A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Camino Badges
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
You may be lost yaying but thank goodness it wasn’t your luggage.
We spent 47 hours in airports and airplanes getting home from NZ a few years ago. A neighbor meets us at 23:00 while we are picking up our packs. Except one is missing. Spent an hour with the baggage claim guy looking for it and then leave without it. It was found though. In the morning I get an accusatory call "Why didn't you pick up your luggage last night?" :mad:

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
This happened about an hour ago. We are on an interstate highway going 60mph/100kph towing our tiny travel trailer. The car in front does an evasive manuver. I see why. A groundhog/woodchuck/marmot is sitting almost in the middle of my lane. If I evade the trailer will end up swaying. Too dangerous. I steer to place him between my wheels. We don't hear any thumps but the car has high clearance for off-road use. The trailer doesn't. I figure it is as dead as the turkey that ran in front of us to commit suicide some 20 years ago. Here is the interesting part though. A couple of minutes later a car pulls alongside of us and the driver is honking. The woman passenger has a handwritten sign pressed against the window; "It made it safely!" :eek: 👍 :D

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
This happened about an hour ago. We are on an interstate highway going 60mph/100kph towing our tiny travel trailer. The car in front does an evasive manuver. I see why. A groundhog/woodchuck/marmot is sitting almost in the middle of my lane. If I evade the trailer will end up swaying. Too dangerous. I steer to place him between my wheels. We don't hear any thumps but the car has high clearance for off-road use. The trailer doesn't. I figure it is as dead as the turkey that ran in front of us to commit suicide some 20 years ago. A couple of minutes later a car pulls alongside of us and the driver is honking. The woman passenger has a handwritten sign pressed against the window; "It made it safely!" :eek: 👍 :D
I have swerved my car to avert a few squirrels over the years...just sayin.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Was anyone else on a party line?
Yes, when I was about age five I remember the muffled voices in the background of our party line. I also can still recite the phone number we had at that time...
Treemont 7-5619. (TR7-5619). So odd, as even today I was unable to remember something I'd wanted to look up on google. 😲

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Yes, when I was about age five I remember the muffled voices in the background of our party line. I also can still recite the phone number we had at that time...
Treemont 7-5619. (TR7-5619). So odd, as even today I was unable to remember something I'd wanted to look up on google. 😲
Wow indeed. Our old number, not used or remembered in 40 years, just came back to me this morning once I remembered the letter prefix.

The letters came about in the numbers and printed on the phone dial because of studies showing it would be difficult to remember more than five in a sequence. Then they created a word to abbreviate to help you remember the first two letters. Then, to make up for this kindness, they charged rent for your phone month after month after month instead of allowing you to buy one for a few dollars.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yesterday I got brought into a dish store. They sold hammers at the cashier's station. o_O

Reminded me of the perfumería in Astorga that also sold cow manure.
Sounds like oxy morons to me. 😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I never saw the X-files. My curiosity rarely includes science fiction and is not as broad as some of you peeps. I've never even seen one full episode of Star Trek, but at least have known that Leonard Nimoy has very huge and strange shaped ears in real life...poor fellow. 😅

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I never saw the X-files. My curiosity rarely includes science fiction and is not as broad as some of you peeps. I've never even seen one full episode of Star Trek, but at least have known that Leonard Nimoy has very huge and strange shaped ears in real life...poor fellow. 😅
You’re in the Twilight Zone.🤣

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Ah chris,
Star Trek...
Oh what you have missed

I've been a Trekie for over 50 years now...as is my sister
Years ago, the other kids thought we were a bit weird and a bit odd because we loved this show....I don't mind that label mind you!!
Even as an adult, I could watch 20 or more episodes back to back

Then discovered Stargate!!
Even better...so instead of visiting other places on earth...wanted to visit other planets!! ...still watch this one
And Twilight zone
And X files

Beam me up Scottie has become part of the English language

Any more Trekies out there??

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Ah chris,
Star Trek...
Oh what you have missed

Years ago, the other kids thought we were a bit weird and a bit odd because we loved this show....I don't mind that label mind you!!

Even better...so instead of visiting other places on earth...wanted to visit other planets!! ...still watch this one
And Twilight zone
And X files

Yes, even I know "Beam me up, Scottie", but don't ask me if I knew it came from Star Trek! 😂

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I've just started reading an historical fiction novel about the Basque people. I've barely started but here is a quote I thought I'd share. A bar owner has a sign that says... "If you are drinking to forget your troubles, please pay in advance." Kinda funny, yet kinda serious.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Ah chris,
Star Trek...
Oh what you have missed

And Twilight zone
And X files

It was the kids like us watching ST in syndication who brought it back to life.Star Trek airs at 8pm on Heroes and Icons channel. I watch in between other shows.

Twilight Zone can’t watch enough.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
It is time to get cultured now. You guys ready for that? (I think I posted this once before).
3,000 years of art.
A film by Dan McLaughlin originally titled God Is Dog Spelled Backwards with Beethoven's 5th Symphony as the sound track. Mason Williams, the head writer of the Smothers Bothers Comedy Hour, had permission to change the music to his Classical Gas and it was broadcast a few times in 1968 (I saw the original). Each of the about 2,500 pictures is shown for only two frames. You can read Williams' notes on the YouTube page.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
It is time to get cultured now. You guys ready for that? (I think I posted this once before).
3,000 years of art.
A film by Dan McLaughlin originally titled God Is Dog Spelled Backwards with Beethoven's 5th Symphony as the sound track. Mason Williams, the head writer of the Smothers Bothers Comedy Hour, had permission to change the music to his Classical Gas and it was broadcast a few times in 1968 (I saw the original). Each of the about 2,500 pictures is shown for only two frames. You can read Williams' notes on the YouTube page.
I love Classical Gas! Probably one of my top favorite guitar/music pieces of all time, although my knowledge of music is limited. I really enjoyed the artistic endeavor that accompanied it. Thanks, Rick!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I loved the Smother's Brothers and watched it every week...but for the life of me I do not recall this particular episode. 😂
At YouTube it is labeled with "Branson, Missouri". I'm guessing Tom and Dick hosted a show there for awhile.

BTW, I've found that at the forum if you click the video's play symbol you get an embedded version but if you click the white text superimposed over the video's picture you are brought to YouTube and have lots of options on how to view and you can read comments and such.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
At YouTube it is labeled with "Branson, Missouri". I'm guessing Tom and Dick hosted a show there for awhile.

BTW, I've found that at the forum if you click the video's play symbol you get an embedded version but if you click the white text superimposed over the video's picture you are brought to YouTube and have lots of options on how to view and you can read comments and such.
Great! You are a smart, techy, dude!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
And a "good morning" to all the Not serious peeps from the "hot box" of Illinois. Yesterday's heat index was 112° F. It was like stepping out into an oven.🌋♨

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No other good place to put this but in the last 22.5 hours there were about 400 forum posts made.
Is that a highbrow or a lowbrow number? I have nothing to compare it to. Maybe the heatwave causes many people to stay indoors and get on the forum and post for entertainment. I do it whether hot or cold outside! 😂

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%