A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
My wife bought me a pair of glasses but took them back to the optometrist (optician)....I was still not seeing things her way!
I went to the ophthalmologist and bought myself a pair of glasses. My DH asked me if I really needed them and would I return them for a full refund. I said forget it...I am tired of not getting to 'see' things my way!

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
My wife bought me a pair of glasses but took them back to the optometrist (optician)....I was still not seeing things her way!
I went to the ophthalmologist and bought myself a pair of glasses. My DH asked me if I really needed them and would I return them for a full refund. I said forget it...I am tired of not getting to 'see' things my way!
You both sing this song: β€œI did it my way”!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Hah..
I did it
now I know how you all get these pictures on the thread
Blimey, I hope this isn't a copyright one
Ah well....too late

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Yes, I saw it too! A farmer allowing the wild flowers and weeds to grow. In the Daily Mail today
Yes BB I saw it on the paper then went online to see if I could find it there too
I just go between the paper and the online paper
Just honing my new skill!!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yes BB I saw it on the paper then went online to see if I could find it there too
I just go between the paper and the online paper
Just honing my new skill!!!
Oh good. Annette...now you can go nuts with posting pictures off the internet and be the one to get in all the trouble with the mods...instead of the rest of us!😜

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I've just learned how to take a screenshot ..so here goes
Saw this wonderful field of flowers in the paper today
In Somerset, England View attachment 59650
Glad your skills are accumulating.

Beautiful pic.

Sunrise, Somerset!

Sorry, β€œI’ve got music in me”.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No Way Pedro! Even the cats complain about my singing!
I thought Frank sang it...is Pedro Spanish for Frank? 😁 And this cat assumes you are being modest and sing very well..."hehaw, hehaww, heehawwww"! Yep, nice job, BB!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Oh good. Annette...now you can go nuts with posting pictures off the internet and be the one to get in all the trouble with the mods...instead of the rest of us!😜
You are so kind Chris,
I've never been in trouble in my life!!!
Now I just need to find the ha ha button and the Love button....I can see all the emojis but not those
More learning.
Anyway I'm off to have a few drops of "medicine" ..it's getting late here!

BB I thought it was "no way Hose"

And NYC..you certainly have that music in you...just chatting with you and you could burst into song at any minute..you sound like a fun person ...a bit like my sister.

Bristle boy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
You are so kind Chris,
I've never been in trouble in my life!!!
Now I just need to find the ha ha button and the Love button....I can see all the emojis but not those
More learning.
Anyway I'm off to have a few drops of "medicine" ..it's getting late here!

BB I thought it was "no way Hose"

And NYC..you certainly have that music in you...just chatting with you and you could burst into song at any minute..you sound like a fun person ...a bit like my sister.
It is Annette. My nod at”only fools” (only the brits would get that...sorry).
And it I think it’s Jose...πŸ˜‰

Camino(s) past & future
It is Annette. My nod at”only fools” (only the brits would get that...sorry).
And it I think it’s Jose...πŸ˜‰
Yes you are right BB..Jose ....a Brit thing....now now now .be careful there...no politics!!! Or they will be after us ....the "you know who" people!!

Camino(s) past & future
Well, BB, I know Annette's "medicine"...that's a Brit thing isn't it?πŸ˜› So, guess I'm not entirely out of the Brit loop!😁
Hi Chris
I've never heard it said anywhere....I think I started saying it when I'd get as high as a kite when all the grandkids were around and driving me up the wall .....as in "I need a medicine" ....sounds better than the alternative I suppose as in Nana needs a d...k.......They have big mouths sometimes!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Walking not going fast enough..
View attachment 59674
Turga pretends he walks the whole camino, but wifey drives the car to the next spot and picks him up. Last year when he was supposedly lost, he was, but they really turned off accidently on the wrong interstate.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
For you Downton Abbey fans - there is an immersive exhibit in Boston now through the end of September. They expect it will travel elsewhere but no site has been chosen yet. You can sign up for a newsletter though. Information at

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
For you Downton Abbey fans - there is an immersive exhibit in Boston now through the end of September. They expect it will travel elsewhere but no site has been chosen yet. You can sign up for a newsletter though. Information at
Please come to Boston by, Dave Loggins.

It’s too far for both the man and DA; too bad though.

Thanks for update.

Bristle boy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
"No way, Jose" is just as much an American thing as a Brit thing...I practically was born into this world saying that as some of my first words. It goes along with my stubborn impish side. And now that's the same thing Mexico's president is saying in regards to paying for "that wall". 😁
Yes...but β€œNo way Pedro” came from a British comedy called β€œOnly Fools and Horses”.
The main character had a habit of getting his phrases mixed πŸ˜‰.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yes you are right BB..Jose ....a Brit thing....now now now .be careful there...no politics!!! Or they will be after us ....the "you know who" people!!
The "you know who" people are watching everyone closely...and I'm not talkin' about our wonderful forum mods, but about "Big Brother" and the "Thought Police"...now commonly known as Google.(πŸ‘€).

Camino(s) past & future
I know, NYC!
Talk about confusing. Glad he explained!
Chris....BB
I think it was me that caused the confusion....I was answering 2 posts in 1
Yes the no way Jose is both UK and American ...probably more American than British in fact
Mind you, we used to say that in Ireland as well

It was the "fools and horses" bit that's well known in the Uk...wouldn't think it's known in the USA
That TV show is so funny..I have them all taped BB
In many ways though..British humour is a lot different to American humour..I think.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
i been hearing this for sometime...
but im looking forward on this though missing my favorite one
Awww, the memories...my son, your 42 year old brother, loved that show too!
90210...isn't that the zip code of Lost Nation, Iowa? πŸ˜‚

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Reminds me of this Charlie Brown strip where Charlie is walking up to Snoopy who is sitting on his dog house and says: "Look here Snoopy, there's an add in the paper about an obedience training course -how about that?" And Snoopy thinks to himself: "Why? He's already doing all I want him to do!"

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Back off...nut!
Love this, NYC!...or BB's "bag of nuts" could be it...only Peter knows for sure what he was sayin'.😁
All I know is that squirrel is using that camera lens to look for nuts!

Camino(s) past & future
Hi everyone
Might not be posting too much in the next few weeks.....depends on what wifi is available
In Ponferrada now and off on the Invierno tomorrow...better weather coming as lots of rain today

Met with Laurie, peregrina 2000 and had a lovely chat
We will meet again in a few days ...maybe in A rua

Enjoy the week
Annette

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Hi everyone
Might not be posting too much in the next few weeks.....depends on what wifi is available
In Ponferrada now and off on the Invierno tomorrow...better weather coming as lots of rain today

Met with Laurie, peregrina 2000 and had a lovely chat
We will meet again in a few days ...maybe in A rua

Enjoy the week
Annette
Oh!

Do have a lovely and special time.

Buen camino.

Derek Booth

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances March 2019
I give in. I've looked and better looked but I can't find what I'm looking for. I apologise if this should go elsewhere.

If you look below my grinning mug (taken at the 100Kms to go) it states that I was to do the Camino Norte in 2019. Well, I didn't, I 'did' the Frances in March and loved every single minute of it.
Someone has said that I can alter the 'wrong' information on it but I'll be darned if I can get rid of the Norte and insert the Frances.

Would some kind soul tell me how to perform this feat?

PS. She Who Must Be Obeyed has agreed in principle for me doing another Camino. Roll on the Via de la Plata in 2021 (Fitness and lack of intervention from THE higher Authority willing)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I give in. I've looked and better looked but I can't find what I'm looking for. I apologise if this should go elsewhere.

If you look below my grinning mug (taken at the 100Kms to go) it states that I was to do the Camino Norte in 2019. Well, I didn't, I 'did' the Frances in March and loved every single minute of it.
Someone has said that I can alter the 'wrong' information on it but I'll be darned if I can get rid of the Norte and insert the Frances.

Would some kind soul tell me how to perform this feat?

PS. She Who Must Be Obeyed has agreed in principle for me doing another Camino. Roll on the Via de la Plata in 2021 (Fitness and lack of intervention from THE higher Authority willing)
Do kind souls have feet?

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
I am chuckling and all over.......
Still I got the strawberries in and they are well fed!
guffffffffaaaaawwwww....
growing up fishing and vividly remembered when we are having deworming.... i asked granny, is it the same family who will come out from my body, which sometimes the chicken eat and mostly we use as bait for catching fish?, granny said that's disgusting to talk about.... nyahahaha

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
guffffffffaaaaawwwww....
growing up fishing and vividly remembered when we are having deworming.... i asked granny, is it the same family who will come out from my body, which sometimes the chicken eat and mostly we use as bait for catching fish?, granny said that's disgusting to talk about.... nyahahaha
Deworming? 😲

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%