A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Thanks CC.

I really need to read my book club book.

However, I am enjoying YouTube camino vlog and this forum right now.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Thank you Rick. 😊
Uh, did you notice the brand?

As for the Hires brand, back in elementary school I got an assignment to write about family history. My mom told me about how Hires interviewed my great-grandmother for root beer recipes. Only a few years ago I learned that great-grandma had a long time boarder who was one of the foremost pianists and composer of the time. Oh well, I guess my mom had different priorities.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Uh, did you notice the brand?

As for the Hires brand, back in elementary school I got an assignment to write about family history. My mom told me about how Hires interviewed my great-grandmother for root beer recipes. Only a few years ago I learned that great-grandma had a long time boarder who was one of the foremost pianists and composer of the time. Oh well, I guess my mom had different priorities.
Did you guys see any proceeds from Hires sneakily non-hiring your great-grandma for her recipes?

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Only people, horses, donkeys and birds like bread. A dog will eat bread, but only if it has a slight hint of another flavor on it...such as jelly, butter, or maybe even vegemite or marmite.😜 I've seen them be excited, only to spit it out if nothing on it.😂

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Just thought it worth a mention....every 22nd September is......

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Just thought it worth a mention....every 22nd September is......

And also ...

Hobbit Day is a name used for September 22 in reference to its being the birthday of the hobbits Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, two fictional characters in J. R. R. Tolkien's popular set of books The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Bilbo was born in the year of 2890 and Frodo in the year of 2968 in the Third Age (1290 and 1368 respectively in Shire-Reckoning.)

Tolkien Week is the week containing Hobbit Day.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
And also ...

Hobbit Day is a name used for September 22 in reference to its being the birthday of the hobbits Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, two fictional characters in J. R. R. Tolkien's popular set of books The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Bilbo was born in the year of 2890 and Frodo in the year of 2968 in the Third Age (1290 and 1368 respectively in Shire-Reckoning.)

Thank you that little tidbit of information.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
And also ...

And also...
Hubby Day is September 21st at my house.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I learned a new word yesterday...
"contrifibulation" and so much fun to say!😁 It's almost like a synonym for this "Not serious" thread, but not really as it's more like a quote.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
So, my friends, I have around 6 months left to be a young man! Today my son rang me and announced that I am going to be a granddad in March! Do I then have to give up my fancy green sneakers, black jeans, colorful socks and striped T-shirts and start wearing grey woolen cardigans and brown baggy pants? Intolerable! But I must admit I am looking forward to welcome that little new tortoise into the world…. 🙂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
So, my friends, I have around 6 months left to be a young man! Today my son rang me and announced that I am going to be a granddad in March! Do I then have to give up my fancy green sneakers, black jeans, colorful socks and striped T-shirts and start wearing grey woolen cardigans and brown baggy pants? Intolerable! But I must admit I am looking forward to welcome that little new tortoise into the world…. 🙂
Lucky you, Turga...but at least this time it won't be your own infant. I loved that picture of your newest offspring sitting on your trophy wife's head.
As for your clothing, try to look the part of a stodgy grandpa, but get a special Camino hat...colorful and quirky. You can hide it in the closet for the rest of the year. 😛
Oh, and thanks for sharing your good news with the "Not serious" family...I for one appreciate it!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Awwwww!

Nice.

A new addition to the Torti, that’s the plural of tortoise in Latin😉, family.

😊🤗😍

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Awwwww!

Nice.

A new addition to the Torti, that’s the plural of tortoise in Latin😉, family.

😊🤗😍
Are you sure? I looked it up. The main meaning is "crooked or twisted bristles as seen under a microscope". I even typed in Latin...maybe you is sneaky and "yafibbeda little".

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
50 years ago was Woodstock. Peg and I didn't know each other for another ten years. The concert was about halfway between us. When I first heard about the concert it was because the radio was saying that with the traffic it was impossible to get there. Peg turned down an offer to go because she thought it wasn't going to be so special. "Hey, Peg, wanna go to a concert? There are going to be a bunch of bands there."

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
50 years ago was Woodstock. Peg and I didn't know each other for another ten years. The concert was about halfway between us. When I first heard about the concert it was because the radio was saying that with the traffic it was impossible to get there. Peg turned down an offer to go because she thought it wasn't going to be so special. "Hey, Peg, wanna go to a concert? There are going to be a bunch of bands there."
Nice memory!

😊

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Nice memory!

😊
It would be even better if either of us were actually there. Some years ago they made a fictional movie about Woodstock in a neighboring town where a cousin of Peg's lived. That cousin and her siblings made quite a bit of money supporting the production. The main location of the movie was at a motel we stayed at for a wedding. It's not the concert but it'll have to do.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Today is my daughter-in-law's birthday. She turned 40. I'll have to tell her she shares it with the famous Woodstock event...I was never a hippie, I was still in high school, but my take aways from the news and the cult celebrity status that has always surrounded Woodstock are these words...free love, flower child, pot, drugs, peasant dresses, long hair on both sexes, tent camping, and rock bands.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
You forgot nudity and mud.
As a “baby” baby boomer, I was only 7 during Woodstock and missed all the fun.

My nudity was contained inside house and the mud was in the creek where my cousins and I played without parental permission.

PBS Newshour is covering Woodstock in a few minutes.

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Not only did Peg and Rick not go to Woodstock....Bob Dylan didn’t go either. Dylan wasn’t happy, valued his privacy and lived close to the Woodstock site so de-camped and played at the Isle of Wight festival to get a bit of peace and quiet.
I live close to Glastonbury...and I’ve never been.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Here's another corn shucking update. This time the corn was again grilled unshucked but rather than cutting an end and trying to squeeze the ear out we held it at the base and shucked after cooking. Almost all the silk came off with the husk. It was hot holding the thing though.
Awww, shucks, Rick.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

K Turner

One step at a time
Camino(s) past & future
14 August 2019 (SJPdP 16 August)
Just popping on to share a critter encounter from my first hostel experience a couple days ago in SJPP. I took a nap and woke up to find this little one curled up behind my legs! No one knew who she was or where she came from. I'm guessing she came in through the window, maybe? I'm not a cat person (sorry) but I found her delightful and it made my day.

Attachments

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Just popping on to share a critter encounter from my first hostel experience a couple days ago in SJPP. I took a nap and woke up to find this little one curled up behind my legs! No one knew who she was or where she came from. I'm guessing she came in through the window, maybe? I'm not a cat person (sorry) but I found her delightful and it made my day.
Very sweet.

Enjoy the journey.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Those two doves are in the meseta contemplating the attainment of Nirvana.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%