A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
A quick question to the "Not a serious thread.." fans...

What is going on in this thread seems to be more of a "chat"... what if I installed a chat plugin? Would that be better?
Looked up Chat plugins and how they work.

But, not quite able to say whether that would be a good thing.

Hope the more tech savvy folk can better answer the question.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
A little beauty for threaders we.
View attachment 59880
It's a beauty of a horse, but I don't know what a "threader" is and google refused to tell me!😂
EDIT- I gave this another think...maybe we are threaders because we are part of this thread, and it's a beauty!? Yes, I'm going with that!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
A quick question to the "Not a serious thread.." fans...

What is going on in this thread seems to be more of a "chat"... what if I installed a chat plugin? Would that be better?
I have no idea. I've never chatted nor even seen one being done. Would it handle responding to a day old post with everyone seeing that response? How would new people get involved?

Peg wanted to leave for camping for a few days. The weather doesn't look that great and not terrible either but I'm possibly not going to be able to get online for a few days.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have no idea. I've never chatted nor even seen one being done. Would it handle responding to a day old post with everyone seeing that response? How would new people get involved?

Peg wanted to leave for camping for a few days. The weather doesn't look that great and not terrible either but I'm possibly not going to be able to get online for a few days.
I'll miss ya, Rick. Oops, this is a real chat, gotta stop... I think, but not sure. Have a great time. I don't blame Peg. She would rather camp in rain than be confined to the basement.😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have looked and looked and tried to figure it out.. But this is way to complicated for me. This takes all my focus and all energy.. and then it takes the fun out.
I haven't looked yet, but am sure I will agree with you! I'm definately at the bottom of the barrel all things techy!

FamPed

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
I haven't looked yet, but am sure I will agree with you! I'm definately at the bottom of the barrel all things techy!
I accidentally in some strange way happened to join the Chatt for the Non Serious. Now I have done it, and No, that isn't either funny, easy, quick or for me. It is to tech, to many options, to hard to navigate, and now there is a chattbar at the bottom of the page.. I am on my phone writing just now, and that takes up to much space.. Sorry for being so negative.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I accidentally in some strange way happened to join the Chatt for the Non Serious. Now I have done it, and No, that isn't either funny, easy, quick or for me. It is to tech, to many options, to hard to navigate, and now there is a chattbar at the bottom of the page.. I am on my phone writing just now, and that takes up to much space.. Sorry for being so negative.
I totally agree, Fammy! I haven't navigated, but already I dislike that chatbar at the bottom of the page...very distracting for this old gal! Also I only use my phone.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Reminds me of this Charlie Brown strip where Charlie is walking up to Snoopy who is sitting on his dog house and says: "Look here Snoopy, there's an add in the paper about an obedience training course -how about that?" And Snoopy thinks to himself: "Why? He's already doing all I want him to do!"
Turga
This is for youimage.jpeg

Attachments

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I tried it out and Ivar and I had a chat. I don't think it will work out for me. I'm willing to try again but now I have to get moving to prepare for camping.
Rick,

Have a delicious time camping and fishing.

See you back here as soon as possible.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
A bit far from the water, don't you think? Or maybe you were using a net? Looking good! 😊
No , wayting for the high tide .🤣
[/QUOTE]
Peter, you are so funny...and with few words like our NYC!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Haha, no you are Not Serious! 😃😃
Let me fill you in...Metaphorically speaking, I am a curious cat, so often on this thread I refer to myself as a "cat". My mom often referred to me as an "imp", so often on this thread, so do I. 😂
You are revisiting here, so thought I'd fill you in.😉 Stick around...we need to build up the troops!

FamPed

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
Metaphorically speaking, I am a curious cat, so often on this thread I refer to myself as a "cat". My mom often referred to me as an "imp" metaphorically speaking, so often on this thread, so do I. 😂
You are revisiting here, so thought I'd fill you in.😉
Stick around...we need to build up the troops!
Thanks for the update. ☺
Never stop being curious! Even though they say that curiosity killed the cat. :eek: I am certain they weren't talking about you. 😉

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thanks for the update. ☺
Never stop being curious! Even though they say that curiosity killed the cat. :eek: I am certain they weren't talking about you. 😉
I'm the cat with 99 lives...now down to 13 left. You've been gone a long time, Fammy!

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Let me fill you in...Metaphorically speaking, I am a curious cat, so often on this thread I refer to myself as a "cat". My mom often referred to me as an "imp", so often on this thread, so do I. 😂
You are revisiting here, so thought I'd fill you in.😉 Stick around...we need to build up the troops!
Catimp: "Short for 'categorical imperative', Kant's famous term for the foundation of moral philosophy but also applicable more generally, also the name of a small mythical trickster; ie, suggesting the link between rigor and trickery".

New forum alias??

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Catimp: "Short for 'categorical imperative', Kant's famous term for the foundation of moral philosophy but also applicable more generally, also the name of a small mythical trickster; ie, suggesting the link between rigor and trickery".

New forum alias??
Turga, that is amazing information...now if I only knew if it were true...google to the rescue...I'll be back!
EDIT- It's true! I now officially have celebrity status on the Not...just nowhere else! 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yes, I thought a "thong" is either a flip flop or a... ahem...special undies.
Turga, I looked again at that svelte horse photo and now see you knew what you were talking about all along!😛
The jokes on me, but my string reply was still spot on in spite of myself...and I'm not even blushing! 😂
Hey, why don't you do a little photoshopping and repost that horse!😜

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Just to say that the weather in England is superb...actually today looks like it’s going to be “bacon hot”.
Wow, the one sunny summer day in England could fry eggs on the pavement. The other 364 days it rains cats and dogs...check out the "After" photo above.😁

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
As I said previously: The truth about me is that I lie... ;)
This thread is the only place we can lie and have no guilt or shame...we just plain don't care and it's fun! Imp.
Edit- I guess I only should speak for my impish self...truthfully I only exaggerate here a tiny bit once in awhile.😐

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Turga, I looked again at that svelte horse photo and now see you knew what you were talking about all along!😛
The jokes on me, but my string reply was still spot on in spite of myself...and I'm not even blushing! 😂
Hey, why don't you do a little photoshopping and repost that horse!😜
Horse?.. What horse? What have horses got to do with strings/thongs?

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yes I have. Nice of you to notice. 😃😀
View attachment 59985
Moving back in. ☺
Fammy, I'm so glad you came back! Relax...I've got this super duper comfy chair just waiting for you to "sit a spell" with a "cup a joe" and chat with us!
Screenshot_2019-06-27-06-33-56.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
As I said previously: The truth about me is that I lie... ;)
So then, you have never played the guitar?
I have played the guitar...took three lessons and permanently quit. Threw the guitar in the back of the closet and sold it ten years later...true fact.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
That looks like a death trap! :eek: I think I'll sit on the ground/floor instead. :D
Once you sit in it you get trapped... it folds up around you like a straight jacket. That's the whole purpose...we want to keep you here!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%