A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
CC, saved by church attendance by that wonderful gal @nycwalking.

Congratulations!
Too bad it had to happen on a Sunday when you were visiting heavenly places...your attendance contributes to you being the wonderful gal you are!

Last edited:

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
The princess bride...
Instead of physics it’s fezziks (the character)
It relates to the scene below...

Pe = potential energy
Ke = kinetic energy

Potential energy is the energy in the rock as it is lifted and kinetic energy is that which is expended when thrown. (I think that is the joke),
Whatever it was...he’s a lousy shot! 😂 And I wish I could walk that fast.

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
The princess bride...

Pe = potential energy
Ke = kinetic energy

Potential energy is the energy in the rock as it is lifted and kinetic energy is that which is expended when thrown. (I think that is the joke),
Thank you.

You’re a smart one.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
The princess bride...

Pe = potential energy
Ke = kinetic energy

Wow, BB, that was some "serious" googling! "Goog job!"...well done!
You can walk that fast! It's only 3.1 miles per hour...a nice clip clop, but peeps can walk 4 miles per hour before it becomes a trot...seriously!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
First things first...
If we could rebuild the human race possibly we could collectively do a better job working together to save the resources of our planet....pipe dream.
Screenshot_2019-08-26-05-54-27.jpg

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I won’t reply to that one CC....might have to do two months in the “slammer” 😂
I will reply to say I know what you're saying. It's rather sad to not always get to say what we want, although having a filter can be a good thing.. I'm sure the politicians sometimes feel the same ifyaknowwadImean.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Tomayto, tomahto :p
I'm just kidding -you are the expert. Nice to learn new things.
I'm no expert, Turga...I consulted the dictionoogle! 😂
I often learn new words, but can't remember them the next day! Maybe you can help me with these...for some reason I remember their definitions, but not the words.😐
1) throw him out the window;
2) pulling your leg

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
I'm no expert, Turga...I consulted the dictionoogle! 😂
I often learn new words, but can't remember them the next day! Maybe you can help me with these...for some reason I remember their definitions, but not the words.😐
1) throw him out the window;
2) pulling your leg
1) Defenestra
2) Tirando de tu pierna

(Learn some Spanish... :p )

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Sorry, should have been 'defenestrarle'
Thanks, Turga! I'm going to write it down...I may get a lot of use out of it!😂
EDIT- I gave it a think and remembered my word association technique for recall of the other word I couldn't remember. I used the word contraband...then I remembered! The other word I'd forgotten was/is contrifibulation!

Last edited:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks, Turga! I'm going to write it down...I may get a lot of use out of it!😂
EDIT- I gave it a think and remembered my word association technique for recall I used for the word was contraband...then I remembered! The other word I'd forgotten was/is contrafibulation!
Try using those words in one sentence.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Recently I posted about an expensive house in Boston but now I want to give notice to NYC that there is a house in her neighborhood for sale. There's a good chance that we all have seen it too. It is the Clampett's mansion from The Beverly Hillbillies. With recent price reductions it is now down to $195,000,000, the most expensive house listed on MLS, multiple listing services.

By the way, the wine cellar holds up to 12,000 bottles of wine although the late owner's collection has been sold already. For almost $12,000,000; about $1,000 a bottle (unless he had a few other wine cellars hidden away).

:eek:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Recently I posted about an expensive house in Boston but now I want to give notice to NYC that there is a house in her neighborhood for sale. There's a good chance that we all have seen it too. It is the Clampett's mansion from The Beverly Hillbillies. With recent price reductions it is now down to $195,000,000, the most expensive house listed on MLS, multiple listing services.

By the way, the wine cellar holds up to 12,000 bottles of wine although the late owner's collection has been sold already. For almost $12,000,000; about $1,000 a bottle (unless he had a few other wine cellars hidden away).

Although, two years ago, I had to move back to Los Angeles to care for my “interesting” health problems and my sick mom and elderly dad I would love to be back with n NYC.

This property would suit my needs. I would have adequate space for my mom, my dad and his elderly gal, nurses, chaperone me, and assorted family members.

Thank you so much for alerting to property’s availability. I will contact realtor.

Again, thanks again for letting me know.

💋🤗🙃

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Although, two years ago, I had to move back to Los Angeles to care for my “interesting” health problems and my sick mom and elderly dad I would love to be back with n NYC.

This property would suit my needs. I would have adequate space for my mom, my dad and his elderly gal, nurses, chaperone me, and assorted family members.

Thank you so much for alerting to property’s availability. I will contact realtor.

💋🤗🙃
This might be a deal breaker though; although they show a picture of a billiard room they also say that furniture is not included. You will have an additional cost of supplying your own fancy eating table and pot passers.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
This might be a deal breaker though; although they show a picture of a billiard room they also say that furniture is not included. You will have an additional cost of supplying your own fancy eating table and pot passers.
Well, I don’t smoke pot so I don’t need a passer.

As to the table I can pick up one at Walmart and purchase matching plates at Dollar Tree.

Salvation Army and Goodwill will supply furniture needs and uniforms for the nurses, chaperone, and chauffeur.

Must take care not to go over budget.

Rick of Rick and Peg, I deeply appreciate your concerns with regard to this purchase.

I think a Uhaul truck or two will transport all the furniture.

Air travel for us will not be the best use of our income. So, a la Beverly Hillbillies, the elderly and I will retire at night in cab of trucks.

I’ll hire hitchhikers along the way to drive the second truck.

Once in NYC, I can report trucks stolen by said hitchhikers to cut costs even more.

I was going to say: further cut costs, but did not wish to double check and ascertain whether I should say that or say father, I mean farther. As in, make my budget go far, farther, or farthest.

Ugh!

Too much to think through.

Cold case is on. I’ll use a cold compress on head whilst viewing to cool the heat incurred by my right index finger as a result of typing this text.

Well, on this forum the text is a post!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

Intersting, Rick, but Barbara only drinks root beer lest you forget.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, I don’t smoke pot so I don’t need a passer.

As to the table I can pick up one at Walmart and purchase matching plates at Dollar Tree.

Salvation Army and Goodwill will supply furniture needs and uniforms for the nurses, chaperone, and chauffeur.

Must take care not to go over budget.

Rick of Rick and Peg, I deeply appreciate your concerns with regard to this purchase.

I think a Uhaul truck or two will transport all the furniture.

Air travel for us will not be the best use of our income. So, a la Beverly Hillbillies, the elderly and I will retire at night in cab of trucks.

I’ll hire hitchhikers along the way to drive the second truck.

Once in NYC, I can report trucks stolen by said hitchhikers to cut costs even more.

I was going to say: further cut costs, but did not wish to double check and ascertain whether I should say that or say father, I mean farther. As in, make my budget go far, farther, or farthest.

Ugh!

Too much to think through.

Cold case is on. I’ll use a cold compress on head whilst viewing to cool the heat incurred by my right index finger as a result of typing this text.

Well, on this forum the text is a post!
Longest post you have ever given us, NYC! It even trumps the 6+ one from a few days ago...awesome!

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

💋🤗🙃
Let us know what transpires. Keep us posted.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

💋🤗🙃
If you have adequate space in this 25,000 sq ft mansion, may I come for a long term visit?...I may never leave such a hoity toity, posh estate as long as I can be a freeloader...what say ye?
Edit- I was just thinking about poor Peg...can she come? She needs to breathe in some daylight air and sunshine before she heads back down to the basement...I'll bet your new basement is 100 x's more awesome than the one she resides in currently.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
If you have adequate space in this 25,000 sq ft mansion, may I come for a long term visit?...I may never leave such a hoity toity, posh estate as long as I can be a freeloader...what say ye?
Make room for the elephant....and Peg!
Edit: I forgot..the elephant will be too busy rolling in the “Texas crude”.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I hate to change subject.

But, doggonit I had to!
View attachment 64034
Is Charlie just peeing or staking a claim on Park Place? I always liked Park Place best. It was the Beverly Hills mansion of the game. Never thought to just pee on it in order to own it...next time.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Is Charlie just peeing or staking a claim on Park Place? I always liked Park Place best. It was the Beverly Hills mansion of the game. Never thought to just pee on it in order to own it...next time.
He’s pissing on my mansion.

But, I’ll win.

Soon as I but that gadget which allows women to micturate upstanding.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
He’s pissing on my mansion.

But, I’ll win.

Soon as I but that gadget which allows women to micturate upstanding.
Don't bother, NYC. I own that gadget and it doesn't work unless you stand with your pants down...It shows more than squatting, just saying. 😜

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
And where is this Park Place???? If you want to be really “hoity toity”....it’s Park LANE...😂
Only for the stinking (or should that be stinky) rich!!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Too much traffic on Park Lane...Park Place is in the city of Monopolopoly, not London. No need to be rich...just lift your leg or squat and it's yours.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
But....you can pick up this fellow

View attachment 64056
This fellow is too big to drive the U-Haul...he can only ride in the back. No extra room for any furniture so more trips would drive up the rental cost...I say leave him. "Adios, Eligo!"

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Try this ,

Te mereces ser defenestrado porque estás siendo un macarrón astuto, pero en realidad solo estoy contribuyendo. 🤣🤣
Peter, I can't get this translated on my phone. It's too long.😕...but I think it's definately Spanish...I know that much. 😅

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Look at your previous post....🤔😉 regarding putting all that in one sentence.
I know he is referring to my post, BB, but I thought maybe he "changed it up " to say something brilliant! 😂
...He can translate it into Double Dutch.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%