and all for free! You won't find a better deal anywhere! 😄

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have good news for you! I'll let you do all the dusting you want in my home -and all for free! You won't find a better deal anywhere! 😄
Ok! It's a deal, but only if you return the favor and come do my mopping. Let's see...You swim slowly across the Atlantic, then continue crawling west as far as Illinois. I'll see you in 2021 and the mopping will be horrendous by then. But free is free, so what the hay! 😛

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
View attachment 59598
Hi Chris,
CHORES!!
Sorry all chores to me are chores
In fact I have these 2 little magnets on my wall...just to remind me image.jpegimage.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I have a dusting fettish cuz I love doing it and am compelled to perform my "happy task" almost daily...a little OCD I think.
Just what type of dusting makes you happiest?

Dust (as verb)
  • remove the dust from the surface of (something) by wiping or brushing it.
  • cover lightly with a powdered substance.
  • beat up or kill someone.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Well whilst we are on the subject of chores....
A recent discussion with the daughters!!

I HAVE a dishwasher

It's 69 years old
In good working order
I don't have to load it or switch it on
It starts automically in the morning
Does an excellent job
Even dries the dishes and
never breaks down

So stop bugging me about getting a mechanical dishwasher ...I don't want one that I can't converse with!!
And Turga and Chris.....no dusting or mopping floors at your homes...there's enough dusting and mopping to do right here!!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Just what type of dusting makes you happiest?

Dust (as verb)
  • remove the dust from the surface of (something) by wiping or brushing it.
  • cover lightly with a powdered substance.
  • beat up or kill someone.
Rick, I've already said that dusting makes me happy. How interesting that you provide three definitions for dusting because I too, have three definitions, although quite different than yours! 😂

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

I HAVE a dishwasher

It's 69 years old
In good working order
Does an excellent job
never breaks down

So stop bugging me about getting a mechanical dishwasher ...I don't want one that I can't converse with!!
And Turga and Chris.....no dusting or mopping floors at your homes...there's enough dusting and mopping to do right here!!!
Annette, you are sooo funny! Thanks for all the extra laughs I get to enjoy by your participation on this thread! ☺

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
One of the few household chores that I like is to peel potatoes. I find that it is a very contemplative and philosophical activity...

Oh, Turga, you make me laugh 99.9% of the time. 😂😁😀
When I peel potatoes my mind is exclusively on how to avoid slicing my thumb with the peeler! 👍 The way these guys are sticking their thumbs out, looks like they are concerned as me!
"One potato, two potato, three potato four..." Is this part of a nursery rhyme? Can't quite remember...hmmm.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

I HAVE a dishwasher

It's 69 years old
In good working order
Does an excellent job
never breaks down

Mechanical dishwasher? It's really a mechanical friend! Don't knock it til you try it! 😂
Much better than standing at the sink!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Camino(s) past & future
Mechanical dishwasher? It's really a "mechanical friend"! Don't knock it til you try it! 😂
Much better than using your own power!
Hi chris'
Never wanted a dishwasher really
Still don't
Rarely do any washing up as the 69 year old one works perfectly well so far!!
The girls have dishwashers ...now an "essential" item apparently for any kitchen ...drives me mad just unloading the blessed thing.

Ahh....the magnets.....I pressed the button twice and then could not get rid of the 2nd picture!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, the one that does most good for the least amount of effort is shutting all the kitchen cabinet doors that Peg leaves open. Keeps me from needing a hospital visit too.
You apparently let her come upstairs to cook meals...much more work than slamming the cupboard doors shut afterward.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Hi chris'
Never wanted a dishwasher really
Still don't
Rarely do any washing up as the 69 year old one works perfectly well so far!!
The girls have dishwashers ...now an "essential" item apparently for any kitchen ...drives me mad just unloading the blessed thing.

Ahh....the magnets.....I pressed the button twice and then could not get rid of the 2nd picture!!
Paper plates.

Just saying.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
You don't have to plug it in. The way I use mine is like this:

1. Fill up 1/3 with used plates
2. Add 2-3 medium sized rocks
3. Put on ear-protection
4. Shake well for ½ minute

.... no more trouble with plates :p
You must have a garbage disposal then.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%