A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

NOT a serious thread 2019 - the return

2020 Camino Guides

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Peter, are these your keys? It is false that Chicago was given this name for being windy. It seriously was given this name because of politicians blowing hot air and getting nowhere in their meetings...although it can be windy from the breezes off Lake Michigan!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I love cannelloni, but this guy is hollow...his conversation won't be very interesting.
HEY...I see I just won nothing again!!!
I make so many replies as a chatterbox and am oblivious that I have an 80% chance of winning without even trying! 🙆

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Um!

I’m gonna leave that alone.

Far too many roads to travel on that line.
No idea what you mean, NYC. I only meant that the words with "like letters" are easily said and pronounced...as in "congrats, camino chrissy". 😐
Oooh, me now thinks you may be referring to titillation..in that case I see where you were going with your reply...
So that's all I'm gonna say about it! 😅

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
No idea what you mean, NYC. I only meant that the words with "like letters" are easily said and pronounced...as in "congrats, camino chrissy". 😐
Oooh, me now thinks you may be referring to titillation..in that case I see where you were going with your reply...
So that's all I'm gonna say about it! 😅
🙃

Bristle boy

If not now...when? If not you...who?...........
Camino(s) past & future
A while back someone posted an information diagram on how to use Spanish Water Closets.
I came across a Japanese version and particularly liked instruction 2. So when In Japan do not dispose of books and your mobile phone down a Japanese toilet.

932A8D3C-EB10-498D-8F64-005B1F4E7507.jpeg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
So I had to try out #1 (doing a #2) to see why it was prohibited. I see why now. You should squat facing the other way. I hope the janitor won't be too upset.
Numbers 1, 2 and 3 are all hilarious! Looks like the Japanese (or Chinese, or Korean, or...) have the same funny bone as us who partake of the Not serious! 😂

Peter Fransiscus

Be proud of who you are.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Peter, are these your keys? It is false that Chicago was given this name for being windy. It seriously was given this name because of politicians blowing hot air and getting nowhere in their meetings...although it can be windy from the breezes off Lake Michigan!
They are not mine , didn't know why it was cald windy. Thank you for explaining that. 🙏🌹

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Yeah, the Meseta is quite flat in places; still I recall some hills that made my tongue hang out (while breathing through my nose :p )
Yep, the meseta did have a few big hills. I couldn't concentrate on practicing touching my tongue to my nose skills though...too busy hyperventilating. 😛

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
A young Highlander was hired to work as a sales clerk in a store that sold kilts. One day, as the manager observed, an American tourist came into the store, and asked the clerk if there was a Dunlop tartan, since his surname was Dunlop.

The manager was horrified to see that the young man skipped past the "D's" in the swatch book and showed the gentleman another tartan in the "M's". After the tourist left (and had ordered a kilt), the manager confronted the young man:

Manager: Why did you tell that gentlemen that as a Dunlop, he can wear the MacIntyre tartan?

Clerk: Because sir, the Dunlops have been "macintyres" for years!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
"Top of the morning" to all you Not Serious people!...Sit a spell and enjoy a cup of joe before you start your day! It will keep you from becoming too "owly" and those around you will appreciate your good mood...only the Irish coffee guy looks truly happy though.😉
Screenshot_2019-09-15-06-13-40.jpg

Last edited:

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
"Top of the morning" to all you Not Serious people!...Sit a spell and enjoy a cup of joe before you start your day! It will keep you from becoming too "owly" and those around you will appreciate your good mood...only the Irish coffee guy looks truly happy though.😉
View attachment 64874
I think I'm somewhere between regular and double espresso: No milk, no sugar just thick and black o_O

Need more coffee.jpg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Here is a little video clip I shot of a very hungry turtle grazing on the sea bed out of Kas in Turkey (regrettably not very good quality). After that I had coffee :p
View attachment 64893
Awww, that's nice. Were you snorkeling? I've been an avid snorkeler for years all over the Caribbean. My "sludge" in Turkey was served while on a day tour in Ephesus...our group were taken to a rug factory while they showed us many beautiful high quality rugs, hoping we'd make a purchase and mail one home...i think they thought the complimentary coffee would sway our decision.😂

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
No, I was Scuba-diving (I hold the Advanced Divers certificate 😁 )
Duh! How foolish of me...of course you are a scuba diver. On second thought I'm not sure tortoises can swim...you guys are really heavy and don't think you can flap your arms fast enough to get back up to the surface. Good for you taking scuba lessons. I was too chicken to go that deep!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Duh! How foolish of me...of course you are a scuba diver. On second thought I'm not sure tortoises can swim...you guys are really heavy and don't think you can flap your arms fast enough to get back up to the surface. Good for you taking scuba lessons. I was too chicken to go that deep!
I’ve seen him....

27161DE6-8071-4701-AF6A-89024C5E15D5.png

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Was out in town yesterday and decided to go for a beer.
I stood at the bar next to a smartly dressed man who ordered a double whisky. As the barman put the drink down and, before he could charge him, he lifted it to his lips and with one gulp finished it.
“Make that another” he said and again finished it in one go. This went on about four more times.
I looked at the guy and said “I’ve never seen Anyone drink like that” at which he replied “You would if you had got what I’ve got”.
I was a bit reticent in my reply but asked what it was (thinking it might be serious and terminal) but with a wink he replied.....” a pound”.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Was out in town yesterday and decided to go for a beer.
I stood at the bar next to a smartly dressed man who ordered a double whisky. As the barman put the drink down and, before he could charge him, he lifted it to his lips and with one gulp finished it.
“Make that another” he said and again finished it in one go. This went on about four more times.
I looked at the guy and said “I’ve never seen Anyone drink like that” at which he replied “You would if you had got what I’ve got”.
I was a bit reticent in my reply but asked what it was (thinking it might be serious and terminal) but with a wink he replied.....” a pound”.
Apparently he thought the sign said, "Buy one double and get five more doubles absolutely FREE"!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
More real estate news that I seem so fond of posting. Should I buy the $700,000 2018/2019 monster house built next door that was finally put on sale this week or move a mile away into the circa 1800 house for $800,000 in the center of town on a lot that was once owned by my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents. If I can swindle three buyers into buying my house instead of one I may be able to afford one or the other.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
More real estate news that I seem so fond of posting. Should I buy the $700,000 2018/2019 monster house built next door that was finally put on sale this week or move a mile away into the circa 1800 house for $800,000 in the center of town on a lot that was once owned by my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents. If I can swindle three buyers into buying my house instead of one I may be able to afford one or the other.
If you do wear CC’s guys shirt.

And, pick out one of these dogs.
5548A436-4FDC-4F99-99E2-F09C05AFF609.jpeg

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Absolutely hilarious doggie cross breed list, NYC! 😀
Are you saying that man would then be a cross dresser? 😲

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Hello people! I do miss you, you know that? Just popping in to say hello. Keep the fire going! Autumn turning in, and I hope you all keep well and happy. Be good. Xx
So far it hasn’t been the best of years for Humpty Dumpty. Spring and Summer hasn’t been good for him but something tells me he’s going to have a great Fall.

AD0FD39F-51C2-4DE9-A3DA-675A21128EFA.jpeg

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
So far it hasn’t been the best of years for Humpty Dumpty. Spring and Summer hasn’t been good for him but something tells me he’s going to have a great Fall.

View attachment 64951
Very clever, BB, but where's the wall? Oh, I see HD fell off that bench.😂

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Well, if you stayed home for your birthday everyone will be reminding you that you are getting older but instead you are on camino and getting younger.
True dat! By being away from home, I officially celebrate UNbirthdays...I've had five so far and I'm lovin' it!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 168 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 271 24.2%