A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

Advertisment

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
This really is off topic .... I suspect normal service will be resumed in a bit ....but every time I look at the ‘Most viewed threads’ I have to laugh!
All most people are really interested in is the dire things ... torture, bed bugs, disgruntled pilgrims .... etc :rolleyes:;)
What to wear in bed is the exception ... there you go ....
'Most viewed threads': khaki shorts, merino shirts and tees, et cetera are serious concerns.

Especially, if those threads become threadbare whilst walking.

Then we are tortured my the bits and pieces of humanity shining through. Making the wearer and viewer of said togs a bit disgruntled.

Out-of-funny....

chinacat

Donating Member
'Most viewed threads': khaki shorts, merino shirts and tees, et cetera are serious concerns.

Then we are tortured my the bits and pieces of humanity shining through. Making the wearer and viewer of said togs a bit disgruntled.

Out-of-funny....
:D:D:D
I’d better watch my ‘threads’ ;)

chinacat

Donating Member

Out-of-funny....
PS Where are the bed bugs?
Or shouldn’t I ask .... ?

Advertisment

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
This really is off topic .... I suspect normal service will be resumed in a bit ....but every time I look at the ‘Most viewed threads’ I have to laugh!
All most people are really interested in is the dire things ... torture, bed bugs, disgruntled pilgrims .... etc :rolleyes:;)
Oh nooooo :eek:
Are they what is worn in bed .... ???o_O:eek:
Butt, of course!

Oh, and watch those pilgrim menu courses. Why are they so cheap.

Last edited:

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
I love the taste of whimsical. Learning a new language in my later years, and teaching English to asylum seekers, helped me to simplify, sometimes. I have always loved words and reading. I used to read a dictionary when I was starting to learn Spanish! Sometimes the titles of posts just make me laugh, although I would rarely act upon my sense of humour to make a response, as It might be taken as being unkind or not taking the poster SERIOUSLY.
One of the best answers to that post about what to wear in bed was: Chanel no 5.
Off topic? In this thread, that is very hard to do! Another one - why do we not use gruntled? It too swirls round deliciously on the palate! Stop, go and greet the rest of the day!

chinacat

Donating Member
I love the taste of whimsical. Learning a new language in my later years, and teaching English to asylum seekers, helped me to simplify, sometimes. I have always loved words and reading. I used to read a dictionary when I was starting to learn Spanish! Sometimes the titles of posts just make me laugh, although I would rarely act upon my sense of humour to make a response, as It might be taken as being unkind or not taking the poster SERIOUSLY.
One of the best answers to that post about what to wear in bed was: Chanel no 5.
Off topic? In this thread, that is very hard to do! Another one - why do we not use gruntled? It too swirls round deliciously on the palate! Stop, go and greet the rest of the day!
I use gruntled!
Have also taught Tefl and English as a second language, to immigrants. Great fun, isn’t it :)
And also love reading dictionaries ... takes me ages to find the word I’m looking for :rolleyes::)

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Wow, this thing is moving after my humorless post! Making progress, keep those post coming, let's continue with the non serious conversation. Now seriously, good luck to my friends in Portugal and Spain, both teams are currently playing. Buena suerte, no pares de caminar.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Now, picture your flamingos with a presidential wig. :eek:
Thank you Rick.
I'm turning off my computer soon to go to bed and will probably have nightmares because of this post.
All the be-wigged flamingos, with their too-long ties, cavorting to a waltz Fantasia-style.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Advice please.

Seriously.

I wish to walk camino backwards. No, not Santiago to SJPP, that is in reverse.

No, I want to walk backwards.

And, which is the best route for a backwards walking peregrina?

If anyone can advise please do.

chinacat

Donating Member
Advice please.

Seriously.

I’m sure I read a post recently by a peregrina who had done this ...
Perhaps it was achieved with smoke and mirrors?

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
Advice please.

Seriously.

Now, that is a worthy challenge!

Look here for the many benefits of walking backwards https://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/12/14/walking-backward.aspx

And further, you won’t be surprised by cyclists racing by. :D

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Any one is fine so long as you have rear-view mirrors. Then it's just to-heel, toe-heel - one step after another.
An Aarn pack might be useful in this case. That way there's less on the back to bump into things.

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Advice please.

Seriously.

¿anirgerepgniklawsdrawkcabaebottnawouyodyhw?

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
A serious surprise?
Mexico 1, Germany 0.
Mexico wins, over matched but playing with "Verguenza Deportiva" or sports pride. Only one game, a bunch more to play. Good luck to YOUR team, y no pares de caminar.

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
:D
“Reeling in the Years” is a track from Steely Dan’s first album ... “Can’t Buy a Thrill”. :)
Oh thank you, she said, with a smile of huge relief. Why so? Because, because: here in little old Ireland, there are occasional tv screenings of times past... and guess what the series is called? No, not Steeleye Span... Reeling in the years. This is another little example of lost in translation, in a non serious kind of way. Thanks to all for non serious. Non serious for ever! Yes!

chinacat

Donating Member
According to lots of comments on The Guardian App, when Walter Becker died.

I thought it was rather strange. Most of the posters were men who bemoaned the fact that so few women they knew had any of their albums.
I blame their choice of women friends/partners :)
I bought Can’t Buy a Thrill on the day it came out in the UK, despite being a penniless student. A friend had a record store and used to play a lot of new stuff for me. I used to go without food to buy books and records :rolleyes:

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
According to lots of comments on The Guardian App, when Walter Becker died.

I thought it was rather strange. Most of the posters were men who bemoaned the fact that so few women they knew had any of their albums.
I blame their choice of women friends/partners :)
I bought Can’t Buy a Thrill on the day it came out in the UK, despite being a penniless student. A friend had a record store and used to play a lot of new stuff for me. I used to go without food to buy books and records :rolleyes:
Well I received a good education from my parents. Inherited dad's LP's after he passed away. Steely Dan amongst others. But number one Warren Zevon but ok back to topic...;)

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Think of a number between 1 and 10

Multiply by 9

If it is a 2 digit number, add together for new number

Subtract 5

Now, convert your number to a letter (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i j )

Think of a country with that letter

Pick an animal using last letter of country

Pick a fruit with last letter of animal

What have you got?

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
@chinacat, what offence? I am part of The Humorless and The Unoffendable teams. And talking about teams, good job by Belgium's Red Devils against Panama. To my amigos Bélgicos, congratulations, and a few more games to play. To my amigos Panameños, good job in your first World Cup game ever, good luck on the next game. And to all our forum members, seriously, no pares de caminar.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I think I grew up on another planet.
In more ways than one.;)
Ah well. Someone has to be different, and it may as well be me.:cool:
I am part of the advanced team from Zortron. My five year mission: seek out new life and adventure ... go where no Zortronian has ever gone before.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Was this to be expected?
Here, yes. Absolutely.
My five year mission: seek out new life and adventure ... go where no Zortronian has ever gone before.
To the store to buy makings for cheesecake?
(It's super easy to make. Go to the Moosewood Cookbook and check out the recipe for "Montana's Mom's Dynamite Cheesecake.")

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All I can think of is:

country? ... Dominica, Djibouti(en), Denmark, Dubai (which isn’t a country)
Yak
lime

I’ve tried saying it quickly ... my beloved thinks I’ve finally lost it this time ... but I can’t ‘hear’ it .... :oops:

My brain hurts ....
Denmark. Kangaroo. Orange.

Old, going to sleep now.

Buen camino in your dreams.

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All I can think of is:

country? ... Dominica, Djibouti(en), Denmark, Dubai (which isn’t a country)
Yak
lime

I’ve tried saying it quickly ... my beloved thinks I’ve finally lost it this time ... but I can’t ‘hear’ it .... :oops:

My brain hurts ....
Morning! I cannot take responsibility for causing pain to anybody’s brain, so here is one of two common answers. Before I do, thank you, and all, for your creativity! When I first did the task, it was BEFORE GOOGLE: BG! I found it when I was clearing out 4000 plus emails that have been lurking in my inbox. Their time has come. Anyway, as promised: What have I got? A kangaroo in Denmark eating an orange.

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Morning! I cannot take responsibility for causing pain to anybody’s brain, so here is one of two common answers. Before I do, thank you, and all, for your creativity! When I first did the task, it was BEFORE GOOGLE: BG! I found it when I was clearing out 4000 plus emails that have been lurking in my inbox. Their time has come. Anyway, as promised: What have I got? A kangaroo in Denmark eating an orange.
Ok , :rolleyes:

chinacat

Donating Member

Ah ... my beloved did say I was overthinking it :rolleyes:

I thought that maybe it had a ‘catch’.
So I thought about an animal that started with the last letter of ‘country’ .... and a fruit that started with the last letter of ‘animal’. The country has to start with D, because it’s the 9 times table. I thought it was one of those brainteasers where you get a phrase from running the words together!
I originally got Denmark, koala, apple ....

Think I’ll stick with the Saturday Guardian crossword ... :)

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • June