A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
A bit like the English and maths (Math)...
25% of the population can’t do fractions
60% can’t do or understand decimals
And the other 50% can’t do percentages.😉😀
We Americans are excellent at Math...easy peasy to calculate that 100% of us are a bunch of "know it alls"! 😛

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Like this?
Decimal one.
No, that's a period. My point is more like a 3.14159265358979323846

I once had a lot of time to spare on a trigonometry test so I showed a full multiplication of pi to 20 decimal places (memorized) but then said that since the other multiplier only had 2 decimal places we would have to round the answer down to that.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No, that's a period. My point is more like a 3.14159265358979323846

I once had a lot of time to spare on a trigonometry test so I showed a full multiplication of pi to 20 decimal places (memorized) but then said that since the other multiplier only had 2 decimal places we would have to round the answer down to that.
Here is an example of an American "know it all"! 😁

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
Two rabbits saw five elephants going to the river. All the elephants saw three monkeys going towards the river. Every monkey had a parrot on their shoulder. The rabbits and elephants were seen by 10 alligators.

How many animals were going towards the river?

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Two rabbits saw five elephants going to the river. All the elephants saw three monkeys going towards the river. Every monkey had a parrot on their shoulder. The rabbits and elephants were seen by 10 alligators.

Eight is my 100% correct guess.😆
My second best guess is three for an 85% correct guess.😁
On the other hand, the answer could be ambiguous. 😲

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Two rabbits saw five elephants going to the river.

I would say 11 but the English is a bit ambiguous. For example, the first sentence could be read two ways:

Two rabbits saw five elephants (as they, the rabbits, were) going to the river.

Two rabbits saw five elephants (as they, the elephants, were) going to the river.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
What has ...in Dutch to do with this???
Jealousy/Admiration, plain and simple.

In 2002, I volunteered in Ponferrada with a Dutch guy.

He spoke every language known to man fluently and a few unknown brokenly.

I’ve met other Dutch folks same thing.

Peter your English is so good: grammar, idioms/nuances, I often forget it is not your first tongue.

Seriously! 😍

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Mine will be working soon.

I simply can not turn in my lanyard with my alma mater on it.
I have no lanyard to turn in...and who's Alma Mater?🎓
Edit- And what is a lanyard? I've heard of a landmine.💣
I like to pretend I know nothing, but I really know 100% of something. 😀

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
OK, time for a little poetry ….. on CHICKENS!

I was born down south on a chicken farm
Near Nashville Tennessee
Tweren’t much there but a sky full of air
Seventeen billion chickens –and me!

And then one day I thought ‘hey, hey hey!’
‘Why not drop a little L(beep)D’
It blew my mind, I got real kind
And set my chickens free

And there were chickens in the pasture and chickens in the corn
Chickens in the cauliflower and chickens in the barn
Chickens driving Cadillacs to Washington DC
The day I set my chickens FREEEE!

Chicken driving.jpg

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Jealousy/Admiration, plain and simple.

In 2002, I volunteered in Ponferrada with a Dutch guy.

He spoke every language known to man fluently and a few unknown brokenly.

I’ve met other Dutch folks same thing.

Peter your English is so good: grammar, idioms/nuances, I often forget it is not your first tongue.

Seriously! 😍
Thank you so much . 🥰🙏

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Much better to get someone else to do it.
I’ve advertised it as IKEA self assembly snowmen. Free to reassemble and takeaway.
Are you sure IKEA is the way to advertise to take away?
Screenshot_2019-08-30-15-28-45.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
OK, time for a little poetry ….. on CHICKENS!

I was born down south on a chicken farm
Near Nashville Tennessee
Tweren’t much there but a sky full of air
Seventeen billion chickens –and me!

And then one day I thought ‘hey, hey hey!’
‘Why not drop a little L(beep)D’
It blew my mind, I got real kind
And set my chickens free

And there were chickens in the pasture and chickens in the corn
Chickens in the cauliflower and chickens in the barn
Chickens driving Cadillacs to Washington DC
The day I set my chickens FREEEE!

Screenshot_2019-08-30-16-13-43.jpg

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Today's joke::

A guy comes rushing into a public toilet on a railway station, runs into one of the cubicles and slams the door behind him. Moments later low noises of relief are heard. A little later, a voice calls out ‘Anybody out there? Would you be so kind to check if there is some toilet paper in any of the other cubicles and then roll it under the door to me? I’m in a bit of trouble in here!’ The reply comes ‘Sorry mate, they all seem to be out of paper.’ Silence……. Then ‘What about some paper napkins?’ Reply ‘Eeeh… no. All the dispensers are empty.’ Silence….. Then with a slight tone of panic ‘Anybody happen to have a newspaper to spare?’ Reply ‘We’re so sorry, but no.’ Looong silence…… Then in a somewhat tormented voice ‘Hey, can any of you guys out there break a hundred dollar note?’

No-Paper.jpg

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Today's joke::

A guy comes rushing into a public toilet on a railway station, runs into one of the cubicles and slams the door behind him. Moments later low noises of relief are heard. A little later, a voice calls out ‘Anybody out there? Would you be so kind to check if there is some toilet paper in any of the other cubicles and then roll it under the door to me? I’m in a bit of trouble in here!’ The reply comes ‘Sorry mate, they all seem to be out of paper.’ Silence……. Then ‘What about some paper napkins?’ Reply ‘Eeeh… no. All the dispensers are empty.’ Silence….. Then with a slight tone of panic ‘Anybody happen to have a newspaper to spare?’ Reply ‘We’re so sorry, but no.’ Looong silence…… Then in a somewhat tormented voice ‘Hey, can any of you guys out there break a hundred dollar note?’

Just an aside...it looks like Turga that your news is shared by myself 😀
It looks like one of my progeny has been up to no good 🤣

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Just an aside...it looks like Turga that your news is shared by myself 😀
It looks like one of my progeny has been up to no good 🤣
Congratulations, BB! I'm sure your progeny will produce a prodigy such as yourself.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yep...I’ve bought the pipe,slippers and rocking chair in preparation.
I have seen the Rolling Stones live btw. 😂
Did you say rocking chair...rock on, roll on! Those bent legs are smokin' hot to the beat of the Stones.

Last edited:

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but will I be fit enough for 2020?
Enough of the chit-chat, this is IMPORTANT so pay heed:

As a thanks for helping sort out the logistics of a short CF (Sarria to SdC) a friend has brought back a block of chocolate for me to make myself chocolate caliente. Unfortunately there are no instructions on how to prepare the dish though the ingredients state that it includes sugar and starch so no need to add either. I've Googled in both Spanish and English and all I can find is basically: "heat milk, add chocolate, stir, drink"

But how much milk? How much chocolate? The whole 300g? Half the bar? It's a precious commodity and once Britain gets cut off from civilisation in the near future it'll become even precious so can't be wasted.

So come on, stop all the other nonsense and do some digging. I'd offer to make you a cup once the instructions are clear but I don't share chocolate caliente. Ever.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;

As a thanks for helping sort out the logistics of a short CF (Sarria to SdC) a friend has brought back a block of chocolate for me to make myself chocolate caliente. Unfortunately there are no instructions on how to prepare the dish though the ingredients state that it includes sugar and starch so no need to add either. I've Googled in both Spanish and English and all I can find is basically: "heat milk, add chocolate, stir, drink"

But how much milk? How much chocolate? The whole 300g? Half the bar? It's a precious commodity and once Britain gets cut off from civilisation in the near future it'll become even precious so can't be wasted.

So come on, stop all the other nonsense and do some digging. I'd offer to make you a cup once the instructions are clear but I don't share chocolate caliente. Ever.
I hear Mick Jagger loves chocolate caliente. Ask him for his recipe, but ya better do it quick.
You could also post it as a new forum thread under miscellaneous...200 different replies will make your head spin. 🙃

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I hear Mick Jagger loves chocolate caliente. Ask him for his recipe, but ya better do it quick.
You could also post it as a new forum thread under miscellaneous...200 different replies will make your head spin. 🙃
Looking for Jeff..I’ve see a lot that mention cocoa powder...but not chocolate yet.
Perhaps they’ve eaten it all ....seriously! 🤔

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)

Easy! Just stir in enough chocolate to make it thick enough to stick well to the churros - the only proper way to have hot chocolate IMHO :p

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
But how much milk? How much chocolate? The whole 300g? Half the bar?
I was talking to Peg while the only one I had was being made. I immediately regretted not watching the process once I tried it. I should have ordered another but to tell you the truth I couldn't believe that I thought it was too rich for me.

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Easy! Just stir in enough chocolate to make it thick enough to stick well to the churros - the only proper way to have hot chocolate IMHO :p
Yum! I'm going back to Spain in October, December and April for the chocolate and churros!
Screenshot_2019-09-01-07-44-21.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
If the spoon stands up...just about right! 😜
So true! Some people like their spoon to stand up in their coffee cup, too. I cut my coffee with a huge dose of cream, other folks use literally mounds of sugar...those spoons stand up tall and mighty!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Looking for Jeff..I’ve see a lot that mention cocoa powder...but not chocolate yet.
Perhaps they’ve eaten it all ....seriously! 🤔
I've been looking for Jeff, too. I think he has been wandering in a maze somewhere north of London.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but will I be fit enough for 2020?
Yep, I missed the episode of Planet Earth on penguins...Jeff is a lone penguin in the land of Wurzels and Hoity toity's.
I've been looking for Jeff, too. I think he has been wandering in a maze somewhere north of London.
NEVER go north of London - they is Brexiters, we hates them my precious, we hates them!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I
It's a SPANISH penguin - one of a team of crack, hard core penguins from the Camino of 2001:
Therese, Paula, Katrina, Hester, Graham and myself: we few, we happy few, we band of PENGUINS!
I don't think David Attenborough would agree with you, Jeffmeister!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Rick of Rick and Peg "Not so serious" topics 414
domigee "Not so serious" topics 8653

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 50 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 179 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 294 24.7%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 340 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.2%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock