A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Err... Has anybody else remarked you have a VERY difficult name to remember? :D[/QUOTE]

nycwalking? Actually, moniker no longer applies. I relocated to Los Angeles. Oh, and elderly mom has tons of elephants with trunks up!

Advertisment

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x3), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham.
2018? Vf again or Via Lemovicensis
So,did you see these feet before? Where? Quite easy, really...
Err... No I don't :oops: Could it be in La Virgen del Camino church?
No, got to be in Santiago Cathedral! :oops:

Last edited:

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Err... Has anybody else remarked you have a VERY difficult name to remember? :D
nycwalking? Actually, moniker no longer applies. I relocated to Los Angeles. Oh, and elderly mom has tons of elephants with trunks up![/QUOTE]

Noooo, I meant stgcph! :D
Actually, do you think my elephants could be at your Mum's?

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
nycwalking? Actually, moniker no longer applies. I relocated to Los Angeles. Oh, and elderly mom has tons of elephants with trunks up!
Noooo, I meant stgcph! :D
Actually, do you think my elephants could be at your Mum's?[/QUOTE]

I am certain.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
Has anyone mentioned that this is a REALLY stupid thread?! :rolleyes::p
You, @C clearly. But then someone has to live up to their name.:p:D
Actually, do you think my elephants could be at your Mum's?
Some of them may have come this way, too. They were running happily through my dreams last night red socks, spots and all. But I'm not in a hurry to send them home. Most entertaining.
Good morning everyone!

Advertisment

stgcph

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (Aug/Sep 2017)
Err... Has anybody else remarked you have a VERY difficult name to remember?
Me? My elephant has no problem remembering it, but then elephants are said to have very good memories. His name is Chikandrahanwakata –and it annoys him, that I always forget about the silent ’r’.

(I’m so excited to see where this thread is going to go…:eek:)

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.

stgcph

Camino(s) past & future
I was thinking that maybe we should ask the moderators to rename this thread ‘The Happy Fruitcakes’ or something. That would give other members fair warning before clicking in (no offence intended; I myself am happy-happy to be on this thread) :D:D

C clearly

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
I was thinking that maybe we should ask the moderators to rename this thread ‘The Happy Fruitcakes’ or something. That would give other members fair warning before clicking in (no offence intended; I myself am happy-happy to be on this thread) :D:D
As the original poster, @domigee should be able to rename the post. :)

But hey! So many threads...
About people starting on a first Camino, about people thinking which Camino next? About which/how many different Caminos you can possibly combine...
And should you do it on your own or with a tour?
Which one is best?
And what should you take ? A fleece, no fleece? A sleeping bag, three sleeping bags???
I feel like I am like an alcohol addict in a wine shop!!!
D'you think I may be in the wrong forum?
I shouldn't be here!!! :D:D:D;)
Stick to the red wine, wash socks in red wine and you have red socks

C clearly

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
I don't drink and Mosto, carbonated grape juice, is purple. So, how do I get red socks?
Those of us who use red wine to colour our socks don't usually drink the wine afterwards (but I shouldn't speak for others :rolleyes:), so there is no reason you should use the wine for laundry.

stgcph

Camino(s) past & future
Two elephants were sitting in a cherry tree knitting red socks when they saw a giraffe flying by. One elephant asked the other: ‘why is that giraffe flying by here again and again?’ And the other elephant said: ‘He has probably got his nest in the neighborhood’.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
And the storks on the nearby rooftoop looked on in dismay, knowing that soon they would have to carry someone a bit more awkward and heavy than a human infant........

kirkie

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Err... No I don't :oops: Could it be in La Virgen del Camino church?
No, got to be in Santiago Cathedral! :oops:
Sorry, domigee, it’s a while since I looked in at this post. Not in Santiago. If I tell you I took it the day I began to walk the Salvador this summer I will be giving you a very big clue!!!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
So what new title would you prefer? :rolleyes::D
It is indeed a 'not serious thread' :D

Can't call it the 'elephant's thread' cos that would seriously upset the giraffe...

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
And the storks on the nearby rooftoop looked on in dismay, knowing that soon they would have to carry someone a bit more awkward and heavy than a human infant........
I've only seen storks on camino. Those storks are mighty strong to cross the pond. No wonder USAns only represent 6 per cent of world's population.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Oh yes, Roger Whittaker..! And now the mouse has something to learn -the eternal wheel :)
Easter, this year, drove my dad and his gal to San Francisco from Los Angeles. Dad's CD player refused to play pop's Roger Whitaker CD. Pops and his gal were bummed. I wonder if presence of a giraffe or elephant or both flying or stuck in cheery tree would have lightened the load.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
Well, I'll have to take your word for it.
As we all are agreed that we like elephants (even what's-his-name obviously does), I'll take a tangent that I might come to deeply regret. But it could be amusing (please keep it clean folks, we don't want the mods stopping the fun...) ~
Limericks, anyone?

An elephant in Leon named Mabel
Could plie on top of a table
With red socks and glee
She hid in a tree
Stealing z-poles to keep herself stable.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
There once was a pilgrim named June
Whose plastic bags rustled too soon.
Awakened and mad,
An elephant bad
Got even the next day at noon.

(How? Beats me. but someone here might know the rest of the story....:D
It's well past my bedtime...have fun everyone!:p )

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Very educational if you happen to play the bass.

As for the music, as we say around my parts, more curious than beautiful – but there is a lot of elephant in it :)
lol...after posting I saw that it was more talk than music but nevertheless...about an elephant :D

ah this brings me to the movie " Un éléphant, ça trompe énormément " but this would lead us too far....Just google for it.

Last edited:

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
This is one crazy thread ! I've lost track and what's more.... I never found my elephant, tss
But I have a few ducks and frogs to keep me company....
Tss, I'll manage (putting on a brave face )
;)

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future

Rick of Rick and Peg

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Is it true? I've heard that an equestrian sub-group of the Australian Friends of the Camino have been working on a project to make horse riding pilgrims' journey through Galicia more pleasant by crossbreeding horses with kangaroos. The idea is supposed to be that when it is raining the pilgrims can ride inside.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Is it true? I've heard that an equestrian sub-group of the Australian Friends of the Camino have been working on a project to make horse riding pilgrims' journey through Galicia more pleasant by crossbreeding horses with kangaroos. The idea is supposed to be that when it is raining the pilgrims can ride inside.
If one is carried as a "joey" sometimes and rides other times.... How many kms does one need to receive Compostela?

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
The idea is supposed to be that when it is raining the pilgrims can ride inside.
OMG. What an image. (@ivar, please...can we have a giggle emoji?!)

If one is carried as a "joey" sometimes and rides other times.... How many kms does one need to receive Compostela?
Twice the total distance squared, plus third times the length of the stride, plus the square root of the apex of the hop...oh, and don't forget the two stamps every day.

[Edit. Mea Culpa! On reflection I realize I was wrong. It's simply the square root of -1 times the distance. Oh, and don't forget those stamps on your imaginary camino! ;) ]

Last edited:

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Oh yes, the kms, but there are more questions:
Are they true pilgrims?
Would they be real-er pilgrims if they wore red socks?
Does each kangaroo have a different stamp ?
:D

kirkie

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Mabel's in Leon stuck in a leafless cherry tree, along with your girl, @domigee. The Horseroos from Galicia are the best hope for getting them down.

(You made that @kirkie?! Wonderful. Now I want an elephant.)
No problem. It just takes time. I like having an owner in mind...it’s my playtime activity.

Jacobus

Pilgrim since 2008
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2008 2009, 2014
Del Norte 2011. Portuguese 2015, 2017Ingles 2015 Fisterre 2015.
Camino??? 2018
There is a worldrecord from 1969 where they got 54 people in and on a vw Beetle.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What is next.??

Wish you well,Peter.
Lets find out how many pilgrims can be on the pilgrim bridge at Puenta la Reina. Only on the footpath part for safety reasons. If participating you must wear red toe socks and your backpack must be less than 115 l. Number of sleeping bags optional. Flip flops or open toe sandals a must. No guidebooks allowed. A bottle of wine from Navarra, Rioja, Ribeira del Douro, Bierzo or Rias. Baixas...and morcia and insalata mixta!
Every third pilgrim must have Pacharan or ibuprofena. No exceptions!
Photo must be taken from the new bridge showing occupants and old bridge reflected in the river.
No bulls, sheep, bikes, donkeys or clickity clackity walking sticks unless home made and purchased in a market

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
No bulls, sheep, bikes, donkeys or clickity clackity walking sticks unless home made and purchased in a market
Well, that sounds like a grand plan. And to heck with safety ~ let's take over the road, red socks and all.
But can we bring our elephants?

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Well, that sounds like a grand plan. And to heck with safety ~ let's take over the road, red socks and all.
But can we bring our elephants?
What if a pilgrim is looking elephantine? Will they be allowed on bridge? Will they be able to wear red socks? Or, must they don grey socks with purple pansies on them? Please let me know asap because Svenhard's cinnamon roles are delicious. And, may be in backpack.

Last edited:

Icacos

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
How about 9 in a Citroen Deux Cheveux (sp??)
Nine humans or nine elephants? You didn't say. :D
We once got fifteen humans in an Anglia - adults, teenagers, and all the way down to a two-year old. But the majority had to de-camp every time we came to a hill. Poles would have helped for the ascents but we didn't know about poles back then. And how many poles would we have needed? :cool:
IMG_0229.JPG

Attachments

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Nine humans or nine elephants? You didn't say. :D
We once got fifteen humans in an Anglia - adults, teenagers, and all the way down to a two-year old. But the majority had to de-camp every time we came to a hill. Poles would have helped for the ascents but we didn't know about poles back then. And how many poles would we have needed? :cool:
View attachment 37572
Why didn't you ask Ron Weasley for his dad's flying Anglia?

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 78 16.1%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.1%
  • June