A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides

Peter Fransiscus

Be proud of who you are.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Ten days to go
Nine dreams of joy and no pain.
Eight maids a milking.
Seven apples bobbing.
Six helpings of peas and curds and sugar daddy’s.
Five golden rings.

But it’s not Christmas.
Four cats with K Turner on camino.
Three French hens hiding from K Turner’s four cats.
Those two doves are in the meseta contemplating the attainment of Nirvana.
The partridge in a pear tree switched to the cherry tree and made friends with the elephants.
😔🙃:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O??

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
It was sneaky NYC counting down to another page/century mark of postings. I had to give her a like for creativity.
I know, Rick... at least she used some sentences this time instead of one her word sneaky cheating style...and yes, extremely creative. I'll bet she even set her alarm clock at a time she knew all of us would be sleeping.😛

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
This is not serious but true. I saw a commercial on TV last night that reminded me of an incident in my youth. I'm in a carpool headed home from work and we are stopped at a red light. A car pulls along side, stops and revs his engine for a drag race challenge. We look over and see another carpool with other guys that we work with. None of us is a drag racer type although the two drivers now are looking at each other, grinning and reving the engines. The light turns green ... the engines are still roaring when finally a driver behind us gets tired of these two idiots blocking traffic and leans on the horn.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
This is not serious but true. I saw a commercial on TV last night that reminded me of an incident in my youth. I'm in a carpool headed home from work and we are stopped at a red light. A car pulls along side, stops and revs his engine for a drag race challenge. We look over and see another carpool with other guys that we work with. None of us is a drag racer type although the two drivers now are looking at each other, grinning and reving the engines. The light turns green ... the engines are still roaring when finally a driver behind us gets tired of these two idiots blocking traffic and leans on the horn.
No go Speed Racer.

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
You’d have stood no chance....Ayrton Turga on the case.

6A77884C-47BC-4A95-A13D-A12F1EAFF23F.jpeg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Barbara means: stranger in the land.

Ergo: Barbara who?
I figured you'd weasel your way out of it with those exact words...Barbara who!
Hmmm, "a stranger in the land"...I can see that. You are one of a very few on this forum and walking the Caminos.😉 A stranger who is no stranger after all.😊

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I’m very much into recycling...I once made a pallet out of an old pallet.
I once took a mallet to a pallet...(see the photo above the above photo😅).
I share your recycling fetish...I bicycle, then recycle the same route a week later.

Last edited:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Seeing it’s Tuesday and 22nd August here’s a selection of our landmark celebrations for today.
On this day it’s.....
National Pecan Torte day
National Been Better day
National Surgical oncologist day

And just to get really serious it’s...
National Tooth Fairy day and
National be an Angel day...

I’m hunting the cards.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Seeing it’s Tuesday and 22nd August here’s a selection of our landmark celebrations for today.
On this day it’s.....
National Pecan Torte day
National Been Better day
National Surgical oncologist day

And just to get really serious it’s...
National Tooth Fairy day and
National be an Angel day...

I’m hunting the cards.
Today is THURSDAY, BB...you've got it all wrong!...duffus!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
But BB posted in error...You are too late, Rick. All that happened on TUESDAY!
Now you tell me. I'm at the hospital now with the surgeons. They say for a first-timer operating without anesthesia on myself I did pretty good but my stitching would have been better with something other than used fishing line.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Now you tell me. I'm at the hospital now with the surgeons. They say for a first-timer operating without anesthesia on myself I did pretty good but my stitching would have been better with something other than used fishing line.
I don't think we should trust any of the National "this and that" days any more...who makes them up anyway? I'm sticking with Christmas!
Hope you heal soon, Rick...you've got that big walk coming up in October!

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
A stitch in nine saves time.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I don't think we should trust any of the National "this and that" days any more...who makes them up anyway? I'm sticking with Christmas!
Hope you heal soon, Rick...you've got that big walk coming up in October!
Christmas is being changed from the 25TH to the last Monday of the month of December. This way stores get all that wknd revenue from last minute shoppers. And, everyone is guaranteed a three day wknd. Well, except for folks working in buying and selling.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Christmas is being changed from the 25TH to the last Monday of the month of December. This way stores get all that wknd revenue from last minute shoppers. And, everyone is guaranteed a three day wind. Well, except for folks working in buying and selling.
Barbara, I don't even care what you just posted! I just want to say WOW...

I'm not 100% certain, but I think I've just read the longest (6+ lines) single post you have ever given us!

And no double spacing...It is sort of a miracle! 😊

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Friday is my future.

Today was yesterday’s tomorrow.

Wednesday was hump day...say no more.
Friday is the day after Thursday,
Saturday is the day after Friday,
Sunday is the day after Saturday...
🎼And so on and so on, and scooby, dooby, do🎼

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
So, last evening, after cutting out my stitches with a steak knife, we went down to Boston for an outdoor concert and dance performance. There was a special callout prior to the music to 2 of the 88 composers whose names were on the building covering the orchestra. One was great-grandma's boarder.

Toward the end Boston Ballet's junior varsity team did a performance using the music The Dance of the Hours. If you want to find why this was not the best music to do a ballet do in front of Baby Boomers then listen to this rendition done long ago.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
So, last evening, after cutting out my stitches with a steak knife, we went down to Boston for an outdoor concert and dance performance. There was a special callout prior to the music to 2 of the 88 composers whose names were on the building covering the orchestra. One was great-grandma's boarder.

Toward the end Boston Ballet's junior varsity team did a performance using the music The Dance of the Hours. If you want to find why this was not the best music to do a ballet do in front of Baby Boomers then listen to this rendition done long ago.
I've only been to Boston once, but loved it. It was before a cruise heading up on the St. Lawrence seaway. I loved Quebec and Montreal as well...just saying. Rick, you live in or near an awesome city!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future

Rick...surely you bit your stitches out.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Tell that to my water moccasins and alligators.
You live too far north...you musta purchased them from a pet store. Tell me, is Peg still alive down in your basement...we never hear a peep out of her.
P.S. Did you stitch yourself up after your pet alligator bit you?

Peter Fransiscus

Be proud of who you are.
Camino(s) past & future

I like Boston more than New York .
It's bin a vew years that I visited the Boston area, Rhode Island and New England.
Had a few friends living there.
Have so many plans for the up coming years. Whe will see what the future brings.

Peter Fransiscus

Be proud of who you are.
Camino(s) past & future
Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na)
Batmaaaaaan!
(Na na na na na na na na na na na na)
Batmaaaaaan!
Batmaaaaaan!
Batmaaaaaan!
Batman! Batman! Batman!
(Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na)
Batman! Batman! Batman!
Da da da da da da da da da da da da da!
Batmaaaaaan!

😞

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na)
Batmaaaaaan!
Batmaaaaaan!
Batmaaaaaan!
Batmaaaaaan!
Batman! Batman! Batman!
(Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na)
Batman! Batman! Batman!
Da da da da da da da da da da da da da!
Batmaaaaaan!

😞
That took longer to type than to sing Peter. 😂

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Just occasionally it’s necessary to ponder the “serious” side of life in protection of all the animals and indigenous yoooomans on this planet.
Perhaps the politicians of this world should come together and realise the Amazon rain forest and the people, wildlife (animal, mineral and vegetable) is far too precious to be under the control of one nation.
I would suggest the world purchases the region from the government and people of Brazil and protects it for future generations.
.....I like to breathe!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I jest! 😂
Edit: I get to the end of the nanananans bits....take a deep breath and....dang..forgotten again!
Well, no wonder you want to keep breathing a deep breathe...that song is very important, or were you trying to say banananana. 🍌

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
There is a first for everything. 🤣
First, I will take off the screen cuz it would let bugs in and the wind would mess up my hair. Secondly, I would pay to have a windshield installed...one without an annoying permanent circle. 😅

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 47 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 281 24.3%