A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

Santiago Photo Book

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Dang. I saw this coming but was spending too much time doing a shoe review. Congrats Chris. I'm fine with it as long as sneaky NYC doesn't score a century.
LMAO!

And, that’s saying something.

I was at book club this afternoon during thread page turning moment. Pardon the pun.

CC wins again.

And, with panache!

🤗🤗🤗

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
LMAO!

And, that’s saying something.

I was at book club this afternoon during thread page turning moment. Pardon the pun.

CC wins again.

And, with panache!

🤗🤗🤗
Awww, thanks, NYC, I feel kinda bad about it...but you weren't around and everyone else was out of town!😉

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
i have the black one which my ex lady boss ask to a colleague "is she wearing man's boots shoes???'
forever dm's
Doc Marten's in the closet. Bet you never saw any like these which are 20 years old. Still in great condition...the hoarder in me can't get rid of them. Maybe they will walk away on their own someday.
20190805_061659.jpg

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Well, Your Unseriousnesses, finally today I had to make the tough decision to cancel my flights (non-refundable) and my pre-booked accommodations for my Camino this year.

About 3 weeks ago on a training walk, I got a bad rupture in the Achilles tendon and, for the first time, had to call a taxi to take me home. My medicine man said it could easily take 3-5 months to heal completely, but I kept hoping for some miracle, but….. not this time.

The good news is that I have a finished plan for a Camino next year 🙂

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Well, Your Unseriousnesses, finally today I had to make the tough decision to cancel my flights (non-refundable) and my pre-booked accommodations for my Camino this year.

About 3 weeks ago on a training walk, I got a bad rupture in the Achilles tendon and, for the first time, had to call a taxi to take me home. My medicine man said it could easily take 3-5 months to heal completely, but I kept hoping for some miracle, but….. not this time.

Oh Turga!

That’s so not much fun.

At least you have a great attitude about.

🍋🍋🍋s you have.

Next year you’ll make lemonade.

Buen camino.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Turga, I am seriously so sorry to hear that! On another note though...quit walking so darn fast!
EDIT...Yes, plans already finished and laid out for next year...easy peasy in that regard!

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Doc Marten's in the closet. Bet you never saw any like these which are 20 years old. Still in great condition...the hoarder in me can't get rid of them. Maybe they will walk away on their own someday.
View attachment 62105
They look like Birkenstock’s.

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future

so sorry Turgs...but when it comes to “warming up” I think that means gradually increasing the temperature after hibernation...not trying to break the 17 hour record for the 100 metres.
Keep that Achilles warm and rested and look forward to next year. Look on it as a postponement to come back stronger.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Happy sunset.

Saw on FB.

Poster says from El Acebo.

This wknd is making me sign off early.

Night all.
View attachment 62114
El Acebo was one of my favorite villages on the Camino Frances. Amazing views, landcapes and flowers heading towards it, and the beautiful views on the descent the following morning into Molinaseca on the bluestone slate trail...ahhh, the memories.
Night, Barbara.

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
View attachment 62105
walah...walah...walah... urs is 5 years older ....i bought mine receiving my first salary in dubai....

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...

so sorry to hear this......

non-refundable
hope someday it will be a trend in travel industry, though it can bee non-refundable but can be 'donatable'

K Turner

One step at a time
Camino(s) past & future
14 August 2019 (SJPdP 16 August)

I'm so sorry about your injury! I pray for a full recovery...and an awesome Camino to follow!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
A local sports star and his supermodel wife are selling their home (asking $39,500,000). Of note for those of us ready to match or exceed the price is this part of the description: Entry foyer leads to a stunning dining room, living room, home office, eat-in and chef's kitchen and a family room all with generous fenestration.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
A local sports star and his supermodel wife are selling their home (asking $39,500,000). Of note for those of us ready to match or exceed the price is this part of the description: Entry foyer leads to a stunning dining room, living room, home office, eat-in and chef's kitchen and a family room all with generous fenestration.
If I went for a viewing I’d soon be thrown out of the window.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
On Wednesday, when the sky is blue
And l have nothing else to do
I sometimes wonder if it’s true
That who is what and who is who.

Winnie the Pooh.
(A.A.Milne)

And...

Monday for wealth
Tuesday for health
Wednesday the best day of all
Thursday for crosses
Friday for losses
Saturday no luck at all

Old English Rhyme.

Have fun......

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Thought that today I’d share a little good-for-the-soul music. Listen to the Kenyan musician Ayub Ogada playing the “Nyatiti” in the song Kothbiro (Rain is coming):

(If you have watched the movie “The Constant Gardener” you have already heard pieces of it –and if you haven’t watched the movie, then do….. 🙂 )

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Thought that today I’d share a little good-for-the-soul music. Listen to the Kenyan musician Ayub Ogada playing the “Nyatiti” in the song Kothbiro (Rain is coming):

(If you have watched the movie “The Constant Gardener” you have already heard pieces of it –and if you haven’t watched the movie, then do….. 🙂 )
Thank you.

Did not know about movie.

Shall look for screening.

Thanks for posting something wonderful to which to wake-up.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 268 24.5%